CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-zr1-and-z06-136/)
-   -   [Z06] Live in Chicago? - let me save you many headaches (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-zr1-and-z06/2726310-live-in-chicago-let-me-save-you-many-headaches.html)

blkvette1 11-21-2010 09:16 AM

Live in Chicago? - let Bill Stasek save you some $ and headaches

Read the whole write-up to get to the point of Dealerships in the 21st Century

Rant #1:

I buy the oil and filter from autozone or jiffylube, and take my Z to a small local oil changing station that lets me watch everything they do. So if they have any doubts or they do something wrong... I'm there for to stop them or for them to question.
Rant #2:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z...il-change.html

In 2005 I bought a C6 'Vert from a Chevy Dealer in Chicago. It was nothing more than a "profit center" for a Group out of Detroit - they own 15-20 dealerships. My 1st service exprience (simply adjusting the "hard boot") found me picking the car up with the trunk filled with tools and 15 miles on the car - I exploded! Another was an oil change that cost me 5 miles. Another was them cracking the rocker panel. Yet another was them lifing the car to fix a flat - only to discover they did not have the proper equipment. Enough was enough. So, in January '10 I traded up (cars and Dealers) and bought my Z06 from a different dealer - Bill Stasek in Wheeling IL.

What a selection - more Vettes than you will see anywhere - C6's, Z06's, ZR1's (at least 4-6 of these - pick your color). My "first" dealer had 6-8 Vettes on the lot and was asking $20K over MSRP for their 1 stinking Z06

So, last week, I went to a BMW dealer to talk about a car. We spoke briefly about the economy and car sales being down, etc. I then brought up Bill Stasek Chevrolet in Wheeling and talked about the dealership really moving Vettes. This guy says to me "what do you think his secret is"? So, I told him, and here it is.

#1 There really is a Bill Stasek
He is a heck of a nice guy, he only owns 1 dealership, he goes to work at that dealership everyday - the "buck stops" at Bill. He never has to contact the "home office" about "zip, nada, nothing" - he is the "home office".

#2 Service
Every body hears about having a "special" guy to work on Vettes - they don't tell you it might be a different guy next week. When Bill says this, he means it - the guy's name is "Elvis" - he has returned and works on Vettes and has been there for 10 YEARS.

#3 - Prices
You only move this many Corvettes by being very competitive.

Last Friday, I brought my car in for it's last oil change of the year. I walked down to the bay where Elvis was (yes you can do that) and saw him with a hose and soap washing the INSIDES of the wheels - I had asked him to just wipe them down. I was AMAZED !!

When he was done, the oil was changed correctly, the wheels were shining (including the insides), the car was spotless and it was waiting for me at the door.

I LOVE Bill Stasek Chevrolet and Elvis - you will not find a better combination in Chicago.

My relationship with Bill Stasek Chevrolet has just begun - I think my wife is going to opt for a Chevy "cross over" instead of a BMW X5. Yep, I willl sacrifice "leather" for a truly great Chevy Dealership where customer service is not just talked about by the "parent" company - but rather where it is delivered by the owner.

This is my longest post ever here - but I just had to "get the word out". I am so tired of guys getting frustrated at these "one horse" dealerships with 6 Vettes and "their special guy for Corvettes" or even worse, the ones that have to get everything approved by "corporate".

Remember - when you talk to Bill at Bill Stasek Chevrolet, you are talking to "corporate" - that really means something.

Kudos to Bill Stasek Chevrolet - Wheeling IL.

blaine123 11-21-2010 10:05 AM

Great to hear. Not too many good stories about GM dealers.

Wish there was a good corvette dealer near me.

titletaker 11-21-2010 10:20 AM

I had the exact opposite experience when trying to buy a new 08 Z06. I forget the sales person's name, but I think it bob klegg??? But anyways, I talk numbers with him over the phone and he says come on down, nothing will change. I show up and he takes me over to their warehouse and shows me this new Z06 with more surface scratches on it than a twenty year old vette. I ask him how in the world a vette dealer would show a car to a potential buyer in that condition. He says they are no big deal and pretty much dismisses the issue. Then they look at my trade, which was a 07 with 1500 miles on it in perfect condition. They try pulling some bull about the numbers and I quickly left and never went back. Of course the guy calls me 10 times trying to get me to come back, but I cannot stand sales people that tell you one thing and then change the terms.
This guy tells me before I came the car is sitting in the showroom and it's flawless. I honestly have never seen a used car on a lot with as much swirling and scuffs as this new one did. I'm sure the porter used a filthy wash mit when washing it, but it was horrible.
I cannot comment on the service department, but I'm sure their guy is very good, but when it comes to the sales department, it's thumbs down for me.