CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-parts-for-sale-wanted-115/)
-   -   FS Several sets used headlights for sale (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-parts-for-sale-wanted/2899173-fs-several-sets-used-headlights-for-sale.html)

383 12-05-2011 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by RLSebring (Post 1579387038)
The headlights and lens have been a hobby for the most part for the past few years. I have my real job that comes first. I may have to look into turning this into more of a business though as it is growing.

Look around eBay and see if any of the Halos offered suit what you are looking for. I may be able to do a set in your color more at my leisure then just do a core swap out.

The labor will probably remian in the 275. range then figure lens and if you plan on changing color. It can add up quickly though...

What were the sizes you used in the pics? Is there a decent vendor that sells different halo sizes?

NospdLimit 12-05-2011 05:07 PM

Thanks for the advise,
It doesn't sound like cleaning the inside going to likely work.

383 12-05-2011 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by NospdLimit (Post 1579392856)
Thanks for the advise,

It bugged me so bad (my buddies knew it so they constantly busted my balls)I had to do something. If the tube thing scares you just try using compressed air past the lights. If it is just dust that may actually work.

RLSebring 12-05-2011 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by 383 (Post 1579392585)
What were the sizes you used in the pics? Is there a decent vendor that sells different halo sizes?

These from Germany are the only ones that came in sizes that actually fit the area on the bezel. They are ~65mm and 70mm Both of light werkz rings are like 68mm. It's a tad big for the low beam placement and too small for the high beam placement. Of course they glue it to the silver trim ring which IMHO looks like Butt.

I made backing plates for both rings, attached to the bezels then glue the rings to the backing plate. A lot of work. The ones from Germany fit much better and look like they may mount directly to the bezel and the size is closely proportional to the size opening of the low and high beam openings.

There's several vendors on Bay but I haven't looked into most of them. Prices range from 75. to 300. so the quality probably enters the picture.

RLSebring 12-05-2011 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by NospdLimit (Post 1579392856)
Thanks for the advise,

Originally Posted by 383 (Post 1579396360)
It bugged me so bad (my buddies knew it so they constantly busted my balls)I had to do something. If the tube thing scares you just try using compressed air past the lights. If it is just dust that may actually work.

Didn't mean to scare you from trying it. Just need to be careful. I would definately use air only first and see what results that produces and go from there.

Andrew6@TheDoubleAA 12-05-2011 11:14 PM

I'm interested in the Carbon fiber with some angel eyes on the headlights. Robert is the MAN! and does awesome headlight work. :rock::cheers:

C6-NA-killa 12-06-2011 05:11 AM

I sent u a pm about my headlights I bought from you i will be waiting for ur response thanxs

383 12-08-2011 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Andrew6 (Post 1579396572)
I'm interested in the Carbon fiber with some angel eyes on the headlights. Robert is the MAN! and does awesome headlight work. :rock::cheers:

I too was interested in carbon fiber but I heard that the carbon looks like its just black paint unless your up real close. anyone seen them in real life?
I wonder if the bezel can just be skinned with carbon from a diy kit?

RLSebring 12-08-2011 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by 383 (Post 1579422949)
I too was interested in carbon fiber but I heard that the carbon looks like its just black paint unless your up real close. anyone seen them in real life?
I wonder if the bezel can just be skinned with carbon from a diy kit?

You can do them yourself and save a lot of money in the process. have did carbon in the past and lost my rear end. Just wasn't enough paying customers to make it worthwhile.

I have also had them hydro carbonned and while they looked real good it wasn't great.

Mine are carbon and in the bright sun or within about 10' you can tell they are real carbon. Any further away and they do tend to appear just black.

http://i342.photobucket.com/albums/o...g/IMG_4800.jpg

383 12-09-2011 04:39 PM

How did you lay the carbon with a vacuum bag or a wet lay up? I love that look but they are crazy expensive.
How much would you charge for a set of lights I could work on myself? They wouldn't have to match and I could replace the lens myself after I lay carbon on them.

RLSebring 12-09-2011 06:07 PM

Interesting you'd ask about DIY. I have been rolling that around in my head for the past weeks to offer a set of lights in need of rehab along with a set of new lens. Let me see what I can work up that would make sense.

On the layup I have did the wet layup, PrePreg and vaccuum infusion. The wet layup was by far the most costly in terms of waste and labor. Just a nasty job.

The vaccuum infusion was by far the most cost effective but disastrous in not being able to really see what you're doing. Most materials it's not a problem as you'd have gelcoat or non bias materials you're working with.

The prepreg was best but way more expensive. It conformed right to the shape and keeping the matrial on bias was not problem. Get it placed and set in the oven or sun for a few minutes and you're done. It made for a nice overlay then you could clear it to your personal prefference.

Originally Posted by 383 (Post 1579429100)
How did you lay the carbon with a vacuum bag or a wet lay up? I love that look but they are crazy expensive.
How much would you charge for a set of lights I could work on myself? They wouldn't have to match and I could replace the lens myself after I lay carbon on them.

RLSebring 12-12-2011 10:20 PM

bump

NospdLimit 12-12-2011 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by RLSebring (Post 1579396452)
Didn't mean to scare you from trying it. Just need to be careful. I would definately use air only first and see what results that produces and go from there.

Thats cool I apreciate the advise, the dust is really not that bad, I am just really pickey about the Z, :crazy: it only has 6000 miles and looks like new inside and out.
Let me know if you get a Victory red right side

RLSebring 12-12-2011 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by NospdLimit (Post 1579457040)
Thats cool I apreciate the advise, the dust is really not that bad, I am just really pickey about the Z, :crazy: it only has 6000 miles and looks like new inside and out.
Let me know if you get a Victory red right side

I got a RT red in today. It's either Victory Red or Colbalt. I'll get the color chip out tomorrow and let you know.

C6-NA-killa 12-13-2011 02:02 AM

Rlsebring has grade a service this guy really takes care of his customers I bought 2 new installed n removed lens were in excellent condition with just a few glue specks well I cleaned the inner lens with mineral spirits n messed it up cuz I didnt no any better pretty much this member hooked me up on a brand new lens for a great price n made me happy again great seller dont have any worries he sells good lens and has awesome customer service thanxs again man

RLSebring 12-13-2011 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by RLSebring (Post 1579457122)
I got a RT red in today. It's either Victory Red or Colbalt. I'll get the color chip out tomorrow and let you know.

It would appear to be Victory red. $550.00 with new GM OEM Lens installed and including shipping.

NospdLimit 12-13-2011 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by RLSebring (Post 1579465180)
It would appear to be Victory red. $550.00 with new GM OEM Lens installed and including shipping.

PM sent

lkrassner 12-18-2011 11:39 PM

black headlamps

Originally Posted by RLSebring (Post 1579484687)
bump

plz call me tomorrow to discuss @ 516-551-9176.

irishfire911 12-19-2011 05:45 PM

Hey how much for just the two lenses. I need a left and right. Thanks

RLSebring 02-14-2012 10:13 PM

Several sets available