CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Southwest (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/southwest-44/)
-   -   CARAVAN-VETTES AND JETS ON THE LEX (Corpus Christi) (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/southwest/2874325-caravan-vettes-and-jets-on-the-lex-corpus-christi.html)

SoSlow1 09-04-2011 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by Mister Peebody (Post 1578601274)
There are 3 of us leaving Beaumont at 0730. It would be great all of you east of us could caravan to Sugarland with us!

Where are ya'll meeting at ? I'll be coming through at that time and can join up with Ya..:thumbs:

I'll be comimg into Beaumont on Hwy 96 because its quicker for me to get there then going I10 out of Lake Charles..

C4VetteMan8996 09-04-2011 08:33 PM

SHCC Members will be joining Caravan!!

Several Members of the SHCC will be joining.

I have forwarded a note with the Forum Link to our members that will be attending the Vettes and Jets on the Lex Event.

There are approximately 18 SHCC members signed up, and I expect at least half to join us for the CARAVAN. If I can get a final count from my group, then I'll repost later with that count.

See you all Friday!!
Can't Wait to get the Hell Out of Houston for a few days!!
:willy::rock::thumbs::woohoo:

Thanks for setting this up!!

Andrew6@TheDoubleAA 09-04-2011 08:57 PM

anyone from the Corpus Christi Corvette club on the forum? I have a question.

Mister Peebody 09-05-2011 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by SoSlow1 (Post 1578602444)
Where are ya'll meeting at ? I'll be coming through at that time and can join up with Ya..:thumbs:

I'll be comimg into Beaumont on Hwy 96 because its quicker for me to get there then going I10 out of Lake Charles..

There is a Holiday Inn and Shell station on the corner of I10 West and Walden Rd. We can meet you there.

maverick111 09-05-2011 10:51 AM

Boy Scout Flag Swap

I just worked out a deal with the Boy Scouts and they are going to be at the event on Sunday to swap out old worn, fadded or torn US flags. You bring an old flag and they trade you for a new one free of charge. That to me is a great deal.

Andrew6@TheDoubleAA 09-05-2011 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by maverick111 (Post 1578612357)
I just worked out a deal with the Boy Scouts and they are going to be at the event on Sunday to swap out old worn, fadded or torn US flags. You bring an old flag and they trade you for a new one free of charge. That to me is a great deal.

:thumbs::flag:

Milton Fox 09-05-2011 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by Andrew6 (Post 1578612579)
:thumbs::flag:

:cool: I have two that need a proper disposal. :thumbs:

LisasZR1 09-05-2011 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by maverick111 (Post 1578612357)

Oh man! I have 2 bags full as I change them out every 6 months. I keep forgetting to turn them in. I wish I had room to bring them!!

Andrew6@TheDoubleAA 09-06-2011 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by Texas08C6 (Post 1578619401)
Oh man! I have 2 bags full as I change them out every 6 months. I keep forgetting to turn them in. I wish I had room to bring them!!

Amy's suppose to bring the SUV ...

LisasZR1 09-06-2011 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by Andrew6 (Post 1578620194)
Amy's suppose to bring the SUV ...

Oh Andy, that's sweet but y'all don't want to haul those. I need to find a boy scout troop here to take them. I just put new flags up about 2 weeks ago. :D Thanks though!! Looking forward to seeing you two this weekend on the ship!

GEES 09-06-2011 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by C4VetteMan8996 (Post 1578608665)
Several Members of the SHCC will be joining.

I have forwarded a note with the Forum Link to our members that will be attending the Vettes and Jets on the Lex Event.

There are approximately 18 SHCC members signed up, and I expect at least half to join us for the CARAVAN. If I can get a final count from my group, then I'll repost later with that count.

See you all Friday!!
Can't Wait to get the Hell Out of Houston for a few days!!
:willy::rock::thumbs::woohoo:

Thanks for setting this up!!

WHOOO HOOOO!!!! :rock: We will hit our 50+ corvette goal after all!!
Bring fold up lawn chairs, shades, visors, beach wear (cool beach next to ship), suntan lotion, cameras, etc. Fold up lawn chairs will be allowed onto the ship. Leave them in your car when you board on Saturday morning. No displays needed. Nothing outside the cars allowed. Don't forget, car wash services will be available immediately upon our arrival to the Lexington from 2pm-7pm. Donations will go to Wounded Warrior Project. Everyone joining the caravan will get maps, itineraries, etc. See you all Friday.

Lapond 09-06-2011 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by Texas08C6 (Post 1578620412)
Oh Andy, that's sweet but y'all don't want to haul those. I need to find a boy scout troop here to take them. I just put new flags up about 2 weeks ago. :D Thanks though!! Looking forward to seeing you two this weekend on the ship!

Lisa - The lady that works for me has a son that is still in Boy Scouts and her husband is a den leader - let me know if we can help you out. Tweety

GEES 09-06-2011 04:42 PM

Addresses for GPS

Starting place:

Super Target - 16300 Southwest Frwy., Sugar Land, TX.
(US-59 & Hwy 6)

Picking up folks in Rosenberg, Texas. They are merging in, we will not stop here.

Picking up folks at the Buccees in Wharton, Texas. They are merging in, we will not stop here.

STOP - Half way break
Stripes/Valero/McDonalds Truck Stop
3204 S. Laurent St., Victoria, Tx. 77901
(185 Bloomington exit)

FINAL STOP
USS Lexington, 2914 N. Shoreline Blvd., Corpus Christi, TX 78403

Doc_EE 09-06-2011 06:56 PM

if anyone knows of anyone or someone that signed up and wont be able to make it. pls contact me. we have 1 member of our vette club that was able to get his car ready and driving up to CC for event, but didnt sign up in time.. he can reimburse the fees u paid..

just hope to get spot for member.. last time we went to lex at the last minute not all cars that were signed up showed up so not all 325 cars were on top of lex.. dont want this to happen again.. if anyone know of a spot pls contact me at

956-784-4855.. thank you

event organizers if post is not allowed or spot cant be transfered pls let me know so i can remove it.

GEES 09-07-2011 02:43 PM

55 corvettes and counting!

Based on rumors I've been hearing, looks like we may hit 60+ corvettes before we pull out on Friday morning :woohoo:

All drivers will receive maps, rules of the road, itineraries for the weekend, etc. immediately upon their arrival. Please plan your trip around traffic :ack:. Traffic is always an unexpected delay :mad: so please plan accordingly.

Remember, we will peel out at 10am SHARP! :auto:

I couldn't paste my directions to the Meeting Place so please go to the following link and download the file.

http://corvetteownersclubhouston.com...1926#post21926

GPS Address: 16300 Southwest Fwy, Sugar Land, TX 77479

Bone Daddy 09-08-2011 09:39 AM

See yall at the Radisson..... bringing up the rear with some other cars after lunch.

Question... Ive always gotten to CC in the afternoon, but assuming we're rolling in around 5p would it be advisable to avoid I37 and come in the back way on 181? What I'm asking is does Corpus even have a rush-hour?

Happy trails
Reid

GEES 09-08-2011 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Bone Daddy (Post 1578640900)
See yall at the Radisson..... bringing up the rear with some other cars after lunch.

Question... Ive always gotten to CC in the afternoon, but assuming we're rolling in around 5p would it be advisable to avoid I37 and come in the back way on 181? What I'm asking is does Corpus even have a rush-hour?

Happy trails
Reid

Hi Reid,

Bout damn time you chime in buddy :rofl:! I was thinking about you just yesterday since we were viewing pictures from Vettes and Jets in 2009 and saw one of you shining up your ride. Great picture :thumbs:

We are not familiar with Corpus nor the traffic out there. We saw a little construction zone over the weekend at the corner of 181 & 35 so we opted to take the vettes thru I-37 instead. The construction doesn't look bad but may or may not get the tires a little dirty. Now I-37 coming in around 5pm is something we may need to ask Maverick from CCCC.

Maverick, if you sign in today, can you please answer this question for Reid?

Don't forget Reid, car wash is from 2pm-7pm at the Radisson so hurry and get in line. Hopefully you'll be done before midnight :rofl: Just kidding. See you tomorrow!!!! :cheers:

MannyS 09-08-2011 09:25 PM

5 o'clock Friday traffic on I-37 is ugly. Save yourself an hour on the drive by going 181 at Sinton. The dirt will rinse off of the tires.

TX_Viking 09-08-2011 10:35 PM

See y'all tomorrow morning :auto:

Tinkerbell_in_Texas 09-09-2011 07:02 AM

:woohoo: see everyone in a couple hours!!