CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   2011 Corvette Grand Sport, Worst Car Ever Driven? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/2974480-2011-corvette-grand-sport-worst-car-ever-driven.html)

jackhall99 12-31-2011 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by phileaglesfan (Post 1579611197)
He watches too much Top Gear. That is where he gets his facts from. Too bad for him and Top Gear the transverse leaf spring setup is excellent on the track and in daily driving. BBC in the US didn't even show the ZR1 kicking the R8 V10s butt on the track. I don't even think the ZR1 is on their lap board. The Z06 already dusted off most cars on the board except the extreme exotics.

It is, at 1:20.4, which isn't bad at all considering the track was damp. I wish they would have run it and posted a dry track time though.

http://www.ranker.com/list/top-gear-...p-gear-reviews

I imagine this list is a bit dated, but does show the ZR1 time. :cheers:

Snakes & Arrows 12-31-2011 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by greengo (Post 1579605543)
Yes I looked it over and unlike my C6 Corvette.....His A/C didnt go out after 3000 miles, he hasnt had to have 2 batteries in two years, the roof hasnt had to be replaced twice, he didnt have a rear seal leaking oil, his headlight didnt develope a crack........
Oh did I mention it will run circles around a Corvette...Unless of course you want to spend 150K for a ZR1

Where in the heck do you shop for cars? 150K for a ZR1? After that it becomes crystal clear where you are coming from.

So a friend has a perfect GTR? There are several members on this forum that have perfect or almost perfect Corvettes. My Vette gas been almost perfect with 0 significant problems. Take a quick look at the Nissan or GTR forum and you will learn they are far from perfect.:eek:

One-O-Wonder 12-31-2011 03:32 PM

It never ceases to amaze me that writers and editors at Motor Trend can be bought off today by a mere bottle of "POUILLY FUISSE...

2toys 12-31-2011 03:58 PM

I just hate driving my Corvettes, I just hate it and you can tell by the grin, er grimace on my face every time I slide behind the wheel.

Couldn't agree with him more............RICER!!!!!!

Mike Campbell 12-31-2011 04:09 PM

Why anyone pays any attention to some nit witted editor in at best and anti-American biased car mag is not worth the snot it takes to blow my nose. :crazy2: They're all intitled to their opinion. After all, how many other people do we all know that have their heads up their asses? :crazy2: Us talking about it won't change that moron's opinion...so let's all have a HAPPY & HEALTHY NEW YEAR!!! :cheers:

TOSOC7 12-31-2011 04:19 PM

My response to Motor Trend was canceling my subscription. To say the Grand Sport doesn't have soul is ridiculous....

Raazor 12-31-2011 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by TS C6GS (Post 1579612319)
My response to Motor Trend was canceling my subscription. To say the Grand Sport doesn't have soul is ridiculous....

you showed them!!!

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c...ar-fail-o1.gif

phileaglesfan 12-31-2011 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by jackhall99 (Post 1579611872)
It is, at 1:20.4, which isn't bad at all considering the track was damp. I wish they would have run it and posted a dry track time though.

http://www.ranker.com/list/top-gear-...p-gear-reviews

I imagine this list is a bit dated, but does show the ZR1 time. :cheers:

Thanks, I don't remember seeing it on their last show.

I would really love to see it on a dry track with the Cup tires. I don't think it would be as quick as the Atom V8 but you never know. The Atom makes a Lotus Exige look like a Bentley for luxury.

jackhall99 12-31-2011 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by phileaglesfan (Post 1579612728)
Thanks, I don't remember seeing it on their last show.

I would really love to see it on a dry track with the Cup tires. I don't think it would be as quick as the Atom V8 but you never know. The Atom makes a Lotus Exige look like a Bentley for luxury.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I agree that it would be good to see the results on a dry pavement with the Cup tires. :cheers:

jackhall99 12-31-2011 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Snakes & Arrows (Post 1579611905)
Where in the heck do you shop for cars? 150K for a ZR1? After that it becomes crystal clear where you are coming from.

So a friend has a perfect GTR? There are several members on this forum that have perfect or almost perfect Corvettes. My Vette gas been almost perfect with 0 significant problems. Take a quick look at the Nissan or GTR forum and you will learn they are far from perfect.:eek:

:iagree:

I wondered where he got the $150K figure from myself. :lol:

The poster you replied to has an '05 so obviously had the top recall issues and dead battery problems. However, he shouldn't paint all Corvettes due to that. :eek:

As with most any car, a few 'vettes with several problem areas are bound to exist, but I don't know of any in my circle of friends. I'm on my third with no issues of concern. :nonod: None of our Corvette Club members, Chicago Crew (a loose bunch from a 30 or 40 mile radius), or West Michigan Crew (which includes folks from across MI) have had serious issues. :cheers:

jackhall99 12-31-2011 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Raazor (Post 1579612572)
you showed them!!!

:thumbs:, he told them what he thought with $$. :yesnod:

It works if enough people do it, e.g. B of A and Verizon most recently. :ack:

If people sit on their azzes and just take it, nothing changes. :cheers:

jackhall99 12-31-2011 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by TS C6GS (Post 1579612319)

:thumbs: Good for you. Ya got one supporter here amigo. :cheers:

su8pack1 12-31-2011 06:20 PM

:lurk:

Mainer12 12-31-2011 08:36 PM

My humble review of my 2012 Grand Sport Centennial Edition

It seems a lot of people are knocking the Corvette. So here's my 2 cents. I have always wanted a Corvette since I have been a little kid, now 40 and can finally afford one. So I drove everything else first,
Lexus ISF great car, great engine, gas mileage good, sounds good, stereo lacking major bass, graphics on gps like the corvettes not very good, looks like a sleeper all around good car. Very good incentives .9 % financing. Excellent reliability tires wont kill you when you need new ones.
MB C63 AMG, great car loved the engine, transmission very good, interior awesome, took the four door for a ride, the salesmen really new how to sell the car, and let me put it through its paces. Brakes awesome, stereo very good room excellent. Gas mileage sucks, no discount, poor incentives 4.9 % financing, avg to poor reliability after warranty, at least thats some of the comments made on MB forums. 72K
BMW M3 Salesmen never took me serious thought I just wanted a joy ride, got on it once salesmen not happy, however the steering is amazing, breaks are good, engine very good, interior beautiful and well put together, DCT awesome, steering wheel nice fat and chuncky loved it. No incentives, 4.5% apr, nothing off the car, and they were very insistent that I buy all there extras tire warranty, extended maintenance, extended warranty, I just looked at him and smiled. 76K
CTS-V, too big, sucks gas, too floaty. Engine awesome, interior very nice, hard to get use to the seats though couldnt find a comfortable position, stereo pretty good. Breaks stop you very quickly. 70K
Audi S4 Interior gorgeous (best I have been in), DCT awesome, grip tremendous, brakes ok, drove it in the rain, there is no substitute for AWD in the rain, drove like a maniac, car responded so well it is scary, BTW the 2011-2012 have launch control on the DCT equipped cars, put in sport, foot on the brake, dynamic mode and asr off, right floor to the floor revs to 3000 rpm and you shoot like a rocket even in the rain, least expensive of all 61k Outside appearance of the car I just didn't like, gas mileage fantastic.
Infiniti G35 Previous ride, steering ridiculously accurate (had 4was), tip in overly aggressive, when you want a little gave a lot, always seemed like it was on psycho mode. Brakes very good, Garnet Ember exterior very pleasing to the eye, 306 hp not bad for a 3500 pound car. Stereo most impressive "studio on Wheels, 3 10" subs factory. Grip a little hairy, specially back end brakes lose all the time, overall a fantastic car, never had a lick of problem with it. Paddles great for shifting when you want to.
Now finally, 2012 Corvette Grand Sport Centennial 4lt NPP exhaust, adjustable shocks. 73870 Kerbecks gave me almost 10K off and I filled out a survey and GM gave me another 1K off. They gave me crap for my car, IMO dont trade your car at Kerbecks, at least for me they gave me many thousands below KBB fair trade in value. The most gorgeous car of all 6.2 liter 378 Cubic Inches. The interior of mine is light years ahead IMHO of "dont throw bricks" of the 2011. The new suede seats are much more grippy and much more comfortable interior is just pleasing to the eye, much better side bolsters (bigger). The suede steering wheel is a huge improvement over the last, yes the gps screen still sucks, but who has a gps give you directions on your heads up display, maybe 100K BMW M5/M6 thats about it as far as I know, I think that is awesome, don't have to take your eyes off the road, The new Bose stereo needs some praise too. New 10" woofers are tight but a little boomy, need to play around with adjustments, new tweeters really bring things to life. The GPS well lets hope they model the Audi S4's w nvidia graphics that, and the Infinitis (birds eye view)are the best i have seen so far. HUD no other car that i have tested had it. Reliability, seems to be very good, from what I have read, bought an addition 2 years B2B warranty. Gas mileage very good went to Delaware last week got 26.5 mpg avg 70mph with 6 speed automatic (the paddles are ok seems like a playstation game (really chevy come on), push for upshift and pull for downshift both sides the same and no rev matching downshift
http://www.c5racer.com/catalog/corve...ft-module.html
, every other car I took for a ride had that, I guess C7) I am changing that I am buying new paddles left will be down shift and right will be upshift. Fit and finish in mine is first rate, the leather and stitching are incredible. The stripes down the hood and over the car are very tastefully done, and blend well with the carbon flash paint. Louis Chevrolets emblem on the wheels and door sills blends well with the car. I think it rivals cars costing many times its price in its appearance. The trim ring around the stereo is all black and very well done, the trunk space in huge, put my staff golf bag in the back no problem, could still fit at least 3 large suit cases in addition. The wheels are all black very tasteful. BTW it so bleepin low, I have already scratched the mini (Z06) spoiler in the front. Took the roof off today and played with it a little, it sounds so good at about 3800 rpm when the exhaust valve opens up. Tip in is fantastic which makes it a pleasure to drive not hyper at all, and pulls from anywhere. It is the only two seater of the bunch listed above. In touring mode it really drives/rides better than my G35. I have gotten so many thumbs up and people taking pictures that you will never get in any of the other cars, you really need to drive one, this car is that good and its AMERICAN MADE except for the key fobs! Long winded I know hope it is worth while Shawn

Raazor 12-31-2011 08:39 PM

cliffs? :lurk:

Mainer12 12-31-2011 08:49 PM

My Corvette has so much sole, I cant stop driving it, I cant stop looking at it, it will not sit, I want to drive it every day, what a great machine. and I get great gas mileage better then M3 and C63, better looking as well. The TRANSVERSE leave spring started in the early 80's corvettes, took place of sway bars, and are NOT suppose to were out and are much lighter, a great piece of engineering if you ask me.

Raazor 12-31-2011 08:50 PM

sole

http://content.answcdn.com/main/cont...41288-Sole.jpg

Mike V. 12-31-2011 10:05 PM

Unless...

Originally Posted by greengo (Post 1579604419)
I recently drove a Nissan GT-R and when I got home I wanted to sell my Corvette.
Same can be said after driving my friends Cadillac CTS-V...

While my Corvette is really nice,
Its out of its league compared to these two

Unless you give a $#@%! about looks. I have a Lexus GS 350 for dd, & 450+ rwhp Z51 6MN 'vert. Hands down the Lex is far superior veh. for dd, & conversely for top down, blow ur hair back, & snap neck w/ dropping the hammer, I'll take my vette over all 3. Finally, I have a '72 Roadster, hi opt'd w/ a/c & wudn't trade for any of them. It doesn't do one thing better than any of these cars, but has a timeless look, and in twenty years these cars will be long forgotten. Lastly, if you listen closely you may hear it appreciating. Can that be said of any of these other cars?

rayk 12-31-2011 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by Mike V. (Post 1579614871)
Unless you give a $#@%! about looks. I have a Lexus GS 350 for dd, & 450+ rwhp Z51 6MN 'vert. Hands down the Lex is far superior veh. for dd, & conversely for top down, blow ur hair back, & snap neck w/ dropping the hammer, I'll take my vette over all 3. Finally, I have a '72 Roadster, hi opt'd w/ a/c & wudn't trade for any of them. It doesn't do one thing better than any of these cars, but has a timeless look, and in twenty years these cars will be long forgotten. Lastly, if you listen closely you may hear it appreciating. Can that be said of any of these other cars?

I can't tell the difference between BMW's, Audi's, Lexus, CTS's. I see a lot ot them. How often do I see a GS, not a lot and I notice them.

KBow_Photo 12-31-2011 10:52 PM

You should just copy and paste what he said because youre giving them sponsorship dollars every time someone clicks on the link to read it. As i said somewhere else, It's a typical American car rag. I haven't bought one in years mainly because their opinions are meaningless and somehow always skewed to whomever is paying the most. Edmunds did the exact same thing, they knew they would get views if they put the 53 vette as one of their worst cars ever.

Red Rochester 01-01-2012 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by greengo (Post 1579604419)
I recently drove a Nissan GT-R and when I got home I wanted to sell my Corvette.
Same can be said after driving my friends Cadillac CTS-V...

While my Corvette is really nice,
Its out of its league compared to these two

Some good points here. Corvette drifted away from sports car apeal with the GS. Just more bling with no HP

Batman 357 01-01-2012 09:36 AM

Look at all the people that read the "article". Maybe he is smarter then we think.....

rayk 01-01-2012 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Red Rochester (Post 1579616374)
Some good points here. Corvette drifted away from sports car apeal with the GS. Just more bling with no HP

Don't understand this statement. The GS M6 Coupe comes better prepared for the track then any other vette except for the Z06. Track times prove it.

The GS A6 has the updated look to keep the C6 interest up for 4 model years before the C7 debuts.

jackhall99 01-01-2012 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by rayk (Post 1579617287)
Don't understand this statement. The GS M6 Coupe comes better prepared for the track then any other vette except for the Z06. Track times prove it.

The GS A6 has the updated look to keep the C6 interest up for 4 model years before the C7 debuts.

:iagree: Some people just don't get that it takes more than horsepower. :thumbs:

Catapult09 01-02-2012 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by thirtythird (Post 1579610153)
The leaf spring setup goes back to Argus. How does that not give it some soul? It is a very compact and light design and does the job and the handling numbers prove that. There are other advantages.

Having said that, the car can easily be converted to a coil-over setup for the few owners that want it. The car is a great platform and has a huge amount of after market going for it. What's not to like?

Starting price is great also.

Don't take away features that work, are unique, and are part of the Corvette design and have a lineage just because.

Besides, what is "soul" when it comes to a car? Just seems like a way for someone to say "I don't like it, but I can't really quantify it."

:iagree:You're right, the Corvette is unique, fast, beautiful, handles like it's on a train track and has a 50 year heritage. He says it has no soul, really?

LFZ 01-02-2012 06:55 PM

I know what you're saying, but the it seems that the trend amongst sports cars is to offer the "bling" so that it looks like the faster model. I believe corvette always separated itself by not following this path, but to increase sales...GM did what they had to do.

X25 01-02-2012 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Mike Campbell (Post 1579605640)
Has it ever occurred to you, Mr. Greengo ( maybe I should say Al Gore Jr) that YOU are the cause for all your problems?? I drove a GTR....and found it to be a large rattlely ass turd. Was way too fragile ( they blow trannies like Al Gore does BS) and was warned by the saleman not to break the car. :leaving: Perhaps, you should get off the Corvette forum and join the Nissan leagues. If you cannot say something positive...and love the GTR's go buy one. Betcha don't bitch when you blow the tranny and engine will ya??:smash:

Fine, you comment about GT-R, etc., but what's up with those Al Gore comments? Do you really think everyone in this forum is Republican? Oh and btw, the only developed nation with a sizable community that doesn't believe in global climate change is Americans; sad.

bodak1 01-02-2012 08:16 PM

Motor Trend worst car

This magazine has historically been anti American cars. This stupid statement from Udy prompted me to cancel my subscription. Tired of reading about Porsches every month.

king off the hill 01-02-2012 09:27 PM

payments

when a guys payments are to high it probably turned him off the car because he couldnt afford to drive it. and when you cant afford to drive something you can find all kinds of things wrong with it. thats my opinion

dazz44 01-02-2012 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by greengo (Post 1579605543)
Yes I looked it over and unlike my C6 Corvette.....His A/C didnt go out after 3000 miles, he hasnt had to have 2 batteries in two years, the roof hasnt had to be replaced twice, he didnt have a rear seal leaking oil, his headlight didnt develope a crack........
Oh did I mention it will run circles around a Corvette...Unless of course you want to spend 150K for a ZR1

YOU have a lemmon!!!!!!! :crazy:

gbgary 01-02-2012 10:11 PM

bling? vettes don't have bling.

Marc V. 01-02-2012 10:18 PM

Who care what some d-bag from MotorTrend thinks? :smash:

I love my car and that's all that freaking matters. :flag:

cadguymark 01-02-2012 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by OnPoint (Post 1579604802)
Keep in mind he likes driving small displacement low torque engined cars.

Just like a lot of the writers. They spend the vast bulk of their time in cars will small engines. You can drive those cars all out a heck of a lot easier than driving a larger displacement high torque machine. With the latter, you have to actually "drive" or you'll get in trouble with it. The former is easier, more idiot proof etc.

this is exactly why MT picked the GTR over the Z06, the test driver was afraid of the Z06 power and could not drive it anywhere near the max. He felt safe in the GTR :rofl:

his last words, (about the GS) are very telling of his ignorance:
"and ditch the transverse mono-leaf suspension."

phileaglesfan 01-02-2012 10:51 PM

Only Americans would look at the GS as not having a performance increase. Drive a base one around a corner or use the brakes and then compare it to a GS.

Snakes & Arrows 01-03-2012 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by Ozer (Post 1579629563)
Fine, you comment about GT-R, etc., but what's up with those Al Gore comments? Do you really think everyone in this forum is Republican? Oh and btw, the only developed nation with a sizable community that doesn't believe in global climate change is Americans; sad.

Just another reason America is one great country.:thumbs::salute: What is sad is how many Americans want to follow Europe into socialism and destruction.:( As for Global warming I thought people stopped believing in that scam a long time ago.:crazy2: It is the only argument or belief in the world that contradicts itself so much they changed the name to climate change. They expect people to believe when the weather is too hot or cold it is climate change. Some of the warmest days on record were before the industrial revolution.:eek:

jimb100 01-03-2012 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by Snakes & Arrows (Post 1579631644)
Just another reason America is one great country.:thumbs::salute: What is sad is how many Americans want to follow Europe into socialism and destruction.:( As for Global warming I thought people stopped believing in that scam a long time ago.:crazy2: It is the only argument or belief in the world that contradicts itself so much they changed the name to climate change. They expect people to believe when the weather is too hot or cold it is climate change. Some of the warmest days on record were before the industrial revolution.:eek:

News Flash!!!

Earth is NOT flat!

Germs cause disease NOT evil spirits!

Earth is NOT 5,000 years old!

Sorry, I know, science is crazy hard to believe.

Rebel 1 01-03-2012 01:19 AM

:iagree: 100%

Jimmy W1 01-03-2012 01:32 AM

Just because it "has no soul" is no reason for it to be a poor handling car. He doesn't really explain his reasoning. The rear leaf springs was a topic they talked about on the BBC edition of Top Gear, today. While one of the guys didn't like them, the one who actually drove the car said it was great. So, I think it is just the thought of the leaf springs that people don't like.

Snakes & Arrows 01-03-2012 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by jimb100 (Post 1579631692)
News Flash!!!
Earth is NOT flat!

Germs cause disease NOT evil spirits!

Earth is NOT 5,000 years old!

Sorry, I know, science is crazy hard to believe.

Maybe you should actually watch the news & form your own opinion rather then drink the Kool-aid and believe only what certain people tell you. Look at the facts along with weather patterns & records then decide. Are you really going to believe Al Gore or Bill Maher? You could easily find better role models or people to follow. Take a moment and think what do people like Al & Bill have to gain when a small segment of the population believes them?:eek:

As for science. For every scientist that you find that supports climate change or global warming I will find one that debunks the theory. Again take a few moments and search weather patterns when they began around 1850. You will learn that in last 100 years the earths temperature has gained a mere 0.74 °C. Along with a small drop in the 1940's. You don't have to believe me. Just do some unbiased research. It's really quite easy.:thumbs:

Marc V. 01-03-2012 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by J Willis (Post 1579631746)
So, I think it is just the thought of the leaf springs that people don't like.

Exactly. So many people like this jackass from MotorTrend make ignorant comments. :rolleyes:

The leaf spring works, and damn good at that. Why change it?

Snakes & Arrows 01-03-2012 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by J Willis (Post 1579631746)
Just because it "has no soul" is no reason for it to be a poor handling car. He doesn't really explain his reasoning. The rear leaf springs was a topic they talked about on the BBC edition of Top Gear, today. While one of the guys didn't like them, the one who actually drove the car said it was great. So, I think it is just the thought of the leaf springs that people don't like.

:iagree: Well stated.:thumbs:

I still find the no soul comment absurd at its very face.:crazy2:

tuxnharley 01-03-2012 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Snakes & Arrows (Post 1579631761)
Maybe you should actually watch the news & form your own opinion rather then drink the Kool-aid and believe only what certain people tell you. Look at the facts along with weather patterns & records then decide. Are you really going to believe Al Gore or Bill Maher? You could easily find better role models or people to follow. Take a moment and think what do people like Al & Bill have to gain when a small segment of the population believes them?:eek:

As for science. For every scientist that you find that supports climate change or global warming I will find one that debunks the theory. Again take a few moments and search weather patterns when they began around 1850. You will learn that in last 100 years the earths temperature has gained a mere 0.74 °C. Along with a small drop in the 1940's. You don't have to believe me. Just do some unbiased research. It's really quite easy.:thumbs:

Actually, we do have "global warming". It's been going on for about 10,000 years since the end of the last ice age. It's part of the natural cycle of the earth, and has virtually nothing to do with mankind. The problem is with the politicians whose ego is so large that they think they can legislate a change in nature.:crazy2:

X25 01-03-2012 12:34 PM

Well they had to call it climate change, since the overall increase in global temperature means shifting climates, meaning some places actually get colder, and some very smart people (which I apparently can find many examples of with the testaments here) thought this was proof that there was no global warming :)

The fact is, I can always be convinced otherwise if provided hard evidence, while you'll always think the universe have been revolving around humans since about 6000 years ago. Again, sad.

jimb100 01-03-2012 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by tuxnharley (Post 1579633824)

Actually, we do have "global warming". It's been going on for about 10,000 years since the end of the last ice age. It's part of the natural cycle of the earth, and has virtually nothing to do with mankind. The problem is with the politicians whose ego is so large that they think they can legislate a change in nature.:crazy2:

"In the last 100 years, Earth's average surface temperature increased by about 0.8 °C (1.4 °F) with about two thirds of the increase occurring over just the last three decades. Warming of the climate system is unequivocal, and scientists are more than 90% certain most of it is caused by increasing concentrations of greenhouse gases produced by human activities such as deforestation and burning fossil fuels. These findings are recognized by the national science academies of all the major industrialized countries.

Climate model projections are summarized in the 2007 Fourth Assessment Report (AR4) by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC). They indicate that during the 21st century the global surface temperature is likely to rise a further 1.1 to 2.9 °C (2 to 5.2 °F) for their lowest emissions scenario and 2.4 to 6.4 °C (4.3 to 11.5 °F) for their highest. The ranges of these estimates arise from the use of models with differing sensitivity to greenhouse gas concentrations."

Of course, you being a renowned internet poster on a Corvette web site, we should believe you instead of the hundreds of research scientists studying the matter.

X25 01-03-2012 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by jimb100 (Post 1579634238)
"In the last 100 years, Earth's average surface temperature increased by about 0.8 °C (1.4 °F) with about two thirds of the increase occurring over just the last three decades. Warming of the climate system is unequivocal, and scientists are more than 90% certain most of it is caused by increasing concentrations of greenhouse gases produced by human activities such as deforestation and burning fossil fuels. These findings are recognized by the national science academies of all the major industrialized countries.

Climate model projections are summarized in the 2007 Fourth Assessment Report (AR4) by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC). They indicate that during the 21st century the global surface temperature is likely to rise a further 1.1 to 2.9 °C (2 to 5.2 °F) for their lowest emissions scenario and 2.4 to 6.4 °C (4.3 to 11.5 °F) for their highest. The ranges of these estimates arise from the use of models with differing sensitivity to greenhouse gas concentrations."

Of course, you being a renowned internet poster on a Corvette web site, we should believe you instead of the hundreds of research scientists studying the matter.

:iagree: It is not even debated anywhere else besides U.S.! I guess those cunning scientist could not deceive the best of us :P

jimb100 01-03-2012 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Snakes & Arrows (Post 1579631761)

Yes, all those "scientists" on Fox News certainly know better than researchers in every industrialized country on earth.

You do the research. These scientists already have.

"The full WGI report was published in March 2007, and last updated in September of that year. It includes a Summary for Policymakers (SPM), which was published in February 2007, and a Frequently Asked Questions section.

This section of the report, Climate Change 2007: The Physical Science Basis, assessed current scientific knowledge of "the natural and human drivers of climate change" as well as observed changes in climate. It looked at the ability of science to attribute changes to different causes, and made projections of future climate change.

It was produced by 676 authors (152 lead authors, 26 review editors, and 498 contributing authors) from 40 countries, then reviewed by over 625 expert reviewers. More than 6,000 peer-reviewed publications were cited."

Now exactly which Fox News reporters do you want us to believe ahead of these thousands of scientists?

Snakes & Arrows 01-03-2012 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by jimb100 (Post 1579634314)
Yes, all those "scientists" on Fox News certainly know better than researchers in every industrialized country on earth.

You do the research. These scientists already have.

"The full WGI report was published in March 2007, and last updated in September of that year. It includes a Summary for Policymakers (SPM), which was published in February 2007, and a Frequently Asked Questions section.

This section of the report, Climate Change 2007: The Physical Science Basis, assessed current scientific knowledge of "the natural and human drivers of climate change" as well as observed changes in climate. It looked at the ability of science to attribute changes to different causes, and made projections of future climate change.

It was produced by 676 authors (152 lead authors, 26 review editors, and 498 contributing authors) from 40 countries, then reviewed by over 625 expert reviewers. More than 6,000 peer-reviewed publications were cited."

Now exactly which Fox News reporters do you want us to believe ahead of these thousands of scientists?

Again for every scientist that supports your theory I will find another to debunk it. Look at the facts yourself. Stop being led by Al Gore and Bill Maher. One is a rich kid with daddy's money that lost in a Presidential race with no scientific credentials at all. Al will not even debate his theory. The other Bill Maher is a comedian. I'm sure you people could at least attempt to find better people to lead you in a now losing cause.

Is there global cooling? The answer might not be what you expected ... isthereglobalcooling.com/Cached - Similar
You +1'd this publicly. Undo
The warming theory looks less plausible as new data is discovered.
http://isthereglobalcooling.com/

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/al-...5/19/id/323712

An incredible 31,072 Americans with university degrees in science, including 9,021 Ph.D.s, have signed a petition that flatly denies Al Gore’s claims that human-caused global warming is a settled scientific fact.Gore calls scientists and others who question the reality of human-caused global warming “deniers” and claims they are a tiny minority among the scientific community who he insists almost universally agree that the planet is being threatened by the alleged warming of the earth.

Read more on Newsmax.com: 31,000 Scientists Debunk Al Gore and Global Warming

http://www.petitionproject.org/

31,487 American scientists have signed this petition,
including 9,029 with PhDs

Snakes & Arrows 01-03-2012 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Ozer (Post 1579634276)
:iagree: It is not even debated anywhere else besides U.S.! I guess those cunning scientist could not deceive the best of us :P

God Bless America.:thumbs::salute:

Just another reason the US is greatest country in the world. See in America we are not spoon fed and believe everything the government or the press wants us to believe. We are a open society in which people are allowed to debate. This is yet another reason you socialists are failing all around the globe.

Are you suggesting we follow Europe? :lol:

Snakes & Arrows 01-03-2012 01:33 PM

Once you look at the facts and not the rhetoric it is clear the earth has warmed in last 100 years a mere 0.74 °C. Along with short cooling periods in the 40's, 90's & 2000's.

Actually it was called weather patterns before people realized they could scare people and make tons of money off global warming or the new phrase global cooling.:eek:

tpapablo 01-03-2012 01:44 PM

Global warming is how I justified buying my Vette - I can haul butt to high ground when the seas start flooding Florida. So far as I am concerned, therefore, it is a good thing.

tuxnharley 01-03-2012 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by jimb100 (Post 1579634238)

So - you don't believe that the earth has warmed significantly in the last 10,000 years? I guess recorded history is wrong........:crazy:

redzone 01-03-2012 01:54 PM

Wow,this thread has derailed........:crazy:

Mike Campbell 01-03-2012 04:07 PM

I've found that these threads do sometimes wander all over the place. How in the world did this descend into a "global warming" argument and the general "toro do-doo" line that "all scientists, Europeans and the rest of the world believes it..so it must be true"!?! Just look at a couple of historical facts....one, ask any scientist to explain the "medieval warm period" that existed up to around 1000 AD when wine vineyards existed as far north as Scandinavia, yet did the Romans and Visigoths drive around in Ford Explorers? :eek: Also, remember in 1938 most Europeans thought Adolf Hitler was the "second coming" and in 2008 most Americans thought Barrack Obama was also the "second coming". :crazy2: Just remember, "everybody" can also be just a dumb mob like sheep. :smash:

jimb100 01-03-2012 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by tuxnharley (Post 1579634790)
So - you don't believe that the earth has warmed significantly in the last 10,000 years? I guess recorded history is wrong........:crazy:

Who, may I ask, was keeping records around the world of the temperatures in 8000 BC?

7000 BC?

6000 BC?

and so on.

I hate it when people parrot stupid things they heard from people with an agenda.

Think for just a minute before you hit enter, OK?

jimb100 01-03-2012 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Mike Campbell (Post 1579635975)
I've found that these threads do sometimes wander all over the place. How in the world did this descend into a "global warming" argument and the general "toro do-doo" line that "all scientists, Europeans and the rest of the world believes it..so it must be true"!?! Just look at a couple of historical facts....one, ask any scientist to explain the "medieval warm period" that existed up to around 1000 AD when wine vineyards existed as far north as Scandinavia, yet did the Romans and Visigoths drive around in Ford Explorers? :eek: Also, remember in 1938 most Europeans thought Adolf Hitler was the "second coming" and in 2008 most Americans thought Barrack Obama was also the "second coming". :crazy2: Just remember, "everybody" can also be just a dumb mob like sheep. :smash:

The usual denyer logic.

In medieval times did anyone keep track of the temps in South America? Australia? Asia? Even in Europe, were accurate measurements taken? Without accurate measurements from around the world how can one odd ball fact (if its even true) be extrapolated to theory of climate change?

And linking climate change to "some people thinking Adolf Hitler was the second coming", what does that have to do with any reproduceable scientific measurements?

I mean other than your trying to discredit the scientific method by equating it to what "some people" think.

Logic. It will be your friend, if you let it.

last901 01-03-2012 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by jimb100 (Post 1579636856)
Who, may I ask, was keeping records around the world of the temperatures in 8000 BC?

Probably those "Ancient Astronauts" who drew those runways on the Nazca plains. You know, the descendants of those wacky characters who built the pyramids and helped develop the Mayan calendar.

After all, how can you build a calendar without knowing whether it's BC or AD?

So what does all this have to do with the article on the 2011 GS?

Look, i'm retired and bored. Would some of you get off your computers at work and go help me keep getting my Soc Security checks so I can afford to buy a GS now that they are certainly bound to become the best buy in the world thanks to Al Gore and NASA or Fox News... or some of you knuckleheads.

Some of you guys are really scary...

jimb100 01-03-2012 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Snakes & Arrows (Post 1579634583)
Again for every scientist that supports your theory I will find another to debunk it. Look at the facts yourself. Stop being led by Al Gore and Bill Maher. One is a rich kid with daddy's money that lost in a Presidential race with no scientific credentials at all. Al will not even debate his theory. The other Bill Maher is a comedian. I'm sure you people could at least attempt to find better people to lead you in a now losing cause.

Is there global cooling? The answer might not be what you expected ... isthereglobalcooling.com/Cached - Similar
The warming theory looks less plausible as new data is discovered.
http://isthereglobalcooling.com/

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/al-...5/19/id/323712

An incredible 31,072 Americans with university degrees in science, including 9,021 Ph.D.s, have signed a petition that flatly denies Al Gore’s claims that human-caused global warming is a settled scientific fact.Gore calls scientists and others who question the reality of human-caused global warming “deniers” and claims they are a tiny minority among the scientific community who he insists almost universally agree that the planet is being threatened by the alleged warming of the earth.

Read more on Newsmax.com: 31,000 Scientists Debunk Al Gore and Global Warming

http://www.petitionproject.org/

31,487 American scientists have signed this petition,
including 9,029 with PhDs

Did ANY of these people have a degree in Climatology, or were they just Republicans who happen to be Dentists or Chiropractors who repeat whatever they hear on Fox News?

How many are actually involved in Climate study?

Here's the real story.

Republicans are against doing anything about climate change because it may cost wealthy people money. Its the same people who wanted to keep the old AC refridgerants because it would cost them money to switch.

The same people who wanted to keep aerosols destroying the ozone layer because it would cost them money to switch.

The same short sighted people who started two wars while lowering taxes on the rich, leaving a huge burden for future generations.

The real question is how they get average (non millionare) Americans to go along with them, against there own best interests and the interests of their children.

Oh, and by the way, Al Gore and Bill Mahar are not wrong about Climate Change. They are as right as the 9000 climateologists around the world studying the problem.

As opposed to the 9000 dentists and chiropracters you cite.

Snakes & Arrows 01-03-2012 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by jimb100 (Post 1579636945)
The usual denyer logic.

In medieval times did anyone keep track of the temps in South America? Australia? Asia? Even in Europe, were accurate measurements taken? Without accurate measurements from around the world how can one odd ball fact (if its even true) be extrapolated to theory of climate change?

And linking climate change to "some people thinking Adolf Hitler was the second coming", what does that have to do with any reproduceable scientific measurements?

I mean other than your trying to discredit the scientific method by equating it to what "some people" think.

Okay throw out the medievil times. Yet we have this. Global temperatures increased for twenty years from the late 1970s to the late 1990s but have actually been cooling the last eleven years. http://isthereglobalcooling.com/

For the socialist and the followers of Europe how about the BBC people? This headline may come as a bit of a surprise, so too might that fact that the warmest year recorded globally was not in 2008 or 2007, but in 1998.

But it is true. For the last 11 years we have not observed any increase in global temperatures.

And our climate models did not forecast it, even though man-made carbon dioxide, the gas thought to be responsible for warming our planet, has continued to rise.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8299079.stm

Snakes & Arrows 01-03-2012 06:22 PM

A bit more for those that feel we should follow Europes path. :lol:

http://strata-sphere.com/blog/index.php/archives/14243

Sep
UK Investigation Completely Debunks Global Warming Science
Published by AJStrata at 11:29 am under All General Discussions,CRU Climategate,Global Warming

Summary: This is a long post, but the bottom line is worth the time to read it. Under oath, in front of the House of Commons Committee on Science and Technology, Lord Oxburgh testified that it is impossible to reconstruct an accurate global temperature record over the past 1,000 years. Especially one that could claim modern climate is significantly different from that seen over the last 1000 years.

tuxnharley 01-03-2012 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by jimb100 (Post 1579636856)

7000 BC?

6000 BC?

and so on.

I hate it when people parrot stupid things they heard from people with an agenda.

Think for just a minute before you hit enter, OK?

Wow - so, you've never heard of geology documenting the last ice age?
Or, ice cores taken at the poles and at glaciers documenting weather flucuations over time? Really - is it colder or warmer now than it was in the last ice age? C'mon, genius, think hard before you hit enter......

I hate it when Turkeys think they're smart..............:crazy:

Snakes & Arrows 01-03-2012 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by tuxnharley (Post 1579637959)
Or, ice cores taken at the poles and at glaciers documenting weather flucuations over time? Really - is it colder or warmer now than it was in the last ice age? C'mon, genius, think hard before you hit enter......

:iagree: Outstanding point. A home run indeed.:thumbs:

OnPoint 01-03-2012 08:03 PM

I think short skirts are hot.

X25 01-03-2012 09:07 PM

Guys, I understand that you do want to believe your community leaders and Fox News (which is owned by an Australian) when they say all these democrats are in fact communist comrades disguised as Americans, etc., but you should also realize the only people who benefit from rejecting environmental policies or even rejecting policies like higher rates for highest income tax brackets are big corporations and various self interest groups; that's it. And no, these policies don't create jobs as much as you think (In fact, green jobs sector is growing faster than any other in the recent years). Otherwise, why would you want to reject environmental policies aimed directly at protecting health of you and your family in the long term?

If 99% of the rest of the world has a consensus on something, you should at least dare ask yourself why, and question the sincerity of those who try to convince otherwise. While we're at it, if the high income tax bracket rates increase, I'd be substantially impacted, too, but I wouldn't mind that at all, since it would benefit our country. After all, patriotism does not always mean who can wave a flag faster or print an engram of an eagle to the hood or to a simley.

Kevin_NYC 01-03-2012 09:28 PM

Reding motor tend is likely asking the pope about pIcking u

JockamoIPA 01-03-2012 09:30 PM

Opinions = A Holes

I know exactly what Udy means. I just got back from vacation and the rental car company screwed me and gave me a KIA Optima.

After 10 days I couldn't have been happier. I wanted nothing to do with my Vette when I got back. I mean, mine's not a 2011 GS, just a POS 2005 Z51, but it's by far the worst car I've ever driven. Seriously...

And the comment made earlier about the Vette not being in the same league as the GT-R...there's just no comparison IMHO. It's about personal preference, style, and bang for the buck. As another poster said - GT-R blends in with the crowd. You could never mistake a Vette for anything other than a Vette.

Originally Posted by redvette77 (Post 1579604326)
"The 2011 Corvette Grand Sport is the worst car I have driven." Sounds strange, right? Never in a million years would I think that someone would make such a statement about any Corvette. That is until Jason Udy, the Associate Online Editor from Motor Trend, made that bold statement only hours ago. In Motor Trend's "Best and Worst Cars Driven of 2011" article, each staff member posted their favorite and worst cars driven. Mr. Udy seems to have a vastly different answer than the rest of the staff.

Here is a link to the madness. His contribution is the last on the list.

http://wot.motortrend.com/mt-staff-p...comment-389463

I can certainly see why some would see shortcomings in the Corvette, and be disappointed with some aspects. But worst car driven in 2011? Surely there were a few worse than it. I would like to see the entire list of cars Mr. Udy has driven see see how he came to this conclusion.

rayk 01-03-2012 09:41 PM

In September, we bought a Kia Sorento that gets 32 mpg highway. Gets 26-27 around town and while not a Lexus, it's pretty nice.
Kia invested over 1.4 billion in the US and now builds both the Sorento and Optima in Georgia.

The Sorento has almost 10k on it in 4 months and will average 30k a year for the business. Going to make a big difference in the bottom line.

JockamoIPA 01-03-2012 10:00 PM

I wasn't knocking KIA - just mocking the Motor Trend editor. I'm sure your KIA is a fine car, but most people don't buy a Vette for the fuel economy.

Snakes & Arrows 01-03-2012 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by Ozer (Post 1579638663)
Guys, I understand that you do want to believe your community leaders and Fox News (which is owned by an Australian) when they say all these democrats are in fact communist comrades disguised as Americans, etc., but you should also realize the only people who benefit from rejecting environmental policies or even rejecting policies like higher rates for highest income tax brackets are big corporations and various self interest groups; that's it. And no, these policies don't create jobs as much as you think (In fact, green jobs sector is growing faster than any other in the recent years). Otherwise, why would you want to reject environmental policies aimed directly at protecting health of you and your family in the long term?

If 99% of the rest of the world has a consensus on something, you should at least dare ask yourself why, and question the sincerity of those who try to convince otherwise. While we're at it, if the high income tax bracket rates increase, I'd be substantially impacted, too, but I wouldn't mind that at all, since it would benefit our country. After all, patriotism does not always mean who can wave a flag faster or print an engram of an eagle to the hood or to a simley.

You are all hung up on Fox News. In just about every post you mention Fox. Yet you ignore the mentioning all of the left leaning networks. You are a typical left winger and attack anyone with a opinion other then yours.

We know all about the green jobs. Solyndra is well known and yes did provide jobs for a short period of time.

You form your opinion and marching orders from a comedian and a failed politician. I will give you one victory though. Al Gore had many failures even with daddy's money. He was considered a joke even by many democrats as a VP. Yet, Al has made a lot of money off a movie with many facts deleted and lies within. Al has also made millions off of fools that follow him. There is one funny yet sad thing though. You do know the man laughs at you people when he heats and cools his very large home and travels around the world in private jets making a larger foot print in 1 year then you and all of your friends combined in a lifetime. That is what is really sad.:(

Snakes & Arrows 01-03-2012 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by JockamoIPA (Post 1579639126)
I wasn't knocking KIA - just mocking the Motor Trend editor. I'm sure your KIA is a fine car, but most people don't buy a Vette for the fuel economy.

:iagree: Actually Kia is making some good cars.:thumbs: And I did not buy a Vette for fuel economy.:eek: Yet I'm very happy it gets such good gas milage. People always comment on how it must get bad gas milage. Funny thing, I have a feeling they don't believe me when I tell them I get up to 26 MPG on the highway. :D

Jbal 01-03-2012 11:00 PM

Just Love my 2010 GS Coupe!! Driving this Corvette meets every expectation!

SharkByte 01-04-2012 02:13 AM

My C6 is 5 years old, does a quarter mile in 12.5 seconds and averages 24 miles per gallon out of a tank of gas (80% highway driving with the cruise set at 70) and I pay about $1500 a year for full coverage with $0.00 deductibles. My girlfriends Subaru is 5 years old, averages about 17 miles per gallon out of a full tank (80% highway driving with the cruise set at 70), doesn't have the power to get out of its own way and she's paying $3336 a year for full coverage with $500 deductibles. The only advantage the Subaru has over my Vette is that its safer to put the child safety seat in the back seat of her Subaru then the passenger seat of my Vette and replacing tires is cheaper on her car. Of course her ex-husband bought her the Subaru and she's now about $8000 upside down on it and I could sell my Vette for more about $10k then I paid for it. (Granted, I got an insane deal on it)

If Mr. Udy doesn't like the 2011 GS that's fine by me. I happen to love my car:lol:

Mike Campbell 01-04-2012 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by jimb100
The usual denyer logic.

Obviously you don't know the meaning of the word "logic" since your conclusions show none at all. Since you cannot recognize the meaning of being "duped" you are marching along like a lemming over a cliff. :crazy2: It's amazing to me that you ever made a decision on your own, or, did someone else convince you to buy a Corvette! :lol:

need-for-speed 01-04-2012 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Mike Campbell (Post 1579641666)
Originally Posted by jimb100
The usual denyer logic.

Obviously you don't know the meaning of the word "logic" since your conclusions show none at all. Since you cannot recognize the meaning of being "duped" you are marching along like a lemming over a cliff. :crazy2: It's amazing to me that you ever made a decision on your own, or, did someone else convince you to buy a Corvette! :lol:

Originally Posted by Snakes & Arrows (Post 1579639498)
You are all hung up on Fox News. In just about every post you mention Fox. Yet you ignore the mentioning all of the left leaning networks. You are a typical left winger and attack anyone with a opinion other then yours.

We know all about the green jobs. Solyndra is well known and yes did provide jobs for a short period of time.

You form your opinion and marching orders from a comedian and a failed politician. I will give you one victory though. Al Gore had many failures even with daddy's money. He was considered a joke even by many democrats as a VP. Yet, Al has made a lot of money off a movie with many facts deleted and lies within. Al has also made millions off of fools that follow him. There is one funny yet sad thing though. You do know the man laughs at you people when he heats and cools his very large home and travels around the world in private jets making a larger foot print in 1 year then you and all of your friends combined in a lifetime. That is what is really sad.:(

:iagree: :iagree:

Could not agree more with my buddies here. You know what amuses me the most? The majority of those here who don't beleive this crap are having fun with the thread. The Libs who are trying to defend Man Made Global Warming are so PISSED OFF in their responses !!

:rofl:

I've never seen so much class envy. I've seen Fox News mentioned so much in this thread that they should be paying advertising fees to the Corvette Forum.

You wanna know an easy way to piss off a Euro lib?

Just refuse to bow at the altar of man made global warming. That'll do it real fast. MMGW is the greatest hoax since all those people thought the King had nice clothes on.......

ATC399 01-04-2012 08:18 PM

who let the OT crowd in this thread...take that crap to the OT/politics section...C6/Vette spoken here...

Snakes & Arrows 01-04-2012 08:30 PM

Someone is auditioning to be a mod. Give the man an extra star or something to make him happy.:eek:

Corvettinator 01-04-2012 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by DonOH (Post 1579604684)
A new GT-R starts at $90K so yes that is a different league.

Yeah, and for the extra $, I could put a Hennessy twin turbo in my GS and have 1000HP.

And Caddies are for grandpas. My grandpa would have loved the CTS-V. He drove an old Buick Riviera with a 430 in it.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ck_Riviera.jpg
Not the actual car, but same model/color

SolidlyStated 01-05-2012 12:09 AM

Wanna know how to drive crazy amounts of traffic to your website?

1. Publish outrageous claim, such as a 2011 GS being the worst car of the year.

2. Wait.

jimb100 01-05-2012 12:51 AM

Show us how smart you are by explaining how ice cores "prove" the earth is not warming as a result of increased green house gasses.

Explain how measurements taken around the world, as evidenced by the reports I've cited, are false and every industrialized country on the planet has been duped.

And why all this hate for Europe? Have you ever travelled there or are you just going by "what you've heard" from people trying to play on your patriotism to manipulate you?

Snakes & Arrows 01-05-2012 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by jimb100 (Post 1579649482)
Show us how smart you are by explaining how ice cores "prove" the earth is not warming as a result of increased green house gasses.

Explain how measurements taken around the world, as evidenced by the reports I've cited, are false and every industrialized country on the planet has been duped.

And why all this hate for Europe? Have you ever travelled there or are you just going by "what you've heard" from people trying to play on your patriotism to manipulate you?

You best go back and read what you posted before you make yourself look like a complete fool. You asked who was keeping records in 6000 bc and so on. Remember now?

As for Europe. People traveled the oceans at great risk to come to America for a better life and freedom. America quickly became the greatest country in the world. Now some of you want us to return to the current values Europe holds. I like America with its flaws. I have been to Europe and although it is beautiful with a lot of history I do not want to live there. Like they say its a nice place to visit. Europe is failing and close to destruction not only financially but culturally.

NARIMAN 01-05-2012 01:00 AM

i drove gtr on the track, felt just like a quick sedan, i would never trade my c6 for GTR, even i hear it is a great car, but common how many of us use the car to it full potential on the street
i would get a gtr as a second car winter beater for sure, i love my vette

X25 01-05-2012 03:08 AM

Unfortunately, these people can't be helped. Judging from the current demographics of Corvette owners (overwhelmingly consisting of old white guys), it's hard to even discuss, anyway. I sincerely believe that it will change in time, though. Your children will be more open minded, and their children even more, and so forth. Just like the case with Reagan's son, Cheney's daughter, Bush's daughters, etc... I guess the republicans earning well, sending their children to college end up accidentally converting them to the 'dark side' hehe :P

On a side note, we did not start anything. It was "Snakes & Arrows" mentioning Al Gore out of nowhere commenting about GT-Rs. I agree that this is not the place, which is why I stopped replying to the incredible statements I see here :)

Snakes & Arrows 01-05-2012 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Ozer (Post 1579649845)
Unfortunately, these people can't be helped. Judging from the current demographics of Corvette owners (overwhelmingly consisting of old white guys), it's hard to even discuss, anyway. I sincerely believe that it will change in time, though. Your children will be more open minded, and their children even more, and so forth. Just like the case with Reagan's son, Cheney's daughter, Bush's daughters, etc... I guess the republicans earning well, sending their children to college end up accidentally converting them to the 'dark side' hehe :P

On a side note, we did not start anything. It was "Snakes & Arrows" mentioning Al Gore out of nowhere commenting about GT-Rs. I agree that this is not the place, which is why I stopped replying to the incredible statements I see here :)

Incredible how liberals stereotype people yet claim only republicans do. Also sad how they take 3-4 children of republicans and use them as examples to make a point. Just another example of how liberals use and attempt to manipulate children for politics. One thing for the liberals to ponder is this great and true saying "If you're not a liberal when you're young, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative when you're older, you have no brain."

You are correct about one thing though. The schools for years have been littered with liberals not only in college but the entire system. This is yet another reason why schools are failing. We often have teachers attempting to convert kids to a political point of view rather the just teach. This is why they try and scare the little kids with the polar bears dying because of global warming, climate change or what ever scare terms they use.

Someday the liberals will learn this is a scare tactic to make people a lot of money. They took it right out of the same book when the liberals were warning us of a coming ice age in the 70's or the killer bee's during the same period. Only this time people are going to make a lot of money and that is as clear as pure ice. Only liberals are clouded by ideology and refuse to see they are being used by some very clever people to make a lot of money.

tuxnharley 01-05-2012 12:03 PM

Wow - I think that Florida heat has fried your brain. Where did I ever say anything about Europe, let alone that I hate it? Logic - not on your part! You are engaging in the very sterotyping you criticise. I think you must be one of those "old white guys" yourself!:lol:

FYI, I have been to Europe several times, and have many friends and aquantinces living there. Doesn't mean I have to agree with everything they do or advocate, 'tho. Ever seen their tax rates? Do you agree that YOU want to pay them?:D

BTW - if you are so concerned about global warming as a result of CO2 production, why are you driving a Corvette? Shouldn't you be in a Prius or Volt or Leaf with your self rightousness? Seems to me that you embody the typical liberal hypocrisy, along with Al Gore, Nancy Pelosi, and many others. What are YOU doing personally to reduce CO2 production, aside from lecturing to me?:toetap:

Snakes & Arrows 01-05-2012 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by tuxnharley (Post 1579652213)
Wow - I think that Florida heat has fried your brain. Where did I ever say anything about Europe, let alone that I hate it? Logic - not on your part! You are engaging in the very sterotyping you criticise. I think you must be one of those "old white guys" yourself!:lol:

FYI, I have been to Europe several times, and have many friends and aquantinces living there. Doesn't mean I have to agree with everything they do or advocate, 'tho. Ever seen their tax rates? Do you agree that YOU want to pay them?:D

BTW - if you are so concerned about global warming as a result of CO2 production, why are you driving a Corvette? Shouldn't you be in a Prius or Volt or Leaf with your self rightousness? Seems to me that you embody the typical liberal hypocrisy, along with Al Gore, Nancy Pelosi, and many others. What are YOU doing personally to reduce CO2 production, aside from lecturing to me?:toetap:

:iagree: Outstanding point.

Liberals have always lived the do as I say, not as I do model. Look the leader of the movement Al Gore. Al has a home that he heats and cools larger then most Americans. He also flies around the world in private jets making a larger carbon footprint in a year, then 1000's of his loyal followers will in a lifetime. You could say the same about Pelosi with her large jet while she was speaker. After all why should these leaders have to fly with the common folk? If the liberals mind was not so clouded with dislike for religion, patriotism and partisan politics they would see clearly that Al Gore & Pelosi do not even believe in climate change themselves. If they really did believe in climate change they would show it in their actions. Yet they get power and money from the fools that follow what they say not what they do.

tuxnharley 01-05-2012 02:31 PM

Unfortuneately, the hypocrisy of "these people" can't be cured. They will preach to the rest of us while continuing to drive their own Corvettes. If they seriously believed what they are saying they would be in a Prius (pious?), Volt, Leaf - or, if they were rich liberal hypocrits, a Tesla or Fisker Karma.:crazy2:

PS - my two kids both went through the uber liberal UC system, and they now own/drive 4wd rigs - a Range Rover Discovery and a Nissan Xterra respectively. So much for your theory. BTW - they're both women!

X25 01-05-2012 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by tuxnharley (Post 1579653512)
Unfortuneately, the hypocrisy of "these people" can't be cured. They will preach to the rest of us while continuing to drive their own Corvettes. If they seriously believed what they are saying they would be in a Prius (pious?), Volt, Leaf - or, if they were rich liberal hypocrits, a Tesla or Fisker Karma.:crazy2:

PS - my two kids both went through the uber liberal UC system, and they now own/drive 4wd rigs - a Range Rover Discovery and a Nissan Xterra respectively. So much for your theory. BTW - they're both women!

You are doing a similar job by thinking I wanna drive a Prius; I've never been interested in a Prius or anything dull like it, and I have never mentioned anything like that anywhere in this thread, either. Perhaps a full electric car one day, but probably not a hybrid.

I did not ever say I am trying to save the world. In fact, all my cars/SUVs have a V8 besides my motorcycles. However, believing that "there's no global climate change" is borderline crazy in my opinion. Oh, and thinking Nissan XTerra / Range Rover owners are all republican is not even borderline; I think it's outright crazy :)

Corvettinator 01-05-2012 05:01 PM

Yeah, hopefully Presidents Sasha and Malia will be more Corvette-friendly than their father and we can have supercharged 427's in the C7 & C8's that meet their lowered CAFE standards. :lol:

Dopey libs. "Open-minded" means "agree with liberals." You are the most closed-minded, intolerant-of-dissent people in America. Libs would ban Fox News in a second if given the power to do so. OTOH, conservatives would never want Rachel Maddow or Chris Matthews off the air. They are the best advertisement for the GOP we could hope for, those raving lunatics.

Snakes & Arrows 01-05-2012 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Ozer (Post 1579653762)
You are doing a similar job by thinking I wanna drive a Prius; I've never been interested in a Prius or anything dull like it, and I have never mentioned anything like that anywhere in this thread, either. Perhaps a full electric car one day, but probably not a hybrid.

I did not ever say I am trying to save the world. In fact, all my cars/SUVs have a V8 besides my motorcycles. However, believing that "there's no global climate change" is borderline crazy in my opinion. Oh, and thinking Nissan XTerra / Range Rover owners are all republican is not even borderline; I think it's outright crazy :)

To believe in a scam and follow the likes of Al Gore and Bill Maher is borderline crazy in my opinion. Some of the same people that are warning of global warming are the exact same ilk that warned us of a coming ice age in the 70's along with the killer bee's. Now you people want to scare the children and timid people into believing in a scam to line your pockets.

Follow the money and take a open look at who is in position to and is making money off of the global warming scam.

Time, Like Newsweek, Predicted a coming Ice age in the 70's. - Digg digg.com/.../Time_Like_Newsweek_Predicted_a_coming_Ic e_age_i...Cached
Feb 25, 2007 – Earlier we explored Newsweek Magazine's "global cooling" alarmist article in 1975. Now lets us explore Time Magazine's alarmist "global ...

Search ResultsGlobal cooling - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_coolingCached - Similar
This mechanism is believed to be responsible for the timing of the ice age cycles, and ... predicted... the results indicate that the long-term trend over the next 20000 years is towards extensive ..... Was an imminent Ice Age predicted in the ' 70s? ...

Introduction: general ... - Physical mechanisms - Concern in the 1960s and 1970sIce age predicted in the 70s - Skeptical Science http://www.skepticalscience.com/ice-...970s.htmCached - Similar
Aug 19, 2010 – Was an imminent Ice Age predicted in the '70's? by William Connelly ..... That report did not make any predictions and the coming ice age ...

Snakes & Arrows 01-05-2012 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Corvettinator (Post 1579654844)
Yeah, hopefully Presidents Sasha and Malia will be more Corvette-friendly than their father and we can have supercharged 427's in the C7 & C8's that meet their lowered CAFE standards. :lol:

Dopey libs. "Open-minded" means "agree with liberals." You are the most closed-minded, intolerant-of-dissent people in America. Libs would ban Fox News in a second if given the power to do so. OTOH, conservatives would never want Rachel Maddow or Chris Matthews off the air. They are the best advertisement for the GOP we could hope for, those raving lunatics.

:iagree: Outstanding point. Liberals are by far the most close minded people. If they disagree with someone they are demonized, ridiculed and sometimes worse.

You are correct. I'm grateful for people like Matthews, Madow & Schultz. The only problem is nobody watches or listens to them. If more people did, I'm sure that they would damage the democratic party more then they already have. I also very much agree with freedom of speach. Something liberals despise.

hig4s 01-05-2012 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by need-for-speed (Post 1579610859)
I know what you are pointing to, but believe it or not, here on the CForum, we actually mis-spell some words on purpose. Think of it as an abreviated Spoonerism.

some favorites here are:

moran
maroon
teh
pron

Spelling moron, m o r a n as a joke, is common on tons of internet forums as that pic of the clown with the sign has been circulating the internet for years.

wolfdogs 01-05-2012 06:15 PM

his reasons for choosing it make me laugh.......come on... thats nothing but personal opinion... whats soul to some is chit to others.... vice versa.... we know.

tuxnharley 01-05-2012 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by tuxnharley (Post 1579653512)
Unfortuneately, the hypocrisy of "these people" can't be cured. They will preach to the rest of us while continuing to drive their own Corvettes. If they seriously believed what they are saying they would be in a Prius (pious?), Volt, Leaf - or, if they were rich liberal hypocrits, a Tesla or Fisker Karma.:crazy2:PS - my two kids both went through the uber liberal UC system, and they now own/drive 4wd rigs - a Range Rover Discovery and a Nissan Xterra respectively. So much for your theory. BTW - they're both women!

You are doing a similar job by thinking I wanna drive a Prius; I've never been interested in a Prius or anything dull like it, and I have never mentioned anything like that anywhere in this thread, either. Perhaps a full electric car one day, but probably not a hybrid. I did not ever say I am trying to save the world. In fact, all my cars/SUVs have a V8 besides my motorcycles. However, believing that "there's no global climate change" is borderline crazy in my opinion. Oh, and thinking Nissan XTerra / Range Rover owners are all republican is not even borderline; I think it's outright crazy :)

1. I didn't limit the choices to a Prius, you did. See above.
2. So - you think a Tesla or a Fisker Karma is "dull"? I actually think the Karma is better looking than my C6 - I just can't afford one!
3. Where did I say that ALL (or any) Xterra/RR Disco owners are Republicans? What makes you think I'm one - just because I disagree with the theory of HOW global warming is caused?
4. Where have I ever said there is no global warming? Read my posts literally, and without your bias, if you can. I said it's been going on for about 10,000 years!:yesnod:

Talk to me when you put your (automotive) money where your mouth is and get rid of your Corvette for a hybrid or electric car; then I'll believe you seriously believe what you are preaching. Until then you are just talking the "politically correct" talk!

need-for-speed 01-05-2012 07:39 PM

WTF?

Now that you mention it, I believe in Man Made Global Warming too.

And all of my cars have V8's.

In addition:

I hate old white men. But I am one.

I hate rich people. But I'm doing everything possible within reason to become one.

More importantly, all of my friends think that I am smart and open minded because I believe in Man Made Global Warming.

BluegrassMotorsport 01-05-2012 07:59 PM

Thread about a MT employee comment about the GS = global warming?

lol @ this.

Snakes & Arrows 01-05-2012 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by need-for-speed (Post 1579656108)
WTF?

In addition:

I hate rich people. But I'm doing everything possible within reason to become one.

More importantly, all of my friends think that I am smart and open minded because I believe in Man Made Global Warming.

:iagree::lol: Spot on.:thumbs:

You can bet some of the people that say they believe in global warming do so only to fit into a certain crowd or present themselves as PC. Many of them probably realize it is a money making scam and may themselves be invested in it.

The class warfare is very evident in his posts. I find it amazing and sad how angry, full of hate and envious the left is.

Snakes & Arrows 01-05-2012 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by redvette77 (Post 1579656276)
Thread about a MT employee comment about the GS = global warming?

lol @ this.

:lol:
Mr Udy was formerly a ice age believer then became a global warming guy, and is currently a climate change believer.

X25 01-05-2012 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by need-for-speed (Post 1579656108)
WTF?

In addition:

I don't get it. Do you mean to say I do things that I say I don't and therefore contradict? I did not say or imply any of those above. And btw, I'm 31 years old; white but not yet old :) And come again, why am I hating rich people now? Your conclusions are baseless, and incorrect.

You guys are assuming many things I never even said or stated. I guess this is how you debate; not very honest in my opinion, but not surprising, either.

Bottom-line:
(1) I never said I don't approve of V8s, etc. The main argument is "Denying the global climate change is borderline crazy".

(2) Attacking "Al Gore" or making political statements when comparing GT-R against Corvette clearly shows who's the one really "pissed" and that wants to voice his/her "unsolicited" opinion. After all, this is the only reason why I responded in the beginning. You can go ahead and voice your opinion at your local caucuses if you're so inclined; I am just fed up with people inserting political propaganda on completely unrelated threads.

need-for-speed 01-05-2012 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Snakes & Arrows (Post 1579656411)
:lol:
Mr Udy was formerly a ice age believer then became a global warming guy, and is currently a climate change believer.

:rofl:

If you warn of "Global Warming", and then have record cold weather, just change the name to "Climate Change" and tell everyone who doesn't believe it that the debate is over and that they are flat earther stupid.

That solves it !

BTW Gotta love the pics from the Earth Day rallies a few decades back where they had signs warning of the second "Ice Age"

:rofl: :willy:

All you have to do is exhibit a bit of self loathing, send some money and it will be all good !

need-for-speed 01-05-2012 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Ozer (Post 1579656593)
I don't get it. Do you mean to say I do things that I say I don't and therefore contradict? I did not say or imply any of those above. And btw, I'm 31 years old; white but not yet old :) And come again, why am I hating rich people now? Your conclusions are baseless, and incorrect.

You guys are assuming many things I never even said or stated. I guess this is how you debate; not very honest in my opinion, but not surprising, either.

Bottom-line:
(1) I never said I don't approve of V8s, etc. The main argument is "Denying the global climate change is borderline crazy".
(2)
Attacking "Al Gore" or making political statements when comparing GT-R against Corvette clearly shows who's the one really "pissed" and that wants to voice his/her "unsolicited" opinion. After all, this is the only reason why I responded in the beginning. You can go ahead and voice your opinion at your local caucuses if you're so inclined; I am just fed up with people inserting political propaganda on completely unrelated threads.

You are right. You have now convinced me that MMGW is real.

I want to do more of the things that you do to solve the "problem".

What can I do to help?

(p.s.) I knew you were white. Look at the timing of my post and the reference to self loathing.

If you are lucky, you might even get old.

need-for-speed 01-05-2012 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by Ozer (Post 1579656593)
I am just fed up with people inserting political propaganda on completely unrelated threads.

I understand what you are saying here. Normally the PRC comment would belong in the PRC section.

But S & A brought it up because it goes to the slanted ideology of the author, which is the very reason that the author hates V8 American muscle and is therefore very relevant to the discussion.

Not to mention that MMGW is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the world and it's the biggest money grab to date.