CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Northeast (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/northeast-40/)
-   -   Front license plate needed in CT? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/northeast/2772115-front-license-plate-needed-in-ct.html)

gkrynick22 02-20-2011 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Donalds5 (Post 1576848545)
Yep, East Hampton here, and go to school in Middletown. I like my part of the state except for the select few groups that give your town a bad name. "yay for biggest meth lab in ct" haha

I have been in Marlborough for about 4 years now and love it. I have lived in Mystic for most of my life and Downtown Hartford too.

haha and I always head down the street for that 7-Eleven Trip for a SLURPEE once in a while
yup, that's right down the road from me. If I see you there I'll pull in and say hi.

What are your plans for the Vette? Are you going to keep it stock or are you going to Mod it?

Donalds5 02-20-2011 09:41 PM

Yeah Middletown for four years and then East Hampton for fourteen, and with 31,000 miles on the car dude, I think she's staying stock apart from a few things I'll add(new exhaust eventually, hopefully a corsa) and I think I'm going to get the fender gill LED lights with a remote control for those nights where I want to show it off, hopefully it looks nice,

But yeah, I don't want to over do the car, just those little things to add some style, black sill covers, switch cover plate. Etc
Any suggestions?

gkrynick22 02-20-2011 10:43 PM

Yeah I hear you on the low miles, mine has 37,000 on it. I was going to keep it all original too. Then I bought the Z06 wheels and was going to keep the rest stock. Then I installed a pioneer double din DVD player and a 12" sub. Then I removed the Cats. Then I lowered it. Then I put a short shift kit in it. Now I am going to night shade the taillights, fog lights, and side marker lights. I am also going to tint the windows either this week or next. I am also planning out a 383 with a 6 speed combo on paper that I may or may not do in two years. It is like a friggin disease! :rock:

If you want to keep it stock that's cool too. It looks like you have some rims on it. Carbon fiber dash kit. You could do a stereo. You could replace all the interior lights with LED's. Tint the windows, but CT can be pretty tough on that.

CTYANK2 02-21-2011 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by Donalds5 (Post 1576848888)
Yeah Middletown for four years and then East Hampton for fourteen, and with 31,000 miles on the car dude, I think she's staying stock apart from a few things I'll add(new exhaust eventually, hopefully a corsa) and I think I'm going to get the fender gill LED lights with a remote control for those nights where I want to show it off, hopefully it looks nice,

But yeah, I don't want to over do the car, just those little things to add some style, black sill covers, switch cover plate. Etc
Any suggestions?

With 31k I would stay stock unless there are a lot of imperfections in the car. Instead of modding I would would fix/repace any of the small imperfections like cracked weather stripping, scratched/cracked interior plastic, carpets if necesseary, etc. Check out " My Corvette Photos" of my 89 with 62k. Its mostly stock:thumbs:

gkrynick22 02-21-2011 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by CTYANK2 (Post 1576850837)
With 31k I would stay stock unless there are a lot of imperfections in the car. Instead of modding I would would fix/repace any of the small imperfections like cracked weather stripping, scratched/cracked interior plastic, carpets if necesseary, etc. Check out " My Corvette Photos" of my 89 with 62k. Its mostly stock:thumbs:

It really depends on how you look at it. CTYANK2 is not wrong at all. If you plan on reselling down the road then you should keep it as close to stock as possible. I bought my car as more of a toy to "tinker" with. I want to slowly change it to fit what I want. Everything that I have done so far can be "undone". I kept the factory radio, speakers, and rims. I bought extra marker lights and tail lights to night shade. With a little elbow grease tint will come off. Once I decide to go the 383 route though there will be no turning back. I bought this car with low miles so I would have a lightly used C4 to start with. I plan on driving this car into the ground or eventually passing it on to my daughter (way down the road). So I don't care about value.