CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   2013 Corvette C7 (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/2768052-2013-corvette-c7.html)

Mike's LS3 01-30-2011 02:02 PM

2013 Corvette C7

Just wanted to pass this along, March's Car and Driver magazine, pg.18.

2013 Corvette C7

"The Corvette continues as front-engine, V-8 powered, but GM is reportedly working to reduce mass (or at least hold the line) to maintain C6 performance. Slightly longer than before, the C7 will have styling allegedly inspired by the split-widow '63 Sting Ray. Interior quality, not a Corvette strength, is now a high priority, and GM has set Audi as the benchmark for materials and fits. Three versions will be offered: base, Z06 and ZR1 (base versions may be called Grand Sport).
At launch, the V-8 portfolio will mirror today's, ranging from 430 to 638 horsepower. Later, all three engines will undergo displacement reductions to improve fuel economy."

I am wondering if the base version will be dropped and replaced with the G.S.?

Vette_DD 01-30-2011 02:07 PM

No, won't happen. Every other car magazine on earth keeps mentioning the split rear window styling. Nobody outside of GM knows what they're going to do for the C7. Even GM probably doesn't know what they're going to do.

Take this post to the C7 Forum and see how hard they laugh. :rofl:

But have a nice day.

KenHorse 01-30-2011 02:11 PM

Later, all three engines will undergo displacement reductions to improve fuel economy.
This

goatts 01-30-2011 02:16 PM

I saw that. Same old rumors. I believe the 430 hp is correct. The rest who knows.

mundo 01-30-2011 02:16 PM

I wouldn't want a rear split window. If that's the case have a front split window like the '40s cars. They're ugly. The '63 split window was ugly. In '63 why do you think GM stopped making split window Corvettes - no demand! People didn't want it. Only reason they hold their value now is because they're rare. Ever drive a Prius with the horizontal split window. It screws up the rear view image. I think it's a safety hazard.

vettedoogie 01-30-2011 02:19 PM

The idea that anyone would perpetuate that kind of back window now, let alone in 1963, is ridiculous. Now, I suppose some kind of see-thru paint or dye could replicate the look but there just isn't going to be any kind of bar like that in the back window.

Once again, I don't care who says what, until it comes officially out of GM's mouth, it is all just speculation, likely brought about and based on the Transformermobile.

not08crmanymore 01-30-2011 02:21 PM

I wouldn't want a rear split window. If that's the case have a front split window like the '40s cars. They're ugly. The '63 split window was ugly. In '63 why do you think GM stopped making split window Corvettes - no demand! People didn't want it. Only reason they hold their value now is because they're rare. Ever drive a Prius with the horizontal split window. It screws up the rear view image. I think it's a safety hazard.
Actually,it was ZORA ARKUS-DUNTOV that didn't like the split window.He pulled strings and it was done away with in 64.The public had nothing to do with it.;)
As for the C7, it'll be big/small,with the same,less or more HP then current cars.In other words,when GM tells me what it is then and only then will I know for sure.;)

coolcat 01-30-2011 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Mike's LS3 (Post 1576656004)
Later, all three engines will undergo displacement reductions to improve fuel economy."

I think I'll hold onto my LS3 equipped 08 coupe. :thumbs:

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/g...at4843/003.jpg

Marc V. 01-30-2011 02:30 PM

From a very reliable source at Chevy, the 5th generation Chevy small block will be 5.5 liter, still single cam pushrod engine obviously, but with variable valve timing set up much like the system in the Dodge Viper. Also direct injection and cylinder deactivation. Nearly the same HP, maybe slight increase, but better MPG.

KenHorse 01-30-2011 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Marc V. (Post 1576656194)
From a very reliable source at Chevy, the 5th generation Chevy small block will be 5.5 liter, still single cam pushrod engine obviously, but with variable valve timing set up much like the system in the Dodge Viper. Also direct injection and cylinder deactivation. Nearly the same HP, maybe slight increase, but better MPG.

goatts 01-30-2011 02:40 PM

1970's all over again (I was there). Downsizing to make a small group of evironmentalist wackos happy. I don't spend big bucks for a sports car to get good mileage. If I want good mileage I'll drive my accord. Beginning of the end folks.

vettedoogie 01-30-2011 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by goatts (Post 1576656250)
1970's all over again (I was there). Downsizing to make a small group of evironmentalist wackos happy. I don't spend big bucks for a sports car to get good mileage. If I want good mileage I'll drive my accord. Beginning of the end folks.

I was there too. Yet somehow, we can go out today and buy a STOCK small block 430hp Corvette that would kick the livin crap out of any 60's car you can mention while still getting 25 mpg or better when you want it to.

SilverScorp 01-30-2011 03:27 PM

2013 Corvette C7

"The Corvette continues as front-engine, V-8 powered, but GM is reportedly working to reduce mass (or at least hold the line) to maintain C6 performance. Slightly longer than before, the C7 will have styling allegedly inspired by the split-widow '63 Sting Ray. Interior quality, not a Corvette strength, is now a high priority, and GM has set Audi as the benchmark for materials and fits. Three versions will be offered: base, Z06 and ZR1 (base versions may be called Grand Sport).At launch, the V-8 portfolio will mirror today's, ranging from 430 to 638 horsepower. Later, all three engines will undergo displacement reductions to improve fuel economy."

Bye bye Base C6. We all thought it might have been the Z06, but with the increase in GS vs Base C6 sales, I'm not surprised at all.

AFVETTE 01-30-2011 03:31 PM

It'll be 2014 at the earliest before we see the C7 and will be anyone's guess as to the model's they keep/drop.

Tom

Z06LUST 01-30-2011 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by mundo (Post 1576656091)
The '63 split window was ugly. In '63 why do you think GM stopped making split window Corvettes - no demand!

I gotta check with Racer but I believe there is a CF rule against posting while drunk or on drugs. :smash:

C7Joy 01-30-2011 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by vettedoogie (Post 1576656522)
I was there too. Yet somehow, we can go out today and buy a STOCK small block 430hp Corvette that would kick the livin crap out of any 60's car you can mention while still getting 25 mpg or better when you want it to.

:iagree: ... and what more could you ask for??

mpuzach 01-30-2011 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by mundo (Post 1576656091)
In '63 why do you think GM stopped making split window Corvettes - no demand! People didn't want it. Only reason they hold their value now is because they're rare.

You might want to check your facts before posting crap like this. 1963 coupe production was 10,594, more than any other year of C2 production.

AFVETTE 01-30-2011 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by mpuzach (Post 1576656703)
You might want to check your facts before posting crap like this. 1963 coupe production was 10,594, more than any other year of C2 production.

Isn't that about the same as the 2010 production numbers for ALL Corvette's?

Tom

phileaglesfan 01-30-2011 05:20 PM

A 2013 Vette means it will have to be released next summer. Personally I don't see that happening. I wouldn't be surprised if they have a 60th anniversery C6 edition. If Chevy goes with the retro look (IE split window) then I'll either keep my C6 or buy the last year model of it.

achilds 01-30-2011 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by coolcat (Post 1576656127)
I think I'll hold onto my LS3 equipped 08 coupe. :thumbs:

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/g...at4843/003.jpg

I think I'll hold on to my LS7, because they sure aren't going to produce a Z06 the first year and certainly not an LS7 based model.

Go Buckeyes!

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...6/P8230318.jpg

RonnieC6Z 01-30-2011 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by AFVETTE (Post 1576656576)
It'll be 2014 at the earliest before we see the C7 and will be anyone's guess as to the model's they keep/drop.

Tom

Incorrect. I ran into the GM of the Chevy dealer that I have been doing business with, and know him quite well. He just returned from a meeting with Chevy and was told that the C7 will be a 2013 model hitting showrooms in the last quarter of 2012.

SouthBaySurfer 01-30-2011 05:59 PM

I love my '08 and intend to keep it for a while. I couldn't care about the C7.

mpuzach 01-30-2011 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by mpuzach (Post 1576656703)

Originally Posted by AFVETTE (Post 1576656751)
Isn't that about the same as the 2010 production numbers for ALL Corvette's?

Tom

Pretty close, Tom. I believe total 2010 production for all Corvettes was 12,194.

goatts 01-30-2011 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by vettedoogie (Post 1576656522)

So what's your point? Like I said in my post the 430hp vette is history just like in the 1970's. We have a 430hp vette because muscle cars came back but the downhill slide is starting because of a small group of politicians that don't know their butt from a hole in the ground. If the article is true then they will begin reducing engine size with the C8 so they can meet CAFE standards.

There is no need for CAFE standards. The politicians should butt out of private markets.

dgrant3830 01-30-2011 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by SouthBaySurfer (Post 1576657725)
I love my '08 and intend to keep it for a while. I couldn't care about the C7.

I too love my C-5 and my C-6, but looking forward to possibly getting a C-7 depending on what they do. That'll probably be it for me for the rest of time.

Raazor 01-30-2011 06:22 PM

I'm gettin' me a C7 Callaway! :rock:

Tally Ho 01-30-2011 06:35 PM

Pure speculation on C&D's part. All one needs to do is go back in Corvette history to see that none of the current generations made it to the show room when the magazines said they would. The C4 was late, the C5 was late, and the C7 will be late (2015 IMHO).:flag:

vettedoogie 01-30-2011 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by goatts (Post 1576657786)
So what's your point? Like I said in my post the 430hp vette is history just like in the 1970's. The downhill slide is starting because of a small group of politicians that don't know their butt from a hole in the ground. If the article is true then they will begin reducing engine size with the C8 so they can meet CAFE standards.

There is no need for CAFE standards. The politicians should butt out of private markets.

My point is that it was the end of nothing. Here we are 40 yrs later with performance that is FAR greater than it ever was...greater than the vast majority of Corvette owners can ever take full advantage of. BTW, you really think if it was left up to American carmakers we'd ever have gotten to anything close to the mpg OR safety we get in ANY car?

As for politicians in private markets, where do you think food safety laws came from? Food is a private market. You want politicians to butt out of that? How about pharmaceutical standards? Private market.

I'm not here to sell CAFE but I think folks like you are crying too much about it.

Here, grab your blanky, read this and suck your thumb a while...it'll be alright.
http://www.caranddriver.com/features...ndards-feature

c6coop 01-30-2011 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by vettedoogie (Post 1576658139)
My point is that it was the end of nothing. Here we are 40 yrs later with performance that is FAR greater than it ever was...greater than the vast majority of Corvette owners can ever take full advantage of. BTW, you really think if it was left up to American carmakers we'd ever have gotten to anything close to the mpg OR safety we get in ANY car?

As for politicians in private markets, where do you think food safety laws came from? Food is a private market. You want politicians to butt out of that? How about pharmaceutical standards? Private market.

I'm not here to sell CAFE but I think folks like you are crying too much about it.

Here, grab your blanky, read this and suck your thumb a while...it'll be alright.

I agree. I had the pleasure of being a teen in the 60's, when my hormones were screaming for cars. One of the true peaks in automotive design had to be '67. Look where we are today. The Chevy folks have never really given up, maybe the bean counter weenys did, but what did they know. The engineers never did. The LS engine series is proof; probably one of the most increadible engine series ever.
One of the reasons I quit subscribing to C&D was their never ending diatribe against the V8. Funny how their vaunted European brands all use the V8 for their performance cars. Ironic. But I digress.
I fully expect that the C7 will be a true world class super car. Some us may puke initially, but it will grow on us, as have all the "C" versions.
When I realized that the C6 was truely the car I dreamed of since birth, I bought one. I can have the AC on, and radio blaring, and suck the paint off an L88 or L89, radio and heater delete vette of the 60's. With a small block no less, and get 30+MPG on the highway.
I am sure C7 will be even better, and the C&D folks will be eating their words and looking for something else American to trash.
Chin up!
coop

Rossi6998 01-30-2011 07:26 PM

Would not surprise me if they do eliminate either the base model or GS model. These two models are basically the same (IMHO). GM has to be smart with their production, especially if we want their pricing to remain reasonable considering the amount of car we are getting for the price. :flag:

30YR W8T 01-30-2011 07:46 PM

:iagree:
You make some great points on where intervention is value added and as long as that intervention provides value while leaving my rights alone I am content. I agree as well in regards to what technology has accomplished compared to muscle cars of the past. I think many forget that all the engines in the C6 cars right up to the ZR1, are all small blocks. The 7 liter in the Z06 still reigns as the most powerful N/A motor GM has ever built and it is a small block. I can only imagine what they could do with an 8 liter build. I have no doubt the next generation will perform at least on par and probably better than the current platform even if the new engine is the 5.5 or smaller. GM appears to have finally broadened its play ground to allow power adders into the mix.

11LAVette 01-30-2011 08:11 PM

Very well put. So tired of people who can't do exactly as they please, and everyone else be damned, whining all over the place. Selfish to no end.

vettedoogie 01-30-2011 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by 30YR W8T (Post 1576658673)
:iagree:
You make some great points on where intervention is value added and as long as that intervention provides value while leaving my rights alone I am content. I agree as well in regards to what technology has accomplished compared to muscle cars of the past. I think many forget that all the engines in the C6 cars right up to the ZR1, are all small blocks. The 7 liter in the Z06 still reigns as the most powerful N/A motor GM has ever built and it is a small block. I can only imagine what they could do with an 8 liter build. I have no doubt the next generation will perform at least on par and probably better than the current platform even if the new engine is the 5.5 or smaller. GM appears to have finally broadened its play ground to allow power adders into the mix.

I honestly believe that if a major loss of power would further hurt very low Corvette sales (which BTW, aren't off because of lower power right now!) the CAFE rules (written WITH government AND automakers) could be lifted or eased in any number of ways...especially as it relates to enforcement! That relates to plenty of other carmakers too!

goatts 01-30-2011 08:14 PM

Yes mr liberal I want them to butt out. You apparently can't think for yourself since you need a bureaurocrat to dictate every little detail of your life and wipe your little butt. You need someone to tell you what mpg your car gets??? You too dumb to figure that out for yourself. You want someone to tell you what to eat and when you're going to die? Pharmaceutical standards are the reason for the skyrocketing cost of drugs. Steven Chu is going to make you paint your roof white (or have you already done yours?). Since you love suckling at the teats of nanny gubment, why don't you move to Cuba. You're probably already planning on it.

vettedoogie 01-30-2011 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by goatts (Post 1576658926)
Yes mr liberal I want them to butt out. You apparently can't think for yourself since you need a bureaurocrat to dictate every little detail of your life and wipe your little butt. You need someone to tell you what mpg your car gets??? You too dumb to figure that out for yourself. You want someone to tell you what to eat and when you're going to die? Pharmaceutical standards are the reason for the skyrocketing cost of drugs. Steven Chu is going to make you paint your roof white (or have you already done yours?). Since you love suckling at the teats of nanny gubment, why don't you move to Cuba. You're probably already planning on it.

Thank you Mr. Fox. I hope you get the next batch of bad pharma brought in from China.
BTW, why DO you drive an Accord?

Rocketmanwpb 01-30-2011 08:21 PM

:iagree: The specifications for the new engine will conform to the new class the car is racing in the ALMS series. Has been stated that we will see direct injection 5.5 ltr engine. Probably will have more HP, wonder if they will be able to increase torque?

goatts 01-30-2011 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by c6coop (Post 1576658423)
I agree. IOne of the reasons I quit subscribing to C&D was their never ending diatribe against the V8. Funny how their vaunted European brands all use the V8 for their performance cars. Ironic. But I digress.
I fully expect that the C7 will be a true world class super car. Some us may puke initially, but it will grow on us, as have all the "C" versions. coop

Say what?? Is that the best BS you can come up with? The C7 will make us puke but we'll love it in the end? Kinda like the new healthcare law?

goatts 01-30-2011 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by vettedoogie (Post 1576658953)
Thank you Mr. Fox. I hope you get the next batch of bad pharma brought in from China.
BTW, why DO you drive an Accord?

Spoken like a true lib. I don't wish anything bad upon you. I just don't want you and your ilk telling me what to do. Take your CAFE standards and regulations and stick them where the sun don't shine.

As for the Accord, the vette is the only American made car I've bought in the last 20 years and I've bought a lot of cars.

goatts 01-30-2011 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by vettedoogie (Post 1576658901)
I honestly believe that if a major loss of power would further hurt very low Corvette sales (which BTW, aren't off because of lower power right now!) the CAFE rules (written WITH government AND automakers) could be lifted or eased in any number of ways...especially as it relates to enforcement! That relates to plenty of other carmakers too!

No, no, no, not according to your buddy c6coop. We would just puke on ourselves and let it grow!

LMB-C6 01-30-2011 08:43 PM

.....Slightly longer than before

I doubt it, I think they want to continue to slim it down. The C6 started it, my bet is the C7 will continue the trend.

Interior quality, not a Corvette strength, is now a high priority, and GM has set Audi as the benchmark for materials and fits.

I hope so - it's the one remaining area that many complain about. Bring it up to snuff and be done with it.

(base versions may be called Grand Sport).

I agree, drop the base and go with the GS, but I'm also a biased WB fan.

Later, all three engines will undergo displacement reductions to improve fuel economy.

IMO it would be better to do this as part of the C7 launch and not later on.

Mike's LS3 01-30-2011 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by rossi6998 (Post 1576658492)
Would not surprise me if they do eliminate either the base model or GS model. These two models are basically the same (IMHO). GM has to be smart with their production, especially if we want their pricing to remain reasonable considering the amount of car we are getting for the price. :flag:

Corvette production for 2010 is 12,194 units, lowest since 1961 producing 10,939 units. In 2010, 83% of the corvettes sold combined were the G.S. (49.6%) and the Base (33.3%). I don't think GM is going to drop either one of them. If they do, I predict a further decrease in corvette sales. BTW: For 2010, the Z06 sold were 4.3% and the ZR1 12.9%.

GM should do the opposite, make the Base and G.S. more attractive, i.e. keep the car affordable by bringing back the Z51 for the Base and improve the interior seats for all corvettes. The G.S. hurt the Z06 sales. But if GM did not introduce the G.S., overall sales probably would of decreased even further. That's my point, make the Base and G.S. more attractive to buyers, not take away what is selling.

vettedoogie 01-30-2011 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by goatts (Post 1576659065)
Spoken like a true lib. I don't wish anything bad upon you. I just don't want you and your ilk telling me what to do. Take your CAFE standards and regulations and stick them where the sun don't shine.

As for the Accord, the vette is the only American made car I've bought in the last 20 years and I've bought a lot of cars.

No...you'd rather tell everyone else what to do.:ack:

Yeah, I'm just a mean liberal because I like my family's drug safety put in the hands of my elected officials vs some corporate exec who could care less. I just wish upon you the results of your wishes.

BTW, pharma standards have been around for many decades so you can find another reason for drugs suddenly going up!:eek:

sdurg24 01-30-2011 08:48 PM

This is good stuff guys. Keep it up. We need this kind of dialog if we are to avoid the pitfalls of the past and move into the future which is what both vettedoogie and goatts are saying. In the past we had to put up with the monolithic Mr CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, and PBS. While some don't like Mr. FOX at least we get to hear the other side on such issues as CAFE. Maybe the C7 will somehow blunder into its destiny?

vettedoogie 01-30-2011 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by sdurg24 (Post 1576659219)
This is good stuff guys. Keep it up. We need this kind of dialog if we are to avoid the pitfalls of the past and move into the future which is what both vettedoogie and goatts are saying. In the past we had to put up with the monolithic Mr CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, and PBS. While some don't like Mr. FOX at least we get to hear the other side on such issues as CAFE. Maybe the C7 will somehow blunder into its destiny?

So how about this instead...from none of them...or won't you believe it because it isn't Fox?

BTW, I've never heard a thing about CAFE from anyone of the alphabet soup you mentioned.

djbrun 01-30-2011 08:54 PM

Nothing wrong with CAFE standards in my book, this will help push what sport cars were based on. (Power to weight ratio) A little less displacement, maybe some direct injection and variable valve timing, and a lighter car. That wouldn't sound bad to me. Just have to go with the times.

DJ

c6coop 01-30-2011 09:08 PM

Sorry, that didn't quite come out as I intended, but I'll shut up and sit down while I'm behind. I need to proof read my diatribe!
coop

vettedoogie 01-30-2011 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by c6coop (Post 1576659425)
Sorry, that didn't quite come out as I intended, but I'll shut up and sit down while I'm behind. I need to proof read my diatribe!
coop

I knew what you meant...lots of folks didn't like the C6 when it first came out either. It is tough to recreate a legend like the Vette every generation.

djbrun 01-30-2011 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by vettedoogie (Post 1576659473)
I knew what you meant...lots of folks didn't like the C6 when it first came out either. It is tough to recreate a legend like the Vette every generation.

+1 :iagree:

JLinCA 01-30-2011 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by Mike's LS3 (Post 1576659195)
Corvette production for 2010 is 12,194 units, lowest since 1961 producing 10,939 units. In 2010, 83% of the corvettes sold combined were the G.S. (49.6%) and the Base (33.3%). I don't think GM is going to drop either one of them. If they do, I predict a further decrease in corvette sales. BTW: For 2010, the Z06 sold were 4.3% and the ZR1 12.9%.

GM should do the opposite, make the Base and G.S. more attractive, i.e. keep the car affordable by bringing back the Z51 for the Base and improve the interior seats for all corvettes. The G.S. hurt the Z06 sales. But if GM did not introduce the G.S., overall sales probably would of decreased even further. That's my point, make the Base and G.S. more attractive to buyers, not take away what is selling.

How about they make more significant changes to this car during it's life cycle instead of things like new wheels and some electronic doo dads. Yeah I know, we got the LS3 4 years ago, and the no extra power GS 2 years ago.

I love the Corvette, I will buy nothing else but damn, it is disheartening when you see everyone else upping the power and other things. And we get the parts bin add ons.

Look at the 2012 GTR. Man that thing is going to run circles around the ZR-1. Hell the Mustang has almost caught up the the base Vette in a straight line.

vettedoogie 01-30-2011 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by JLinNY (Post 1576659541)
How about they make more significant changes to this car during it's life cycle instead of things like new wheels and some electronic doo dads. Yeah I know, we got the LS3 4 years ago, and the no extra power GS 2 years ago.

I love the Corvette, I will buy nothing else but damn, it is disheartening when you see everyone else upping the power and other things. And we get the parts bin add ons.

Look at the 2012 GTR. Man that thing is going to run circles around the ZR-1. Hell the Mustang has almost caught up the the base Vette in a straight line.

:iagree:The C7 better be great. The whole line.

That said, I thought this was a great quote by one of Nissan's head honchos about the GTR that I think certainly should apply to the Corvette...

"We are developing the GT-R for owners and not for race drivers, and therefore the standard model will be what we continue to do," the Godzilla Godfather said."The customer should be communicated what is the performance capability of the popular, standard model, not in a special edition. There is no meaning in communicating the special-edition speed."

Read more: http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...#ixzz1CZn7nx00

JLinCA 01-30-2011 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by vettedoogie (Post 1576659634)
:iagree:The C7 better be great. The whole line.

I don't want to come off as knocking on my beloved Vette, I just think GM has to get with the program.

cor28vettes 01-30-2011 09:39 PM

5 0f 5?

2013 Corvette C7

"The Corvette continues as front-engine, V-8 powered, but GM is reportedly working to reduce mass (or at least hold the line) to maintain C6 performance. Slightly longer than before, the C7 will have styling allegedly inspired by the split-widow '63 Sting Ray. Interior quality, not a Corvette strength, is now a high priority, and GM has set Audi as the benchmark for materials and fits. Three versions will be offered: base, Z06 and ZR1 (base versions may be called Grand Sport).
At launch, the V-8 portfolio will mirror today's, ranging from 430 to 638 horsepower. Later, all three engines will undergo displacement reductions to improve fuel economy."

THAT WOULD BE COOL. I see a new one in the very near future.

Sillyme 01-30-2011 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by goatts (Post 1576658926)

This is why I no longer call myself a Republican. The party has turned to a batch of hate infused name callers that can't stand anyone that has a different opinion.
As for me, I like newer and better thinking. Being able to drive a car that will blow the doors off "Muscle cars" from the past and still get 30 MPG when I want to cruise.
If they can improve the breed even more, I say Go for it!
Signed: Mr. Independant, with no hate in my heart!

vettedoogie 01-30-2011 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by Sillyme (Post 1576659771)
This is why I no longer call myself a Republican. The party has turned to a batch of hate infused name callers that can't stand anyone that has a different opinion.
As for me, I like newer and better thinking. Being able to drive a car that will blow the doors off "Muscle cars" from the past and still get 30 MPG when I want to cruise.

Well said. :thumbs:

cor28vettes 01-30-2011 09:54 PM

C6 discussion sucks

Why do you grouchy old farts perpetuate the O/T discussion?

goatts 01-30-2011 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by vettedoogie (Post 1576659216)
No...you'd rather tell everyone else what to do.:ack:

Yeah, I'm just a mean liberal because I like my family's drug safety put in the hands of my elected officials vs some corporate exec who could care less. I just wish upon you the results of your wishes.

BTW, pharma standards have been around for many decades so you can find another reason for drugs suddenly going up!:eek:

Evil corporate execs? Safely in the hands of elected officials? :rofl: Great stuff man!!!

Which public official? How about Maxine Waters who thinks we planted a flag on Mars. Or maybe Charlie Rangel, you'd trust him with your families drugs (probably lithium for you), wouldn't ya?

You're a hoot! Hey, maybe Obama will make you a Czar. The czar in charge of Mars flags.

goatts 01-30-2011 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by Sillyme (Post 1576659771)

Oh my, a precious independent. And with no sense of humor. "Newer and better thinking", is that anything like "change".

vettedoogie 01-30-2011 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by goatts (Post 1576659906)
Evil corporate execs? Safely in the hands of elected officials? :rofl: Great stuff man!!!

Which public official? How about Maxine Waters who thinks we planted a flag on Mars. Or maybe Charlie Rangel, you'd trust him with your families drugs (probably lithium for you), wouldn't ya?

You're a hoot! Hey, maybe Obama will make you a Czar. The czar in charge of Mars flags.

Go take your blood pressure meds.
Better yet, go back to PR&C and have them feed you some better lines. I mean, come on, you didn't even mention Pelosi or Reid!

goatts 01-30-2011 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by djbrun (Post 1576659271)
Nothing wrong with CAFE standards in my book, this will help push what sport cars were based on. (Power to weight ratio) A little less displacement, maybe some direct injection and variable valve timing, and a lighter car. That wouldn't sound bad to me. Just have to go with the times.

DJ

They do only one thing. They make your car more expensive.

goatts 01-30-2011 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by vettedoogie (Post 1576660031)
Go take your blood pressure meds.
Better yet, go back to PR&C and have them feed you some better lines. I mean, come on, you didn't even mention Pelosi or Reid!

Do you even have a vette? Nothing in your profile.

Marc V. 01-30-2011 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by goatts (Post 1576656250)

WTF?

How is it any way related to the 70s?

It's still a small block Chevy V8. So it has smaller displacement? So what?

If the HP and MPG increase, where is the downside?

Auto technology is constantly moving forward, not backwards.

If you aren't concerned about fuel economy, why the hell would anyone buy an Accord?

I think you have some issues.

vettedoogie 01-30-2011 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by goatts (Post 1576660086)
Do you even have a vette? Nothing in your profile.

Go take your blood pressure meds VS.

Tact 01-30-2011 10:20 PM

:topicclosed: