CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   Pistol holster (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/2789751-pistol-holster.html)

tnbeast 03-06-2011 01:58 PM

Now I feel bad to irvbuldogs response I just have a lonely base model but I am going to install the Gun Turret next week so I should be ok.:rofl:flag:

Although I do not carry myself I have no problem with a "responsible" person protecting themselves or their families

I love my Corvette

Easy Rhino 03-06-2011 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by iridelow (Post 1576977946)
But, if you are ever stopped or confronted by the Po Po, please advise them you are armed with proper paperwork avalaible. They will appreciate it and treat you with respect. Now, if you carry unlawfully, you should go streight to jail and not pass go on your way!:thumbs:

Good public service reminder there.

When pulled over, I always place both hands on the top of the steering wheel in plain sight with the windows down and do not move until the officer has spoken to me. If at night I turn on the interior lights fully. I also shut down the engine and turn on the emergency flashers. If carrying a PERMITTED gun, I tell the officer straightaway so, where it is, what condition it is (e.g. condtion 2 - its' a 1911 45ACP).

No need I can think of to raise a LEOs blood pressure.

REVAK 03-06-2011 02:07 PM

I've had a concealed carry permit in Pa. for 34 years. For ease of concealment I like my Walther PPK .380 . When they get really rude, the old school Colt trooper .357 has both a report and a muzzle flash that leaves an impression. I have been an NRA member for over 35 years, I am pro law enforcement, pro US military, and yes , pro gun ownership for law abiding citizens. While I respect an individuals decision not to own firearms, I expect my rights and decisions regarding such to be respected without derogatory comment. Rant over.

Easy Rhino 03-06-2011 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by REVAK (Post 1576978377)
I've had a concealed carry permit in Pa. for 34 years. For ease of concealment I like my Walther PPK .380 . When they get really rude, the old school Colt trooper .357 has both a report and a muzzle flash that leaves an impression. I have been an NRA member for over 35 years, I am pro law enforcement, pro US military, and yes , pro gun ownership for law abiding citizens. While I respect an individuals decision not to own firearms, I expect my rights and decisions regarding such to be respected without derogatory comment. Rant over.

:thumbs:

Blaq Ops 03-06-2011 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by irvbulldogs72 (Post 1576978001)
C. Your car ain't ****. You have wheels and some nonfunctional aero stuff. BFD. So there might be a cam or a centri under the hood. Still not impressed. The nicest cars on the board tend to be widebodies, making 550+whp, running wheels that cost in the 5k+ range, with 15k+ Caravaggio interiors.

:spit::spit::lolg::lolg::lolg::lolg:

vt65 03-06-2011 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by REVAK (Post 1576978377)

I just hope that 1 of you guys are around if i have a problem while visiting your neck of the woods, as a non-gun toting Canadian this thread makes me a tad paranoid, even if i did carry I sure as he!! wouldn't try to cross the border with my woosie little Baretta!.....:canadaflag:

talionstallion21 03-06-2011 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by vt65 (Post 1576978695)
.......... my woosie little Baretta!.....:canadaflag:

I take offense to that! I am a Beretta carrying Italian and have all the flavors from 380 to 45. High quality semi-auto that will make you bleed just like all the others!!:cheers:

vt65 03-06-2011 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by talionstallion21 (Post 1576979107)
I take offense to that! I am a Beretta carrying Italian and have all the flavors from 380 to 45. High quality semi-auto that will make you bleed just like all the others!!:cheers:

oh yah! ... :iagree:

pbass6811 03-06-2011 05:48 PM

An interesting thread...

I don't post on here much because I don't yet own a Corvette, a situation I plan on rectifying later this year when the money is there, I do drive an SRT-8 Grand Cherokee and I do carry(Kimber Ultra Carry-.45ACP). I usually carry on me, since that makes the most sense to me, but I do put it in the console when I go to work. If you don't want to carry a firearm, that is totally your choice and we respect your decision, however, please offer those of us who are legally able to carry and choose to do so the same courtesy & respect. To me, a gun is one of those things that it's better to have one and not need it, than need it and not have it...:thumbs:

reidry 03-06-2011 06:16 PM

I have thought quite a bit about a holster installation in the C6. Other than the center console or glove box, nothing met my criteria. I wanted to have access from the seated position and have the weapon completely hidden from sight. Decided to go with on body (legally permitted with CHL). Bought some shirts from 5.11 tactical with the document pocket and carry a North American Arms .22 magnum there with my Springfield .45 1911 or Walther PPS in less accessible (from seated position) mode of carry.

Ryan

Rich Mickol 03-06-2011 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by keyplyr (Post 1576971981)
Between the passenger seat and the tunnel hump.

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/9003/glockd.jpg

Would not want to be stopped by the cops, legal or otherwise.

wolfdogs 03-06-2011 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Rich Mickol (Post 1576980795)
Would not want to be stopped by the cops, legal or otherwise.

actually, I don't think that would considered "concealed". When you are stopped, at least in VA. (correct me if Im wrong LE folks) the officer knows if you have a CWP. The correct thing to do is place your hands at 10 and 2 o'clock on the steering wheel when the officer approaches, after you put your window down if its not, and say "officer, I have a cwp and there is a loaded handgun (tell him where it is leaving your hands on the steering wheel).

MagnaBob 03-06-2011 06:58 PM

In my M3 I keep my M4 with a fully auto conversion kit I bought from some Lithuanian dude I met at the "Soldier of Fortune" online forum. I have a Taurus Judge modified to shoot RPG's in my Corvette. If a menacing scumbag approaches, be he Leo, Scorpio, liberal or centrist GOP, I'm waxing his ass. I drip testosterone and single barrel bourbon from every pore and my fists and forearms are permanently stained dark red from the blood of those I beat to death in bar fights. I have a redundant supply of liquid viagara I keep in an infusion pump that's riveted to my scrotum and a dozen rough rider condoms in a bandalero I wear under my kevlar vest. My car has Jato boosters and can go over 400 mph in school zones....yatta yatta yatta But seriously, what's the best detailing spray for Jetstream Blue?

2kvetmy 03-06-2011 07:17 PM

FYI

Do not leave your weapon visible in your vette.

One of our group locked his fob in the trunk(had passive lock on),and, we called a locksmith; the guy took a long piece of eletrical cable,ran it down the inside of the passenger window,pulled on the emergency door handle, bingo, right in.

My Avalanche got opened similarly in Memphis,no damage at all, and they took my Taurus 38

Beware!!!!!!!!!!!

dprestidge 03-06-2011 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by TBonez (Post 1576973895)
I'm just wondering if Audi, Porsche, BMW or Mercedes have a thread like this in their forums...???

This is one of the threads that makes me want to sell this....this stupid gun-toting stigma shouldn't be attached to the Vette.....and trust me, it's probably one of the nicest Vettes in this whole Damn Forum...and you read about this crap all the time... hey we have fast cars.. if your in a situation you get outta there and then call the cops....enough of the Rambo crap... it's 2011 already.

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w...e/_TOM0252.jpg

SELL IT AND BUY A VOLT, no one will carjack that!

A friend of mine, (social worker, allways wanted to help people), felt just like you, till his sister-in-law was killed in Florida by a 16 yr old and his 5 buddies. They were getting in a gang and just needed someone to KILL. She was closing the gate to the driveway, while her husband pulled though. They just walked up and shot her.

He was against the death penalty and guns of any kind. The boy that did the shooting got 40 yrs. The rest got much less. He now thinks they should have been put to death. He goes to Florida along with the rest of his family everytime they come up for parole to let the board know they want the killers to stay in jail for their maximum sentences.

Experience is the best teacher. If you or someone you know has not been a victim of violence, you are lucky and don't know what you are talking about.

I have carried a gun for 40yrs. and not once have I pulled it or pointed it at anyone. I shoot regularly and still hunt when I can. Guns, when used for protection are for killing, not pointing or scaring. It is the last resort, no hesitation. The life you save may be yours.

If we outlaw guns and pointy things, the golf club will be next. There will aways be bad people, doing bad things, if you don't mind bad things happening to you, that's fine. I for one don't think I should have to run.

You sound like the type of person that hates the military and LEO, but are glad they do the job for you!

WHAT WILL YOU DO IF THEY ARE NOT THERE AND YOU CAN'T RUN ? :flag::flag::flag:

dprestidge 03-06-2011 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by wolfdogs (Post 1576980908)
actually, I don't think that would considered "concealed". When you are stopped, at least in VA. (correct me if Im wrong LE folks) the officer knows if you have a CWP. The correct thing to do is place your hands at 10 and 2 o'clock on the steering wheel when the officer approaches, after you put your window down if its not, and say "officer, I have a cwp and there is a loaded handgun (tell him where it is leaving your hands on the steering wheel).

Wolfdog, that's the way it use to be in Texas. Now, we have the castle law, which says that your car is an extention of you domain. No CCP needed for your car.:flag::flag::flag:

Boozman 03-06-2011 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by gilly6993 (Post 1576971880)
that's exactly where I would want my gun in case I needed it....behind the passenger seat :rolleyes:

what do you have?....I've got a bodyguard 380....nice little gun

Ruger LCP 380

HANNY 03-06-2011 07:41 PM

i bring her along,,,,altho she does seem to get strip searched alot? not sure why
http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/q...lvBleDPW5h.jpg

Icebear 03-06-2011 07:55 PM

Started reading the thread because it was a little unusual, then it turned out to be really interesting. :thumbs: Do normally have a Ruger LCP in the console. One point I will agree with for sure--NEVER leave the weapon in the vehicle, take it with you.

LionGS 03-06-2011 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Easy Rhino (Post 1576978310)
Good public service reminder there.

When pulled over, I always place both hands on the top of the steering wheel in plain sight with the windows down and do not move until the officer has spoken to me. If at night I turn on the interior lights fully. I also shut down the engine and turn on the emergency flashers. If carrying a PERMITTED gun, I tell the officer straightaway so, where it is, what condition it is (e.g. condtion 2 - its' a 1911 45ACP).

No need I can think of to raise a LEOs blood pressure.

Condition 2? Col. Jeff Copper might be raising his eyebrow.:D

condition one and only