CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   Top 10 volume Corvette dealers? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/2929098-top-10-volume-corvette-dealers.html)

rexracerx9 10-10-2011 12:29 PM

Top 10 volume Corvette dealers?

Dealers used to get allocation for Corvettes based on how many Corvettes they sold the previous year. Then Z06 allocation was based on how many regular Corvettes were sold. I seem to remember GM changing that allocation rule to total number of any cars sold not just Corvettes? That was just before GM went bust. Is that still the case?

Anyone know who the top 10 volume Corvette dealers in the Country are? How many Corvettes do they sell a year?

Safe to say these are high volume dealers right?

Kerbeck
Maxie
Les Stanford

Steve Moore
Cauley
Bill Jacobs

Spitzer
Dan Young
Ramp

Ross Downing

Callaway Chris 10-10-2011 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by rexracerx9 (Post 1578921102)
Dealers used to get allocation for Corvettes based on how many Corvettes they sold the previous year. Then Z06 allocation was based on how many regular Corvettes were sold. I seem to remember GM changing that allocation rule to total number of any cars sold not just Corvettes? That was just before GM went bust. Is that still the case?

Anyone know who the top 10 volume Corvette dealers in the Country are? How many Corvettes do they sell a year?

Kerbeck
Maxie
Les Stanford

Steve Moore
Cauley
Bill Jacobs

Spitzer
Dan Young
Ramp

Ross Downing

Many on your list are no longer in business as Chevrolet Franchises - part of the GM Wind down... :nono:

Bill Stasek is the #1 Corvette dealer in Illinois and a top 10 dealer, Nationwide. They are also a Forum Sponsor. :thumbs: It should also be noted, they are a TOP Callaway Dealer w/ an excellent reputation is sales AND Service after the sale...

Here is their website - ask for Bob Foley, Bob Clegg, or Scott Wiscomb :cheers:

http://www.stasekchevrolet.com/

Ganley Aurora 10-10-2011 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by rexracerx9 (Post 1578921102)

Kerbeck
Maxie
Les Stanford

Steve Moore
Cauley
Bill Jacobs

Spitzer
Dan Young
Ramp

Ross Downing

list is way off, a long time ago maybe. If my memory serves me right , YOU got one from me back in 2008 when I was in WI and then we were #3....new ball game now

rgauchey 10-10-2011 02:22 PM

Cauley is no longer a Chevy dealer. They are now Cauley Performance. They still have the Ferrari dealership next door and in the former Chevy store they sell all brands of performance cars. They have an '11 Trans Am( built from Camaro ) in their showroom also.

BostonJoel 10-10-2011 02:54 PM

A few years ago, Kerbeck said they were #1 and sold 900 cars a year.

I think McMulkin in NH is chasing Kerbeck and may even be in the #2 slot with sights set on being #1.

Boozman 10-10-2011 03:08 PM

MacMulkin has got to be on the list

rexracerx9 10-10-2011 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Callaway Chris (Post 1578922080)
Many on your list are no longer in business as Chevrolet Franchises - part of the GM Wind down... :nono:

Bill Stasek is the #1 Corvette dealer in Illinois and a top 10 dealer, Nationwide. They are also a Forum Sponsor. :thumbs: It should also be noted, they are a TOP Callaway Dealer w/ an excellent reputation is sales AND Service after the sale...

Here is their website - ask for Bob Foley, Bob Clegg, or Scott Wiscomb :cheers:

http://www.stasekchevrolet.com/

Which ones are not around anymore? Thanks for the link.

rexracerx9 10-10-2011 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by CorvetteConti@Ganley (Post 1578922100)
list is way off, a long time ago maybe. If my memory serves me right , YOU got one from me back in 2008 when I was in WI and then we were #3....new ball game now

Hi Rick,

It has been a while since our last Vette.

Good memory. We bought 2 from EVS. We bought a '07 just before you got to EVS and a '08 when you got there.

So who are the other top dealers today?

How long have you been at Ganley? Doing well I hope!

C6ToGo 10-10-2011 03:54 PM

Has anyone ordered one lately? I would think, with low sales, the allocation system would be temporarily suspended. GM should build one for anybody with a deposit check.

REPZ06 10-10-2011 04:10 PM

Ramp Chevrolet is long gone also

Kevin_NYC 10-10-2011 04:38 PM

These are #s i have heard

Kerbeck sold ~ 500-600+ units
MacMulkin ~300 units

Anything over 50-75 is huge for any one dealer

Kerrdogg 10-10-2011 05:43 PM

When I picked up my GS @ Stingray Chevrolet in Plant City Florida they said they were in the top 10 in Corvette sales, real laid back place, sales guys uniform was shorts and a Stingray polo pull over, they had around 80 vettes in stock. Located between Tampa and Orlando in the middle of strawberry country!

CPTAHAB 09-13-2012 09:57 AM

Stingray in FL is #2

johnodrake 09-13-2012 10:01 AM

MacMulkin is hot on the Kerbeck heels for #1
Criswell Chevrolet in Gaithersburg, Md would also be in the top 10.
Buds, Fitchner, and Boardwalk are others that come to mind that may be in the top. All are forum dealers.

CorvetteGerard 09-13-2012 10:06 AM

hendrix does well also.

Steve2150 09-13-2012 10:10 AM

Even though they are not a forum dealer I think Stingray Chevrolet in Florida is in the top 10.

Turbo6TA 09-13-2012 10:19 AM

I would think that info as to which dealerships have sold the most new Corvettes in lets say calender year 2011 would be available some place .. Centainly GM knows

As for Hendrick Corvette is concerned .. Here is what there website says:

"If you are looking for a new or pre-owned Chevrolet Corvette, you have come to the right place for all Corvette USA models! Rick Hendrick Corvette has the largest selection of USA Corvettes in the Atlanta area, and is currently the largest USA Corvette dealer".

Turbo6TA 09-13-2012 10:24 AM

The Kerbeck website also states that they are the "#1 World's Largest Corvette Dealer"

Who to believe? :confused:

johnodrake 09-13-2012 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Turbo6TA (Post 1581817396)
The Kerbeck website also states that they are the "#1 World's Largest Corvette Dealer"

Who to believe? :confused:

Does it matter? When I ordered mine, no one came close to Tommy, Jr.'s deal.....

Turbo6TA 09-13-2012 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by johnodrake (Post 1581817482)

Does it matter? When I ordered mine, no one came close to Tommy, Jr.'s deal.....

Don't matter to me either ... I was just responding to the OPs question ... I guess it matters to him.

BTW ... Purchased my 2011 GS from MacMulkin too (in June 2011)