CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C3 Tech/Performance (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c3-tech-performance-3/)
-   -   Anyone have a Keisler RS 500/600? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c3-tech-performance/2773376-anyone-have-a-keisler-rs-500-600-a.html)

AJ123 01-18-2014 01:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by karol (Post 1585950886)
This has to be one of the most idiotic posts ever made on this forum.

And as far as some secret personal text address, it is posted on his web site.

Sorry Airborne that is a lot of $ to lose.:(

Well it wasn't a secrete personal address. I had great luck with them. after I posted I saw that they were in chapter 7.
I guess you have always been correct. What a way to make yourself look like a genius. Personal attacks like this is why people go to other sites. You make all the other members look bad that they allow you to insult people. Feel sorry for you and thank all the other members for their help.

I feel bad that he lost money.These people made their transmission

http://www.tremec.com/

Flowmaster had them at Famosa drag strip. A los Angeles dealer

Priya 01-18-2014 01:12 PM

AJ123, Tremec only made one of Keisler's transmissions, they also had the RS400-600 and the SS700 which were unrelated to Tremec.

AJ123 01-18-2014 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Priya (Post 1585952995)
AJ123, Tremec only made one of Keisler's transmissions, they also had the RS400-600 and the SS700 which were unrelated to Tremec.

They made my tko 600 is why I mentioned that trying to help. The one flow master had at the drags I was told that particular dealer had bought transmission as exclusive dealer . They had up grades and what looked similar to the SS700. When I hit the next drag race I will get their email.

Thanks
Knowledge gained

Keisler Automotive 01-19-2014 01:46 PM

Important Message from Keisler Engineering Inc.

Dear Members,

Please read this important message from Keisler Engineering here:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Keisl...g/224383866884

I cannot provide further comments about KE at this time. The Trustee visited with us yesterday, and communication will be forthcoming shortly.

AJ123 01-19-2014 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Keisler Automotive (Post 1585960449)
Dear Members,

I cannot provide further comments about KE at this time. The Trustee visited with us yesterday, and communication will be forthcoming shortly.

Lol sucks

AJ123 01-19-2014 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by Richard454 (Post 1585949485)
I don't get your post?? LOL that they are chapter 7?
Your 5 year warranty just ran out....Is THAT funny?

Oh- just because their website is still up- means nothing- You usually pay for it a year upfront...

The lol was dam I didn't know. After I read that they were in chapter 7. I saw it posted in insults first. That was me laughing at myself for not knowing they were in 7.
I guess some of the members here are ready to insult instead of passing on information. Your number three on this topic. One sent me a personal message.

Bad ambassadors for Corvette forum? What do you think?

After saying that
Nice to meet you
Kick back relax have a beer
Hope you have a nice day .:cheers:

bashcraft 01-20-2014 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by AJ123 (Post 1585963972)
The lol was dam I didn't know...

Bad ambassadors for Corvette forum? What do you think?

I think you need to learn how to phrase your posts so you don't make yourself look like an idiot.

zuendler 01-20-2014 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by APGENE (Post 1585963368)
Yup it's never been his fault. Like when I worked for him always someone else's fault

Thatīs what i thought when I readed his giant statement on facebook.
If you would ask "5x why" the responsibility often comes back to you.

In october I was in need for a new tranny, my first choice was Keisler - but as they stated me that I would have to wait at least 6 weeks, plus the advice and experience of other people (that I should double that waiting time) let me switch to another vendor.
Back then i wrote that I have never a good feeling when you have to pay 50% oder 100% months before the shipping happens.
And I think that was the truth, maybe Keisler was not able to pay the suppliers and needed the money of the new customers to pay and produce the previous ones.
So I had good luck - I would have lost some grants. :eek:
Im sorry for all others who will loose their money and for all employees at Keisler. Now the other big 2 have an easyer game to play. Not so good for us customers.

69ttop502 01-20-2014 08:17 AM

Bernie Madoff is doing time for running his business the exact same way was Keisler was running theirs. No difference at all.

Garys 68 01-20-2014 08:32 AM

Kinda reminds me of the saying;
"The only thing in common with all your bad relationships....is you"

Originally Posted by APGENE (Post 1585963368)
Yup it's never been his fault. Like when I worked for him always someone else's fault

AJ123 01-20-2014 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by bashcraft (Post 1585966028)
I think you need to learn how to phrase your posts so you don't make yourself look like an idiot.

like I said before
Glad to meet you.
Insulting people seams to be what a few people do on this site. Sad that you are one of them.
If it makes you feel good make yourself look like an idiot also. You seam to be doing a good job. This is a good place for you to bash people not make friends. Enjoy your day. Thanks for your opinion to prove my point.

diehrd 01-20-2014 08:41 AM

It really angers me to see a company take money and then screw the people who gave it in good faith. I posted on his face book , and not a post of it is sad to see you go.. He is a crook and I hope he has a cell next to good Old Madoff , most likely not going to happen but one can hope.

Priya 01-20-2014 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by 69ttop502 (Post 1585966226)
Bernie Madoff is doing time for running his business the exact same way was Keisler was running theirs. No difference at all.

I'm sorry for those that lost money but can we have a little objectivity and honesty here? I read Keisler's facebook post too and its obvious to me there was crooked competitors that contributed to Keisler going out of business (if they weren't solely responsible for it) and there was nothing Keisler could do about its suppliers being unable to meet their demand for products. Keisler intended to provide people with a product for their money but were unable to make that happen and not for a lack of trying - that's not "the exact same way" Madoff did business. The people that are screaming the loudest about this aren't the one's that lost money(apgene, etc.). Shafi Keisler didn't make money off of this venture, he'd stopped taking a salary and had to sell his home to try and make a go of it. The only winners here are the dishonest business people that couldn't sell their products based on its merits and so told lies about their competitors like "Keisler doesn't do anything to the used transmission cores they get in, they just sell them to their customers as is."(American Powertrain)
:hide:

AJ123 01-20-2014 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Priya (Post 1585967713)
I'm sorry for those that lost money but can we have a little objectivity and honesty here? I read Keisler's facebook post too and its obvious to me there was crooked competitors that contributed to Keisler going out of business (if they weren't solely responsible for it) and there was nothing Keisler could do about its suppliers being unable to meet their demand for products. Keisler intended to provide people with a product for their money but were unable to make that happen and not for a lack of trying - that's not "the exact same way" Madoff did business. The people that are screaming the loudest about this aren't the one's that lost money(apgene, etc.). Shafi Keisler didn't make money off of this venture, he'd stopped taking a salary and had to sell his home to try and make a go of it. The only winners here are the dishonest business people that couldn't sell their products based on its merits and so told lies about their competitors like "Keisler doesn't do anything to the used transmission cores they get in, they just sell them to their customers as is."(American Powertrain)

I am being attacked because I got a good product from him. My last two years of warranty are gone. I have lost. Are the ones in the lynch mob out any money. I really doubt it. We will all know more as time goes on. I agree .

I paid with a credit card. If something goes wrong with my transmission it is now on me.

Keisler Automotive 01-20-2014 12:23 PM

Priya,

You are spot on about the competitors. In fact, the one you mention above (AP) has their agent on this thread - APGENE. This person, Gene Charsha, was genuinely dishonest and we had to sue him in Knox County Chancery Court in 2012 ... and won. In his deposition under oath, he revealed a number of things about working for the competition AP, including that he took 1.4 Million dollars of orders. I will be releasing the full transcript of the trial in a blog and make people aware of the truly crooked acts and loathsome people involved in selling these transmissions. Their mode of operation is all about getting the sale, getting the buck and screwing the other guy. There is no shame in what they do or how they do it. In fact, this scum bag Charsha attacked me on the highway last Thursday morning, trying to ram my truck at 60mph on Pellissippi Parkway. He was a total lunatic - all over the road putting many other people at risk of getting hurt and had traffic slowed down to 10mph at one time, along with slamming brakes in front of me trying to cause an accident. 911 got calls, and I got it on video and the Alcoa Police are informed and I will be filing charges shortly and will make this public as well for people to know more about Charsha. These are the people AP employ ... and this is how they do business.

Regarding KE, as the President and CEO it is my responsibility for the company, the customers and vendors, the employees. There was absolutely NO intent to fraud or take from customers. As my statement mentioned, the decision to cease operations was made within just days. In fact, I had just brought in a very large amount of capital in the form of cash and nearly 100 transmissions to the company from Liberty Gears just a little over a month prior. KE had shipped over 1000 transmissions in 2013.

I had a very good meeting with the Trustee for KE's case today and he has indicated we will work swiftly together for the benefit of the creditors and finding the right buyer for the large number of assets at KE.

tom00799 01-20-2014 12:26 PM

Well put.

Keisler Automotive 01-20-2014 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by AJ123 (Post 1585968012)
I am being attacked because I got a good product from him. My last two years of warranty are gone. I have lost. Are the ones in the lynch mob out any money. I really doubt it. We will all know more as time goes on. I agree .

I paid with a credit card. If something goes wrong with my transmission it is now on me.

AJ123,

Please do not be too concerned. Liberty Gear can service the RS easily. And I am also working to increase this support network.

Les 01-20-2014 12:34 PM

What part of the statements above justifies what is described below? Good luck explaining that. :bs

Originally Posted by APGENE (Post 1585948259)
You guys that are out need to contact the Tennessee dept of consumer affairs. He had done this to at least 100. He charged 4500 to a friends credit card on Thursday the day he shut down.

Originally Posted by APGENE (Post 1585948413)
Which is illegal he is to have parts in stock before he can take deposits. He was taking deposits or full money and wouldnt or never shipped.

Keisler Automotive 01-20-2014 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Les (Post 1585968143)
What part of the statements above justifies what is described below? Good luck explaining that. :bs

Les,

If the poster was a rational, honest or decent person I would address it, but this poster is not. In fact it is the same filthy scum that I referenced above and in the case Keisler Engineering vs. Gene Charsha whereby the court granted relief to KE for Charsha's loathsome behavior while employed for AP - American Powertrain. The records will be made public soon and you be the judge.

No one stole anything. The company came to a halt for the reasons mentioned. Now the Trustee and I are working to find the buyer to put the assets back to work.

Priya 01-20-2014 01:17 PM

So, Apgene is one of those liars from American Powertrain who tried to order me not to buy from their competition.

noonie 01-20-2014 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by APGENE (Post 1585948259)
You guys that are out need to contact the Tennessee dept of consumer affairs. He had done this to at least 100. He charged 4500 to a friends credit card on Thursday the day he shut down.

Originally Posted by APGENE (Post 1585948413)
Which is illegal he is to have parts in stock before he can take deposits. He was taking deposits or full money and wouldnt or never shipped.

Originally Posted by Les (Post 1585968143)

A lot of BS flying here.
There are approx 600 creditors and almost all are customers who gave deposits.
Someone obviously had plenty of time to see the writing on the wall and probably knew full well orders could not be filled, at least as promised. All companies face problems from time to time, but all don't default on their customers.

Just because Chapter 7 was filed doesn't mean it will be granted and discharged in whole.
If I had placed especially a very recent order and deposit, I would at least file an "Objections to Discharge" with the court and also contact the Trustee personally. Otherwise they only hear one side of the story. :crazy:
No action on a customers part will guarantee your money is gone.

Start educating yourself:
http://www.nolo.com/legal-encycloped...discharge.html

Priya 01-20-2014 01:41 PM

Before you believe anything Apgene said read the Keisler facebook post and see what kind of stunts Apgene pulled. Shafi Keisler wasn't taking a salary for some time and sold his house to keep the business going, he didn't profit from anyone losing their money.

noonie 01-20-2014 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Priya (Post 1585968711)
Before you believe anything Apgene said read the Keisler facebook post and see what kind of stunts Apgene pulled.

Has nothing to do with the bankruptcy.

noonie 01-20-2014 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Priya (Post 1585968711)
Before you believe anything Apgene said read the Keisler facebook post and see what kind of stunts Apgene pulled. Shafi Keisler wasn't taking a salary for some time and sold his house to keep the business going, he didn't profit from anyone losing their money.

The point is that despite his financial problems or the supposed reasons for them, you get loans, go public, find investors etc. You don't mislead customers.
If you don't qualify for a loan or no one wants to invest with you, then that should be a pretty strong signal. :lol:
I read enough about the outfit a couple years ago to stay clear of them.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I have empathy for those that do.
I hope they have the wherewithal to pursue their options before it's too late.
BTW, I have been on the short end of a couple of bankruptcies before. The courts can only do the right thing given ALL the info. :thumbs:

I saw this on the facebook page.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...ps363baec0.jpg

Priya 01-20-2014 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Keisler Automotive (Post 1585960435)
Dear Listers,

When you read the above post, understand that the member APGENE is the same as Gene Charsha. This same person attempted to attack me while driving at 60mph approximately 9:30am Jan 16 on Pellissippi Parkway in Alcoa Tennessee. The police authorities are investigating video taken of the event and I intend to press charges against Gene Charsha for his wreckless actions.

Yes, people lost money and I'm sorry for them, but its simply not true that Shafi Keisler benefited from it.

AJ123 01-20-2014 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Keisler Automotive (Post 1585968093)
AJ123,

Please do not be too concerned. Liberty Gear can service the RS easily. And I am also working to increase this support network.

Thank you for your reassurance.
My whole point about the product I bought from you replaced my DN4t3 transmission. I spent more money keeping it going then I paid for the transmission I purchased from you TKO 600 . Andy from Corvette Guru was one of the people that explained the differenced of all the replacement transmissions. Before I put the 383 stroker super ram I was getting almost 30 mpg. I have finished the complete install and am waiting to take a trip to see what I get. Testing day is coming up at Famosa Drag strip I will see how everything meshes. No one as I can see is complain about a bad product.

As I told others that were dumping on me what accurately happened will come out. Thanks for coming on this site to at least try to calm the situation that was getting out of control

When APGENE went after me I could smell something. It wasn't exhaust gas

noonie 01-20-2014 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Priya (Post 1585968969)
Yes, people lost money and I'm sorry for them, but its simply not true that Shafi Keisler benefited from it.

Ya, I'm sure he would be more than happy to post his company and personal asset disclosure. :crazy2:

Priya 01-20-2014 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by noonie (Post 1585969087)
Ya, I'm sure he would be more than happy to post his company and personal asset disclosure.

Like I said, the people screaming the loudest are those that didn't lose any money. If you have anything to contradict Shafi's statement then post it, otherwise its just idle speculation on your part. I have no doubt if it was a lie that he'd sold his house to pay for the business Apgene or someone else would have posted the proof that he hadn't.

Originally Posted by Keisler Automotive (Post 1585968093)
AJ123,

Well, I'm glad to hear that, I'm less concerned about losing my warranty than I am about not being able to get my RS400 repaired down the road if need be. For me the worst of this is the superior product isn't going to be available anymore and those with an inferior product succeed and profit from their dishonesty.

MIKE80 01-20-2014 02:48 PM

Sorry to hear the bad news of all this. I hope that Keisler and parties involved work it out so you guys that placed deposits get all your money back.

noonie 01-20-2014 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Priya (Post 1585969197)
Like I said, the people screaming the loudest are those that didn't lose any money. If you have anything to contradict Shafi's statement then post it, otherwise its just idle speculation on your part.

As are your assumptions.

Clearly, you know nothing about bankruptcies.
I'm not screaming loudly about anything.
I'm simply showing the posters here that have given deposits and are listed as creditors they do have options before it's too late.

They deserve that. No one deserves to loose thousands of dollars needlessly.
The courts will ultimately decide.

AJ123 01-20-2014 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Priya (Post 1585969197)
Like I said, the people screaming the loudest are those that didn't lose any money. If you have anything to contradict Shafi's statement then post it, otherwise its just idle speculation on your part. I have no doubt if it was a lie that he'd sold his house to pay for the business Apgene or someone else would have posted the proof that he hadn't.

Well, I'm glad to hear that, I'm less concerned about losing my warranty than I am about not being able to get my RS400 repaired down the road if need be. For me the worst of this is the superior product isn't going to be available anymore and those with an inferior product succeed and profit from their dishonesty.

Totally agree with the Superior product for me to date.

Priya 01-20-2014 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by APGENE (Post 1585970100)
I dont work For American Powertrain. Did at one time.. Now as fas as being called scum from Mr Keister well if you believe anything a person that too money from 500 plus people. Like the 4k plus he took From His Place inc credit card a couple days before he filed. He had no intention of shipping them anything.

Right, you don't work for american powertrain :crazy2:

Its just a coincidence that your forum name starts with ap.

diehrd 01-20-2014 04:50 PM

Makes me want to PUKE .. It is someone else's fault ,, From the president of the U.S to the crack head under a bridge it all boils down to " It aint my fault" .................

I own a business I had to close , I NEVER changed my phone number I never took my listing out of the phone book even after I reopened under a new name using the same phone number ( ya I had 2 listings old and new name using the same ph number).I never not honored a warranty and never stuck a client for a deposit because I never have or will accept any pre payment for our services ( Roofing company )

My mistake started with my marriage , I was at least 1/2 that problem , and divorce wiped me out .. Crap happens ... BUT ya DO NOT make your problems other peoples problems.

Kessler did not have a explosion he had a slide down the tubes so he new it was coming and yet he continued to take peoples money. That should be a crime and it may in fact be a crime so someone needs to contact that states Attorney General.

AJ123 01-20-2014 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by gac7773 (Post 1585970288)
There PRIYA fixed it now I dont start with AP. Ole Shifty Keister got you good with the juice you believing every word he says. I bet if we got to see your PM's he would be instructing you what to say and here I thought we only has sheepole in USA.

I was wondering how long it would be before race was an issue in this individual forum.

Lets see you became a member

Member Since 01-20-2014Total Posts2

APGENE Became a member on Member Since05-31-2013Total Posts18

How many others are you on this site
Sounds fishy that you suddenly joined in with race remarks.

69ttop502 01-20-2014 05:54 PM

AJ123,

You have been here for 2 years. Read the archives here and practically any other forum around, and you will see the problems with this company are not new. What is funny to me is in the Facebook rant, he is complaining about Legend doing to him, exactly what he is doing to his customers with the big deposits. From looking at the creditor list, he was definitely paying debts with your deposits, hence the Madoff reference. Bottom line is, if you run your business the right way and treat people right, nothing any competitor can do or say would make any difference, and certainly wouldn't drive you out of business, I mean come on. The problem is the track record, and poor business practices finally caught up with them. A shame but surely no surprise.

AJ123 01-20-2014 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by gac7773 (Post 1585970911)
[

How many others are you on this site
Sounds fishy that you suddenly joined in with race remarks.

UHMMM race typically refers to a persons skin colors not nationality. I dont know if he is white, black red yellow dont care honestly.

The simple truth is this isn't about me its about his fleecing of forum members and 500 plus people across the nation and world he owes money too took deposits from and didn't deliver. I was here way before do a search for KeislerGene. I worked for this scum for 6 years.[/QUOTE]

Then why this refrence
Ole Shifty Keister

You did write it. Race doesn't only include skin color region of origin.

such as is What is Obma?

If this is about people losing money watch how you phrase names.

noonie 01-20-2014 06:29 PM

This isn't Keisler's first rodeo.
Filed for bankruptcy a few years ago
Also Ceo, Prez and sole stockholder of American Gear & Transmission
Apparently it was tough to decide who really held the shares since his wife Kelly Dickens and Keisler gave conflicting testimony.

I would belief anything he says. :lol: :rofl:

http://leagle.com/decision/In%20BCO%2020101104646

Priya 01-20-2014 06:42 PM

Apgene/gacc7773, I haven't lost as much as others here but I did lose my warranty on my transmission so, if anything I have reason to be condemning Shafi with the rest of you. I'm not doing that because I believe in doing what's right and demonizing someone because their business went under isn't the right thing to do. Sure, its a lot to lose $4000. If that happened to me my Corvette plans would be on hold for 5 or 10 years. But imagine losing your house like Shafi did - that's a lot more serious and a lot harder to take.

I don't gain anything by defending Keisler and inviting people to condemn me along with him, I do it because he's been unfairly demonized by people like you and that's wrong. People can speculate and say he should have done it differently but I know if it was me and I'm sure if it was any of you in the position of trying to make a business succceed you'd invested heavily in over 15 years we'd have done everything we could to keep it going as long as possible and none of us would have given up before we absolutely had to and started phoning customers long before that and saying "Business isn't going as well as we'd like, I'm not sure we're going to succeed, here's your money back, I give up.".

Anyone who says they'd have done it differently and folded the tent earlier isn't being honest. If it makes you feel better about demonizing a failed businessman by pretending he's telling me what to say, you go ahead and keep telling lies.

AJ123 01-20-2014 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by 69ttop502 (Post 1585970753)
AJ123,

You have been here for 2 years. Read the archives here and practically any other forum around, and you will see the problems with this company are not new. What is funny to me is in the Facebook rant, he is complaining about Legend doing to him, exactly what he is doing to his customers with the big deposits. From looking at the creditor list, he was definitely paying debts with your deposits, hence the Madoff reference. Bottom line is, if you run your business the right way and treat people right, nothing any competitor can do or say would make any difference, and certainly wouldn't drive you out of business, I mean come on. The problem is the track record, and poor business practices finally caught up with them. A shame but surely no surprise.

Very good response I am not defending Shafi business practices. Or What gac7773 wants to be called . gac7773 says he has experience working for both CO. It appears his opinion is racial and one sided. There is a claim that gac7773 is involved in this scandal. Do any of us know the truth yet.

I bought my Super Ram from another member here that knew I had one of Shafi transmissions. That member wanted me to explain what I experienced with the transmission not the rumors of what is posted on many forums. He thought someone was bad mouthing a good product.
I watch Fox and the other networks news to get all the stories and then try to figure out what is the truth.
I am hoping we all get the truth soon and that every one that lost in this situation isn't angered more by people giving unfactual information. We need to stop steering the pot spreading rumors . When we have the facts from a reliable source then it is time to make up our minds if he is a crook or not.

I have one of his transmission with great success.

My stupid family construction business has gone belly up 4 times.
The family stole money from the business many times. The last one that broke their back was the housing crash.

It took me years to learn the truth. I personally lost hundred of thousands of dollars . I really know what it is to be screwed.

Soon hopefully we will see the facts and we will all know the truth.

Your response was taken with an open mind.

Sincerly

Thanks

bogus 01-20-2014 06:49 PM

the biggest problem with arguing with idiots is that you have to stoop to their level to prove them wrong... and who ultimately wins at that game?

Judging from the myopia and sheer stupidity in this thread, I am not surprised TKO was forced out of business.

Priya 01-20-2014 06:58 PM

Just so everyone's clear, gac7773 is the same poster as APGENE.

Originally Posted by 69ttop502 (Post 1585970753)
Bottom line is, if you run your business the right way and treat people right, nothing any competitor can do or say would make any difference, and certainly wouldn't drive you out of business, I mean come on.

That of course is nonsense. All manner of businesses go under despite them making the best decisions possible and treating people the right way. There are inumerable factors affecting the success of a business and many, if not most of them are out of the business owners control. Companies like American Powertrain going from forum to forum and telling potential Keisler customers lies about their product and that Keisler is going to go out of business became a self-fulfilling prophecy and caused large numbers of customers to cancel their orders and make it impossible for Keisler to continue operating. Keisler depended on other companies to make parts for them for their transmissions and those companies couldn't supply the amounts required in a timely manner, that was also beyond Keisler's control. It is dishonest to pretend the failure of this company is solely due to bad decisions by the owner.

AJ123 01-20-2014 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by bogus (Post 1585971200)
the biggest problem with arguing with idiots is that you have to stoop to their level to prove them wrong... and who ultimately wins at that game?

Judging from the myopia and sheer stupidity in this thread, I am not surprised TKO was forced out of business.

Andy Good quote

Hope people learn the facts and then rationally decide.
The answer more than likely is a combination both factors. Some of us Love Obama Care others hate it. Some say lets wait and see.

We will see soon.

AirborneSilva 01-20-2014 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Keisler Automotive (Post 1585968271)
Les,

If the poster was a rational, honest or decent person I would address it, but this poster is not. In fact it is the same filthy scum that I referenced above and in the case Keisler Engineering vs. Gene Charsha whereby the court granted relief to KE for Charsha's loathsome behavior while employed for AP - American Powertrain. The records will be made public soon and you be the judge.

No one stole anything. The company came to a halt for the reasons mentioned. Now the Trustee and I are working to find the buyer to put the assets back to work.

I will be sending an e-mail tomorrow

diehrd 01-20-2014 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by AirborneSilva (Post 1585971604)
I don't mean to sound greedy but am wondering where this leaves me, as well as others that have paid full price for their transmissions... As far as I see it I have to start trying to build a bank account to order yet another transmission from someone so I can enjoy my Vette on the highways...

I would file a complaint with the attorney general or try to secure a lawyer for a class action suit personally against the owner and his floundered company. Taking a deposit and using it for items other then the product advertised is illegal in many states. I know in my business I must have an escrow account and list each person who makes a deposit and have a receipt each time I draw on that account that corresponds to parts and business expenses directly related to that persons deposit. ( a huge reason I work with NO deposits ever)

Additionally he may have paid taxes on a system where by he does not pay taxes on deposits until the sale is final , so lets say you dep sept 2013 and he delivers Feb 2014 .. your deposit and sale go on 2014 returns .. If he used any of those deposits on 2013 to operate in 2013 he may have a nice tax issue to answer for..

Or not but I would go after this guy like a smart bomb on a terrorist . . . :yesnod:

AirborneSilva 01-20-2014 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by diehrd (Post 1585971865)
I would file a complaint with the attorney general or try to secure a lawyer for a class action suit personally against the owner and his floundered company. Taking a deposit and using it for items other then the product advertised is illegal in many states. I know in my business I must have an escrow account and list each person who makes a deposit and have a receipt each time I draw on that account that corresponds to parts and business expenses directly related to that persons deposit. ( a huge reason I work with NO deposits ever)

Additionally he may have paid taxes on a system where by he does not pay taxes on deposits until the sale is final , so lets say you dep sept 2013 and he delivers Feb 2014 .. your deposit and sale go on 2014 returns .. If he used any of those deposits on 2013 to operate in 2013 he may have a nice tax issue to answer for..

Or not but I would go after this guy like a smart bomb on a terrorist . . . :yesnod:

This is all frustrating a scarey for me, I'm scared I will lose all my money on one hand but on the other I'd be willing to work with someone, the trustee or whomever to gt my tranny, even if I have to pay a bit more for someone to finish it up, I just want my parts to include trans and shifter, I can do without the drive line as I know a good shop where I can get it done at a reasonable price. I just don't want to loose all my money and have to start over, it there's a way for some or all the money I have paid to be put towards another kit I would have no problem thoroughgoing more money into it to make it right. I just want a kit that will work good for my setup and the sonner the better as I have all the other parts I needed to get this job done, just need the trans now.

Sorry I hope all that makes sense, I just want to work this out to the 1of everyone, I don't believe that we all have to loose, yes maybe we will have to loose to a degree but not 100%....

noonie 01-20-2014 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by AirborneSilva (Post 1585972203)
This is all frustrating a scarey for me, I'm scared I will lose all my money on one hand but on the other I'd be willing to work with someone, the trustee or whomever to gt my tranny, even if I have to pay a bit more for someone to finish it up, I just want my parts to include trans and shifter, I can do without the drive line as I know a good shop where I can get it done at a reasonable price. I just don't want to loose all my money and have to start over, it there's a way for some or all the money I have paid to be put towards another kit I would have no problem thoroughgoing more money into it to make it right. I just want a kit that will work good for my setup and the sonner the better as I have all the other parts I needed to get this job done, just need the trans now.

Sorry I hope all that makes sense, I just want to work this out to the 1of everyone, I don't believe that we all have to loose, yes maybe we will have to loose to a degree but not 100%....

I suggest you seek the advice of a lawyer, least a free initial consultation.
He may be able to convince you that you will get NOTHING if the bankruptcy is allowed to be completed.
Once that happens Kiesler nor the new owner or buyer of any assets owe you absolutely nothing.
And the bankruptcy will be completed as long as creditors like yourself don't file any opposition with the bankruptcy court.

69ttop502 01-20-2014 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Priya (Post 1585971278)
Just so everyone's clear, gac7773 is the same poster as APGENE.

That of course is nonsense. All manner of businesses go under despite them making the best decisions possible and treating people the right way. There are inumerable factors affecting the success of a business and many, if not most of them are out of the business owners control. Companies like American Powertrain going from forum to forum and telling potential Keisler customers lies about their product and that Keisler is going to go out of business became a self-fulfilling prophecy and caused large numbers of customers to cancel their orders and make it impossible for Keisler to continue operating. Keisler depended on other companies to make parts for them for their transmissions and those companies couldn't supply the amounts required in a timely manner, that was also beyond Keisler's control. It is dishonest to pretend the failure of this company is solely due to bad decisions by the owner.

Nonsense huh. Do you honestly think with the sales that they supposedly generated, that they would have gone out of business with a sound operation. Try getting on this forum and spread rumors about Dewitts and see how far you get ruining their business. It wouldn't work. Why? Because they have a flawless record of success in customer service and product. Keisler, well if you have been around awhile, you will see that they have been very sketchy in this area for a long time.

The only reason people cancelling their orders had anything to do with Keisler going belly up, is because they had already spent those customers deposits and up front money on units already delivered or in the pipeline. And that is a poor way to do business and is nothing more than the same principle as a Ponzi scheme. Bring more and more deposits in to pay the bills but not acquire product to complete the transmission.

500,000-1,000,000 in assets and between 1,000,000 and 10,000,000 in liabilities. Do you think that happened overnight, or by people cancelling orders. I think not. As for the companies not being able to supply Keisler in a timely manner, would you supply them if they couldn't pay you? Doubt it. And by looking at those numbers on the balance sheet, this has been going on for a long time.

vettebuyer6369 01-20-2014 09:47 PM

This argument just keeps going around and around and had been repeated in multiple places in the forum.