CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   Roof recall = totalled vette (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/2698288-roof-recall-totalled-vette.html)

SacCityCorvette 10-11-2010 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by speedlink (Post 1575589890)
I disagree. We need to get rid of frivilous law suits. There is nothing frivilous about this one. :smash:

I totally agree there is nothing frivilous about this one and we need to get rid of frivilous law suites. I must have misread something.:crazy:

Foxer55 10-11-2010 07:34 PM

I think at this point it would be well for all of use to write Koenen and congratulate him to show we can support good dealers around the world. After all, if he is willing to make the gesture we should do something to reinforce his good behavior.

jerrymcb 10-11-2010 07:58 PM

Google translation of dealer website.

Dear reader,

Probably you will find our website through a link from AutoWeek or no style. The story on this website is not correct. The car of the customer is fully reimbursed by us. It seems only logical that a 4 year old car can not be replaced by a brand new one without additional cost. About the capabilities and level of supplement we were negotiating, the customer apparently thought it necessary to the incorrect story on a Corvette forum to put the other sites, after which it was taken without being checked for accuracy. Now it is satisfactorily resolved with the customer. We regret very much that the customer has so think to do.

Below is the customer reaction to AutoWeek that have installed but probably few people read.

Our normal site is temporarily off the air due to overload.

All this for information.

Customer response to Auto Week:
As I've mentioned before, I quite understand that the company Koenen could give me a new Corvette without any extra charge was opposite. However, the fact that I had made an offer where the full surcharge on my plate for me would be totally unacceptable. Especially since under normal circumstances no new Corvette I bought my Corvette years and still could drive around. And the full blame for the loss of my Corvette at the firm was Koenen.

Mr. Koenig and I have an agreement this afternoon in which I and he could find. The issue has been resolved to my satisfaction in this. It was an unfortunate situation which as Mr. Koenig told me forth came as the company Koenen never worked with such an issue had to do and probably not follow through on them is properly addressed. This makes me feel at emergence (also partly due to my misinterpretation of emails I had received from the company Koenen) Koenen me that the company allowed to stand in the cold.

Everything is resolved to my complete satisfaction. I am glad that finally Koenens car company, has shown that they do a proper dealership, as I always thought.

JohnDS 10-11-2010 08:01 PM

OMG, my car is at the dealer for the roof panel replacement!

John:willy:

m48xhp 10-11-2010 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Foxer55 (Post 1575590627)
I think at this point it would be well for all of use to write Koenen and congratulate him to show we can support good dealers around the world. After all, if he is willing to make the gesture we should do something to reinforce his good behavior.

i woundn't go this far, sorry. after all he did steal the guy's car and total it. even if he 100% makes it up to him, he is still a db.:nono:

cartop2 10-11-2010 09:44 PM

If the OP is satisfied, that is what is important.

But it sounded like he only got the dealer to a "no profit" level. I wonder why the wronged party is left paying for the "upgrade" to new while the dealership owner ended up with a no cost solution. He played with someone else's property and destroyed it. There should be some penalty for that.

vettedoogie 10-11-2010 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by SacCityCorvette (Post 1575590427)
I totally agree there is nothing frivilous about this one and we need to get rid of frivilous law suites. I must have misread something.:crazy:

Fortunately, the OP and the dealer reached an agreement but, if they hadn't, it looked like the legal system there had pretty much wiped their hands of this. My point was and remains, who decides what is frivolous and what isn't?

For instance, it isn't deemed frivolous for a corporation to force people with a real beef to spend years and fortunes to get justice.

wim_heitinga 10-12-2010 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by lcbiiimd (Post 1575588144)
blablabla.
Also wonder how much weed he had smoking or alcohol he'd been drinking before doing that?

blablabla.

Americans really think all we do in Holland is smoke weed heh?
I bet you have more backyard/garage methlabs in your area than I (Wim Heitinga ,the one and only) have coffeeshops in my area.
I blame your country's terrible educational system and your right propaganda media for these stupid assumptions about foreigners.
Also I blame CEO's from car companies all over America (the ones that still exist that is) for building gasguzzling flimsy ,plastic cars that
a) send money directly from your gasoline pump to the middle east
b) failed to innovate in any major area

Wonder about that for a little while ;)

jschindler 10-12-2010 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by wim_heitinga (Post 1575594814)
I bet you have more backyard/garage methlabs in your area than I (Wim Heitinga ,the one and only) have coffeeshops in my area.
I blame your country's terrible educational system and your right propaganda media for these stupid assumptions about foreigners.
Also I blame CEO's from car companies all over America (the ones that still exist that is) for building gasguzzling flimsy ,plastic cars that

Hey, thanks for the heads up on all of our problems here in the U.S.

Is the Corvette one of the "gasguzzling flimsy ,plastic cars that
b) failed to innovate in any major area"
cars you are referring to? If so, why are you on this forum?

jamesbertero 10-12-2010 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by jschindler (Post 1575595509)

b) failed to innovate in any major area"
cars you are referring to? If so, why are you on this forum?

:lurk::yesnod:

m48xhp 10-12-2010 10:34 AM

who do you blame for you assuming that all of us assume you are pot smokers? no one in this country feels that way. sorry.

i didn't read that in his comment. He was commenting that he felt the driver may have been intoxicated.

our country is not perfect, neither is yours. we are all in this together. you win some, you lose some. please don't make untrue assumptions about our country either.

thank you.

jamesbertero 10-12-2010 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by m48xhp (Post 1575595892)
who do you blame for you assuming that all of us assume you are pot smokers? no one in this country feels that way. sorry.

i didn't read that in his comment. He was commenting that he felt the driver may have been intoxicated.

our country is not perfect, neither is yours. we are all in this together. you win some, you lose some. please don't make untrue assumptions about our country either.

thank you.

:thumbs::flag:
http://home.grandecom.net/~spiron/HANDCLAP.gif

wim_heitinga 10-12-2010 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by jschindler (Post 1575595509)

yes ,might as well put an AT&T machine in the dashboard to wire it directly from the comfort of your car.
b) failed to innovate in any major area"'cars you are referring to?
well ,corvette really innovated the art of ripping off european sportscars and turning it into a 4 wheeled travesty If so, why are you on this forum?
to get you mad

kthxbye

mschamberger 10-12-2010 12:11 PM

For Christ's sake guys, it's an obvious troll. Don't respond to it. :ack:

Justice 10-12-2010 12:57 PM

I've pretty much posted this on the dutch autoweek forums, and since I live in the states and might be a future corvette owner if I can ever get over my ford passion.

I think one has to be very thickheaded to go for such a "rich" deal and be happy about it. A deal like that would not be possible if one has all their disposable money tied up in such a vehicle. And trust me, people like that exist.

He (the corvette owner) pays 2/3rd of the difference between the value of his old one, and Koenen pays 1/3rd. Some say that is about as good as it gets. I say bull. Koenen claimed that it was impossible to find a suitable replacement without some financial compensation from the other party. Financial compensation that would never have been paid if Koenen did not take the car out for a joyride. You and I know that when you go on craigslist and type in z51 corvette you will get many returns, so the inability to find a suitable replacement shows that Koenen is unwilling to come to a normal solution.

I think the insurance only wanted to pay 50.000, the difference between his old car and a new one with the same options is 70.000. (total price 120.000, I got this from one of the posts) Koenen is thus generously paying 23333.33 towards this, leaving the smart and more money than is good for him corvette owner with a 46666.66 tab. A tab that did not have to be paid if those idiots at Koenen did not take the car out for a shakedown run.

I would never go back to that dealer, would never purchase from that dealer and would refer friends to the forum posts about that dealer to make up their mind. Any smart and sane person without extra disposable income would steer clear. Dealers like this should rot. Without all the media attention you know they would have screwed the corvette owner over royally.

Doing the right thing is apparently a thing of the past. For dealers like Koenen I have only one sentence. "Check your next few quarterly sales figures"

If they stay the same there are way to many bloody rich people in Holland without a brain.

clarkakirby 10-13-2010 12:44 PM

I blame your country's terrible educational system and your right propaganda media for these stupid assumptions about foreigners. Also I blame CEO's from car companies all over America (the ones that still exist that is) for building gasguzzling flimsy ,plastic cars that a) send money directly from your gasoline pump to the middle east b) failed to innovate in any major area. Wonder about that for a little while ;)

I did not take the poster's statement as bashing any country. I believe that he was bashing alcoholic drivers. We, here, have our share of those, too.

OK, I can agree that the educational system is not educating our youth properly since there is a 50% high school dropout rate (mostly minorities) here. But, is it really the fault of the educational system? How about poor parenting?

Right (wing?) propaganda media? Everyone here blames the media for being left-leaning, if not falling over "left". Viewers of Fox News, acknowledged as non-biased, overwhelmingly wins any ratings contests.

I am aware that the U.S. automotive business is not what it once was. But, if you are referring to the Corvette as being a "flimsy plastic car", be advised of a story by a Corvette Forum poster in Europe. His car was taken for a joyride by the dealer and it was "totalled" with the entire front ripped off. The guy walked away almost unscratched!

Also, be aware that the U.S. buys very little oil from the Middle East. We get nearly all of it from Mexico, Venezuela, and Canada. 10%, by law, has to be U.S. produced ethanol. There is no reason to ship oil halfway around the earth to here. However, the U.S. Navy keeps Iran under their watchful eyes so as to keep the Strait of Hormuz open so that you in Europe can continue to receive your oil and refined products (gasoline, etc.). You're welcome.

I believe that your last statement is incorrect. Americans are innovators. Check out operating systems for computers. Also consider our aerospace innovations (last I checked, the U.S was the only country on earth that has sent SIX teams of astronauts to the surface of the moon. I also believe that the U.S. has made some definite medical innovations, or else why would citizens of other countries come here for treatment? :flag:

jamesbertero 10-13-2010 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by clarkakirby (Post 1575608293)
I did not take the poster's statement as bashing any country. I believe that he was bashing alcoholic drivers. We, here, have our share of those, too.

OK, I can agree that the educational system is not educating our youth properly since there is a 50% high school dropout rate (mostly minorities) here. But, is it really the fault of the educational system? How about poor parenting?

Right (wing?) propaganda media? Everyone here blames the media for being left-leaning, if not falling over "left". Viewers of Fox News, acknowledged as non-biased, overwhelmingly wins any ratings contests.

I am aware that the U.S. automotive business is not what it once was. But, if you are referring to the Corvette as being a "flimsy plastic car", be advised of a story by a Corvette Forum poster in Europe. His car was taken for a joyride by the dealer and it was "totalled" with the entire front ripped off. The guy walked away almost unscratched!

Also, be aware that the U.S. buys very little oil from the Middle East. We get nearly all of it from Mexico, Venezuela, and Canada. 10%, by law, has to be U.S. produced ethanol. There is no reason to ship oil halfway around the earth to here. However, the U.S. Navy keeps Iran under their watchful eyes so as to keep the Strait of Hormuz open so that you in Europe can continue to receive your oil and refined products (gasoline, etc.). You're welcome.

I believe that your last statement is incorrect. Americans are innovators. Check out operating systems for computers. Also consider our aerospace innovations (last I checked, the U.S was the only country on earth that has sent SIX teams of astronauts to the surface of the moon. I also believe that the U.S. has made some definite medical innovations, or else why would citizens of other countries come here for treatment? :flag:

Thank you Mr. Kirby. I couldn't have said it better. He and his family would be speaking German right now if it weren't for people like our grandparents. Good riddance to bad rubbish:flag:
:cheers:

ATC399 10-13-2010 12:58 PM

Owner is in business to make money, so he had to try too rip you off...Business 101..Congrats for not taking his lousy offer...

Vmc 02-16-2011 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by vray (Post 1575571954)
This is incredible. The Corvette Nation needs to rise and make sure everyone knows what scum this dealer is.

Email sent to dealer. :yesnod:

Greenstealth 02-16-2011 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Vmc (Post 1576810640)
Email sent to dealer. :yesnod:

you need to read the thread completely.

FrankTank 02-16-2011 05:32 PM

Glad the OP got it resolved. You are a nicer guy than me... the fact that you still have to pay a substancial amount of money out of your pocket for something that was totally not your fault just puts me in awe!

Let's reverse the situation..say they had let you test drive a C6, brand new one off their lot, and you wrecked it like this...

I'd bet they'd be singing a different tune then, and be you'd paying dearly (even though I am sure they have insurance for that)

At any rate, so long as you are happy that is what matters...just hate it that you had to pay even one dime!