CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   2014 Corvette (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/2949649-2014-corvette.html)

pcguy2u 11-14-2011 08:42 PM

The real problem, aside from everything above, is that there is no roll over protection. Doubt that it would pass any test in that regard.

Marc V. 11-14-2011 08:50 PM

:trainwreck:

:beatdeadhorse:

Ed32 11-14-2011 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Swiftrider08 (Post 1579217642)
:lol:Another good laugh from a jr member!:lol:

I read the article and it seems like this is actually the 2014 ZR1. This is a well known car website and they swear this is it; they don't want to publish the pictures so GM doesn't take legal actions against the possible sources.

http://jalopnik.com/5858683/exclusiv...chevy-corvette

The car is narrower, the actual pictures of the test mule here.

http://www.corvette-web-central.com/CorvetteC7.html

Edmunds also confirmed a 7 speed dual clutch.

http://www.insideline.com/chevrolet/...ncereport.html

The rear looks a little rice, not too thrilled about the small tail lights but this r just drawings we'll see...

C7Joy 11-14-2011 09:00 PM

Not particularly exciting to me....

Ettev01 11-14-2011 09:03 PM

As I've been doodling Corvettes for the past few weeks, I can't but see something that makes sense. Except for the area behind the side windows, i have to think it's pretty much on. It was designed by the Camaro guys so I suspect this is it guys!

And you know, I actually like it. Rear window might be tweeked a bit and the rear lights go back to round, but thinking it's the one.

Xedes 11-14-2011 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Willfulone (Post 1579218072)
I can assure you, that is not it...

Peace
Chip

Originally Posted by Willfulone (Post 1579218159)
Again...nope

Peace
Chip

You sound so sure of yourself. Do you know something the rest of us don't? If so, spill it!! :toetap:

COVERT GUY 11-14-2011 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Guinnessboy (Post 1579218101)
wouldn't surprise me if this is much closer to reality than anything we have seen so far.

I agree and I think it looks like an evolution of the C6 design. I remember when the C6 was being drawn up and some had similar comments and guys would rant about there little opinions and how it was no longer a Corvette and they would never buy one (usually C3 guys, IIRC) - LOL. People always have to bitch and moan about something I guess. A lot of the statements here seem to be pretty harsh, guess we'll have to wait and see. :thumbs:

Hirohawa 11-14-2011 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Xedes (Post 1579219684)
You sound so sure of yourself. Do you know something the rest of us don't? If so, spill it!! :toetap:

:iagree:

barduch 11-14-2011 09:15 PM

Not all bad in my opinion. Some nice subtle features like the sidemarker lights and the hood. Maybe it's time for a fast back again in the cycle. This concept looks more chiseled than our C6's which in my opinion are the perfect combination of smooth and chiseled creating a truly elegant but all business look. It could certainly grow on me though. Headlights are great but the tail lights are out of character. Just my 3 cents.

Jeff @ TPE 11-14-2011 09:24 PM

Their currently testing the C7 in a C6 body.
As much as people would love to think they know for sure what it looks like, the simple fact of the matter is, is no one knows for sure except the people inside GM, or the ones contracted by GM..
Its to far out for GM to start leaking drawings to the public to gauge their reaction.

Marc V. 11-14-2011 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Ed32 (Post 1579219563)
I read the article and it seems like this is actually the 2014 ZR1. This is a well known car website and they swear this is it; they don't want to publish the pictures so GM doesn't take legal actions against the possible sources.

:lolg: :lolg: :lolg:

Marc V. 11-14-2011 09:33 PM

The only official fact is that the C7 is a completely new car, not just a revamped C6 as that drawing obviously is. :smash:

Z06LUST 11-14-2011 09:34 PM

"That" web site also claims to have spent time with it and the "normal" C7. Well isn't that special. So they post the drawing of the ZR1 which about 95% of Corvette buyers WILL NOT buy (ie cannot afford or do not want to afford) instead of posting what the standard Vette looks like that would be of interest to the vast majority of potential Corvette buyers. Pure crap....

Their 'story' is also crap----GM knows where these cars are every second of the day (presuming the body is actually that far along)....pics or drawings makes no difference...if GM feels someone 'slipped' they know who to go to in an instant. A car pic can easily be altered in photoshop to remove any background information that would have given away the car's location at the time the pic was taken.

Considering they claim to just recently have spent time (hours) with the car.....GM isn't gonna know who had possession recently.......yeah, right.

xcutter 11-14-2011 09:36 PM

Any pics of the future C8? The C7 in that form won't work for me. Even the GT-R is better looking than that. :ack:

gilbybarr 11-14-2011 09:42 PM

Hate the Camaro taillights treatment. Doesnt do much for me......not much of a change from the C6....guess I'll keep mine!

TRT SR 11-14-2011 09:50 PM

Think 599 Ferrari, twin turbo 3.5L V8, 7 speed-will be cool Bob Lutz will make sure of that. Have faith GM brothers and sisters, you will want it when it hits the road in 16 months!:thumbs:

CCA Corvette Parts 11-14-2011 09:56 PM

Anyone that did know would be a fool to divulge any ispecific information.

What I can tell you is that anyone with privileged information and
choose to divulge it would be met with a firestorm of legal problems.

Peace
Chip

strawboss 11-14-2011 10:00 PM

i was more excited about the stingray concept...lookin at this car doesnt do alot for me

CCA Corvette Parts 11-14-2011 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff @ TPE (Post 1579219846)
is no one knows for sure except the people inside GM, or the ones contracted by GM..

Bingo

Peace
Chip

Ed32 11-14-2011 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Marc V. (Post 1579219918)
:lolg: :lolg: :lolg:

It looks like GM cares about what this website publishes, otherwise they wouldn't mind to mention it in Facebook. This is probably the first time they said anything about speculations and rumors.

"Today Jalopnik posted renderings of what they think the next-gen Corvette will look like. We appreciate their enthusiasm but you'll have to wait a little longer to see what the next Corvette will actually look like."

Then Jalopnik posted in the Corvette facebook their article "GM issues weak-ass denial on our 2014 Corvette exclusive" :lol:

The drawing may not be completely accurate (on purpose), but I think it may be pretty close. I don't like it but I don't hate it yet...we'll see. That's just my two cents...