CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   What's E2C? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/2803286-whats-e2c.html)

wera32 03-26-2011 12:55 AM

What's E2C?

Can someone expand on this "option"? Expedited delivery? Do all Corvettes have this listed or is it dealer preferenced perhaps?

Callaway Chris 03-26-2011 01:00 AM

It showed up on my wife's new Camaro Convertible. I had never seen it before...

Jerry White 03-26-2011 01:09 AM

My yet undelivered 2011 GS order has the build code E2C "Order To Delivery Expedite To Customer". Hopeing this truly does mean "expedite" as I need the VIN # to be assigned prior to 5/2/11, in order to get the $3K Dealer Cash allowance.

Kdurgin 03-26-2011 07:32 AM

My order has it too. I think it just means it is a sold order to an actual customer and not for dealer stock. This MAY get it put in front of dealer stock orders unless the dealers put the E2C on all their orders?

wera32 03-26-2011 09:22 AM

I think it just means it is a sold order to an actual customer and not for dealer stock.
That makes sense. It would be nice if we can cut in line!

cthusker 03-26-2011 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Kdurgin (Post 1577165463)
My order has it too. I think it just means it is a sold order to an actual customer and not for dealer stock. This MAY get it put in front of dealer stock orders unless the dealers put the E2C on all their orders?

Since all vettes are already sold to the dealers I don't think it makes any difference to GM. Unless GM changed something all vettes are made to order not for stock.... Dealers order and pay for them so I doubt GM cares if it's already been sold to a customer...

pcguy2u 03-26-2011 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by cthusker (Post 1577166295)
Since all vettes are already sold to the dealers I don't think it makes any difference to GM. Unless GM changed something all vettes are made to order not for stock.... Dealers order and pay for them so I doubt GM cares if it's already been sold to a customer...

Not too sure about them all being the same when ordering. I seem to recall that the factory differentiates between orders for inventory and sold orders for customers..........:leaving:

cthusker 03-26-2011 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by pcguy2u (Post 1577167020)
Not too sure about them all being the same when ordering. I seem to recall that the factory differentiates between orders for inventory and sold orders for customers..........:leaving:

What I was saying it GM doesn't make vettes for inventory, at least they never used to? Perhaps that's now changed! They were ALL sold to DEALERS, not the end user! Therefore it didn't make any difference to GM which car is what...... I'm sure someone can clarify how GM treats orders now.. . :lurk:

Callaway Chris 03-27-2011 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by cthusker (Post 1577166295)

Sold orders can be preferenced for quicker build by the ordering dealer. They can also prioritize their "stock" orders for what they would like to see first.:cool:

Foxer55 03-27-2011 01:33 PM

E2C

http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/a...Banking_11.jpg

Thrill6 03-27-2011 01:48 PM

All GM car orders are either "sold" to a customer or headed to dealer inventory. GM cares because it affects future sales projections and production capacity. When dealer inventories are high, they know that future orders (and production) will decline. When dealer inventories are low, they know that they will need to increase production to keep up with demand. When the car is ordered by the dealer, if GM knows that the car is already sold to a customer they can better project future dealer inventory and get a better estimate of future production demand. You can't just increase production at a moments notice because it affects the entire supply chain. In order to build a car, you need every single part available, and that means letting suppliers know as far in advance as possible that parts demand is going to increase, decrease or stay the same.

wera32 03-27-2011 03:07 PM

E2C

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 927x705 and weights 49KB.
Classic. I wondered how long that would take.:thumbs: