CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   93 Octane Gas - Locations Across USA (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/2678472-93-octane-gas-locations-across-usa.html)

ghostrunner 09-10-2010 11:59 AM

93 Octane Gas - Locations Across USA

:flag:I am starting this thread for the simple reason that many of us need and want to be able to buy 93 octane gas for our cars for various reasons. Mainly because our cars are needing this for the performance that is required of this higher octane.

There are several of us, myself included, that love to travel and need to be able to find it in areas other than where we live. Without a simple data base to refer to in planning our trips across the country, it is a hit and miss game of chance. I have done searches to find a web site that has this info with no real luck. I have called AAA and they said "wow no one has ever asked that question."

The corvette crowd isn't the only one looking for this higher gas but we have the largest and most informitive forum on the net. If a member has a question someone here can answer it. So let's make this a very informitive thread on finding our needed 93 octane gas in all the states that is available and pass it on to our members.

I will keep this thread up to date as you post new locations. I will keep it organized by states and if locations change or no longer have it will delete them. By keeping this up to date a member won't have to search thru all the posts to find a location, when they travel across the country on vacations or trips, it will be listed in this first post by states. Then a member can know in advance where he or she can get the needed higher octane without the guessing.

I will search as much as possible to add more locations but need all of your help too. If a location is listed and you know it does not have the 93 octane, then please let me know and will remove it.

Please list your locations in your area here and if it is a state wide service station chain like BP or Shell tell us and will just list it by station name for the state.:bigears

93 at sea level is the same as 91 at 5,000ft

Thanks all for your help:thumbs:

ALABAMA
Easily found thru out 93

ARKANSAS
Easily found thru out 93
Dardanelle - Shell - Hwy 7 - 93
Russelville - Phillips 66 at I-40 & Hwy 7 93

CALIFORNIA
Been told this is 91 octane state

CONNECTICUT
Easily found thru out 93

FLORIDA
Easily found thru out 93

GEORGIA
Atlanta area - BP stations 93

ILLINIOS
Found thru out away greater Chicago area 93
Southern Illinois:
I-57 & IL Route 149 (West Frankfort) - BP,
IL Route 13 just east of Carbondale city limits - Shell
IL Route 13 east side of Carbondale - BP

INDIANA
Most of state major brands - 93
Richmond - BP (Petro) - exit 156 & I70 93

IOWA
North Liberty - Road Ranger - 93

KANSAS
Overland Park - BP Station - 7900 WEST 151ST 93

LOUISIANA
Found thru out state 93

MAINE
Easily found thru out 93

Maryland
All Sunoco 93

MASSACHUSETTS
Easily found thru out 93

MICHIGAN
Easily found thru out 93

MINNESOTA
BP brand only one has it -93

MISSOURI
Ava - Shell - S Jefferson and HYWY 5 - 93
Blue Springs - BP HYY 7 and I70 exit - 93
Jefferson City Phillips Missouri Blvd & Wildwood Dr 94
Joplin - Mac's - 2703 E 32nd st. - 93
Kimberlin City, MO Rapid Roberts 93
Liberty - BP - 1 block east of hwy 291 on hwy 252 - 93
Pacific - Pacific Phillips 66 - exit 257 & I44 - 93
Springfield - Eagle Stop Phillips - S. Kimbrough and E Battlefield - 94
Springfield - Eagle Stop Phillips - W Republic and West By Pass - 94
Springfield - Rapid Roberts - Fremont and E Republic rd - 93
St. Robert - Road Ranger (Pilot) - exit 163 & I44 - 93

MONTANA
Billings - Centex stations 93

NEW HAMSHIRE
Easily found thru out 93

NEW JERSEY
Easily found thru out 93

NEW YORK
Rochester - Sunoco stations 93
Most Sunocos thru out 93 some 94
Almost every where else

NORTH CAROLINA
Easily found thru out 93

OHIO
Northeast Ohio - Some locations 93

OREGON
91 octane

OKLAHOMA
Oklahoma City - 63rd & Western North side of town 93

PENNSYLVANIA
Harrisburg area - Rutters stations 93
Easily found thru out 93

RHODE ISLAND
Easily found thru out 93

SOUTH CAROLINA
Easily found thru out - 93

TENNESSE

TEXAS
Easily found thru out 93
West Texas around Amarillo, Lubbuck and towns west 90

UTAH
91 octane

VERMONT
Easily found thru out 93

WEST VIRGINIA

WISCONSIN
Easily found thru out -93

peter pan 09-10-2010 12:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
In Texas 93 Octane is everywhereAttachment 48154392

pettvette 09-10-2010 12:22 PM

Here's a list of Non-Ethanol gas stations by state, it also includes the octane....

http://pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=TN

markmott 09-10-2010 12:34 PM

Dennis thanks for the GREAT link very helpful.

lebvette 09-10-2010 12:37 PM

Arkansas has 93 everywhere. Probably 2/3 of the stations have it.

Larry

bearphoto 09-10-2010 12:41 PM

Ca is a 91 octane state but if you can get onto small airports and buy the aircraft fuel, its a higher octane.

QUAKEJAKE 09-10-2010 12:42 PM

Ma. and NH. 93 everywhere.

SCMichel 09-10-2010 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by bearphoto (Post 1575282585)
Ca is a 91 octane state but if you can get onto small airports and buy the aircraft fuel, its a higher octane.

Yeah - piston aircraft fuel is 100LL. I would not put that in any car. LL stands for Low Lead. It isn't unleaded.

OregonC6 09-10-2010 12:48 PM

I'm 60 years old. Most likely you're considerably younger. Your post was deja vu for me.

At one time I owned a very nice "stable" of gen one Camaros. Why Camaros? Nostalgia pure and simple they look good but perform terrible etc.

Anyway, I owned two flawless '69 Z-28s and several '68 396s. The Z-28s ( a beautiful car that is a total dog in terms of speed and handling) were stock 11:1 compression. The big blocks were milder at 10.5:1.

I remember vividly planning trips based on where I could STILL GET leaded premium ( like 100 octane ). When that was all gone I started keeping track of where I could get leaded regular to which I'd add higher octane unleaded and various octane boosters I experiemented with.

If I got the "mix" in my tank wrong...even by a little....especially in the Zs......you would not believe the knock. The cars could not be driven at all much less in anything near WOT. NO FUN!!!!

Eventually I sold all these old dogs. The leaded gas was all gone. The octane boosters were a hassle and didn't work anyway.

But I'll say this for Chevy back then.....when these cars that were made to run on aviation gas were sold the gas was available. Nobody even guessed that their fuel would be GONE in just a few years.

The Z06 was introduced and sales began at a time when the recommended fuel for it...93 octane....was unavailable in a very large portion of the U.S. Now the 93 is going bye bye.

But......here's the greater problem.....more and more fuels are being sold that contain alcohol. In my state it's 90/10 by law all year around to reduce air pollution supposedly.

Recently I recall a topic about how converting a vette to E85 was no big deal. I'm skeptical.

What "they" did in the 70s was to junk tens of millions of cars prematurely simply by making their fuel unavailable. It was so simple.

My advice to those of you who didn't live through the withdrawal of leaded premium and then all leaded gas is to really really really enjoy being able to buy GASOLINE. The day may come and it may come FAST that you can't get anything to put in your vette or other newer car.

Footnote: You think I'm an alarmist or just an old fool to be concerned? My only comment to that would be look around you and consider what you'd do if the best fuel you could get was , say, 50% gasoline and the rest alcohol with an octane of 85 or less.

Yes, we all knew back then that there were ways to adapt the old cars to new fuel. Yes, you could rebuild them at lower compression. Yes you could tweak the timing. But , ultimately, just as in a car like the vette that automatically adjusts for octane ( supposedly ) when you do the adjustments you invariably reduce hp and usually won't entirely eliminate the knock.

Scruff Vette 09-10-2010 01:02 PM

Available all over PA. :thumbs:

SCMichel 09-10-2010 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by OregonC6 (Post 1575282655)
I'm 60 years old. Most likely you're considerably younger. Your post was deja vu for me.

At one time I owned a very nice "stable" of gen one Camaros. Why Camaros? Nostalgia pure and simple they look good but perform terrible etc.

Anyway, I owned two flawless '69 Z-28s and several '68 396s. The Z-28s ( a beautiful car that is a total dog in terms of speed and handling) were stock 11:1 compression. The big blocks were milder at 10.5:1.

I remember vividly planning trips based on where I could STILL GET leaded premium ( like 100 octane ). When that was all gone I started keeping track of where I could get leaded regular to which I'd add higher octane unleaded and various octane boosters I experiemented with.

If I got the "mix" in my tank wrong...even by a little....especially in the Zs......you would not believe the knock. The cars could not be driven at all much less in anything near WOT. NO FUN!!!!

Eventually I sold all these old dogs. The leaded gas was all gone. The octane boosters were a hassle and didn't work anyway.

But I'll say this for Chevy back then.....when these cars that were made to run on aviation gas were sold the gas was available. Nobody even guessed that their fuel would be GONE in just a few years.

The Z06 was introduced and sales began at a time when the recommended fuel for it...93 octane....was unavailable in a very large portion of the U.S. Now the 93 is going bye bye.

But......here's the greater problem.....more and more fuels are being sold that contain alcohol. In my state it's 90/10 by law all year around to reduce air pollution supposedly.

Recently I recall a topic about how converting a vette to E85 was no big deal. I'm skeptical.

What "they" did in the 70s was to junk tens of millions of cars prematurely simply by making their fuel unavailable. It was so simple.

My advice to those of you who didn't live through the withdrawal of leaded premium and then all leaded gas is to really really really enjoy being able to buy GASOLINE. The day may come and it may come FAST that you can't get anything to put in your vette or other newer car.

Footnote: You think I'm an alarmist or just an old fool to be concerned? My only comment to that would be look around you and consider what you'd do if the best fuel you could get was , say, 50% gasoline and the rest alcohol with an octane of 85 or less.

Yes, we all knew back then that there were ways to adapt the old cars to new fuel. Yes, you could rebuild them at lower compression. Yes you could tweak the timing. But , ultimately, just as in a car like the vette that automatically adjusts for octane ( supposedly ) when you do the adjustments you invariably reduce hp and usually won't entirely eliminate the knock.

I was around when they eliminated leaded gas, but if I remember correctly, it wasn't long after I started driving. (8.5 years) I had an aunt that had a Camaro with a souped up engine which required leaded fuel. She had to buy the additive to run her car.

In the aviation industry, they are working hard on finding something else to run the airplanes that require 100LL. The EPA has targeted 100LL for death, so everyone is scrambling.

Uncle Meat 09-10-2010 01:14 PM

93 is available throughout Alabama. If you happen to be in central Alabama around Montgomery you can even get 93.5 at any of the Entec stations.

U.M.

Don LT-1 09-10-2010 01:20 PM

93 in Jersey.

Dave_C6 09-10-2010 01:26 PM

What about E-Fuel? Isn't it supposed to have a 101 octane rating?

JoesC5 09-10-2010 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by ghostrunner (Post 1575282132)
:flag:I am starting this thread for the simple reason that many of us need and want to be able to buy 93 octane gas for our cars for various reasons. Mainly because our cars are needing this for the performance that is required of this higher octane.

There are several of us, myself included, that love to travel and need to be able to find it in areas other than where we live. Without a simple data base to refer to in planning our trips across the country, it is a hit and miss game of chance. I have done searches to find a web site that has this info with no real luck. I have called AAA and they said "wow no one has ever asked that question."

The corvette crowd isn't the only one looking for this higher gas but we have the largest and most informitive forum on the net. If a member has a question someone here can answer it. So let's make this a very informitive thread on finding our needed 93 octane gas in all the states that is available and pass it on to our members.

I will keep this thread up to date as you post new locations. I will keep it organized by states and if locations change or no longer have it will delete them. By keeping this up to date a member won't have to search thru all the posts to find a location, when they travel across the country on vacations or trips, it will be listed in this first post by states. Then a member can know in advance where he or she can get the needed higher octane without the guessing.

I will search as much as possible to add more locations but need all of your help too. If a location is listed and you know it does not have the 93 octane, then please let me know and will remove it.

Please list your locations in your area here and if it is a state wide service station chain like BP or Shell tell us and will just list it by station name for the state.:bigears

Thanks all for your help:thumbs:

CALIFORNIA
Been told this is 91 octane state

MISSOURI
Joplin - Mac's - 2703 E 32nd st. 93
Springfield - Eagle Stop Phillips - S. Kimbrough and E Battlefield 94
Springfield - Eagle Stop Phillips - W Republic and West By Pass 94
Springfield - Rapid Roberts - Fremont and E Republic rd 93

Also, Rapid Robert's Conoco and Eagle Stop Phillips 66 you listed are ethanol free....all gas.

In Arkansas, The Phillips 66 at I-40 & Hwy 7, Russellville is 93 and the Shell on Hwy 7 in Dardanelle is 93, but they have 10% ethanol.

bluman 09-10-2010 02:31 PM

93 with 10% ethanol in all NY State, (some Sunoco's also carry 94 Ultra)

lsbrodsky 09-10-2010 02:43 PM

93 in NC

I only see 93 in NC. I looked around a lot before having my SC installed.
Larry

dvilin 09-10-2010 02:46 PM

Sunoco has 93 in all its stations in Rochester, NY.

CH-Z51 09-10-2010 03:47 PM

:iagree: I'm over 60 and have the same concerns. Here in WA 92 octane is still available at selected sites but is disappearing. All our gas here on the west coast is 10% alcohol, I've noticed this concoction go's sour real fast causing lots of problems. It also has a lower boiling point and I now experience occasional vaporlocking in my classic cars, not to mention detonation.

JoesC5 09-10-2010 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by CH-Z51 (Post 1575284588)
:iagree: I'm over 60 and have the same concerns. Here in WA 92 octane is still available at selected sites but is disappearing. All our gas here on the west coast is 10% alcohol, I've noticed this concoction go's sour real fast causing lots of problems. It also has a lower boiling point and I now experience occasional vaporlocking in my classic cars, not to mention detonation.

Fortunately, I can get 91, 93 and 94 without ethanol here in Springfield, MO for my 56 and 64. No way will I ever put any ethanol in my two old cars.

NYC6 09-10-2010 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by bluman (Post 1575283704)

Ive been looking for a LI Sunoco that still carries 94, I dont think there are any. Sure could use that extra point for insurance.

killain 09-10-2010 05:01 PM

:iagree: Same in Pennsylvania. Sunoco is a major chain here.

Gearhead Jim 09-10-2010 05:16 PM

93 octane is the most common premium in Illinois.
Most/all gas here is 10% ethanol.

FKING1 09-10-2010 05:19 PM

93 in Michigan with 10% ethanol.

mtrainer 09-10-2010 05:22 PM

Hi Gearhead - I'm in the Chicago burbs also. Do you know of any places near Geneva? All I've seen around town is 91.

Also there was a thread a month or two ago where someone said that the 10% ethanol was gumming up parts over the long-haul. It seems in Illinois I can't find a station where it isn't already added.

Mark

Gearhead Jim 09-10-2010 06:23 PM

Perhaps it's a Kane County thing? Too close to the air "problems" in Chicago? Out here in McHenry County with the cows, I seldom see 91, it's mostly 93.

I don't think I've had a gasoline-related problem in the 30+ years we've been living here, and that's included ethanol for a long time. I always buy Top Tier gas from stations that do a lot of business, does that help or am I just lucky?

Raazor 09-10-2010 06:47 PM

mine is tuned for 91 but is saw 93 at the Cenex Station in Billings, MT. It's the only one I've ever seen.

NYC6 09-10-2010 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Raazor (Post 1575286477)
mine is tuned for 91 but is saw 93 at the Cenex Station in Billings, MT. It's the only one I've ever seen.

Only tuned for 91? Whats your PSI?

Raazor 09-10-2010 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by nyc6 (Post 1575287061)
only tuned for 91? Whats your psi?

9 ...

NYC6 09-10-2010 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Raazor (Post 1575287094)
9 ...

no issues with detonation on hot days and WOT?

Raazor 09-10-2010 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by NYC6 (Post 1575287178)
no issues with detonation on hot days and WOT?

nope. 2 years now.

BigDs_C6 09-10-2010 08:04 PM

93 is the most common premium here in the Atlanta,GA area... 10% ethanol.

D

dpigguy 09-10-2010 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Gearhead Jim (Post 1575286260)
Perhaps it's a Kane County thing? Too close to the air "problems" in Chicago? Out here in McHenry County with the cows, I seldom see 91, it's mostly 93.

I don't think I've had a gasoline-related problem in the 30+ years we've been living here, and that's included ethanol for a long time. I always buy Top Tier gas from stations that do a lot of business, does that help or am I just lucky?

Yes ...... on both accounts! :rofl:

ghostrunner 09-10-2010 08:59 PM

:thumbs:Thanks all we are doing pretty good for the first day. Seems I live in one of the states that is harder to find. But feel for those living in California.:(

ghostrunner 09-10-2010 09:03 PM

I too am at the 60 mark and remember very well the good days of high octane and not caring if my street rod only got 3 or 4 miles to the gallon. In a good nights fun would go thru as many as three tanks of gas a night. :cheers:

Plus the younger generation never got to experience the good old fashioned gas wars. Now the wars are who can charge the most.:nono:

ZenOhSix 09-10-2010 09:06 PM

Kansas:

BP Station
7900 WEST 151ST
OVERLAND PARK 66223
Tel: 913-897-2014

87 / 89 / 93 octanes

Always see nice cars filling up here for the 93. It is the only one in the metro area.

Thanks,
Mike

QUAKEJAKE 09-10-2010 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by ZenOhSix (Post 1575287928)
Kansas:

BP Station
7900 WEST 151ST
OVERLAND PARK 66223

87 / 89 / 93 octanes

Always see nice cars filling up here for the 93. It is the only one in the metro area.

Thanks,
Mike

BP?:nono:

Rule292 09-10-2010 09:25 PM

Kansas:

BP Station
7900 WEST 151ST
OVERLAND PARK 66223

87 / 89 / 93 octanes

Thanks,
Mike

BP! :thumbs:

93 octane everywhere around PA.
94 Sunoco Ultra easy to find.
Shell (without Ethanol) availale at a ten cent per gallon premium for occasional use.

And Auto Zone having a buy one get one free special on Techron. Life ain't bad in the Keystone State. :flag:

BrianBNM 09-10-2010 09:44 PM

Extremely difficult to find in higher elevations. 91 is max I've ever seen regular pump gas here. Less O2 in the air to start out with so the higher octanes aren't really going to help much.

NYC6 09-10-2010 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by Raazor (Post 1575287187)
nope. 2 years now.

good tuning:thumbs:

Raazor 09-10-2010 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by NYC6 (Post 1575288427)
good tuning:thumbs:

Local guy. Considered "the" turbo guy for the state.

Bill Dearborn 09-10-2010 09:55 PM

:iagree: You can find 93 almost everywhere.

Bill

daveream 09-10-2010 10:43 PM

all over north east Ohio

FortMorganAl 09-11-2010 08:22 AM

I'm surprised no one has pointed out that this is really a function of federal and state laws to meet pollution requirements. When the law says you can't have good gas then no one in that area is going to have good gas. Here is a partial list of cities to avoid. http://www.epa.gov/oms/regs/fuels/420b05013.pdf

That is just a very small list. I've seen a national map but couldn't quickly find it. Bottom line is, if you want 93 octane you usually just have to stop outside metropolitan areas. Never buy gas when you start getting close to a large city.

bluman 09-11-2010 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by NYC6 (Post 1575284814)
Ive been looking for a LI Sunoco that still carries 94, I dont think there are any. Sure could use that extra point for insurance.

Vets Hwy and Broadway in Holbrook

NYC6 09-11-2010 09:00 AM

:thumbs:

NYC6 09-11-2010 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by bluman (Post 1575290914)
Vets Hwy and Broadway in Holbrook

I just called them. 563- 4051.They dont have Ultimate 94 there.

j_digi454 09-11-2010 09:23 AM

All New England (ME, VT, NH, MA, CT, RI) has 93 octane/10% ethanol pretty much standard with all brands.

QUAKEJAKE 09-12-2010 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by Rule292 (Post 1575288148)
BP! :thumbs:

93 octane everywhere around PA.
94 Sunoco Ultra easy to find.
Shell (without Ethanol) availale at a ten cent per gallon premium for occasional use.

And Auto Zone having a buy one get one free special on Techron. Life ain't bad in the Keystone State. :flag:

Let's see BP:thumbs:Is this the same BP that ignored it's employees concerns regarding safety.The same BP that ignored Higher tech safety devices that could have been used that caused loss of life for the sake of profit?You are refering to British Petroleum not some other BP.The same BP that around here that "erased"the "BP" lettering off it's signage. Your morallity IMO is at question my friend and I am glad I live in an area that sees through their :bs and on a whole refuse to give such a business any partonage.They have their fuel today priced out at. 07$ less than all the oyher station around but they are buying off few takers including me. BP sucks

cmonkey713 09-12-2010 01:08 PM

Oklahoma, almost non-existent. I have no idea why. 91 octane is about it. there are a couple of places in Oklahoma City and One in Tulsa I understand that you can get non-ethanol 93 and 100+ from the pump.

C6~Missle 09-12-2010 01:43 PM

Citgo here in NC used to carry 100 octane and was labeled race gas. About $1 more than premium. Many Citgo's were taken over by Texaco. 93 octane is the normal premium here.

Vette_DD 09-12-2010 01:57 PM

93 octane all over middle TN. Most seem to be 10% ethanol.

ghostrunner 09-12-2010 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by cmonkey713 (Post 1575301128)
Oklahoma, almost non-existent. I have no idea why. 91 octane is about it. there are a couple of places in Oklahoma City and One in Tulsa I understand that you can get non-ethanol 93 and 100+ from the pump.

If you know the locations would be helpfull:bigears

ghostrunner 09-12-2010 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by JoesC5 (Post 1575283436)
Also, Rapid Robert's Conoco and Eagle Stop Phillips 66 you listed are ethanol free....all gas.

In Arkansas, The Phillips 66 at I-40 & Hwy 7, Russellville is 93 and the Shell on Hwy 7 in Dardanelle is 93, but they have 10% ethanol.

Being you are from Springfield area, do you know of any with 93 with or without ethanol in the Branson area?:bigears

c4cruiser 09-12-2010 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by CH-Z51 (Post 1575284588)
:iagree: I'm over 60 and have the same concerns. Here in WA 92 octane is still available at selected sites but is disappearing. All our gas here on the west coast is 10% alcohol,

Every place I have stopped for gas throughout WA has 92 octane for premium. Or at least at the "name brand" stations like Chevron, Texaco, Shell, and BP. Maybe Safeway, ARCO, and Costco have 91 octane (I don't buy gas there) but I have yet to see any 91 stuff at brand name stations.

Some brands don't have a 10% mix of ethanol in premium fuels but it's in almost all 87 octane stuff. But it won't be long before ethanol in even higher percentages for all grades will be the norm.

I think that most all stations in Oregon has 92 octane gas for premium.

Back in the 60's I remember buying "Chevron Custom Supreme" for my 69 Road Runner on drag racing nights. $5 got me about 12 gallons and that was enough for the round trip to Puyallup Raceway and back and maybe a dozen passes.

Back then, I used to see Washington State Patrol cars (late 60's Plymouth Fury III's with 440's and 427 Impalas) filling up with Custom Supreme. Figured if it worked for them, it would work for me. :yesnod: :lol:

JoesC5 09-12-2010 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by ghostrunner (Post 1575303380)
Being you are from Springfield area, do you know of any with 93 with or without ethanol in the Branson area?:bigears

No, I've never filled up in Branson, but I think 91 is the best you can get there.

Anther station I filled up with 93 at was a Conoco in Cullman AL on Hwy 72 and another was at a Chevron in Lincoln, AL, I-20 and Hwy 77. I'm pretty sure I got 93 at a Exxon station on rte 302 in Olive Branch, MS.

joghotrod 09-12-2010 08:25 PM

Louisiana also has 93 with 10% ethanol all over the state. Some areas may not have the ethanol.

Jimmy

K9KUZ 09-12-2010 10:56 PM

Didn't I learn in high school chemistry that octane ratings are a function of altitude? 93 at sea level is the same as 91 at 5,000ft. ...or something like that... chime in all you chemistry professors...

quicksilver436 09-13-2010 09:20 AM

93 Octane in Liberty, MO
BP Station
1 block east of hwy 291 on hwy 252

Silver Fox 09-13-2010 11:16 AM

93 Octane Gas

You would probably use up less space if the States that do not have 93 octane were listed.
Having resently returned from a trip to Pensacola to attend a Military reunion I had the oportunity to use the 93 octane gas available in some of the states I was passing through. Well fellow Corvette drivers I had no idea the change would be so noticeable especially during acceleration. The engine advances the timing when it senses the higher octane fuel and that increases the performance. :thumbs::flag:

ghostrunner 09-13-2010 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Fox (Post 1575309789)
You would probably use up less space if the States that do not have 93 octane were listed.
Having resently returned from a trip to Pensacola to attend a Military reunion I had the oportunity to use the 93 octane gas available in some of the states I was passing through. Well fellow Corvette drivers I had no idea the change would be so noticeable especially during acceleration. The engine advances the timing when it senses the higher octane fuel and that increases the performance. :thumbs::flag:

That would probably be a good idea but I have not heard from all states and some states only have it in a few areas. So this is the reason am doing the way I have started out. Thanks for your input on the difference in performance, it does make a difference.:thumbs:

Nd4spd2 09-13-2010 01:12 PM

No problem finding it in Wisconsin anywhere I've been. I took a trip from Wisconsin to Southern Texas back in June and had a tough time finding 93. There are some places in Iowa but not many, didn't find any in Missouri or Oklahoma but once we were in Texas it was readily available.

coolcat 09-13-2010 01:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just filled the tank of my 08 coupe with Shell V-Power 93 octane gasoline. :cool:
It's available all over Northeastern Ohio. :thumbs:

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/g...Power-Logo.jpg

Attachment 48154379

ghostrunner 09-13-2010 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Nd4spd2 (Post 1575310939)
No problem finding it in Wisconsin anywhere I've been. I took a trip from Wisconsin to Southern Texas back in June and had a tough time finding 93. There are some places in Iowa but not many, didn't find any in Missouri or Oklahoma but once we were in Texas it was readily available.

:thumbs::thumbs:This is the exact reason I have decided to do this. When we travel out of our own familiar areas we don't know how to find the higher octane or if it is even available which in his case it was on his route but he didn't know where to find it.

Without all of your help this thread, wouldn't be possible. It will eventually help many of us in pre planning our trips. :flag:

ghostrunner 09-15-2010 08:25 AM

Hey everyone we still have alot of states missing.:lurk:

Nd4spd2 09-15-2010 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by ghostrunner (Post 1575329896)
Hey everyone we still have alot of states missing.:lurk:

You haven't added Wisconsin to your original post yet either. :cheers:

ghostrunner 09-15-2010 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by Nd4spd2 (Post 1575329962)
You haven't added Wisconsin to your original post yet either. :cheers:

sorry missed that but have it now:flag:

ghostrunner 09-17-2010 04:39 PM

Ttt

N8sFavToy 09-17-2010 05:53 PM

A lot of Ohio has 93. I don't think I've seen 91 since i moved to Columbus. And I fill up in Cincinnati fairly often too.

filmjay 09-17-2010 07:07 PM

93 all over Tennessee.

I use Shell V-Power every day.

CH-Z51 09-17-2010 08:30 PM

I can tell you that Oregon is 91 octane state just like Kalifornia. I live in WA and there is NO 94 or 93 octane available, and 92 is becoming scarce.
:eek:
You people living on the east coast are fortunate that the liberal "green" policies haven't taken hold like they have here on the left coast. :flag:

saplumr 09-17-2010 09:15 PM

Readily available in WV.

ghostrunner 09-17-2010 09:57 PM

Thanks all we are getting closer on all of them,:thumbs:

Gannet 09-18-2010 01:51 PM

I've traveled by Vette in most of the US except the Northeast. Octane availability is mostly on a state-by-state basis. Many states out West are 91 octane. The rest we have been to are 93.

I think the reality is that if you intend to use your Vette as a travel car you have to set it up for 91 octane. If it's a factory tune on a C5 or C6 it's already set up to handle either, it just performs better on 93, as already pointed out. If you have a modded car consider having two tunes, one for 91 and one for 93, and swap them out as needed. As Raazor has demonstrated, even a strong FI car can be set up on 91.

Even if a few dedicated stations in 91 states have higher octane gas, so what (unless you're a local)? What are you going to do if you run out before you get there? Better to just suck it up and tune for 91. If the LS7 can run on 91, so can your car.

ghostrunner 04-19-2011 02:37 PM

Posted couple updates for Missouri

cclive 04-19-2011 03:09 PM

I have never seen 93 in Nevada. Also 100LL from an airport will quickly ruin a catalytic converter....bad idea. 100LL is called "low lead" but the "low" is compared to previous leaded avgas...100LL still contains significantly more lead than automotive gasoline did before unleaded arrived.:thumbs:

Larry/car 04-19-2011 03:28 PM

Avgas is 100 octane but contains lead. Some FBO's will not sell to automobiles.

rollin18 04-20-2011 06:37 PM

Or: 92

OREGON is 92
as a life long resident thats the highest you can get from the pump here

there are a couple "methanol free" pumps but thats it! and they are about 50. cents a gallon more!!

Jimmyjoe 04-20-2011 08:04 PM

Jefferson City
Eagle Stop Phillips Hwy 50 West 94

MachAll 2005 05-05-2011 12:00 PM

Going away FAST

WE had a local truck stop that had 93 with Ethanol last year, now it is 91. Also had a BP station last year that had 92 without E ... BP told them it they would only be able to get 91 with E in 2011 so they switched to Shell last last year....now has 93 without E......it is trucked in over 130 miles a cost around 40 cents above others.
For some reason, our ZR1 doesn't like 91 with E.

Russell ZR1 05-05-2011 12:28 PM

lovin Cali's 91, :ack: darn green people...and it's still expensive compared to other states 93,94, it's all the other additives, we will soon switch to our summer blend of gas so prices will increase a few cents more. :thumbs:

pingrr 05-05-2011 01:17 PM

All Sunoco station sin Maryland carry 93 octane

427silverhotrod 02-07-2012 08:41 PM

Kansas:

BP Station
7900 WEST 151ST
OVERLAND PARK 66223

87 / 89 / 93 octanes

Thanks,
Mike

Is there no other in Olathe, I've been using this station for my car but a bit of a drive unless I'm eating at Jalapenos. Were can we get race gas/ is ther a stationin the KC metro that sells it?

CyberGrayGS 02-08-2012 09:24 AM

Southern Illinois:
I-57 & IL Route 149 (West Frankfort) - BP,
IL Route 13 just east of Carbondale city limits - Shell
IL Route 13 east side of Carbondale - BP

fnbrowning 02-08-2012 10:26 AM

DO NOT USE AVGAS IN A MODERN CAR. Using 100LL AVGAS in the fuel will kill the catalytic convertor and oxygen sensor(s) in newer vehicles.

Another thing to keep in mind about aviation fuel in an automotive engine is that it's very vapor resistant. That is because aircraft fly through not only temperature changes but also dramatically lower barametric pressure as altitude increases. Avgas does make it harder to tune the car for street driving on a cold morning.

RUBYREDVET 02-08-2012 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by K9KUZ (Post 1575306566)
Didn't I learn in high school chemistry that octane ratings are a function of altitude? 93 at sea level is the same as 91 at 5,000ft. ...or something like that... chime in all you chemistry professors...

BINGO, we have a winner.:thumbs:
Haven't read to the end of this thread to see if anyone else has picked up on this seemingly little known fact.:cheers:

JoesC5 02-08-2012 01:17 PM

Add Hi Octane Fuel Xpress in Fayetteville, Arkansas to the list. 94 and 104 ethanol free Sunoco unleaded.

Don-Vette 02-08-2012 02:13 PM

It's all over the northeast.

veni vidi vert 02-08-2012 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by peter pan (Post 1575282348)

I wish...:ack:

Up here in the higher elevations (Lubbock, Amarillo, and west) 90 octane is about all you'll find. As mentioned before, altitude has an effect on it..

JoesC5 02-08-2012 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by 427tex (Post 1579958159)
I wish...:ack:

Up here in the higher elevations (Lubbock, Amarillo, and west) 90 octane is about all you'll find. As mentioned before, altitude has an effect on it..

The gas's octane is the same no matter what the altitude. Engines don't need as high an octane gas at the higher altitudes, so the gas stations purchase lower octane gas. The pipelines move gasoline of many different octane ratings.

ghostrunner 02-09-2012 10:16 PM

Have updated the recent stations plus the fact that 91 octane at the higher elevation is the same as the 93 octane. thanks all:cheers:

Travelor 02-10-2012 08:19 AM

Obamagas

Just wait until we are subjected to Obama Administration mandated 15% ethanol added gas.

Also there was a mention to 93 octane gas becoming a thing of the past - anyone heard of this?

How is CHANGE doing you now?

George

Wayne O 02-10-2012 09:16 AM

I've heard a rumor there's 93 octane at a station at Speedway Blvd. and Alvernon here in Tucson but for all practical purposes it's 91 octane only in Arizona. Thanks to the government Overlord's at the EPA our fuel is oxygenated or cut with 10% ethanol during the winter months. There are, however, a very few stations that sell 100+ octane racing fuel. The Love's off I-10 and Wild Horse Pass Road (near Firebird Raceway) comes to mind. My engine is setup to run on 91 octane so I wouldn't buy 93 even if it was widely available.

Originally Posted by SCMichel (Post 1575282873)
I was around when they eliminated leaded gas, but if I remember correctly, it wasn't long after I started driving. (8.5 years) I had an aunt that had a Camaro with a souped up engine which required leaded fuel. She had to buy the additive to run her car.

In the aviation industry, they are working hard on finding something else to run the airplanes that require 100LL. The EPA has targeted 100LL for death, so everyone is scrambling.

Sadly, as a byproduct of their onerous regulations the EPA has targeted our entire economy for death.

vettenut 02-10-2012 12:49 PM

93 Octane

Kentucky - nearly everywhere I have been has 93 Octane

_zebra 01-09-2013 11:54 PM

anybody find anything above 91 left in South Dakota... Rapid City in particular?

i just moved out here & am tuned for 93 on 11psi with a stock LS1. (by the way - there's only one 93 station in Abilene, TX: the Valero by the mall on Buffalo Gap Rd) no problems in TX but i don't want to chance the altitude thing up here

cmark84 01-24-2014 04:41 PM

I wish 93 was common in Kansas City. Kinda miss living in NJ where it's at every gas station

zero11 01-26-2014 07:04 PM

An easy way to find gas prices in your travels, those of you with smartphones, you can get the "YP" app. (Yellow pages) It's free. It will show you any gas stations in the area along with the grades of gas and current prices. Good for restaurants in your area too.