CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   Top 10 volume Corvette dealers? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/2929098-top-10-volume-corvette-dealers.html)

rexracerx9 10-10-2011 12:29 PM

Top 10 volume Corvette dealers?

Dealers used to get allocation for Corvettes based on how many Corvettes they sold the previous year. Then Z06 allocation was based on how many regular Corvettes were sold. I seem to remember GM changing that allocation rule to total number of any cars sold not just Corvettes? That was just before GM went bust. Is that still the case?

Anyone know who the top 10 volume Corvette dealers in the Country are? How many Corvettes do they sell a year?

Safe to say these are high volume dealers right?

Kerbeck
Maxie
Les Stanford

Steve Moore
Cauley
Bill Jacobs

Spitzer
Dan Young
Ramp

Ross Downing

Callaway Chris 10-10-2011 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by rexracerx9 (Post 1578921102)
Dealers used to get allocation for Corvettes based on how many Corvettes they sold the previous year. Then Z06 allocation was based on how many regular Corvettes were sold. I seem to remember GM changing that allocation rule to total number of any cars sold not just Corvettes? That was just before GM went bust. Is that still the case?

Anyone know who the top 10 volume Corvette dealers in the Country are? How many Corvettes do they sell a year?

Kerbeck
Maxie
Les Stanford

Steve Moore
Cauley
Bill Jacobs

Spitzer
Dan Young
Ramp

Ross Downing

Many on your list are no longer in business as Chevrolet Franchises - part of the GM Wind down... :nono:

Bill Stasek is the #1 Corvette dealer in Illinois and a top 10 dealer, Nationwide. They are also a Forum Sponsor. :thumbs: It should also be noted, they are a TOP Callaway Dealer w/ an excellent reputation is sales AND Service after the sale...

Here is their website - ask for Bob Foley, Bob Clegg, or Scott Wiscomb :cheers:

http://www.stasekchevrolet.com/

Ganley Aurora 10-10-2011 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by rexracerx9 (Post 1578921102)

Kerbeck
Maxie
Les Stanford

Steve Moore
Cauley
Bill Jacobs

Spitzer
Dan Young
Ramp

Ross Downing

list is way off, a long time ago maybe. If my memory serves me right , YOU got one from me back in 2008 when I was in WI and then we were #3....new ball game now

rgauchey 10-10-2011 02:22 PM

Cauley is no longer a Chevy dealer. They are now Cauley Performance. They still have the Ferrari dealership next door and in the former Chevy store they sell all brands of performance cars. They have an '11 Trans Am( built from Camaro ) in their showroom also.

BostonJoel 10-10-2011 02:54 PM

A few years ago, Kerbeck said they were #1 and sold 900 cars a year.

I think McMulkin in NH is chasing Kerbeck and may even be in the #2 slot with sights set on being #1.

Boozman 10-10-2011 03:08 PM

MacMulkin has got to be on the list

rexracerx9 10-10-2011 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Callaway Chris (Post 1578922080)
Many on your list are no longer in business as Chevrolet Franchises - part of the GM Wind down... :nono:

Bill Stasek is the #1 Corvette dealer in Illinois and a top 10 dealer, Nationwide. They are also a Forum Sponsor. :thumbs: It should also be noted, they are a TOP Callaway Dealer w/ an excellent reputation is sales AND Service after the sale...

Here is their website - ask for Bob Foley, Bob Clegg, or Scott Wiscomb :cheers:

http://www.stasekchevrolet.com/

Which ones are not around anymore? Thanks for the link.

rexracerx9 10-10-2011 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by CorvetteConti@Ganley (Post 1578922100)
list is way off, a long time ago maybe. If my memory serves me right , YOU got one from me back in 2008 when I was in WI and then we were #3....new ball game now

Hi Rick,

It has been a while since our last Vette.

Good memory. We bought 2 from EVS. We bought a '07 just before you got to EVS and a '08 when you got there.

So who are the other top dealers today?

How long have you been at Ganley? Doing well I hope!

C6ToGo 10-10-2011 03:54 PM

Has anyone ordered one lately? I would think, with low sales, the allocation system would be temporarily suspended. GM should build one for anybody with a deposit check.

REPZ06 10-10-2011 04:10 PM

Ramp Chevrolet is long gone also

Kevin_NYC 10-10-2011 04:38 PM

These are #s i have heard

Kerbeck sold ~ 500-600+ units
MacMulkin ~300 units

Anything over 50-75 is huge for any one dealer

Kerrdogg 10-10-2011 05:43 PM

When I picked up my GS @ Stingray Chevrolet in Plant City Florida they said they were in the top 10 in Corvette sales, real laid back place, sales guys uniform was shorts and a Stingray polo pull over, they had around 80 vettes in stock. Located between Tampa and Orlando in the middle of strawberry country!

CPTAHAB 09-13-2012 09:57 AM

Stingray in FL is #2

johnodrake 09-13-2012 10:01 AM

MacMulkin is hot on the Kerbeck heels for #1
Criswell Chevrolet in Gaithersburg, Md would also be in the top 10.
Buds, Fitchner, and Boardwalk are others that come to mind that may be in the top. All are forum dealers.

CorvetteGerard 09-13-2012 10:06 AM

hendrix does well also.

Steve2150 09-13-2012 10:10 AM

Even though they are not a forum dealer I think Stingray Chevrolet in Florida is in the top 10.

Turbo6TA 09-13-2012 10:19 AM

I would think that info as to which dealerships have sold the most new Corvettes in lets say calender year 2011 would be available some place .. Centainly GM knows

As for Hendrick Corvette is concerned .. Here is what there website says:

"If you are looking for a new or pre-owned Chevrolet Corvette, you have come to the right place for all Corvette USA models! Rick Hendrick Corvette has the largest selection of USA Corvettes in the Atlanta area, and is currently the largest USA Corvette dealer".

Turbo6TA 09-13-2012 10:24 AM

The Kerbeck website also states that they are the "#1 World's Largest Corvette Dealer"

Who to believe? :confused:

johnodrake 09-13-2012 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Turbo6TA (Post 1581817396)
The Kerbeck website also states that they are the "#1 World's Largest Corvette Dealer"

Who to believe? :confused:

Does it matter? When I ordered mine, no one came close to Tommy, Jr.'s deal.....

Turbo6TA 09-13-2012 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by johnodrake (Post 1581817482)

Does it matter? When I ordered mine, no one came close to Tommy, Jr.'s deal.....

Don't matter to me either ... I was just responding to the OPs question ... I guess it matters to him.

BTW ... Purchased my 2011 GS from MacMulkin too (in June 2011)

Top_Fuel 09-13-2012 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Turbo6TA (Post 1581817361)
...Centainly GM knows

GM and the dealers may know, but my impression is that (for whatever reason) it's closely guarded. I'd like to see the top 10 list, too...but I don't think you'll see any forum dealers come in here and volunteer that kind of information.

JoesC5 09-13-2012 11:15 AM

I beleive that Reliable Chevrolet(Springfield, MO) worked themselves up to the #5 slot, but I notice they are not carring near the inventory(Corvette) they once did, and they don't seem to be as aggressive on this forum as far as promoting themselves.

Mike Campbell 09-13-2012 11:28 AM

CPTAHAB: Stingray in FL is #2
Who is # 1 in Florida? BTW, I know the dealers near me can't or won't even come close to a MacKulkin or Kerbecks price. Guess they figure they don't have to since both of those guys are over 1200 miles away.

Wayne O 09-13-2012 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Turbo6TA (Post 1581817361)
I would think that info as to which dealerships have sold the most new Corvettes in lets say calender year 2011 would be available some place .. Centainly GM knows

As for Hendrick Corvette is concerned .. Here is what there website says:

"If you are looking for a new or pre-owned Chevrolet Corvette, you have come to the right place for all Corvette USA models! Rick Hendrick Corvette has the largest selection of USA Corvettes in the Atlanta area, and is currently the largest USA Corvette dealer".

The largest selection in the Atlanta area and "the largest USA Corvette dealer." Largest in what respect....the acreage of the dealership, the square footage of the dealership? The wording is purposely vaque and doesn't mean anything specific.

rexracerx9 09-13-2012 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Wayne O (Post 1581818113)
The largest selection in the Atlanta area and "the largest USA Corvette dealer." Largest in what respect....the acreage of the dealership, the square footage of the dealership? The wording is purposely vaque and doesn't mean anything specific.

You bring up a very good point.

BigJoe 09-13-2012 12:19 PM

Classic Chevy in Grapevine TX is the #1 seller of (all models of) Chevys by volume. I'm not sure how many Corvettes they sell but it has to be up there somewhere.

Top_Fuel 09-13-2012 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by BigJoe (Post 1581818458)
Classic Chevy in Grapevine TX is the #1 seller of (all models of) Chevys by volume.

Seems more than one dealer is claiming that title... :confused2:

For over 77 years, Paddock Chevrolet has been delivering quality Chevrolet vehicles to Western New York and beyond. We would like to thank our loyal customers for making us the largest volume Chevrolet dealer in the nation, for the ninth straight year! We have sold more Chevrolets than any other dealer in the nation...

Source: http://www.paddockchevrolet.com/

Tom45 09-13-2012 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJoe
Classic Chevy in Grapevine TX is the #1 seller of (all models of) Chevys by volume.

Quote:
For over 77 years, Paddock Chevrolet has been delivering quality Chevrolet vehicles to Western New York and beyond. We would like to thank our loyal customers for making us the largest volume Chevrolet dealer in the nation, for the ninth straight year! We have sold more Chevrolets than any other dealer in the nation...

Source: http://www.paddockchevrolet.com/

Originally Posted by Top_Fuel (Post 1581818990)

I am guessing that there are more dealers than these two that are making this same claim. The dealerships may be owned by former (or future) politicians.

su8pack1 09-13-2012 01:41 PM

:lurk:

HendrickCorvette 09-13-2012 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Wayne O (Post 1581818113)

Thanks for pointing out that copy. It is a little outdated and we are updating it now. We 'were' the largest USA Corvette dealer, but aren't right now. We are still the largest in the southeast though!

Say... a few of you all could come down and help us get back to No. 1!!

waynelittle1 09-13-2012 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Top_Fuel (Post 1581818990)

Can't be Paddock Chevrolet...they may say they sell more CHEVYS but not Corvettes...they only have 3 in stock.:crazy2::yesnod:

OPs topic was 10 top volume CORVETTE dealers.. :rofl:

:cool:

jb_va2001 09-13-2012 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by CPTAHAB (Post 1581817138)
Stingray in FL is #2

It surprises me they can get that big without a presence on CF. Went to their website, 71 new Corvettes in stock (3 leftover from 2011!), prices don't look too good either. Maybe they sell to people who don't use the internet.

Boozman 09-13-2012 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by HendrickCorvette (Post 1581819133)
Thanks for pointing out that copy. It is a little outdated and we are updating it now. We 'were' the largest USA Corvette dealer, but aren't right now. We are still the largest in the southeast though!

Say... a few of you all could come down and help us get back to No. 1!!

I tried but you couldn't come close to Tommy Jr's price when I bought my 2012 GS.

Don-Vette 09-13-2012 06:02 PM

Paddock chevy is my dealer and they do claim the highest volume chevy's, great dealership. That said I went out of state to buy my GS from one of the highest volume Corvette dealers. Chriswell Chevy in Gaithersburg MD.

CaryBob 09-13-2012 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by CorvetteGerard (Post 1581817227)
hendrix does well also.

Hendrick does even better.

11BladeGS 09-13-2012 07:16 PM

Kerbeck is #1, MacMulkin is #2

J

jpee 09-13-2012 08:07 PM

I know the following dealerships ARE/WERE NOT in the top 10 but they were AWESOME

NICKY
BALDWIN MOTION
YENKO

Now THEY WERE GREAT DEALERSHIPS back in the 60's !!:rock:

nice1huh 09-13-2012 08:07 PM

Hendricks has 2 dealerships in charlette. Plus 4more in NC.

alamo1974 09-13-2012 09:21 PM

:iagree: saved me $$$$$

tonysrep 09-13-2012 09:36 PM

I got several quotes from les stanford over the years , I was going to buy a car and the funds fell through, I wanted to pay cash ...when I finally had the cash for a 2013 I contacted les then ask for a quote from Ken Fichtner, glad to say I have a fichtner chevrolet custom ordered Corvette ...If I had to do over I would buy from him again, A very Honest upfront gentleman to deal with, plus he put up with me...lol...:thumbs:

MONTVALEGOLF 09-13-2012 09:39 PM

Numbers...

2011 calendar yr. Top 4 in Corvette deliveries
Kerbeck 350 deliveries
McMulken 175
Criswell 135
Les Stanford 127

florida john 09-13-2012 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Mike Campbell (Post 1581818036)
Who is # 1 in Florida? BTW, I know the dealers near me can't or won't even come close to a MacKulkin or Kerbecks price. Guess they figure they don't have to since both of those guys are over 1200 miles away.

I thought that he meant Stingray's Florida dealership was #2 in US, as opposed to their Texas dealership. I don't know if this is true, but they did have a large inventory of Corvette's when I bought mine from them.

irieman 09-13-2012 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by MONTVALEGOLF (Post 1581823288)
2011 calendar yr. Top 4 in Corvette deliveries
Kerbeck 350 deliveries
McMulken 175
Criswell 135
Les Stanford 127

That's MacMulkin

I gave a handful of forum dealers a chance on a 2013 (and on a 2010 a couple of years ago) and no one came close to Tommy. No Games and Great Customer Service, too. She arrives tomorrow...picks coming soon.

I've only been a Corvette owner since 2004 and I've started to think some dealers take us owners for granted. Other than a distance issue or not being able to get courtesy delivery you should definitely give Tommy a call.

MidYearRoadster 09-14-2012 12:39 AM

not sure of the final numbers but I will tell you MacMulkin is outselling just about everyone out there...

Hendricks...combines all his dealerships allocations so he can say the most vettes...

Kerbeck..largest dealership...size wise maybe but notice it isnt saying most vettes sold...

MacMulkin if not number one in sales will be very shortly...and I have not seen or heard of a bad thing said about Tommy Jr on this or anyother board .

Do your shopping and pricing....no one will beat Macmulkins price...trust me.

johnodrake 09-14-2012 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by tonysrep (Post 1581823265)
I got several quotes from les stanford over the years , I was going to buy a car and the funds fell through, I wanted to pay cash ...when I finally had the cash for a 2013 I contacted les then ask for a quote from Ken Fichtner, glad to say I have a fichtner chevrolet custom ordered Corvette ...If I had to do over I would buy from him again, A very Honest upfront gentleman to deal with, plus he put up with me...lol...:thumbs:

I got a great quote from Dennis - a GREAT quote - but it fell short of Tommy, Jr's.

droid4 09-14-2012 08:28 AM

This is interesting.

I had emailed Tommy and he did give me a quote.

I also got quotes from a few other dealers on here (Kerbeck was *not*
one of them. I despise their "take-it-or-leave-it" attitude. I chose to
leave them).

Ultimately, I ended up buying from Mike Fuhrman at Criswell. He took
some risk regarding the incentives that would or would not be available
at time of delivery. So for the futures/options traders here, I was able
to "lock-in" a floor on the price, and it would not go higher than that.
That price was very competitive with what Tommy had quoted.

Tommy did not appear willing to absorb that type of market (incentive)
risk.

I'm glad I went with Mike though. Reason being, he has a very good
relationship with the factory and NCM. As you know, NCM cut off for
photo albums was July 31. My order was booked as "sold" on 8/21,
with a TPW of 9/10. The car was finished on 9/12. I'm just waiting on
delivery now. Lori said they would not normally make that sort of
exception (for the album being past the cut off date, but since Mike
was well known to everyone down at Bowling Green, and $500 was a
good "contribution" to the museum, it was a win/win all around).

Car is a 2013 GS, 2LT, F55, NPP, ZR1 spoiler, black h/l buckets, black
GS fender badges, arctic white.

Mike was able to persuade NCM, and the factory to allow them to go
ahead and take pictures for the photo album (even though the cutoff
was July 31st). Lori was kind enough to send me a few sample pics of the car
coming off the line. I sent them to Mike, so if he's reading this he can
post them if he wants.

I would definitely recommend doing business with Mike.

Lori at NCM is (as many have stated here) good people.

Now, just waiting on the car to be delivered to Criswell. Haven't
decided yet if I should have Mike ship it or, pick it up in person (long
drive).

stargate 09-14-2012 08:39 AM

I like the take it or leave it attitude....I did not get caught up in any stupid negotiations. I get a price, pay it, get a car and go home. The real bottom line is about saving money. At MacMulkin, I did just that. If I buy a C7, I know where I'm going to get it!

I bought my 2011 while deployed overseas. I owned the car for a month before I ever saw it. Most dealers would not even give you the time of day. They made the whole deal work and held the car until I could get home.

That is what makes them a top 10 dealer in my book.

Originally Posted by droid4 (Post 1581825560)
This is interesting.

I had emailed Tommy and he did give me a quote.

I also got quotes from a few other dealers on here (Kerbeck was *not*
one of them. I despise their "take-it-or-leave-it" attitude. I chose to
leave them).

Tommy did not appear willing to absorb that type of market (incentive)
risk.

I'm glad I went with Mike though. Reason being, he has a very good
relationship with the factory and NCM. As you know, NCM cut off for
photo albums was July 31. My order was booked as "sold" on 8/21,
with a TPW of 9/10. The car was finished on 9/12. I'm just waiting on
delivery now. Lori said they would not normally make that sort of
exception (for the album being past the cut off date, but since Mike
was well known to everyone down at Bowling Green, and $500 was a
good "contribution" to the museum, it was a win/win all around).

Car is a 2013 GS, 2LT, F55, NPP, ZR1 spoiler, black h/l buckets, black
GS fender badges, arctic white.

Mike was able to persuade NCM, and the factory to allow them to go
ahead and take pictures for the photo album (even though the cutoff
was July 31st). Lori was kind enough to send me a few sample pics of the car
coming off the line. I sent them to Mike, so if he's reading this he can
post them if he wants.

I would definitely recommend doing business with Mike.

Lori at NCM is (as many have stated here) good people.

Now, just waiting on the car to be delivered to Criswell. Haven't
decided yet if I should have Mike ship it or, pick it up in person (long
drive).

vetehead 09-15-2012 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by MidYearRoadster (Post 1581824553)
not sure of the final numbers but I will tell you MacMulkin is outselling just about everyone out there...

Hendricks...combines all his dealerships allocations so he can say the most vettes...

Kerbeck..largest dealership...size wise maybe but notice it isnt saying most vettes sold...

MacMulkin if not number one in sales will be very shortly...and I have not seen or heard of a bad thing said about Tommy Jr on this or anyother board .

Do your shopping and pricing....no one will beat Macmulkins price...trust me.

:iagree: 2x buyer from Tommy just:thumbs:

MikeyTX 09-15-2012 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by rexracerx9 (Post 1578922572)
Hi Rick,

It has been a while since our last Vette.

Good memory. We bought 2 from EVS. We bought a '07 just before you got to EVS and a '08 when you got there.

So who are the other top dealers today?

How long have you been at Ganley? Doing well I hope!

Dude ........ You need to get out more often ! :willy::rofl:

bobio777 09-16-2012 07:40 AM

[QUOTE=droid4;1581825560]This is interesting.

FYI, you were able to lock in the a "ceiling", a "floor" is the minimum, not the maximum. Sorry for being pedantic, but it's part of my OCD. :hide:

Big Dan 427 09-16-2012 08:20 AM

I actually bought my car locally right off the showroom floor from a dealer that probably will get a handful of 427's at most! I must say the deal I got of 12k plus off window was all the money off I could find and as I said it was local. I did speak with Tom Jr. and he will be my go should I ever order a car, real down to earth and friendly and I see why he gets such raves!

MikeyTX 09-16-2012 09:01 AM

This has been an interesting read. However for me it becomes a moot subject if the C7 interior isn't a major up grade over what we have now in the C6.

sprta 09-16-2012 10:18 AM

At the Kerbeck site under Number 1 Corvette Dealer there is a letter from GM stating that for 2011 Kerbeck was the number 1 Corvette Dealer.

Goaty 01-14-2014 11:12 PM

Resurrecting this instead of starting a new thread. Anyone know who came in first in 2013?

direct007 01-15-2014 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Goaty (Post 1585923571)
Resurrecting this instead of starting a new thread. Anyone know who came in first in 2013?

Kerbeck is still #1.
MacMulkin #2.

I haven't seen the sales numbers yet though.

Goaty 01-15-2014 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by direct007 (Post 1585925760)
Kerbeck is still #1. MacMulkin #2. I haven't seen the sales numbers yet though.

Really, I thought MacMulkin was going to be #1 this year. Interesting. Thanks.

Brady Kohuth 01-16-2014 02:49 AM

Originally Posted by jpee (Post 1581822462)
I know the following dealerships ARE/WERE NOT in the top 10 but they were AWESOME

NICKY
BALDWIN MOTION
YENKO

Now THEY WERE GREAT DEALERSHIPS back in the 60's !!:rock:

I bought a Z28 from Nickey. I also remember seeing crates and crates of 427/425hp and all kinds of goodies. I had a '68 SS Chevelle and entertained the thought of replacing the 396 with the 427.....but I had to play soldier boy in those days....father sold it anyways !! I really wanted to check out Baldwin/Motion Performance,but they were too far for me to travel and were somewhat pricey.

MustOBeenYellow2015Z 03-11-2015 06:45 PM

When I was ready to pull the trigger on my Z06 Google pulled up Rick "Corvette" Conti's website. He must do pretty well. Out of curiosity I'd like to know where He ranks in Corvette sales....

4SUMERZ 03-11-2015 09:26 PM

I bought mine from Bud's Chevy in St. Mary's Ohio. According to their site-Top 20 in the nation for Corvette sales, but I bet they rank #1 in Customer Service and communications with the buyer.
Considering where they are located, in the state of Ohio, top 20 in sales nationwide is pretty decent.
They are also a forum vendor.
http://www.budschevy.com/

xwing 02-17-2016 02:15 PM

To again resurrect an old thread, I finally found an answer (at least for 2014): http://www.corvetteblogger.com/2014/...d-year-report/

Rebel Yell 02-18-2016 12:29 PM

If you add all of the Hendrick sells you get 669, or close. That would put him right at the top. The only thing I can't abide by with his dealerships is the $649 doc fee. If I'm correct McMulkin doesn't charge doc fees. Makes a difference.

Scuba Ghost 02-18-2016 01:12 PM

Tommy saved me thousands. 2 or 3 phone calls and it was a done deal.