CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Car Care Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/car-care-discussion-10/)
-   -   z06 emblem on seat (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/car-care-discussion/2783857-z06-emblem-on-seat.html)

JRB 02-24-2011 07:38 PM

z06 emblem on seat

Hey guys what do I need to clean seat emblem kind of dull.

Rich Mickol 02-26-2011 11:07 PM

Not sure. When ever I do the seats (Zaino) I work around them. Lets see what the experts have to say. :lurk:

Mine's not a Z06. It's a regular coupe.

JRB 02-27-2011 06:52 AM

what color should stiching on emblem be for ebony seats white or gray thanks.

capevettes 02-27-2011 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by JRB (Post 1576908708)
what color should stiching on emblem be for ebony seats white or gray thanks.

It's a silvery gray. Big red Z in the middle. They are not white. I really try to avoid them when I do the seats. They are too pretty to mess with.

JRB 02-27-2011 09:44 AM

thankyou, I was thinking if white something might have been sprayed on emblem.

agentf1 02-27-2011 10:47 AM

I was told that Leatherique will work on them but I usually go around them since mine has never needed cleaning.

The first thing I would try is Z9 or a cleaner like Spray Nine lightly on a clean white terry cloth towel and lightly wipe emblem and dry with same. Obviously the Z9 would be safer if it gets on the leather. I have used Spray Nine on leather in severe conditions but I DO NOT recommend it especially on something like a vette. If I used it on the leather it was usually on a beater and my last resort. ;)

TOGWT 02-28-2011 07:15 AM

Leather Stitching

Try to avoid getting leather chemicals on the stitching or in the seams as it can discolour some threads. If the chemical gets in between panels, it may be difficult to get it out. This may even weaken the backing at the seams.

Leather stitching is usually cotton and nylon mix, nylon is attacked by solvents, they melt it and weaken the threads. An oil-based product will attract abrasive dirt and permeated the leather via the stitching, the oil will soften the leather, and the abrasive dirt plus friction may cause the leather to tear and / or the stitching to fail. Do not use a solvent-based cleaner as this may cause the stitching to fail over time
Stitching is somewhat friable if subjected to excessive abrasion.

Bearing this in mind the cleaner needs to ‘do the work’ without relying on friction; clean stitching using a medium / hard horse hair brush, a toothbrush or a sponge, spray and work the water-based cleaner into a foam or use Leather Masters™ Foam Cleaner, lightly rub surface and immediately wipe with a terry towel to remove excess moisture. You may need to repeat this process.

Once the stitching and the seating surfaces are clean apply Leather Masters™ Leather Protection this will help to keep the stitching clean and inhibit the ingress of dirt and soil

Innovative714 02-28-2011 03:57 PM

Try using a little bit of 'Woolite" on an ultra soft natural brush (boars hair works great), do not scrub to hard, but using the brush delicately clean the stitching. Soak a MF towel in hot water and ring out, using this to wipe and dab up the Woolite from the stitching as you go. Again be delicate as this stitching can fray or unravel if you are too aggressive in your cleaning technique.....Do not treat the stitching with any leather conditioner whatsoever, this will just cause more dirt to gather and cause the custom stitching to fail over time.

JRB 02-28-2011 05:07 PM

what great information as always thanks JRB