CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C3 Tech/Performance (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c3-tech-performance-3/)
-   -   FGregg Racing / Fixed Headlight Options (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c3-tech-performance/2698501-fgregg-racing-fixed-headlight-options.html)

sokoloka 10-09-2010 08:30 PM

FGregg Racing / Fixed Headlight Options

Is FGregg not around anymore?
Email address got bounced back and phone number rings back as disconnected.

www.fgreggracing.com

Was looking at their fixed headlight conversion for C3 vettes, but unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to get one.

Are there any other comparably priced sources for fixed headlights on a 1972?

stinger12 10-11-2010 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by sokoloka (Post 1575572510)
Is FGregg not around anymore?
Email address got bounced back and phone number rings back as disconnected.

www.fgreggracing.com

Was looking at their fixed headlight conversion for C3 vettes, but unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to get one.

Are there any other comparably priced sources for fixed headlights on a 1972?

I'm planning on making my own headlight buckets. As for the lenses, well, I will be making those as well...I'm not a rich guy and can't afford the ones from fgregg.

cottoneg 10-11-2010 01:13 PM

Too bad, I wanted to order his front spoiler. However, the fixed headlight conversion for
C3 Corvettes is available from Guldstrand:

http://www.guldstrand.com/scripts/pr...p?idproduct=44

MrForce 10-12-2010 02:51 PM

lenses

Originally Posted by stinger12 (Post 1575582746)
I'm planning on making my own headlight buckets. As for the lenses, well, I will be making those as well...I'm not a rich guy and can't afford the ones from fgregg.

Are you going to make flat covers or double hump road race style? If you go for the road race style, I bet you will have a few customers, including me.

sokoloka 10-12-2010 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by MrForce (Post 1575598559)
Are you going to make flat covers or double hump road race style? If you go for the road race style, I bet you will have a few customers, including me.

Count me in as an option!

stinger12 10-13-2010 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by MrForce (Post 1575598559)

I am making the double hump ones. I have a "connection" for a perfect female mold. Keep checking my restoration thread...there will eventually be a posting showing how I am making them.

Vintage Exotics 10-14-2010 02:21 AM

Saw this thread and wanted to post a response. Both Gulstrand and I buy these headlight kits and parts from Frank Griegorian but somehow he fell off the face of the Earth. After repeated attempts to contact him, I have decided to remanufacture these in quantity since I need them for my stable of race cars. The lenses in particular are used up in racing and have to be replaced. I have identified a number of changes in the manufacturing process to lower the cost of the parts and make them more affordable. Give me a month or two and I will have them available for sale. Contact me at jim@vintageexotics.com for more details if interested.

shamby 10-14-2010 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by Vintage Exotics (Post 1575615816)
Saw this thread and wanted to post a response. Both Gulstrand and I buy these headlight kits and parts from Frank Griegorian but somehow he fell off the face of the Earth. After repeated attempts to contact him, I have decided to remanufacture these in quantity since I need them for my stable of race cars. The lenses in particular are used up in racing and have to be replaced. I have identified a number of changes in the manufacturing process to lower the cost of the parts and make them more affordable. Give me a month or two and I will have them available for sale. Contact me at jim@vintageexotics.com for more details if interested.

I ordered a set of headlights from this guy on ebay about a year ago. I'll have to say he's an honest and straight up guy to work with. I'm sure what ever he comes up with will be top of the line. Check out his website, cool cars.

Scott Hamby

Vintage Exotics 10-14-2010 11:29 AM

Thanks Scott ! This is not my main means of making money but it is starting to turn into a business for sure. I also have a few of the spoilers and AIR wiper covers for sale as well. I paid for Frank's mold on the spoilers so if I can somehow get a hold of him again ... I will make them in composite. In fact I have a WHOLE LOT of body molds for the C3 including front, rear clip, doors, IMSA front ends, IMSA doors and so on and am thinking about making these in graphit composite gel coated to look like fiberglass - only 1/2-1/3 the weight. I have a 69 coupe race car that might be my first experiment on this ... stay tuned.

BryanB75 10-14-2010 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by cottoneg (Post 1575586499)
Too bad, I wanted to order his front spoiler. However, the fixed headlight conversion for
C3 Corvettes is available from Guldstrand:

http://www.guldstrand.com/scripts/pr...p?idproduct=44

That's funny. $800 for that without the lights :lol:

meinthe73 10-14-2010 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Vintage Exotics (Post 1575618274)
Thanks Scott ! This is not my main means of making money but it is starting to turn into a business for sure. I also have a few of the spoilers and AIR wiper covers for sale as well. I paid for Frank's mold on the spoilers so if I can somehow get a hold of him again ... I will make them in composite. In fact I have a WHOLE LOT of body molds for the C3 including front, rear clip, doors, IMSA front ends, IMSA doors and so on and am thinking about making these in graphit composite gel coated to look like fiberglass - only 1/2-1/3 the weight. I have a 69 coupe race car that might be my first experiment on this ... stay tuned.

post some pics of your lights? what prices are your talking about?

cottoneg 10-15-2010 03:19 PM

Plan on making spoilers also? With the car so low to the ground, they have to be considered a disposable part.

Scooter70 10-15-2010 04:25 PM

E-mail sent. :thumbs:

-Matt

Vintage Exotics 10-16-2010 01:23 AM

5 Attachment(s)
I am planning on reproducing the light kits (lenses, brackets and backing plates), the spoilers, AIR wiper arm covers and a lot of the other fiberglass pieces unique to the C3 race cars. I have spoilers and AIR wiper covers if anyone wants them - contact me offline. Here are some pictures of the lights. I don't want to be confused with being a vendor here - I am just trying to reproduce the parts to keep these guys alive.

ylose 10-29-2010 12:39 PM

Count me in for a bunch of our products.

bstbrgr 10-31-2010 12:43 PM

Hi Jim*

Just read your thread. I have a set of original GM over the counter buckets and light brackets. Dated 1968. I bought these in the mid 70's at Bloomington ( think it was 1974). You can see the original bends, welds and size/placement of the holes to make perfect repros.*

Stratos

TPI BOY 10-31-2010 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Vintage Exotics (Post 1575636295)
I am planning on reproducing the light kits (lenses, brackets and backing plates), the spoilers, AIR wiper arm covers and a lot of the other fiberglass pieces unique to the C3 race cars. I have spoilers and AIR wiper covers if anyone wants them - contact me offline. Here are some pictures of the lights. I don't want to be confused with being a vendor here - I am just trying to reproduce the parts to keep these guys alive.

Nice lights

mtcraigco 10-31-2010 06:18 PM

Thank you for the pics!

Have a set myself and that pic helped tons!

Subscribed for updates too.

SargeZ06 12-12-2010 09:13 AM

I need these covers and backing plates too. Let us know what you are going to do Jim.

Thanks

Steve

vstol 12-12-2010 11:08 AM

email sent, interested in the several part to include the headlight brackets, and covers