CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Autocrossing & Roadracing (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/autocrossing-and-roadracing-23/)
-   -   ****GTLM/GTD Pro Racing Talk-NO SPOILERS PLEASE! (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/autocrossing-and-roadracing/2742822-gtlm-gtd-pro-racing-talk-no-spoilers-please.html)

ErnieN85 05-02-2024 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by z28lt1 (Post 1607770903)
My Mistake, Laguna Seca - next weekend, not sure why I typed Long Beach.

The GT cars also were at Long Beach last week, but just the AM category as the GTD-Pro doesn't race Long Beach this year (or next).

that’s alright just another race they won’t broadcast our cars :ack:

cor123 05-03-2024 11:40 AM

Fanatec gt world challenge america powered by aws

Recipients
New Tab
FANATEC GT WORLD CHALLENGE AMERICA POWERED BY AWS
Sebring Race Track
May 4th & 5th, 2024

Schedule:
https://www.gt-world-challenge-ameri...ntSchedule.pdf

Entry List:
https://www.gt-world-challenge-ameri...t/2024/sebring

Tickets:
https://www.showpass.com/24sro-sebring/

Watch Live:
Saturday Race 1: 3:05-4:35pm ET
Sunday Race 2: 11:15-12:45pm ET
https://www.gt-world-challenge-america.com/watch-live

Articles:
Corvette Racing at Sebring: A New (GT World) Challenge
https://www.gt-world-challenge-ameri...orld-challenge

DXDT to Debut Corvette at Sebring, Add Tommy Milner and Alec Udell at COTA
https://www.gt-world-challenge-ameri...-udell-at-cota

Sellers: DXDT “Ready” for Corvette Z06 GT3.R Debut
https://sportscar365.com/sro/world-c...G3dXHwydeLPJaF

photo by DXDT
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...8aa5e3bf9e.png

DGA3 05-04-2024 08:10 AM

So both races will be available online, but not on broadcast television - correct?

VetteDrmr 05-04-2024 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by DGA3 (Post 1607777083)
So both races will be available online, but not on broadcast television - correct?

I fear you're correct; nothing is showing up on racer.com.

z28lt1 05-04-2024 09:42 AM

Yes, free on-line coverage. In years past they had some of the races on TV at other times (like a week later). Not sure that is the case this year or not.

Corvette qualified 5th for the first race and 8th for the second race.

DGA3 05-05-2024 08:07 AM

Believe it or not, but I found race #1 live on YouTube!

I missed the first part of the race (because I was searching for it), and couldn't figure out why the Corvette was not getting any air time (but was listed as toward the back of the pack).

Then, toward the end of the race, the announcers mentioned that it had been involved in an accident early on, and broke a control arm, putting it out of the competition.

Hopefully, today will be a lot better!

BrianCunningham 05-05-2024 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by DGA3 (Post 1607777083)

Wow, just wow

DGA3 05-06-2024 07:40 AM

I also was able to watch race #2 on You Tube. :thumbs:

Our Corvette worked its way up through the field and was looking very fast, only to have a driver error ruin any chance of a podium finish. :rolleyes:

Yet another disappointment for Corvette racing (I use that term in general for any team that currently is running a C8).

If you want to be optimistic, the car was fast and gaining on others, so there's hope for the future. Plus, I believe the announcers said that there will be 2 Corvettes in the next race, so there's always that.

z28lt1 05-07-2024 09:45 AM

WEC Spa BoP.

Slower: Aston, BMW, Corvette, Ferrari, McLaren, Porsche. Aston was hit hard.
TBD (power and weight changes in opposite direction): Ford, Lamborghini
No Change: Lexus

Aston +21kg weight +10 Energy/Stint
BMW +7 kg
Corvette +5 kg
Ferrari less power, +4kg, -4 Energy
Ford, less power, -11kg, -7 Energy
Lamborghini, less power after 200 KPH, -2kg, -3 Energy
Lexus -2 Energy
McLaren less power, +5kg, +1 Energy
Porsche +9kg, +3 Energy

DGA3 05-07-2024 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by z28lt1 (Post 1607785911)
WEC Spa BoP.

Slower: Aston, BMW, Corvette, Ferrari, McLaren, Porsche. Aston was hit hard.
TBD (power and weight changes in opposite direction): Ford, Lamborghini
No Change: Lexus

Aston +21kg weight +10 Energy/Stint
BMW +7 kg
Corvette +5 kg
Ferrari less power, +4kg, -4 Energy
Ford, less power, -11kg, -7 Energy
Lamborghini, less power after 200 KPH, -2kg, -3 Energy
Lexus -2 Energy
McLaren less power, +5kg, +1 Energy
Porsche +9kg, +3 Energy

Corvette slower.

Great. :mad:

cor123 05-07-2024 11:54 AM

CORVETTE RACING AT SPA: Progress Toward Le Mans

CORVETTE RACING AT SPA: Progress Toward Le Mans

TF Sport aims to continue strong Spa Six Hours history, now with Corvette Z06 GT3.Rs

DETROIT (May 7, 2024) – TF Sport and Corvette Racing will look to continue its strong first year together as the FIA World Endurance Championship moves to legendary Spa-Francorchamps for Saturday’s Six Hours of Spa.

The pair of TF Sport Chevrolet Corvette Z06 GT3.Rs will look to increase their points total through two races this year and also continue the team’s impressive history in the event. Also looming is the biggest race of the season – the 24 Hours of Le Mans in June.

Both Corvettes tested at Spa in March and completed more than 2,700 kilometers (1,670 miles) in two days around the 4.35-mile, 20-turn circuit. That data will prove useful when it’s combined with TF Sport’s WEC history at Spa – six consecutive podium finishes including third in GTE Am a year ago.

The trio of past Spa 24 Hours winner and Corvette factory driver Charlie Eastwood, past Spa LMP2 winner Rui Andrade and Belgian driver Tom Van Rompuy lead the TF Sport contingent in championship points and stand ninth in the highly competitive LMGT3 class. Van Rompuy’s point for pole position in the No. 81 Corvette Z06 GT3.R at the season-opening race in Qatar is the difference, and the group led the TF Sport attack in the most recent WEC round at Imola with a seventh-place class finish.

The No. 82 Corvette of factory driver Daniel Juncadella – another previous Spa 24 Hours winner – plus Sebastien Baud and Hiroshi Koizumi have recorded points-paying finishes in both WEC rounds to date and in their first two races with TF Sport.

The FIA WEC’s Six Hours of Spa is set for 1 p.m. Central European Time / 7 a.m. Eastern Time on Saturday, May 11. MotorTrend will air live television coverage from 6:30-8 a.m. and noon-1:30 p.m. ET. Streaming coverage of the race and plus Friday’s final practice and qualifying will be available through the FIA WEC app and the MAX app in the U.S. Radio Le Mans will stream audio coverage of the race plus final practice and qualifying.

TF SPORT PRE-EVENT DRIVER QUOTES

TOM VAN ROMPUY, NO. 81 CHEVROLET CORVETTE Z06 GT3.R: “I am very excited to drive the Corvette Z06 GT3.R at my home race this week in Spa. Together with my teammates, we will give everything to fight for a good result. The whole TF Sport crew will provide us again with all the ingredients to aim for a podium finish. Thanks to all the fans for their support and see you in Spa for a great battle in our Corvette Z06 GT3.R!”

DANI JUNCADELLA, NO. 82 CHEVROLET CORVETTE Z06 GT3.R: “Spa is a super-cool place. I love racing there. The track is super special because you have all sorts of combinations of high- and low-speed corners. It’s a long track so it’s quite a challenge to set up a car properly. It can be very difficult and tricky. The middle sector is a high-speed sector where you need a lot of downforce, but then you have the first and third sectors where there are very long straights. It’s always a compromise of how much aero do you want in the car versus how much top speed do you want to get out of it. It’s very unique in that sense. It’s a special place. I won the 24 Hours of Spa three years ago, and those were great memories. I’ve never raced there in the WEC but it’s always cool to go back there no matter the race or championship.”

SEBASTIEN BAUD, NO. 82 CHEVROLET CORVETTE Z06 GT3.R: "It's the third round of the championship at Spa after a rather positive race at Imola where I felt confident with the car by winning the Goodyear trophy. Now at Spa I would like to win a collective trophy with my teammates! We have great pace in the race. Now we have to get on the right track in the race to play at the front. I can’t wait to get to Spa to see the team and this incredible car again!"

2024 FIA World Endurance Championship Points

LMGT3 Drivers Standings

1. Aliaksandr Malykhin/Joel Sturm/Klaus Bachler – 54

2. Augusto Farfus/Darren Leung/Sean Gelael – 37

3. Alex Riberas/Daniel Mancinelli/Ian James – 37

4. Ahmad Al Harthy/Maxime Martin/Valentino Rossi – 36

5. Clement Mateu/Erwan Bastard/Marco Sorensen – 24

9. Charlie Eastwood/Rui Andrade/Tom Van Rompuy – 7

10. Daniel Juncadella/Hiroshi Koizumi/Sebastien Baud – 6

LMGT3 Teams Standings

1. No. 92 Manthey PureRxcing – 54

2. No. 31 Team WRT – 37

3. No. 27 Heart of Racing Team – 37

4. No. 46 Team WRT – 36

5. No. 777 D’Station Racing – 24

9. No. 81 TF Sport – 7

10. No. 82 TF Sport – 6

CORVETTE RACING BY THE NUMBERS: Spa-Francorchamps

• 3: Previous starts for Corvette Racing-affiliated entries at Spa-Francorchamps. Last year’s runner-up finish in GTE Am was the program’s best result

• 4: Generations of Corvette ZR1 (C3, C4, C6 and C7). The eighth-generation Corvette ZR1 will be revealed this summer

• 5: Corvette Z06 GT3.Rs in competition this weekend – Nos. 3 and 4 of Corvette Racing by Pratt Miller Motorsports and No. 13 of AWA at Laguna Seca, No. 81 and No. 82 of TF Sport at Spa

• 6: Consecutive podium finishes for TF Sport in the Six Hours of Spa

• 7: Different drivers to compete for Corvette Racing at Spa since 2021. That number will nearly double to 13 when TF Sport races in WEC this weekend

• 27: Tracks at which Corvette Racing has won races – Baltimore, Charlotte Motor Speedway, COTA, Canadian Tire Motorsport Park/Mosport, Daytona, Detroit, Houston, Laguna Seca, Le Mans, Lime Rock, Long Beach, Miami, Mid-Ohio, Monza, Portimão, Portland, Road America, Road Atlanta, Sebring, Sonoma, St. Petersburg, Texas, Trois Rivieres, Utah, VIR, Washington DC and Watkins Glen

• 47: Number of drivers in Corvette Racing entries since 1999 – Bryan Sellers and Scott Smithson being the latest in GT World Challenge America. Rui Andrade, Sebastien Baud, Hiroshi Koizumi and Tom Van Rompuy joined the list at Qatar to open the WEC season

• 71: Years since Corvette was introduced to the world on Jan. 17, 1953 in New York City. A total of 300 cars were produced that year

• 127: Victories worldwide for Corvette Racing – 115 in North America, nine at Le Mans and three in the FIA WEC

• 290: Event starts by Corvette Racing since 1999

• 376,569.57: Total number of racing miles completed by Corvette Racing entries since 1999. To put that in perspective, Corvette Racing is more than halfway to the distance traveled by Apollo 13 – the longest manned spaceflight in history: 622,268 miles

Corvette Racing at Spa

No. 63 Corvette C8.R: Antonio Garcia/Oliver Gavin – 4th in GTE Pro

No. 64 Corvette C8.R: Tommy Milner/Nick Tandy – 4th in GTE Pro

No. 33 Corvette C8.R: Nicky Catsburg/Ben Keating/Nico Varrone – 2nd in GTE Am

Ryan Smith
Judy Kouba Dominick

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...012ec4760.jpeg

cor123 05-08-2024 02:18 PM

CORVETTE RACING AT LAGUNA SECA: Together Again!

PRESS RELEASE:

CORVETTE RACING AT LAGUNA SECA: Together Again!

Trio of Corvette Z06 GT3.Rs seek to deliver first wins of the IMSA season

DETROIT (May 8, 2024) – Following GTD-only round last month just down the California coast, the Corvette Z06 GT3.R program in the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship is back in full this weekend just off the Monterey coast.

Scenic WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca plays host Sunday to the Motul Corse de Monterey and the first standard-length race on the IMSA calendar – two hours and 40 minutes. The event also is the first for IMSA on a track surface that was repaved last summer and has received rave reviews from Corvette drivers and their competitors.

The three Corvette Z06 GT3.Rs in IMSA – the No. 3 and No. 4 GTD PRO entries from Corvette Racing by Pratt Miller Motorsports and the No. 13 GTD entry from AWA – spent two days testing at the 2.238-mile, 11-turn circuit in April to get a head start on car setup and understanding tire degradation levels with the increased grip level in the new blacktop.

The goal is twofold – to give each team the best chance of scoring their first victories with the first-year Corvette Z06 GT3.R and to extend the Corvette brand’s record of success at the circuit. WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca is one of three tracks – Sebring and Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta later this year are the others – to play host to Corvette Racing entries every season since the program’s debut in 1999.

The track record in Monterey is impressive: eight class victories for Corvette Racing since 2004 and 12 total manufacturer wins for Chevrolet.

The AWA and Pratt Miller teams have differing levels of experience at Laguna Seca. The GTD PRO squad will race there for the 26thh consecutive year – and its drivers have a combined six victories at the circuit including Antonio Garcia and Tommy Milner with multiple wins.

On the AWA side of the paddock, the first-year Corvette team has never raced in Monterey, and only Orey Fidani has previous race experience there – 2021 in the Michelin Pilot Challenge series.

The Motul Corse de Monterey is scheduled for 3:10 p.m. ET / 12:10 p.m. PT on Sunday, May 12. The race will air live on NBC with full streaming coverage also on Peacock. IMSA Radio will air Saturday’s final practice and qualifying plus Sunday’s race at IMSA.com along XM 206, SiriusXM Online 996.

CORVETTE RACING BY PRATT MILLER MOTORSPORTS

PRE-EVENT DRIVER QUOTES

ANTONIO GARCIA, NO. 3 CHEVROLET CORVETTE Z06 GT3.R: "I always enjoy going to WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca and it’s a pleasure to drive. We had a good test there with the Z06 GT3.R and experienced the new asphalt on the track. There is a ton more grip in the track but it is unknown how the race will play out with the combination of the grip level and tire degradation. We have had strong runs there the last two years so hopefully this is the year we can break through for another win.”

ALEXANDER SIMS, NO. 3 CHEVROLET CORVETTE Z06 GT3.R: “It’s been several years since my last GT race at Laguna Seca, although I had a good experience racing the Cadillac there last year in GTP. I always enjoyed competing there as the track presents a massive challenge with grip and tire degradation, even with a new surface. The Monterey area is fantastic and is always enjoyable. I’m looking forward to going back there, this time with the Corvette. We’re right on the cusp of breaking through with this new Z06 GT3.R. Hopefully this is the weekend.”

TOMMY MILNER, NO. 4 CHEVROLET CORVETTE Z06 GT3.R: “I’m happy to go back to Laguna Seca. I’ve been away from the Monterey area for a couple of years so it will be nice to get familiar with the track and that part of the world again. There have been some positive changes to the facility since the last time I was there, including the new track surface, which looks pretty good based on what I’ve heard from both Antonio and Nicky. That’s always nice for us as competitors and it makes for good racing for the fans, as well. The last time I raced there, we came away with a win in the No. 4 Corvette. I’m hoping it’s our turn again this weekend.”

NICKY CATSBURG, NO. 4 CHEVROLET CORVETTE Z06 GT3.R: “It was very eye-opening to test at WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca. I hadn’t been to the track since 2019 in IGTC. But I was very happy to be back and to drive the Corvette again. This is a great track and is an example of why it’s fun to race in America. The elevation changes are massive and there are real penalties for going off-track. Everyone talks about the Corkscrew and while it is very iconic, there are a lot of sections of the track that you have to nail in order to put together a good lap. So I would say we are optimistic going into this weekend and hopeful for a first win for the Z06 GT3.R.”

AWA PRE-EVENT DRIVER QUOTES

MATT BELL, NO. 13 CHEVROLET CORVETTE Z06 GT3.R: “It’ll be another new experience for me at Laguna as I’ve never raced there before, same as Long Beach. The Long Beach weekend was very strong for the team, and the car was really strong, so we’re aiming to take that momentum into this weekend. We want our first GTD podium!”

OREY FIDANI, NO. 13 CHEVROLET CORVETTE Z06 GT3.R: “I think Laguna Seca is a track that every driver wants to race at and looks forward to driving on. I’m excited to be returning here. It’s a track I’m particularly fond of, and myself and Matt have been putting in a lot of work to make sure we’re coming into this round well prepared and ready to hit the ground running. We had a good result last time in Long Beach, and we’ve been steadily improving at each event, so our goal is to continue that progress and challenge for another top finish with our Corvette.”

2024 WeatherTech SportsCar Championship Points

GTD PRO Drivers Standings

1. Daniel Serra/Davide Rigon/James Calado – 722

2. Bryan Sellers/Madison Snow/Neil Verhagen – 624

3. Ben Barnicoat/Jack Hawksworth/Kyle Kirkwood – 617

4. Laurin Heinrich/Michael Christensen/Seb Priaulx – 605

5. Franck Perera/Jordan Peppe/Mirko Bortolotti – 596

8. Alexander Sims/Antonio Garcia/Daniel Juncadella – 520

11. Nicky Catsburg/Tommy Milner/Earl Bamber – 473

GTD PRO Teams Standings

1. No. 62 Risi Competizione – 722

2. No. 1 Paul Miller Racing – 624

3. No. 14 Vasser Sullivan – 617

4. No. 77 AO Racing – 605

5. No. 19 Iron Lynx – 596

8. No. 3 Corvette Racing by Pratt Miller Motorsports – 520

11. No. 4 Corvette Racing by Pratt Miller Motorsports – 473

GTD PRO Manufacturers Standings

1. Lexus – 637

2. Porsche – 625

3. Lamborghini – 596

4. Aston Martin – 594

5. Ford – 547

6. Chevrolet – 542

GTD Drivers Standings

1. Philip Ellis/Russell Ward – 987

2. Patrick Gallagher/Robby Foley – 802

3. Parker Thompson – 792

4. Albert Costa Balboa/Manny Franco – 765

5. Adam Adelson/Elliott Skeer – 740

12. Matt Bell/Orey Fidani – 613

GTD Teams Standings

1. No. 57 Windward Racing – 987

2. No. 96 Turner Motorsport – 802

3. No. 34 Conquest Racing – 765

4. No. 120 Wright Motorsports – 740

5. No. 32 KorthoffPreston Motorsport – 728

10. No. 13 AWA – 613

GTD Manufacturers Standings

1. Mercedes-AMG – 1,077

2. Lexus – 912

3. Porsche – 886

4. Lamborghini – 884

5. Chevrolet – 776

CORVETTE RACING BY THE NUMBERS: WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca

• 3: Tracks where Corvette Racing has competed in each of its 25 previous years: Sebring, WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca and Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta (later this year).

• 4: Generations of Corvette Racing entries at Laguna Seca since 1999 – Corvette C5-R (2000-04), Corvette C6.R (2005-13), Corvette C7.R (2014-2019) and Corvette C8.R/Z06 GT3.R (2020-present).

• 5: Number of Corvettes competing this weekend across IMSA and WEC: Corvette Racing by Pratt Miller Motorsports (two) and AWA (one) at Laguna Seca, and TF Sport (two) at Spa-Francorchamps

• 6: Laguna Seca victories for the current Corvette Racing lineup – Antonio Garcia (three), Tommy Milner (two) and Alexander Sims (one)

• 8: Number of Laguna Seca victories for Corvette Racing dating back to 2004

• 12: Victories at Laguna Seca for Chevrolet in IMSA competition

• 13: Drivers who have competed for Corvette Racing at Laguna Seca. Of those, eight went on to win at Monterey. Nicky Catsburg and Alexander Sims look to join the list this year

• 14: Manufacturer Championships for Chevrolet and Corvette Racing since 2001.

• 27: Tracks at which Corvette Racing has won races – Baltimore, Charlotte Motor Speedway, COTA, Canadian Tire Motorsport Park/Mosport, Daytona, Detroit, Houston, Laguna Seca, Le Mans, Lime Rock, Long Beach, Miami, Mid-Ohio, Monza, Portimão, Portland, Road America, Road Atlanta, Sebring, Sonoma, St. Petersburg, Texas, Trois Rivieres, Utah, VIR, Washington DC and Watkins Glen

• 47: Number of drivers in Corvette Racing entries since 1999 – Bryan Sellers and Scott Smithson being the latest in GT World Challenge America

• 71: Years since Corvette was introduced to the world on Jan. 17, 1953 in New York City. A total of 300 cars were produced that year

• 127: Victories worldwide for Corvette Racing – 115 in North America, nine at Le Mans and three in the FIA WEC

• 13,746.81: Number of racing miles completed by Corvette Racing in its 25 previous trips to Laguna Seca. That represents more than 792 trips around 17-Mile Drive

• 376,569.57: Total number of racing miles completed by Corvette Racing entries since 1999. To put that in perspective, Corvette Racing is more than halfway to the distance traveled by Apollo 13 – the longest manned spaceflight in history: 622,268 miles

Corvette Racing at WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca (wins in bold)

No. 3 Corvette C5-R: Ron Fellows/Chris Kneifel – 2nd in GTS

No. 3 Corvette C5-R: Ron Fellows/Andy Pilgrim – 2nd in GTS (Fellows pole)

No. 4 Corvette C5-R: Justin Bell/Kelly Collins – 4th in GTS

No. 3 Corvette C5-R: Ron Fellows/Johnny O'Connell – 2nd in GTS

No. 4 Corvette C5-R: Andy Pilgrim/Kelly Collins – 3rd in GTS

No. 3 Corvette C5-R: Ron Fellows/Johnny O'Connell – 5th in GTS

No. 4 Corvette C5-R: Andy Pilgrim/Kelly Collins – 3rd in GTS

No. 3 Corvette C5-R: Ron Fellows/Johnny O'Connell – 2nd in GTS

No. 4 Corvette C5-R: Oliver Gavin/Kelly Collins – 3rd in GTS

No. 3 Corvette C5-R: Ron Fellows/Johnny O'Connell – 1st in GTS (O’Connell fastest race lap)

No. 4 Corvette C5-R: Olivier Beretta/Oliver Gavin – 2nd in GTS (Beretta pole)

No. 3 Corvette C6.R: Ron Fellows/Johnny O'Connell – 2nd in GT1

No. 4 Corvette C6.R: Olivier Beretta/Oliver Gavin – 1st in GT1 (Gavin fastest race lap)

No. 3 Corvette C6.R: Ron Fellows/Johnny O'Connell – 3rd in GT1

No. 4 Corvette C6.R: Olivier Beretta/Oliver Gavin – 2nd in GT1 (Beretta fastest race lap)

No. 3 Corvette C6.R: Jan Magnussen/Johnny O'Connell – 2nd in GT1 (Magnussen pole, fastest race lap)

No. 4 Corvette C6.R: Olivier Beretta/Oliver Gavin – 1st in GT1

No. 3 Corvette C6.R: Johnny O'Connell/Jan Magnussen – 2nd in GT1 (Magnussen pole, fastest race lap)

No. 4 Corvette C6.R: Olivier Beretta/Oliver Gavin – 1st in GT1

No. 3 Corvette C6.R: Jan Magnussen/Johnny O'Connell – 2nd in GT2 (Magnussen pole, fastest race lap)

No. 4 Corvette C6.R: Olivier Beretta/Oliver Gavin – 10th in GT2

No. 3 Corvette C6.R: Jan Magnussen/Johnny O’Connell – 6th in GT2

No. 4 Corvette C6.R: Oliver Gavin/Jan Magnussen – 3rd in GT2

No. 3 Corvette C6.R: Olivier Beretta/Tommy Milner – 7th in GT

No. 4 Corvette C6.R: Oliver Gavin/Jan Magnussen – 5th in GT

No. 3 Corvette C6.R: Jan Magnussen/Antonio Garcia – 2nd in GT

No. 4 Corvette C6.R: Oliver Gavin/Tommy Milner – 1st in GT (Gavin fastest race lap)

No. 3 Corvette C6.R: Jan Magnussen/Antonio Garcia – 1st in GT

No. 4 Corvette C6.R: Oliver Gavin/Tommy Milner – 9th in GT

No. 3 Corvette C7.R: Jan Magnussen/Antonio Garcia – 1st in GTLM

No. 4 Corvette C7.R: Oliver Gavin/Tommy Milner – 5th in GTLM

No. 3 Corvette C7.R: Jan Magnussen/Antonio Garcia – 7th in GTLM

No. 4 Corvette C7.R: Oliver Gavin/Tommy Milner – 6th in GTLM

No. 3 Corvette C7.R: Jan Magnussen/Antonio Garcia – 4th in GTLM

No. 4 Corvette C7.R: Oliver Gavin/Tommy Milner – 7th in GTLM

No. 3 Corvette C7.R: Jan Magnussen/Antonio Garcia – 4th in GTLM

No. 4 Corvette C7.R: Oliver Gavin/Tommy Milner – 8th in GTLM

No. 3 Corvette C7.R: Jan Magnussen/Antonio Garcia – 3rd in GTLM

No. 4 Corvette C7.R: Oliver Gavin/Tommy Milner – 5th in GTLM (Gavin pole)

No. 3 Corvette C7.R: Jan Magnussen/Antonio Garcia – 3rd in GTLM

No. 4 Corvette C7.R: Oliver Gavin/Tommy Milner – 4th in GTLM (Milner fastest race lap)

No. 3 Corvette C8.R: Antonio Garcia/Jordan Taylor – 2nd in GTLM (Taylor pole)

No. 4 Corvette C8.R: Oliver Gavin/Tommy Milner – 6th in GTLM (Milner fastest race lap)

No. 3 Corvette C8.R: Antonio Garcia/Jordan Taylor – 2nd in GTLM (Taylor pole)

No. 4 Corvette C8.R: Tommy Milner/Nick Tandy – 1st in GTLM (Tandy fastest race lap)

No. 3 Corvette C8.R: Antonio Garcia/Jordan Taylor – 4th in GTD PRO

No. 3 Corvette C8.R: Antonio Garcia/Jordan Taylor – 4th in GTD PRO

Ryan Smith
Judy Kouba Dominick
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...5beea4368.jpeg

cor123 05-09-2024 11:25 AM

Monterey Sports Car Championship Race Info

Hyundai Monterey Sports Car Championship

IMSA Monterey SportsCar Championship

Race Duration:

2 hours 40 minutes

Circuit Length:

2.238 miles

Monterey, CA

May 10-12, 2024

Entry by Class: n/a

GTP

GTD Pro

GT Daytona

Qualifying: Saturday, May 11, 2024

Live Streaming: http://imsatv.imsa.com/

Peacock Streaming: https://www.peacocktv.com/

7:35-7:50 pm ET Qualifying - WeatherTech Championship (GTD Pro/GTD

48:00 pm - 8:15 pm ET Qualifying - WeatherTech Championship (GTP)

Race Broadcast: Sunday, May 12, 2024

US

TV-NBC: 03:00 -6:00 PM ET NBC

Online-Peacock TV: 03:00-6:00 pm ET

https://www.peacocktv.com/

International: 03:05 to 5:50 PM ET

http://imsatv.imsa.com/

Online Coverage

IMSA.com (includes live images, in-car cameras and announcers)

LIVE TIMING:

http://scoring.imsa.com/

Live Timing for mobile device:

http://scoring.imsa.com/mobile.html

Radio:- XM-not posted

1) Streaming on IMSA TV & Radio Le Mans:

http://radiolemans.0157.org/nplayer.php

2) XM 207

3) SiriusXM Online 992

PIT NOTES:

http://twitter.com/ @CorvetteRacing, @IMSA, @IMSAlive, @WeatherTechRcwy, @PrattMillerMS, @AWARacing

Facebook Post

TICKET INFO: https://www.countyofmonterey.gov/gov...et-information

Corral ticket info: https://www.pvca.org/wp-content/uplo...una24Flyer.pdf

Official Schedule:

https://www.imsa.com/wp-content/uplo...S-050124-1.pdf

Spotters Guide:

https://spotterguides.com/portfolio/24_imsa/

BoP

https://www.imsa.com/wp-content/uplo...P-05012024.pdf

Entry List:

https://www.imsa.com/wp-content/uplo...Entry-List.pdf

Track Map:https://www.imsa.com/wp-content/uplo...-Track-Map.pdf

Pit Lane Assignents

https://www.imsa.com/wp-content/uplo...gnments-V2.pdf

WEATHER:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...1#.U1ancvldWSo

Corvette Corral -see Below

General Admission & Paddock ticket must be purchased separately.

Corvette Parade laps: 6:45 to 7:05 PT

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...8a0651677.jpeg

DGA3 05-09-2024 11:49 AM

I wish I were there in the Corvette Corral! :cool:

cor123 05-09-2024 03:28 PM

Spa-Francorchamp Race Info

Circuit of Spa-Francorchamp
May 9-11, 2024

TV AND LIVE STREAMING:

US & Canada TV Broadcast:

US:
Motor Trend TV Channel (showing 3 hours out of the 6 hours)

Saturday May 11 Part 1: 6:30 am to 8:00 am EDT
Saturday May 11 Part 2: 12:00 pm to 1:30 pm EDT

Max TV-online streaming (can purchase $100 per month)

International: 6:30 am to 1:30 WEC app (Lone Star and Le Mans not available)
Seasonal 59.99 euros, Spa 8.99 euros
https://fiawec.tv/account?purchasabl...55bc13e5fd62be

Canada: 6:30 am to 1:30 pm ET Discovery Velocity

TimeTable:
http://fiawec.alkamelsystems.com/Res...able%20V10.pdf

Practice and Qualifying: May 10, 2024- Spa, Belgium is 6 hours ahead of eastern time

TotalEnergies 6 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps Race Timetable

Thursday 9 May
Free Practice 1: 11:30 – 13:00
Free Practice 2: 17:30 – 19:00

Friday 10 May
Free Practice 3: 11:00 – 12:00
Qualifying + Hyperpole: 14:45 – 16:05

Saturday 11 May
Race: 13:00 – 19:00

Radio: Radio Le Mans (RS1)

http://player.radiolemans.co/

http://radiolemans.0157.org/nplayer.php

Live Timing & pit notes:

https://live.fiawec.com/en/

http://twitter.com/ @CorvetteRacing, @FIAWEC, @circuitspa, @OfficialTFSport,

Official Hastag #WEC , #6HSpa

Facebook:
Facebook Post

Facebook:
Facebook Post

Facebook:
Facebook Post

Spa Map:
http://fiawec.alkamelsystems.com/Res...cuit%20Map.pdf

Spa Entry List:
http://fiawec.alkamelsystems.com/Res...st%2002.05.pdf

Weather:
https://www.myweather2.com/Motor-Rac...s-Circuit.aspx

z28lt1 05-10-2024 09:45 AM

WEC qualifying is over and TF Sport Corvettes will start 8th and 16th at Spa.

cor123 05-10-2024 05:21 PM

CORVETTE RACING AT SPA: Home Hyperpole for Van Rompuy

Press Release:

CORVETTE RACING AT SPA: Home Hyperpole for Van Rompuy

No. 81 TF Sport Corvette to start on fourth row in LMGT3 for Six Hours of Spa

STAVELOT, Belgium (May 7, 2024) – Tom Van Rompuy and TF Sport’s No. 81 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 GT3.R will start on the fourth row of the LMGT3 grid for the Six Hours of Spa Saturday as the team looks to add more FIA World Endurance Championship points to its total.

On his home circuit of Spa-Francorchamps, Van Rompuy led the team’s effort in Friday’s time trials with the eighth-quickest lap in the GT3 Hyperpole session – 2:22.215 (110.169 mph). It marked the second time in three races that the No. 81 Z06 GT3.R advanced to top-10 qualifying this season. The Hyperpole segment was interrupted by a lengthy red flag which took the momentum and life out of the Van Rompuy’s tires for the restart.

As is the case for the full season, Van Rompuy – sixth in the first qualifying session to make Hyperpole – will team with Rui Andrade and Corvette factory driver Charlie Eastwood. They were the highest-finishing TF trio in the previous WEC round at Imola.

Hiroshi Koizumi will start 16th Saturday at Spa in the No. 82 Corvette Z06 GT3.R that he drives with Corvette factory driver Daniel Juncadella and Rui Andrade.

The TF Corvettes are coming off seventh- and eighth-place finishes in the previous round at Imola, proof of the deep and competitive field of GT3 cars in the first year of the class in WEC. Pre-event testing paid immediate dividends for the TF Sport team as Juncadella set the fastest time in class not just for the first session but of all three practices combined.

The hope is that the speed of the Corvettes plus TF Sport’s history in WEC at Spa – six consecutive years on the podium in class – will help put at least one of the Z06 GT3.Rs in the top-three by the end of Saturday’s race.

The FIA WEC’s Six Hours of Spa is set for 1 p.m. Central European Time / 7 a.m. Eastern Time on Saturday. MotorTrend will air live television coverage from 6:30-8 a.m. and noon-1:30 p.m. ET. Streaming coverage of the race will be available through the FIA WEC app and the MAX app in the U.S. Radio Le Mans will stream audio coverage of the race plus final practice and qualifying.

TF SPORT DRIVER QUOTES

TOM VAN ROMPUY, NO. 81 CHEVROLET CORVETTE Z06 GT3.R: “I was a little bit disappointed and I think we could have done a little bit better. Qualifying itself was quite OK, but in Hyperpole I prepped my tires to go for a really good push lap right away. I used a small amount of the peak of tire and then the red flag came. So one heat cycle was done and we cooled down. After that I was not able to get the tires in a good window to push for a good quali lap. In that way it’s a bit disappointing. The positive thing is that it is a six-hour race and we starting already in the points. The car is in a good place and the team did a good job on that. I’m looking forward to starting the race and moving up a few places.”

CHARLIE EASTWOOD, NO. 81 CHEVROLET CORVETTE Z06 GT3.R: “Things have been pretty good. We are making massive steps from Qatar to Imola to here, just as a team continuing to learn the Corvette. Throughout testing, we were trying a lot of stuff internally among ourselves. So the timing screen didn’t look amazing, but we knew had the pace in qualifying. Once we had the red flag, we didn’t seem to be able to switch on the tires again in Hyperpole. The gap is a little bigger than we would have liked so we need to look into that. Versus Imola, I think we are stronger than we were there. All going to plan, but we need to get to the front and try to keep with the front of the pack.”

DANIEL JUNCADELLA, NO. 82 CHEVROLET CORVETTE Z06 GT3.R (after Free Practice 1): "It was a very good start to the weekend for our Corvette. We were testing here a month ago, so that obviously paid its dividends in getting a kick-start ahead of our competition, I believe. The track is still developing. I think there has been some rainy days in the past week, so it was a very dirty track. But balance-wise the car felt good. I'm very happy with how the first session and day went. Obviously it's still early. I don't think it means that much to be up front, but I'd rather be up front than at the back and questioning ourselves. So it was very positive. FP2 was pretty decent too. When we are there or thereabouts at the front, it's always a good sign and gives us confidence. We didn't have any setbacks. The team worked very well around the car, and my teammates did a good job as well. We're looking good for the weekend."

LMGT3 Drivers Standings

1. Aliaksandr Malykhin/Joel Sturm/Klaus Bachler – 54

2. Augusto Farfus/Darren Leung/Sean Gelael – 37

3. Alex Riberas/Daniel Mancinelli/Ian James – 37

4. Ahmad Al Harthy/Maxime Martin/Valentino Rossi – 36

5. Clement Mateu/Erwan Bastard/Marco Sorensen – 24

9. Charlie Eastwood/Rui Andrade/Tom Van Rompuy – 7

10. Daniel Juncadella/Hiroshi Koizumi/Sebastien Baud – 6

LMGT3 Teams Standings

1. No. 92 Manthey PureRxcing – 54

2. No. 31 Team WRT – 37

3. No. 27 Heart of Racing Team – 37

4. No. 46 Team WRT – 36

5. No. 777 D’Station Racing – 24

9. No. 81 TF Sport – 7

10. No. 82 TF Sport – 6

CORVETTE RACING BY THE NUMBERS: Spa-Francorchamps

• 3: Previous starts for Corvette Racing-affiliated entries at Spa-Francorchamps. Last year’s runner-up finish in GTE Am was the program’s best result

• 4: Generations of Corvette ZR1 (C3, C4, C6 and C7). The eighth-generation Corvette ZR1 will be revealed this summer

• 5: Corvette Z06 GT3.Rs in competition this weekend – Nos. 3 and 4 of Corvette Racing by Pratt Miller Motorsports and No. 13 of AWA at Laguna Seca, No. 81 and No. 82 of TF Sport at Spa

• 6: Consecutive podium finishes for TF Sport in the Six Hours of Spa

• 7: Different drivers to compete for Corvette Racing at Spa since 2021. That number will nearly double to 13 when TF Sport races in WEC this weekend

• 47: Number of drivers in Corvette Racing entries since 1999 – Bryan Sellers and Scott Smithson being the latest in GT World Challenge America. Rui Andrade, Sebastien Baud, Hiroshi Koizumi and Tom Van Rompuy joined the list at Qatar to open the WEC season

Corvette Racing at Spa

No. 63 Corvette C8.R: Antonio Garcia/Oliver Gavin – 4th in GTE Pro

No. 64 Corvette C8.R: Tommy Milner/Nick Tandy – 4th in GTE Pro

No. 33 Corvette C8.R: Nicky Catsburg/Ben Keating/Nico Varrone – 2nd in GTE Am

Ryan Smith
Judy Kouba Dominick
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...1f093b3dfc.jpg

z28lt1 05-11-2024 07:55 PM

P1 and P2 and GTD Pro qualifying at Laguna. Car looks fast. Hopefully it stays in one piece.

AWA car wasn’t up to speed, P14 in GTD (am) and P23 in GTD overall

DGA3 05-12-2024 08:23 AM

Race day at Laguna!

:party:

cor123 05-13-2024 04:14 PM

Corvette racing at laguna seca: Spoiler alert

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1607805145