CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   Pistol holster (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/2789751-pistol-holster.html)

RLA 03-05-2011 06:49 PM

Pistol holster

Does anyone make a pistol holster for the c6 with a steering column mount or a behind the passenger seat mount ? Thanks

KenHorse 03-05-2011 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by RLA (Post 1576971685)
Does anyone make a pistol holster for the c6 with a steering column mount or a behind the passenger seat mount ? Thanks

Be kinda difficult since one size DOESN'T fit all.

Besides if one needed quick access, behind the passenger seat is the
LAST place I'd want it...

REVAK 03-05-2011 07:04 PM

I did see one forum member post pictures of his set up. I think it was located between the drivers seat and the tunnel hump near the seat belt buckle. Maybe a search would retrieve the thread.

Boozman 03-05-2011 07:10 PM

I keep mine in the center console a .380 with laser

gilly6993 03-05-2011 07:13 PM

that's exactly where I would want my gun in case I needed it....behind the passenger seat :rolleyes:

Originally Posted by Boozman (Post 1576971857)

what do you have?....I've got a bodyguard 380....nice little gun

vettedoogie 03-05-2011 07:23 PM

Nobody answering....guess there is no such thing.:lurk:

keyplyr 03-05-2011 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by REVAK (Post 1576971814)
I did see one forum member post pictures of his set up. I think it was located between the drivers seat and the tunnel hump near the seat belt buckle.

Between the passenger seat and the tunnel hump.

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/9003/glockd.jpg

Captain TJ 03-05-2011 07:32 PM

Pistol

:

Same here, just kinda worry about the heat in the summer, ususally carry the Kahr PM9:pistols:

RLA 03-05-2011 07:52 PM

Ruger p 89 the pic is a good idea,I will try it

SpryGeezer 03-05-2011 07:56 PM

A Mika's pocket holster in the console or stuffed between passenger seat and console works with a Glock-30 and S&W 640-1.
http://www.frontiernet.net/~akim/

c6coop 03-05-2011 08:12 PM

Kind of brings a new twist to the GS vs. ZL1 thread.
coop

TBD 03-05-2011 08:21 PM

Likely the dumbest question ever posed on this forum.

If the OP had any experience with a gun he/she would never had posted such an inane question.

Cliffs: There are very few generic holsters (and none are proper); guns belong on one's person; there is no such thing as a "steering column" or "behind the seat holster."

gunterwalker 03-05-2011 08:24 PM

I just keep my FNH Five-Seven under my seat.

Gearhead Jim 03-05-2011 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by TBD (Post 1576972393)
Likely the dumbest question ever posed on this forum.

If the OP had any experience with a gun he/she would never had posted such an inane question.

Cliffs: There are very few generic holsters (and none are proper); guns belong on one's person; there is no such thing as a "steering column" or "behind the seat holster."

Hmmm...
Not very tactful, but so very true.

Ursoboostd 03-05-2011 08:29 PM

I always have my S&W 442 (38spl) in my pocket with a Mikes pocket holster, but it also fits in the center console well.

KeyPlyr, are you some sort of LEO? I didn't think it was easy to be able to carry/conseal a gun in CA. -Wade-

Glen220 03-05-2011 08:31 PM

Wear your gun (assuming you legally can), do not seperate it from your body by placing it in your car itself (unless you are wearing one and keep in in the car too).

Glen

keyplyr 03-05-2011 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Ursoboostd (Post 1576972456)
KeyPlyr, are you some sort of LEO? I didn't think it was easy to be able to carry/conseal a gun in CA. -Wade-

I have a "00" classification - license to kill. :yesnod:

(joking - not my pic)

C7Joy 03-05-2011 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by keyplyr (Post 1576971981)

:eek: Woo, rough neighborhood. But that's a tidy solution to the security problem. :thumbs:

Blaq Ops 03-05-2011 09:49 PM

Doesn't it have to be concealed? I carry my glock .45 in the arm rest.:D

Ketchum 03-05-2011 10:20 PM

Mine fits right between d/seat and tunnel. I carry a Keltec 32.

wolfdogs 03-05-2011 10:30 PM

me too... no laser.. a kimber ultra raptor II .45 cal.

florida john 03-05-2011 11:32 PM

I remember another series of posts on this forum last year where some members stated that they carried a pistol in a holster fitted behind the passenger seat. Several questioned the practicality of this.

Although the console is awkward, it seems to be the best place without having an open holster as shown above. Using a cross draw holster is sometimes practical in some cars, but I don't find them practical for the Corvette. I prefer something more substantial than the 32's like my Seecamp or the recent crop of 380's. I wuold love to find a way to fit something into the door pocket if it would be secure when opening and closing the door. No luck with that yet.

TBonez 03-05-2011 11:37 PM

I'm just wondering if Audi, Porsche, BMW or Mercedes have a thread like this in their forums...???

This is one of the threads that makes me want to sell this....this stupid gun-toting stigma shouldn't be attached to the Vette.....and trust me, it's probably one of the nicest Vettes in this whole Damn Forum...and you read about this crap all the time... hey we have fast cars.. if your in a situation you get outta there and then call the cops....enough of the Rambo crap... it's 2011 already.

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w...e/_TOM0252.jpg

KarlK 03-05-2011 11:41 PM

I've got one exactly like that, great location, no drilling, etc. Works great.

Fits my Glock just fine. I only use it in the mount when I'm driving.

When I leave the car, I remove my Glock and carry, push down and remove the holder and toss it in the back.

Arizona, anybody (except felons of course) can carry in a car if the weapon is exposed. Heck ,now, they may be able to carry concealed in a car?

Yup, there is road rage and bad neighborhoods and bad people here in AZ and elsewhere.

Easy Rhino 03-05-2011 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by TBonez (Post 1576973895)
I'm just wondering if Audi, Porsche, BMW or Mercedes have a thread like this in their forums...???

This is yet another reason to own a Vette, IMHO.

BTW, I don't see any problem with a holster mounted to the dash under and slightly to the right of the steering column. COuld be done pretty easily, using a belt holster adapted to a mount screwed to the bottom of the valance panel under the dash.

This could allow a guy (or gal) to have some releif from wearing a pistol chest level/wearing a jacket while driving long distances. I do not agree that keeping one on your body is better if the holster of choice is a hip/belt holster. Uncomfortable.

Ketchum 03-06-2011 01:22 AM

My 6 ounce Keltec 32ACP fits right on the right hand side of the drivers seat. If postioned correctly I can pull it right from the holster with ease. Plus it can't be seen there. It also fits in my pants pocket or jacket. Can't tell I'm carrying.Its smaller then my wallet. I don't need laser sights cause you gonna be real close when it goes off. I do have a carry permit.

vettedoogie 03-06-2011 01:36 AM

This is one of the threads that makes me want to sell this....this stupid gun-toting stigma shouldn't be attached to the Vette.....and trust me, it's probably one of the nicest Vettes in this whole Damn Forum...and you read about this crap all the time... hey we have fast cars.. if your in a situation you get outta there and then call the cops....enough of the Rambo crap... it's 2011 already.

Evidently, what you don't realize is that what you see on this site is nothing. Get used to it.

Whether you are left or right, guns are being bought up in record numbers because of the huge fear being pounded into people on a daily basis. The full blown arsenals that some Americans are building can easily be seen on the internet. It's the wild west all over again only more so. Look around...a LOT of people are carrying right around you whether you know it or not.

Plus, guns are just like hot cars...lots of technical info, feelings of power, danger, different models, materials, calibers, accessories, internet forums/information, etc. It really isn't much different.:pistols:

Ketchum 03-06-2011 02:17 AM

I'm on my 2nd 5 year permit. Toted the gun long before I owned a vette. The gun is a very last resort. I tote it everywhere I go. One of my lady friends, however, says "The U.S.Constitution is my gun license!"

RAT 03-06-2011 03:31 AM

Wow, you want some balloons and a cupcake with that statement? You really have no clue of reality. Of course the best option is to get out of a harmful situation. But that doesn't always pan out does it?

Your best option wouild be to carry on person. If not, your center console would be your second choice. Behind the seat is not the best place if you were in a life or death situation. Your weapon could become snagged and that would defeat it's intire purpose.

Blaq Ops 03-06-2011 03:44 AM

You really think so? :rofl: You are a thug's dream. You can't always run. You're car draws attention no matter where you are. You don't have to be in a bad neighborhood to get jacked.:pistols:

larvette 03-06-2011 04:02 AM

Same here Rugar LCP .380 Auto. :thumbs:

KarlK 03-06-2011 08:30 AM

:lolg::lolg::lolg::lolg::lolg::lolg:

JERGENSEN LS3 03-06-2011 09:07 AM

[QUOTE=TBonez;1576973895]I'm just wondering if Audi, Porsche, BMW or Mercedes have a thread like this in their forums...???

Why so anti-gun ? :toetap:

Why do threads like this make you want to sell your Vette ? :crazy2:

schmegeggie 03-06-2011 09:09 AM

I just ordered seat covers and much to my surprise, that is an option!
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u...ie/guntote.jpg

maxp 03-06-2011 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Blaq Ops (Post 1576974815)
You really think so? :rofl: You are a thug's dream. You can't always run. You're car draws attention no matter where you are. You don't have to be in a bad neighborhood to get jacked.:pistols:

:iagree:

beepster 03-06-2011 09:22 AM

Guns are like money...you never have enough:thumbs:

KBoltz 03-06-2011 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by beepster (Post 1576975700)
Guns are like money...you never have enough:thumbs:

Roger that.

I carry mine in a cross draw shoulder rig (Jackass or Miami Vice) from Galco - I also use the 5.11 Tactical Tshirt with built in ambidextrous shoulder holsters. Just wear a cover shirt or light jacket. I also have a 5.11 Vest setup. I either carry my duty weapon (H&K), or a Springfield XD, or my Wilson Combat KZ45, or (believe it or not) a Taurus 1911 with a Streamlight light/laser combo.

And yes, I am a LEO. And I am one who advocates concealed carry for all law abiding citizens. Don't allow yourselves (or more importantly YOUR FAMILIES) to be victims. Carjackings occur EVERYWHERE

There are three kinds of people:
1. Sheep - too many of these
2. Wolves - too damn many of these too. No offense Wolfdogs:D
3. Sheepdogs - not enough of these.

yellersubvette 03-06-2011 09:47 AM

Hey the guy has a point. I was in a situation last year when two guys wanted to carjack my vette. I started talking nice to them and explained how hard I had worked my whole life for nice stuff and how much I respected them as individuals. We had a good laugh, popped open a couple of 40oz's on the curb, talked about our families and still keep in touch via facebook.
Reality?!?! I spent $200 on ammo last week. Its not a Vette thing its an American thing. I'm going to go out on a limp and bet his liscense plate says I "heart" BARRY. Bottom line pally...it is legal. The stupid and complacent shall be punished.
Even my wife laughed at this. As she laughed she asked "Is this guy for real?"
He'll change his mind if he is ever on the victim end one time.
The only time I have a gun with me is when travelling long distance. I have it in case of a breakdown at night. Never know who might stop to "help".
No CC permit so I keep it in the back locked in a case and seperated from ammo to keep the cops from cuffing me if they pull up. If I had to carry daily, I like KarlK's setup.

dvilin 03-06-2011 09:47 AM

Center console works for me, just a small snub nose 38.

gilhuly 03-06-2011 09:58 AM

:flag: to the OP. Velcro can work for any situation,column, seat,under dash,etc. Better to have a gun and not need it than to need it and not have it. My 2 cnts :thumbs:

Dennis08 03-06-2011 10:16 AM

Ankle holster, always have it on you.

wolfdogs 03-06-2011 10:33 AM

In 1994.. I was sitting in my 94 Trans Am GT in a parking lot at Sams playing with my first cell phone.. they had just activated it.. a bag phone! LOL..remember those? All of a sudden, a ragged old Chevette came flying up and stopped beside my drivers door.. only inches away from my TA.. blocking my exit. A heavy set guy jumped out of the Chevette with a baseball bat and came running around to the passenger side door ... as he reached for the door handle (it was locked.. no telling what he planned next) I retrieved my Colt Mustang .380 from my center console and pointed it at his face point blank.... his eyes got big as half dollars, he froze for a second... then went flying back to his car and sped off. I called 911 on the new phone. They caught him merging on the interstate and asked me to come down and ID him...which I did. Turns out he had carjacked and wounded a lady in DC for that old Chevette...

TScottTX 03-06-2011 10:48 AM

And here I thought that was what the center console was made for. Convenient when driving snug in our bolstered seats when it may be difficult to access your weapon if on your person. BTW, best to keep a lot of loose junk away from the trigger guard. For those who are appalled that Corvette owners may be carrying a weapon, it's just another tool, kinda like a bottle of bug remover for those roadside emergencies.

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/9579/p1000942k.jpg

QbnSuperman 03-06-2011 10:52 AM

bodyguard 380 (the new s&w with laser) in the center console

vettedoogie 03-06-2011 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by QbnSuperman (Post 1576976514)
bodyguard 380 (the new s&w with laser) in the center console

Isn't that kind of pea-shooter for you? What load are you carrying?

CQRT 03-06-2011 11:37 AM

Between law enforcement and concealed carry laws, I've been able to carry for more than 30 years and still have the old 5 shot S&W Chief I carried off duty and plain clothes.

With a suede 'inside the waistband' holster, it fits perfectly between the drivers seat and the console -- then easy to stick inside my slacks getting out of the car. I'm hardly 'slim', and wearing it it this car with limited space is simply uncomfortable for me.

I've used ankle rigs, but with the limited space inside the Vette and the fact we wear shorts for a longer period of the year, the waistband works better for me.

But to each their own - - seems like a matter of weapon size, owner size and personal preference.

Scruff Vette 03-06-2011 11:50 AM

Old school here. S&W Model 60 Chiefs Special 5 shot in .38 cal.
It's reassuring to know it'll go bang when you pull the trigger. :yesnod:

[IMG]http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/...tt/VetteSW.jpg[/IMG]

goatts 03-06-2011 12:19 PM

You better hurry and sell that vette before your image is totaly ruined! I don't "pack heat" but I will tell you it is there to save your life (and your wife if she's with you) as a last resort when you can't call the cops or run (read Wolfdogs post). And besides everbody knows Rambo drives a Mustang.

KenHorse 03-06-2011 12:22 PM

Just wow......

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1.../CluePhone.jpg

KBoltz 03-06-2011 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by goatts (Post 1576977366)
You better hurry and sell that vette before your image is totaly ruined! I don't "pack heat" but I will tell you it is there to save your life (and your wife if she's with you) as a last resort when you can't call the cops or run (read Wolfdogs post). And besides everbody knows Rambo drives a Mustang.

No he doesn't drive a Mustang - he drove a chopped and channeled 50 Merc with a flat black paint job. :rock:

Radioman 03-06-2011 12:29 PM

DADT...:thumbs: except the COPS.

LionGS 03-06-2011 12:34 PM

Just wish I was able to even have the problem of finding a place to store a wheelgun in the vette.:sad:

Sadly, my state (and esp my city) does not agree with the 2nd. amendment.

LionGS 03-06-2011 12:37 PM

Check out wolfdogs post on page three.

When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.

Also, driving away? What about when you are walking to or walking away from your vette? Does not matter how fast the cars are then.

4thC4at60 03-06-2011 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by TScottTX (Post 1576976466)
And here I thought that was what the center console was made for. Convenient when driving snug in our bolstered seats when it may be difficult to access your weapon if on your person. BTW, best to keep a lot of loose junk away from the trigger guard. For those who are appalled that Corvette owners may be carrying a weapon, it's just another tool, kinda like a bottle of bug remover for those roadside emergencies.

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/9579/p1000942k.jpg

Your console compartment is so neat I'm embarrassed. Mine looks like something the Joad's would have had.

For those who care: My carry gun is a Colt Defender in .45 ACP with Crimson Trace laser grips. And yes, I have a CHL.

sugarlandc6 03-06-2011 12:59 PM

Sig P229 40S&W w/Crimson Trace Laser grips in the center console for me!

goatts 03-06-2011 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by KBoltz (Post 1576977398)
No he doesn't drive a Mustang - he drove a chopped and channeled 50 Merc with a flat black paint job. :rock:

Here you go bro:

http://www.stangtv.com/news/sylveste...at-scottsdale/

http://jjb.yuku.com/topic/541069

iridelow 03-06-2011 01:24 PM

LEO for the last 25 years and I always have the 4 following things with me.
1. keys
2. wallet
3. cell phone
4. GUN! Off duty, Ruger 380

As an LEO, I have no problem with citizens who carry a gun (lawfully).
But, if you are ever stopped or confronted by the Po Po, please advise them you are armed with proper paperwork avalaible. They will appreciate it and treat you with respect. Now, if you carry unlawfully, you should go streight to jail and not pass go on your way!:thumbs:

KBoltz 03-06-2011 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by goatts (Post 1576977776)

That thing is hideously ugly. I was referring to the 50 Merc he drove in the movie Cobra. That had plenty of room for an arsenal.

KenHorse 03-06-2011 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by iridelow (Post 1576977946)
But, if you are ever stopped or confronted by the Po Po, please advise them you are armed with proper paperwork avalaible. They will appreciate it and treat you with respect. Now, if you carry unlawfully, you should go streight to jail and not pass go on your way!:thumbs:

I've been stopped before (for speed), placed both hands on the wheel and informed the LEO I had a CCW, was carrying and waited for further instruction.

Let me off with a warning

4GS7 03-06-2011 01:28 PM

A. This thread is NOT representative of all Corvette owners. I don't understand where you get this image of Corvette owners to be gun-toting idiots.

B. Plenty of luxury car owners I know carry as well. Which, in all honesty, makes sense, seeing as where I live, only the wealthy and powerful have the clout to get CCWs. They may not have these threads, but it does NOT mean that the man in the suit that runs a hedge fund does not have a P229 stashed in his 750i.

C. Your car ain't ****. You have wheels and some nonfunctional aero stuff. BFD. So there might be a cam or a centri under the hood. Still not impressed. The nicest cars on the board tend to be widebodies, making 550+whp, running wheels that cost in the 5k+ range, with 15k+ Caravaggio interiors.

D. When a pickup truck blocks your path with the intent of car jacking you, all that speed won't be worth a damn. Calling the cops is a great idea, if you're fortuitous enough to have a LEO down the block from you.

tnbeast 03-06-2011 01:58 PM

Now I feel bad to irvbuldogs response I just have a lonely base model but I am going to install the Gun Turret next week so I should be ok.:rofl:flag:

Although I do not carry myself I have no problem with a "responsible" person protecting themselves or their families

I love my Corvette

Easy Rhino 03-06-2011 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by iridelow (Post 1576977946)

Good public service reminder there.

When pulled over, I always place both hands on the top of the steering wheel in plain sight with the windows down and do not move until the officer has spoken to me. If at night I turn on the interior lights fully. I also shut down the engine and turn on the emergency flashers. If carrying a PERMITTED gun, I tell the officer straightaway so, where it is, what condition it is (e.g. condtion 2 - its' a 1911 45ACP).

No need I can think of to raise a LEOs blood pressure.

REVAK 03-06-2011 02:07 PM

I've had a concealed carry permit in Pa. for 34 years. For ease of concealment I like my Walther PPK .380 . When they get really rude, the old school Colt trooper .357 has both a report and a muzzle flash that leaves an impression. I have been an NRA member for over 35 years, I am pro law enforcement, pro US military, and yes , pro gun ownership for law abiding citizens. While I respect an individuals decision not to own firearms, I expect my rights and decisions regarding such to be respected without derogatory comment. Rant over.

Easy Rhino 03-06-2011 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by REVAK (Post 1576978377)
I've had a concealed carry permit in Pa. for 34 years. For ease of concealment I like my Walther PPK .380 . When they get really rude, the old school Colt trooper .357 has both a report and a muzzle flash that leaves an impression. I have been an NRA member for over 35 years, I am pro law enforcement, pro US military, and yes , pro gun ownership for law abiding citizens. While I respect an individuals decision not to own firearms, I expect my rights and decisions regarding such to be respected without derogatory comment. Rant over.

:thumbs:

Blaq Ops 03-06-2011 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by irvbulldogs72 (Post 1576978001)
C. Your car ain't ****. You have wheels and some nonfunctional aero stuff. BFD. So there might be a cam or a centri under the hood. Still not impressed. The nicest cars on the board tend to be widebodies, making 550+whp, running wheels that cost in the 5k+ range, with 15k+ Caravaggio interiors.

:spit::spit::lolg::lolg::lolg::lolg:

vt65 03-06-2011 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by REVAK (Post 1576978377)

I just hope that 1 of you guys are around if i have a problem while visiting your neck of the woods, as a non-gun toting Canadian this thread makes me a tad paranoid, even if i did carry I sure as he!! wouldn't try to cross the border with my woosie little Baretta!.....:canadaflag:

talionstallion21 03-06-2011 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by vt65 (Post 1576978695)
.......... my woosie little Baretta!.....:canadaflag:

I take offense to that! I am a Beretta carrying Italian and have all the flavors from 380 to 45. High quality semi-auto that will make you bleed just like all the others!!:cheers:

vt65 03-06-2011 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by talionstallion21 (Post 1576979107)
I take offense to that! I am a Beretta carrying Italian and have all the flavors from 380 to 45. High quality semi-auto that will make you bleed just like all the others!!:cheers:

oh yah! ... :iagree:

pbass6811 03-06-2011 05:48 PM

An interesting thread...

I don't post on here much because I don't yet own a Corvette, a situation I plan on rectifying later this year when the money is there, I do drive an SRT-8 Grand Cherokee and I do carry(Kimber Ultra Carry-.45ACP). I usually carry on me, since that makes the most sense to me, but I do put it in the console when I go to work. If you don't want to carry a firearm, that is totally your choice and we respect your decision, however, please offer those of us who are legally able to carry and choose to do so the same courtesy & respect. To me, a gun is one of those things that it's better to have one and not need it, than need it and not have it...:thumbs:

reidry 03-06-2011 06:16 PM

I have thought quite a bit about a holster installation in the C6. Other than the center console or glove box, nothing met my criteria. I wanted to have access from the seated position and have the weapon completely hidden from sight. Decided to go with on body (legally permitted with CHL). Bought some shirts from 5.11 tactical with the document pocket and carry a North American Arms .22 magnum there with my Springfield .45 1911 or Walther PPS in less accessible (from seated position) mode of carry.

Ryan

Rich Mickol 03-06-2011 06:30 PM

Would not want to be stopped by the cops, legal or otherwise.

wolfdogs 03-06-2011 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Rich Mickol (Post 1576980795)

actually, I don't think that would considered "concealed". When you are stopped, at least in VA. (correct me if Im wrong LE folks) the officer knows if you have a CWP. The correct thing to do is place your hands at 10 and 2 o'clock on the steering wheel when the officer approaches, after you put your window down if its not, and say "officer, I have a cwp and there is a loaded handgun (tell him where it is leaving your hands on the steering wheel).

MagnaBob 03-06-2011 06:58 PM

In my M3 I keep my M4 with a fully auto conversion kit I bought from some Lithuanian dude I met at the "Soldier of Fortune" online forum. I have a Taurus Judge modified to shoot RPG's in my Corvette. If a menacing scumbag approaches, be he Leo, Scorpio, liberal or centrist GOP, I'm waxing his ass. I drip testosterone and single barrel bourbon from every pore and my fists and forearms are permanently stained dark red from the blood of those I beat to death in bar fights. I have a redundant supply of liquid viagara I keep in an infusion pump that's riveted to my scrotum and a dozen rough rider condoms in a bandalero I wear under my kevlar vest. My car has Jato boosters and can go over 400 mph in school zones....yatta yatta yatta But seriously, what's the best detailing spray for Jetstream Blue?

2kvetmy 03-06-2011 07:17 PM

FYI

Do not leave your weapon visible in your vette.

One of our group locked his fob in the trunk(had passive lock on),and, we called a locksmith; the guy took a long piece of eletrical cable,ran it down the inside of the passenger window,pulled on the emergency door handle, bingo, right in.

My Avalanche got opened similarly in Memphis,no damage at all, and they took my Taurus 38

Beware!!!!!!!!!!!

dprestidge 03-06-2011 07:24 PM

SELL IT AND BUY A VOLT, no one will carjack that!

A friend of mine, (social worker, allways wanted to help people), felt just like you, till his sister-in-law was killed in Florida by a 16 yr old and his 5 buddies. They were getting in a gang and just needed someone to KILL. She was closing the gate to the driveway, while her husband pulled though. They just walked up and shot her.

He was against the death penalty and guns of any kind. The boy that did the shooting got 40 yrs. The rest got much less. He now thinks they should have been put to death. He goes to Florida along with the rest of his family everytime they come up for parole to let the board know they want the killers to stay in jail for their maximum sentences.

Experience is the best teacher. If you or someone you know has not been a victim of violence, you are lucky and don't know what you are talking about.

I have carried a gun for 40yrs. and not once have I pulled it or pointed it at anyone. I shoot regularly and still hunt when I can. Guns, when used for protection are for killing, not pointing or scaring. It is the last resort, no hesitation. The life you save may be yours.

If we outlaw guns and pointy things, the golf club will be next. There will aways be bad people, doing bad things, if you don't mind bad things happening to you, that's fine. I for one don't think I should have to run.

You sound like the type of person that hates the military and LEO, but are glad they do the job for you!

WHAT WILL YOU DO IF THEY ARE NOT THERE AND YOU CAN'T RUN ? :flag::flag::flag:

dprestidge 03-06-2011 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by wolfdogs (Post 1576980908)
actually, I don't think that would considered "concealed". When you are stopped, at least in VA. (correct me if Im wrong LE folks) the officer knows if you have a CWP. The correct thing to do is place your hands at 10 and 2 o'clock on the steering wheel when the officer approaches, after you put your window down if its not, and say "officer, I have a cwp and there is a loaded handgun (tell him where it is leaving your hands on the steering wheel).

Wolfdog, that's the way it use to be in Texas. Now, we have the castle law, which says that your car is an extention of you domain. No CCP needed for your car.:flag::flag::flag:

Boozman 03-06-2011 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by gilly6993 (Post 1576971880)
that's exactly where I would want my gun in case I needed it....behind the passenger seat :rolleyes:

what do you have?....I've got a bodyguard 380....nice little gun

Ruger LCP 380

HANNY 03-06-2011 07:41 PM

i bring her along,,,,altho she does seem to get strip searched alot? not sure why
http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/q...lvBleDPW5h.jpg

Icebear 03-06-2011 07:55 PM

Started reading the thread because it was a little unusual, then it turned out to be really interesting. :thumbs: Do normally have a Ruger LCP in the console. One point I will agree with for sure--NEVER leave the weapon in the vehicle, take it with you.

LionGS 03-06-2011 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Easy Rhino (Post 1576978310)
Good public service reminder there.

When pulled over, I always place both hands on the top of the steering wheel in plain sight with the windows down and do not move until the officer has spoken to me. If at night I turn on the interior lights fully. I also shut down the engine and turn on the emergency flashers. If carrying a PERMITTED gun, I tell the officer straightaway so, where it is, what condition it is (e.g. condtion 2 - its' a 1911 45ACP).

No need I can think of to raise a LEOs blood pressure.

Condition 2? Col. Jeff Copper might be raising his eyebrow.:D

condition one and only

victory2k8z 03-06-2011 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Rich Mickol (Post 1576980795)

You disclose that there is a weapon in the vehicle if asked.

It's your constitutional right as an american to bear arms :flag:

H &K .45 & Walther PPK (Sidearm and Vehicle)

Also own a Desert Eagle, Ar15, and a Barrett .50cal riffle (Anti-Tank rounds included)

usraptor 03-06-2011 08:10 PM

S&W 9mm 4" auto fits real nice in the center console. One in the pipe and 12 in the mag :thumbs:

Max EPR 03-06-2011 08:25 PM

When I travel I always have a gun close to me. That did freak a young Washington State trooper once though. I keep it under that arm rest and it's usually a SIG P220 in 45APC. I have the license but when in states that do not honor it I still keep the gun close.

When traveling any real distance I carry a second hand gun in a brief case and that goes into the motel room with me.

I'm getting old. That gun makes me the equal of a young tough. The law agrees with that. It's easy for an old guy to convince a jury that he feared for his life and limb when facing a much younger man.

You are responsible for your own security. Always.

Ursoboostd 03-06-2011 08:27 PM

TBoneZ sounds like a lost cause to me, so I'm not even gonna go there......

I love seeing threads like this. I'm a huge 2nd amendment supporter and an official gun nut. -Wade-

AO-08 03-06-2011 08:32 PM

wonderin

S&W bodyguard?:thumbs:

pbass6811 03-06-2011 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by Icebear (Post 1576981594)
Started reading the thread because it was a little unusual, then it turned out to be really interesting. :thumbs: Do normally have a Ruger LCP in the console. One point I will agree with for sure--NEVER leave the weapon in the vehicle, take it with you.

Sometimes, that's just not possible. I'd carry my Kimber into my store if I wasn't working, but I can't do it if I'm working. You also can't carry into a school or a government bldg. Take it with you when the situation allows...:yesnod:

vettedoogie 03-06-2011 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Ursoboostd (Post 1576981876)
TBoneZ sounds like a lost cause to me, so I'm not even gonna go there......

I love seeing threads like this. I'm a huge 2nd amendment supporter and an official gun nut. -Wade-

I don't really blame folks for not realizing just how pervasive the gun culture is. It isn't a matter of him being a "lost cause" - it is a matter of not having any involvement or real knowledge in that culture. Just like the vast majority of people aren't involved in the Ferrari culture or the bow and arrow culture.

keyplyr 03-06-2011 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by vettedoogie (Post 1576982123)
I don't really blame folks for not realizing just how pervasive the gun culture is. It isn't a matter of him being a "lost cause" - it is a matter of not having any involvement or real knowledge in that culture. Just like the vast majority of people aren't involved in the Ferrari culture or the bow and arrow culture.

Hey - I resemble that remark :lol:

K.Shupe 03-06-2011 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by LionGS (Post 1576981643)
Condition 2? Col. Jeff Copper might be raising his eyebrow.:D

condition one and only

Also, I want mine strapped to me. If things go bad and I need to leave the Vette I want my 1911 and a spare magazine with me not in the car........

Pinky... 03-06-2011 10:55 PM

*sniff sniff* I smell a liberal!

Xtremespeed 03-06-2011 10:58 PM

I bought a magnetic strip at a gun show last year for my bass boat. It's about an inch wide and 3 inches long. You can mount them under the dash and the top of an automatic slide stick's to it, and won't come loose. It's very strong. To get the gun loose, you simply twist the gun and it comes right off. Would probably work really well in a Vette if you are carrying an auto. I usually carry my Kahr PM40. Sorry for the quality of the pic. It was taken with a cell phone.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a1...D720/ry%3D480/

Garret 03-07-2011 12:25 AM

WTF , do you really need a gun in the car in order to drive it? If yes, then move!

shelleygraham 03-07-2011 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by Blaq Ops (Post 1576974815)

Can I ask a question.hould a woman with a nice vete get a gun ? I try not to go out alone at night but I am alone out during the day. My mom always worries about this !!! My husband is in law enforcement but not with me most of the time.Should I take the course and get a gun. The thoughts of it makes me nervous. I am so trustworthy too much probably. Help. You guys make me real nervous after reading this thread. Thanks.

shelleygraham 03-07-2011 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by garret (Post 1576983771)
wtf , do you really need a gun in the car in order to drive it? If yes, then move!

I agree with you 100 % . Thank you !!!

Blaq Ops 03-07-2011 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by shelleygraham (Post 1576983772)
Can I ask a question.hould a woman with a nice vete get a gun ? I try not to go out alone at night but I am alone out during the day. My mom always worries about this !!! My husband is in law enforcement but not with me most of the time.Should I take the course and get a gun. The thoughts of it makes me nervous. I am so trustworthy too much probably. Help. You guys make me real nervous after reading this thread. Thanks.

My wife is 5'2" and about 110lbs. She carries a glock .40 :D

Licit 03-07-2011 02:07 AM

Originally Posted by Garret (Post 1576983771)
WTF , do you really need a gun in the car in order to drive it? If yes, then move!

That's one of the first thoughts I had when reading this thread. Hell I've seen people chastised on here for driving their vette to wal mart. Made me wonder if some were taking a joy ride through Compton or Cabrini Green. I guess I'm lucky to live in a college town where the only "thugs" move down here from Detroit and try to run the drug game. They at least stay where they belong though in the crappy housing areas, and that is only until they end up in jail for some stupidity.

Blaq Ops 03-07-2011 02:15 AM

I feel it absolutely necessary to be 100% LEGAL! My wife and I both have concealed weapons permits. I always make it a point to make sure this is the very first thing I tell an officer when I am pulled over. It has happened a few times and EVERY officer I have encountered has been more than nice in these situations.
For those of you that say "don't drive in bad neighborhoods", do you really think these young hoodlums stay confined to only the impoverished areas to do their crimes? Where would the profit be in robbing broke people. They are opportunist and usually move into the more affluent areas to pick their victims. Then they can run and hide in the hood.
For those that think that it will NEVER happen to you, all it takes is ONCE for you to be victimized and you may not get a second chance. You don't know where your car will get a flat or break down. If I was a thug, I'm not robbing the man getting in the Fiesta. I'm robbing the one in the vette!! I've been robbed before and felt helpless!! I was approached quickly by 5 BOZOS. I'll never forget what one of them said to me. "Everything in the world that's yours, I want!!" That was the last day that I would be a willing victim.
I'm not saying that you need to carry a gun, but don't knock my right to carry mine. :pistols::pistols:

enzo550m 03-07-2011 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by shelleygraham (Post 1576983819)
I agree with you 100 % . Thank you !!!

Agree! GM ought to offer a holster option...just the thing for those with insufficient firepower between their legs!:iagree:

keyplyr 03-07-2011 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by enzo550m (Post 1576984143)
GM ought to offer a holster option...just the thing for those with insufficient firepower between their legs!

:eek:

Xtremespeed 03-07-2011 06:43 AM

Please don't think for one second that you are safe because you live and drive in nice neighborhoods. What better place to attack someone. People in these areas are more likely to have money, jewelry, nice cars, and worst of all, the attitude that, " it can't or won't happen to me." It's the sad reality of the world we live in. A place and time where people kill as an initiation to a gang or just because they hate what you have accomplished in your life that they haven't. Think about it for a second. The best place to attack someone is the place they would least expect, and it happens all the time. This is not some back woods, gun toting mentality. This is not a compensation for a lack of manhood as someone suggested. This is an educated response to a sad reality we see and read about in the news everyday, and a refusal to be a victim of a violent crime, just because we can't accept the reality that anyone, anywhere, at anytime, can be killed for absolutely no reason and the statistics prove it. Educate yourself. Take some classes and become comfortable and competent with a handgun, and when that one situation you're not sure how you got into, because it happened so fast in a nice neighborhood arises, you'll survive. The people who commit these crimes have everything planned out. They know exactly how to achieve a desired response. The one thing they don't often plan for is the could be victim that is armed and ready to defend themselves.