CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C4 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-general-discussion-34/)
-   -   Hot rod magazine c4 track video (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-general-discussion/2639346-hot-rod-magazine-c4-track-video.html)

hotrodmag 07-16-2010 04:25 PM

Hot rod magazine c4 track video

:lurk: ENJOY!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kl6wiJGXl3o

Sweet 90 07-16-2010 05:00 PM

Well, at least they found an easy way to change the rear taillight bulbs:leaving:

Shaf1970 07-16-2010 05:04 PM

Thought the idea of hot rodding was to make if faster, so you had a cool toy. Not trash it. Why not a "how to squeze a LS9 in your C4"?

Joe B. 07-16-2010 05:22 PM

Long time subscriber. May cancel now.

Salvi 07 07-16-2010 05:34 PM

wow... just wow... :nono:

Pwnage1337 07-16-2010 05:58 PM

I could've used the bumper covers....

RollaMo-LT4 07-16-2010 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Joe B. (Post 1574719532)
Long time subscriber. May cancel now.

:iagree:
No kidding.

Now I know why Freiburger never pays much attention to my car on Power Tour. :rofl:

Good thing Mike and I didn't stop when he took this picture. We might have suffered the same fate.
He was searching for candidates. :willy:
http://www.hotrod.com/powertour/2010...photo_372.html

Picture from the above link:
http://image.hotrod.com/f/29464645/h...freiburger.jpg

Sweet 90 07-16-2010 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by RollaMo-LT4 (Post 1574720005)
No kidding.

Good thing Mike and I didn't stop when he took this picture. We might have suffered the same fate.

Good thing Mike had his AL on, probably blinded him:rofl:

RollaMo-LT4 07-16-2010 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Sweet 90 (Post 1574720034)
Good thing Mike had his AL on, probably blinded him:rofl:

<Coke Spew> :rofl::rofl:

BrianCunningham 07-16-2010 06:25 PM

HotRodMag finally joined the forum, and THIS is what you post?

Must be some real jealous people over there.

r15 07-16-2010 06:28 PM

How much for the glass targa?... oh wait...

ps374 07-16-2010 06:37 PM

! Barbarians!

pologreen1 07-16-2010 06:49 PM

Are these the dumb asses, that wanted some free rims for the 85 vette.

What a couple of jag offs.

GREGG-73 07-16-2010 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by BrianCunningham (Post 1574720106)
HotRodMag finally joined the forum, and THIS is what you post?

Must be some real jealous people over there.

OOOP'S....:cheers:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c4-g...ette-hack.html

Stay in tune....:thumbs:

F22 07-16-2010 07:04 PM

I'd bet the whole idea behind this was to make a 'go-cart' out of a Corvette on the cheap. Simply thrash and remove everything unnecessary to the basics and there you go.

Nothing innovative there and while they are free to do whatever they want, it strikes me as somewhat irreverent and even unrespectable, because unlike stripping down a 34' or 32' Ford Coupe to make it a Hi-Boy or something similiar, they took a somewhat beatup C4, beat up on it some more and then thrashed it like it was a total POS. That's not Hot Rodding and I'm not impressed. :ack:

Bronze85 07-16-2010 07:04 PM

http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/a...129/retard.jpg :nono:

BrianCunningham 07-16-2010 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by F22 (Post 1574720455)
I'd bet the whole idea behind this was to make a 'go-cart' out of a Corvette on the cheap. Simply thrash and remove everything unnecessary to the basics and there you go.

Nothing innovative there and while they are free to do whatever they want, it strikes me as somewhat irreverent and even unrespectable, because unlike stripping down a 34' or 32' Ford Coupe to make it a Hi-Boy or something similiar, they took a somewhat beatup C4, beat up on it some more and then thrashed it like it was a total POS. That's not Hot Rodding and I'm not impressed. :ack:

People have been putting Corvette, and Jag for that matter, IRS in hotrods for years, but they don't usually act like bafoons when they trash the donor cars.

tommyn 07-16-2010 07:21 PM

Great video!!

Red. 07-16-2010 07:28 PM

Good job. You've alienated C4 owners and will lose subscriptions.

RetiredSFC 97 07-16-2010 07:51 PM

they are not car guys, they are circus freaks
wtf

RetiredSFC 97 07-16-2010 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by RollaMo-LT4 (Post 1574720005)
No kidding.

Now I know why Freiburger never pays much attention to my car on Power Tour. :rofl:

http://www.hotrod.com/powertour/2010...photo_372.html

Picture from the above link:
http://image.hotrod.com/f/29464645/h...freiburger.jpg

Man I love this picture!

If they would have come to within a block of me I imagine they would have had a permanent tattoo of dip**** written on their forehead.

(the car looked pretty well trashed already but damn man show some respect. You're supposed to be a car magazine)

bdw18_123 07-16-2010 08:12 PM

Yeah, that video is pretty stupid. Wow, they can cut up a C4 and rip the doors off. That took SO much talent. :rolleyes: Any Joe Shmoe could do the same thing in his back yard with a sawzall. And to top it all off, you have a couple of morons jump up and down on the body parts you cut off? WTF? What are you trying to prove anyway? :toetap:

Hot Rod Magazine, that was a really retarded idea and I agree with the others that have said you have alienated lots of C4 owners and will probably lose subscriptions. I would expect a lot better from a magazine like you.

Here's what you SHOULD have done with that C4: Made it into a nice track car, built up a high HP motor for it and show what an awesome track car the C4 can be. Lots of pics & info in the magazine and vids on your website on the build progress and you would have lots more subscriptions and interested parties following along.

But nope, you missed your chance. You must have monkeys running your magazine or something... :rolleyes:

CRUZN C4 07-16-2010 08:54 PM

Maybe they should've done that to a Mustang or a Viper. That vid was in bad taste. Being a C4 fanatic that was a waste of a good Corvette considering it was carbed.

Road Agent 07-16-2010 09:07 PM

That video should help sell a lot of magazine subscriptions! Very smart move posting that sh_t on the Corvette Forum! :leaving:

PLRX 07-16-2010 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by hotrodmag (Post 1574719011)

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/j...TrollAlert.gif

socalman 07-16-2010 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by PLRX (Post 1574721631)

bout time! I feel much better now :lol:

pologreen1 07-16-2010 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by PLRX (Post 1574721631)

I like the comments in the video too:D

carguy604 07-17-2010 06:07 AM

Dear HotRod Magazine,
When we were very young, my younger brother and I cut up a perfectly good 4-door '67 Beaumont Sedan with a oxy-acetylene torch(think '67 Chevelle - Beaumont was a Canadian Pontiac that was much nicer than a regular Chevelle) in order to build up a really ratty and rusted-out '67 Beaumont 2-door Coupe. The coupe never did amount to much and, 25 years later-on, we're still saying to ourselves "WTF were we thinking?!". I can now say that I'm truly embarrassed to admit that I was party to that stupidity, but for HotRod Magazine to publicly do that to a Corvette (no matter how ratty it was) is not only wasteful, it's truly shameful!

Can you imagine HotRod Magazine's founder Robert E. Peterson chopping up a 1923 Auburn Boat Tail Speedster in the innagural edition of the magazine in 1948? Can you imagine him desecrating the Auburn's body panels in the same shameful manner and just tossing the body parts in the dumpster after having jumped on them? After all, by 1948, the Auburn would've been just another old, worn-out, out-dated sports car...

No, I think not!

HotRod Magazine, you've gone too far. You've crossed a line with your readers, with Corvette fans, and with gearheads of all stripes... Anyone can demolish a car, but it takes talent and creativity to build one. Your video displays no talent, no creativity and no respect for what was (at the time) a leading-edge sports car.

Shame on you, HotRod!

May you spin a bearing in your daily driver at a most unfortunate time!

Sign me,
"Not Angry, Just Plain Old Disgusted"

five-oh 07-17-2010 07:56 AM

Now, I'm glad I let my long time subscription expire. This proves that the mag is way out of touch. Absolutely retarded.

mdlfcrss 07-17-2010 08:51 AM

this might be a perfect time to pick up this months copy of Car Craft !

Joe B. 07-17-2010 08:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The July issue of the rag features the resurrection of one of editor Freiburger's cars, a '70 Coronet. It is not an attractive auto but a muscle car none the less. What would be the reaction if they had unceremoniously trashed it instead for all their readers to see?

jeffp1167 07-17-2010 09:38 AM

Very stupid to say the least! I am going to be canceling my subscription asap.

GS 163 07-17-2010 10:21 AM

Am I the only one sitting here wondering what all the fuss is about? Sure it is a corvette, and this is a forum focused on corvettes. While I dont quite see the point in trashing an already trashed looking '85 corvette and posting it on a corvette forum for all corvette enthusiasts to see, would our reaction here be different if it were and '85 camaro, trans am, or mustang?

Shaf1970 07-17-2010 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by GS 163 (Post 1574725043)
Am I the only one sitting here wondering what all the fuss is about? Sure it is a corvette, and this is a forum focused on corvettes. While I dont quite see the point in trashing an already trashed looking '85 corvette and posting it on a corvette forum for all corvette enthusiasts to see, would our reaction here be different if it were and '85 camaro, trans am, or mustang?

Yes, what they did is worse than the Goverments cash for clunkers program.

Should have built a cheap ride, not junk it.

Freiburger 07-17-2010 10:38 AM

And what if I told you all that we're going to make that thing outrun a new Corvette for dirt cheap? That was a teaser vid...not the whole story. On purpose. More to come.

None of you would have bought a single body or interior part off of that thing. Maybe the hood and lights. The top was crazed, nose cracked, rear hatch cracked and gross tinted, interior totally disgusting. It had been flooded.

I don't see Corvette guys getting irate when street rodders buy cheap C4s, rob the suspension, and send them to the junkyard. Does that mean they hate all C4s? The difference is that we had some fun being buffoons, and we're actually using the entire chassis? OK. We made it go faster and look better for no money. That's hot rodding.

Have at it.

David Freiburger
Editor In Chief
Hot Rod Magazine
HotRod@hotrod.com

ch@0s 07-17-2010 10:48 AM

:crazy: AZZZZ heoles
What is the propose of this video but to make a mockery of the C4.

PLRX 07-17-2010 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by ch@0s (Post 1574725270)
:crazy: AZZZZ heoles
What is the propose of this video but to make a mockery of the C4.

Are they legit hot rod magazine people?

Hey I could grab stencils and make a Playboy banner and have an amateur night audition. 5"5-5'9", red heads, blondes and brunettes and DDs only :D

jeffp1167 07-17-2010 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Freiburger (Post 1574725194)
And what if I told you all that we're going to make that thing outrun a new Corvette for dirt cheap? That was a teaser vid...not the whole story. On purpose. More to come.

None of you would have bought a single body or interior part off of that thing. Maybe the hood and lights. The top was crazed, nose cracked, rear hatch cracked and gross tinted, interior totally disgusting. It had been flooded.

I don't see Corvette guys getting irate when street rodders buy cheap C4s, rob the suspension, and send them to the junkyard. Does that mean they hate all C4s? The difference is that we had some fun being buffoons, and we're actually using the entire chassis? OK. We made it go faster and look better for no money. That's hot rodding.

Have at it.

David Freiburger
Editor In Chief
Hot Rod Magazine
HotRod@hotrod.com

I would say you succeeded in losing some subscriptions but that is about it .. :thumbs::thumbs:

Shaf1970 07-17-2010 11:08 AM

Have at it.

David Freiburger
Editor In Chief
Hot Rod Magazine
HotRod@hotrod.com

Good you now sound like you were going to hot rod it, I take back what I said and I'll look forward to the magazine at the news stand.

C4's are dirt cheap, and make it so that just about anyone can own a Corvette and do a little hot rodding.

Loby 1 07-17-2010 11:18 AM

Have at it.

David Freiburger
Editor In Chief
Hot Rod Magazine
HotRod@hotrod.com

Time to "have at it" as you say.

As far as "robing suspension" goes...That has , at least to me an obvious purpose.

I am glad you guys had fun being buffoons, looks like you guys are naturals. Your video does not describe what hot rodding is all about. To a viewer it shows the lack of respect for the C 4 and its history. It also shows a lack of respect for those of us that spend tons of money and time in restoring these Corvettes for car shows, track racing, drag racing and just the pure satisfaction of driving them for one's personal pleasure.

Your magazine sure is not what it used to be.

I question your intentions for joining this forum.

big wave 07-17-2010 11:58 AM

Love that - Might do that to my c-bore as well.. GREAT VIDEO--

Joe B. 07-17-2010 12:08 PM

The video says, "We take a perfectly good '85 Corvette".
I don 't think suspension pieces are generally taken from "perfectly good" donor cars. However, if you are taking this to a higher level, I will take a wait and see attitude as the C4 is one of a dwindling supply of cars that can actually be rodded the old fashioned way. Not on topic, but sad to see HOT ROD's main content is Foose type stuff and nostalgia. Happily there is still PHR.

uxb101 07-17-2010 12:15 PM

"have at it"= Subscription Cancellation

jeffp1167 07-17-2010 12:16 PM

I say ban them both from the site! They are not adding anything positive to the forum.

uxb101 07-17-2010 12:33 PM

tearing a car apart wearing sandals and sunglasses... hot dog rag

Paul Workman 07-17-2010 12:51 PM

Have at it.

David Freiburger
Editor In Chief
Hot Rod Magazine
HotRod@hotrod.com

Dear Mr. Freiburger...

You don't have a clue about the Corvette or the Corvette Brotherhood. For perhaps most of us, owning one has been a childhood dream - a dream held almost reverently until the day we could afford one. They are our passion. They have a long history of performance development and were the pinnacle of performance in their time. All deserve to be restored if need be. I dare say you have offended most of us here, especially on the C4 forums.

CF was initially owned by an fellow Corvette enthusiast. However, this forum was later purchased by a consortium of vendors; HR being one now as well, apparently. When that happened, it was no longer "our house", but "your house". Were it still our CF forum, you would be considered the rude, crude, newcomer, tracking mud on the carpet and be invited to leave!!

But, now it's your house and you can do as you please. You can let old garbage pile up and stinking in the living room, leave your dirty underwear lying on the floor for all to see... I've never felt welcome here since the take-over: like walking on egg shells, or constantly being "in the cross hairs"...And I'm not alone!

Well...You have a lot of fence mending to do around here. But, it's your house. You are free to trash it if you want. But, please excuse me while I clean off my shoe on the way out. (It seems like I stepped in something gooey and stinky that was lying on your living room carpet.)

As far was what you do with the C4 chassis you destroyed the C4 for...I have have a suggestion where you could put it.:toetap:

P.

RetiredSFC 97 07-17-2010 01:10 PM

Have at it.

David Freiburger
Editor In Chief
Hot Rod Magazine
HotRod@hotrod.com

Actually I'm not going to get all upset with what you did considering your explanation. I'll take you as a man of your word.

But I would get upset if someone stripped a suspension off a perfectly fine C4 and then trashed the rest of it.

That's like taking a 440 engine out of a 70 Charger and then trashing the Charger.

kind of a waste if you ask me.

Let us see the finished product if you would please!

jeffp1167 07-17-2010 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by RetiredSFC 97 (Post 1574726299)
Actually I'm not going to get all upset with what you did considering your explanation. I'll take you as a man of your word.

But I would get upset if someone stripped a suspension off a perfectly fine C4 and then trashed the rest of it.

That's like taking a 440 engine out of a 70 Charger and then trashing the Charger.

kind of a waste if you ask me.

I think the finished product will join the rest of the parts in that dumpster. If they couldn't afford rims how can they afford anything else.

RetiredSFC 97 07-17-2010 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by jeffp1167 (Post 1574726404)
I think the finished product will join the rest of the parts in that dumpster. If they couldn't afford rims how can they afford anything else.

that's why I asked to see the finished product. I want to keep him honest or prove his douche baggedness:thumbs:

jimmers 07-17-2010 01:30 PM

This is obviously a joke. They are just trying to get a reaction out of us and its working. Stop putting fuel on the the fire.

Bronze85 07-17-2010 01:40 PM

Definitely the wrong forum for that post, besides being completely unprofessional for journalists. "Thats hotrodding" Where? Maybe Architecture and Design magazine can have some "buffoon" fun as well.

Loby 1 07-17-2010 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by jimmers (Post 1574726449)
This is obviously a joke. They are just trying to get a reaction out of us and its working. Stop putting fuel on the the fire.

The joke is on them if the subscriptions are flying out the window.

Road Agent 07-17-2010 02:54 PM

Have at it.

David Freiburger
Editor In Chief
Hot Rod Magazine
HotRod@hotrod.com

Mr. Furburger you are clueless!

RollaMo-LT4 07-17-2010 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by PLRX (Post 1574725294)
Are they legit hot rod magazine people?

That was definitely David Freiburger in the video.
So, I will assume the "Freiburger" that posted the explanation in this thread was also him.

Originally Posted by RetiredSFC 97 (Post 1574726299)

I've met and talked with David on past Power Tours.
He is definitely a "car guy".

We've all see people do worse things to cars. And I'd bet if that was a Mustang in that video we'd all be laughing our as* off. :D

RetiredSFC 97 07-17-2010 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by RollaMo-LT4 (Post 1574729410)
That was definitely David Freiburger in the video.
So, I will assume the "Freiburger" that posted the explanation in this thread was also him.

I've met and talked with David on past Power Tours.
He is definitely a "car guy".

We've all see people do worse things to cars. And I'd bet if that was a Mustang in that video we'd all be laughing our as* off. :D

Laughing, heck we'ld be calling up asking if we could take a whack. I personally think that poor C4 was past saving anyway.

pologreen1 07-17-2010 07:38 PM

Have at it.

David Freiburger
Editor In Chief
Hot Rod Magazine
HotRod@hotrod.com

LMFAO:smash: Turdburger, I would call you FIRED, because you you guys have just sabotaged your own rep as a legitimate hot rod mag.

I think it's funny you joined a forum just to promote more, and it turned out to be advertising in bad taste, and counterproductive. :lol:

If you're not a troll, you should stop now, because this is just getting pathetic with you mudding up the place.

HOT ROD, you really hurt my feelings this time:smash:
Now I don't know what to do:( That 85 was treasure:blueangel:

GREGG-73 07-17-2010 08:35 PM

NUT'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:willy:

Stay in tune....:thumbs:

Blue 92 07-17-2010 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by pologreen1 (Post 1574729499)

I think it's funny you joined a forum just to promote more, and it turned out to be advertising in bad taste, and counterproductive. :lol:

Actually they do seem to be trying to promote their magazine and since they don't appear to be supporting vendors..........

:nono:

pologreen1 07-17-2010 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Blue 92 (Post 1574729991)
Actually they do seem to be trying to promote their magazine and since they don't appear to be supporting vendors..........

:nono:

:iagree: And we all know the deal with that;)

kenv 07-17-2010 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by pologreen1 (Post 1574720342)
Are these the dumb asses, that wanted some free rims for the 85 vette.

What a couple of jag offs.

:yesnod:YUP!. I believe he said that some of us would not like what they were going to do to a C4:(

socalman 07-17-2010 11:32 PM

Have at it.

David Freiburger
Editor In Chief
Hot Rod Magazine
HotRod@hotrod.com

The attitude you just portrayed in your response should be grounds for your removal as the Editor in Chief, coupled with your complete inept way of handling potential customers. Mag Editors are marketers first. You failed, and I'll tell you why.

It's not your place to tell others how to feel. Perception is what it is.

You should've started your post with an apology followed by the information you wanted to share- not some snide remark about how others may treat old Vettes, and that we don't cry about it. We don't cry, because it's not posted on a Vette forum!

If the condition was as you said, you should have made that REAL CLEAR in your teaser.

Outrun a new corvette- of course, it'll weigh all of 2000 lbs- no way you do anything to make that look like a RESPECTABLE car cheap. A Fast POS is just that.

Bottom line, I really don't care what you did to the car.
I care more about a couple of A-holes coming in here, showing this crap, and after seeing the response, the Big Boss follows it up with a FU attitude, like we should be greatful for what you're going to do for us??

Scrap the future vids, I'm sure they're a waste of bandwidth.

CopperCorvette 07-17-2010 11:43 PM

Have at it.

David Freiburger
Editor In Chief
Hot Rod Magazine
HotRod@hotrod.com

Now hold on. We do treasure our cars and we always say to do the kind of mods you want regaurdless of what anyone else thinks. This is their car not yours and since they trashed it won't that make the '85 owners happier knowing their car has just gone up in value since there is one less? :rofl: David, you now have the chance to make us all :eek: or :crazy: the choice is yours, Copper

jeffp1167 07-17-2010 11:43 PM

Have at it.

David Freiburger
Editor In Chief
Hot Rod Magazine
HotRod@hotrod.com

this one was saved as could that one! publicity stunts are not hot rodding! Epic failure for you clowns and you should return the rims your not productive just destructive, what is so hard about that? A gardening magazine at this point seems more interesting then what you guys do!

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x...1990vette6.jpg

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x...xedwhite10.jpg

Z51JEFF 07-17-2010 11:44 PM

Have at it.

David Freiburger
Editor In Chief
Hot Rod Magazine
HotRod@hotrod.com

Back peddling a bit?If you morons wanted to strip the car thats one thing but to degrade the magazine like that,just sad.Ive always looked at Hot Rod Magazine as the pinnacle car mag,not anymore.Gray Baskerville is one of my heros,if he were here today would he have agreed with this,dont think so.

Z51JEFF 07-17-2010 11:53 PM

I went back and read the first post,a staffer from the magazine posting this here,real classy guys.

moserbe 07-18-2010 12:03 AM

Wow, now that is really stupid!!!!!!!!!!

BrianCunningham 07-18-2010 01:51 AM

Tell ya what, your REAL racers right?

I've spent 3 years building my car up, it's finally coming together.

You want to race?

You want to go head-to-head?

Your monstrosity against mine built with the best of the best.

It's a true test

Hack street rod against everything that can done RIGHT with the car.

Then you'll find out what you've really accomplished.

Bondami 07-18-2010 03:52 AM

Have at it.

David Freiburger
Editor In Chief
Hot Rod Magazine
HotRod@hotrod.com

Dont you suppose that Car guys..(your targeted audience) are going to object to you trashing ANY car like that? If your going to disassemble the car , you dont act like a bunch of retarded monkeys on crack. you take the damn thing apart. then you put it back together better than it was..Thats hot rodding.. tearing **** up and acting like drunken apes is just being stupid. (putting a sawsall against someones neck? and this demonstrates what?)

The only requisite you missed is having one of the morons say "hold my beer and watch this!" before they started . Im sure you came here with this reaction in mind.

ps374 07-18-2010 07:52 AM

Its not what they did , its the way they did it. An apology would of went a lot further them a statement of defense about their actions. Bad PR to say the least.

Z51JEFF 07-18-2010 01:16 PM

Well Mr.Freiburger,got anything else to say?

'93CanaryFever 07-18-2010 04:26 PM

Cruel and unusual punishment!

BrianCunningham 07-19-2010 05:10 PM

Looks like Jalopnik got a hold of this thread.

http://jalopnik.com/5590881/want-to-...roy-a-corvette

Railroadman 07-19-2010 06:07 PM

Hot Rod, I suggest you indulge yourself in an aeronautical act of intercourse through a revolving confectionery!

j-vette 07-19-2010 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Z51JEFF (Post 1574735175)
Well Mr.Freiburger,got anything else to say?

Not if he's gotten smarter since his last post :lol:

Turtletron 07-19-2010 06:13 PM

I have just signed up to this forum to voice on how much of an OUTRAGE this is.

The corvette was my first love. When other boys had posters of sexy women plastered on their walls I had a shiny red (new at the time) C3, surrounded by various other C1s/C2s/C3s etc. The Corvette is more than just a car, it is a powerful symbol. When people think of America, what comes to mind? Hotdogs. Christians. Freedom. Baseball. Smiling white and colored children playing together. And of course, the Corvette.

The Corvette is the American dream. You work hard all your life, you have kids, the kids grow up, you buy a Corvette, and you depart to heaven. I still remember the day I bought my first C4 Corvette after years of hardwork, with tears rolling down my cheeks I took it for that first drive- I'll never forget the feeling. Nothing else mattered, not the mortage, not the store, not my family and their bull****. For that drive I was FREE.

Yet these "men" find it necessary to DESTROY a part of AMERICA. This is no worse than the middle eastern evils burning American flags, what Hot Rod Magazine has done is TREASON on the American way of life. If we had someone else besides Obama Bin Laden in office these men would be jailed for what they have done. And after the smug deviant posted his response on this forum I am ready to personally drive to the Hot Rod Magazine's main office in MY C4 Corvette and have a talk. That's right you losers, I HAVE A CORVETTE AND YOU CAN DO NOTHING ABOUT IT. YOUR JEALOUSY OF THE SUCCESSFUL AMERICAN DREAM CAN DO NOTHING TO BREAK MY PRIDE.

That's why I would like to offer some of my fellow Corveterans an invitation to come along and show these terrorists just what we are capable of.

Railroadman 07-19-2010 06:30 PM

If we had someone else besides Obama Bin Laden in office these men would be jailed for what they have done.
Turtletron I echo a lot of what you're feeling, but have to disagree with you on this point. Regardless of who is in the White House, or what any of us may feel about the Corvette mystique, it is still an inanimate piece of property. If the morons - I mean people - at HOT ROD purchased the C-4 legally, they are free to do anything within the law to it - shoot it, paint it paisley, put swastikas on it, put KIA emblems on the hood, and so on. We all - or almost all - agree it was a silly, stupid and juvenile attempt to be cool which - at least on these pages - backfired. But trashing, destroying, peeing on, jumping on, spitting on, whatever - a Corvette is not something which brings jail time, as long as it's legally yours. It is a free country and I would not have it elsewise.

BrianCunningham 07-19-2010 06:43 PM

No response here, but he's up on YouTube

He loves the fact that we hate it :(

Bondami 07-19-2010 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Turtletron (Post 1574748060)
I have just signed up to this forum to voice on how much of an OUTRAGE this is.

The corvette was my first love. When other boys had posters of sexy women plastered on their walls I had a shiny red (new at the time) C3, surrounded by various other C1s/C2s/C3s etc. The Corvette is more than just a car, it is a powerful symbol. When people think of America, what comes to mind? Hotdogs. Christians. Freedom. Baseball. Smiling white and colored children playing together. And of course, the Corvette.

The Corvette is the American dream. You work hard all your life, you have kids, the kids grow up, you buy a Corvette, and you depart to heaven. I still remember the day I bought my first C4 Corvette after years of hardwork, with tears rolling down my cheeks I took it for that first drive- I'll never forget the feeling. Nothing else mattered, not the mortage, not the store, not my family and their bull****. For that drive I was FREE.

Yet these "men" find it necessary to DESTROY a part of AMERICA. This is no worse than the middle eastern evils burning American flags, what Hot Rod Magazine has done is TREASON on the American way of life. If we had someone else besides Obama Bin Laden in office these men would be jailed for what they have done. And after the smug deviant posted his response on this forum I am ready to personally drive to the Hot Rod Magazine's main office in MY C4 Corvette and have a talk. That's right you losers, I HAVE A CORVETTE AND YOU CAN DO NOTHING ABOUT IT. YOUR JEALOUSY OF THE SUCCESSFUL AMERICAN DREAM CAN DO NOTHING TO BREAK MY PRIDE.

That's why I would like to offer some of my fellow Corveterans an invitation to come along and show these terrorists just what we are capable of.

Son, you need to put down the koolaid and back away from the keyboard. After reading your complete post on jalopnik, I would invite you to take this trolling drivel elsewhere. Hotrod tried to do something "kool" and fell on their asses in public.. you sir have crossed the line into craziness and do not represent Me nor most of the corvette group.

For those of you who missed ALL of his post.. go tot the jalopnik thread and read it.. it is of course right on top..and embarrassing as hell.

I still think it was retarded to tear the doors off with a sawsall instead of undoing the bolts etc.. but thats what most of the "journalists" think is cool, these days. Pathetic overhyped crap. (oh well it isnt as if it was carcraft after all) and I may be one of the ones in the future that remove the running gear for a streetrod, But it wont be done like this bunch of idiots did it.

MadC4owner 07-19-2010 06:46 PM

Goddammit :(

THIS IS EVIDENCE OF AMERICA GOING THE WRONG DIRECTION
WHEN MY SON CHANCE DIED IN AFGHANISTAN FROM AN IED HE HAD IN HIS MIND COMING HOME AND TAKING A RIDE IN PAPPYS C4 ONE LAST TIME AND WHEN WHAT WAS LEFT OF HIS BODY CAME HOME I PUT THE CORVETTE EMBLEM AROUND HIS NECK AS THAT WAS HIS ONE TRUE LOVE. WE BUILT THESE CARS TOGETHER AND DROVE THEM TOGETHER AND THATS WHAT AMERICA IS ABOUT. IT'S FREEDOM AND PRIDE TO DRIVE WHAT YOU WANT AND SAY WHAT YOU WANT.
WELL NOW IM GONNA SAY WHAT YOU WANT. "FREIBURGER" AINT AN AMERICAN NAME. AT LEAST NOT AMERICAN IN THE WAY I THINK OF IT. IT SOUNDS GERMAN OR MAYBE, JUST MAYBE, ISRAELI, IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN. AND WHEN I WAS GROWING UP CORVETTES DIDNT GET SOLD TO PEOPLE FROM "THOSE KINDS OF PLACES" OR TO PEOPLE WHO LISTEN TO JAZZ OR RAP MUSIC, IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN. NOW LOOK WHAT HAPPENES? THEY SELL THEM TO EVERYONE AND WHAT DO YOU GET? SOME NON-AMERICAN HERITAGED ASS TAKING IT APART, OUR LIFEBLOOD AND EVIDENCE OF AMERICAN FREEDOM AND HERITAGE BEING RIPPED PART FROM PART AND THROWN INTO A DUMPSTER. YOU SEE MALL NINJAS DRIVING OUR BELOVED HOT RODS AROUND IN DONK FORM WITH 28 INCH RIMS!!

AMERICA HAS LOST ITS WAY. WE MUST GET BACK TO RACIAL INTEGRITY AND AUTOMOTIVE PURITY. THIS IS NOT WHAT WAS INTENDED.

I MAD. I VERY MAD.

THIS IS GOOD ILLUSTRATION OF WHAT I MEAN
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgOHOHKBEqE

THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS C4 OWNERS!!! :cheers: :flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::fla g::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::f lag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag: :flag::sadangel:

Turtletron 07-19-2010 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Railroadman (Post 1574748231)
Turtletron I echo a lot of what you're feeling, but have to disagree with you on this point. Regardless of who is in the White House, or what any of us may feel about the Corvette mystique, it is still an inanimate piece of property. If the morons - I mean people - at HOT ROD purchased the C-4 legally, they are free to do anything within the law to it - shoot it, paint it paisley, put swastikas on it, put KIA emblems on the hood, and so on. We all - or almost all - agree it was a silly, stupid and juvenile attempt to be cool which - at least on these pages - backfired. But trashing, destroying, peeing on, jumping on, spitting on, whatever - a Corvette is not something which brings jail time, as long as it's legally yours. It is a free country and I would not have it elsewise.

Freedom is freedom. You aren't free to kill the president are you? Just because you COULD do something doesn't mean you SHOULD do something. :flag:

Turtletron 07-19-2010 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Bondami (Post 1574748370)
Son, you need to put down the koolaid and back away from the keyboard. After reading your complete post on jalopnik, I would invite you to take this trolling drivel elsewhere. Hotrod tried to do something "kool" and fell on their asses in public.. you sir have crossed the line into craziness and do not represent Me nor most of the corvette group.

For those of you who missed ALL of his post.. go tot the jalopnik thread and read it.. it is of course right on top..and embarrassing as hell.

I still think it was retarded to tear the doors off with a sawsall instead of undoing the bolts etc.. but thats what most of the "journalists" think is cool, these days. Pathetic overhyped crap. (oh well it isnt as if it was carcraft after all) and I may be one of the ones in the future that remove the running gear for a streetrod, But it wont be done like this bunch of idiots did it.

"Son?" I'm pretty sure I'm older than you kid, especially since you still don't know what it means to own a Corvette. I guess having enough money to buy one doesn't really make you an "owner" after all. As for "not representing the corvette community" I hate to tell you but I have already gotten 2 PM's wanting to tag along for a Corvette Convoy. What out Hot Rod Magazine.

I pity you, maybe someday you will stop thinking you're better than other Corvette owners.

Railroadman 07-19-2010 06:51 PM

I agree - they SHOULD NOT have done that according to my standards. But it does not merit jail time according to the law.

Bondami 07-19-2010 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by BrianCunningham (Post 1574748353)
No response here, but he's up on YouTube

He loves the fact that we hate it :(

Yea he does.. and thats part of the hype. They came here for that reason alone. More Hype, used as a substitute for creativity or substance.

They must have gotten tired of "We took the car to winkys garage and had the professionals install our custom dash knobs.. then we flat-bedded the car over to joe blows custom motor shop to have our ridiculously expensive Stainless exhaust system welded up..next month we will show you how we paid them to build us a completely undrivable 900 hp briggs and stratton engine with a blower nitrous and twin turbos!!" Stories.

NegativeGhostwriter 07-19-2010 06:56 PM

As many of you may have assumed, this Turtletron fellow is a bit of an amateur troll. He saw a thread posted on 4chan's /o/ (automotive) subforum, and decided to post here.

Here's a link to the thread.
http://boards.4chan.org/o/res/3257043

I'd suggest ignoring all future posts, and he'll go away.

Bondami 07-19-2010 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Turtletron (Post 1574748416)
"Son?" I'm pretty sure I'm older than you kid, especially since you still don't know what it means to own a Corvette. I guess having enough money to buy one doesn't really make you an "owner" after all. As for "not representing the corvette community" I hate to tell you but I have already gotten 2 PM's wanting to tag along for a Corvette Convoy. What out Hot Rod Magazine.

I pity you, maybe someday you will stop thinking you're better than other Corvette owners.

Well SON, (that wasnt a guess at your age, just me showing a general lack of regard for your attempts to troll here) I do own a corvette as well as several other street rods and hot rods.. All built by me. Completely by me. Paint, upholstery, engine all of it. and I didnt do it with cubic dollars either. I make less per year than a decent base C-6 costs.

Its a car, its not an icon or a legend or any of that other hyped up nonsense in your post, and a bunch of morons tearing up 10 of them with a hammer does not threaten the American way of life.

So you roll your happy fanny down there with your 2 supporters and let them put your foaming lathering rage on the next youtube clip.

To quote someone almost famous here.."Thanks for playing!":flag:

BrianCunningham 07-19-2010 07:01 PM

maybe it's time for the mods to lock this thread up before some psycho asks were to mail the pipe bomb.

I hate to say it, but I know some people like that.

Turtletron 07-19-2010 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by NegativeGhostwriter (Post 1574748468)
As many of you may have assumed, this Turtletron fellow is a bit of an amateur troll. He saw a thread posted on 4chan's /o/ (automotive) subforum, and decided to post here.

I don't know what that is but I'll assume it's more Corvette haters

As for Bondami you can have all the cars in the world but apparently you still lack knowledge in what it really means to be a Corvette owner. And in the time from my last post to this one I have gotten yet another PM. Two of which post here pretty frequently.

NegativeGhostwriter 07-19-2010 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Turtletron (Post 1574748552)

As for Bondami you can have all the cars in the world but apparently you still lack knowledge in what it really means to be a Corvette owner. And in the time from my last post to this one I have gotten yet another PM. Two of which post here pretty frequently.

Keep trollin, br/o/.

carnurd 07-19-2010 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by bdw18_123 (Post 1574721084)
Here's what you SHOULD have done with that C4: Made it into a nice track car, built up a high HP motor for it and show what an awesome track car the C4 can be. Lots of pics & info in the magazine and vids on your website on the build progress and you would have lots more subscriptions and interested parties following along.
:

This quote alone made me register on this board, I cannot stop laughing, c4's make terrible track cars, even if you stuff 315's in the front the car and throw double adjustable's in it, the car still plows. This article will show how you can actually make a C4 fast on track, which means pretty much getting rid of everything on the car because it was designed in the 70's.

Funny seeing the whole C4 community rage about the whole thing, Hot Rod made a interesting article that I guarantee will sell more magazines, even if you throw a huge hissy fit about it. Also there would be no increase in hot rod subscriptions if they did a "build" on a C4, you act as if the C4 community is massive and continually growing, which it is not and in fact its decreasing(everybody wants to upgrade to C5/C6's get over it).

To David Freiburger,
Keep up the good work, love the magazine.

Bondami 07-19-2010 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by NegativeGhostwriter (Post 1574748468)

Thats funny stuff right there, a bunch of jealous whiny 20 somethings with nothing better to do. "rednecks with less money" indeed.

ch@0s 07-19-2010 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by BrianCunningham (Post 1574748507)
maybe it's time for the mods to lock this thread up before some psycho asks were to mail the pipe bomb.

I hate to say it, but I know some people like that.

:iagree: Funny but true :rofl:

NegativeGhostwriter 07-19-2010 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Bondami (Post 1574748592)
Thats funny stuff right there, a bunch of jealous whiny 20 somethings with nothing better to do. "rednecks with less money" indeed.

Just a courtesy to bring to the attention of you fine people over here. Public service announcement of sorts.

Bondami 07-19-2010 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Turtletron (Post 1574748552)

I will now direct your attention to the avatar <----- those are girls, sitting on the car, Real girls, I suspect if you had one (or a boy if thats your taste) you would have less time to troll. but since that pretty clearly isn't happening just keep coming back for more, you are moderately amusing.

carnurd 07-19-2010 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Bondami (Post 1574748592)

Yes they are all jealous of your C4..... bahahahaha why would anybody under the age of 35 set their standards so low.

Bondami 07-19-2010 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by NegativeGhostwriter (Post 1574748628)
Just a courtesy to bring to the attention of you fine people over here. Public service announcement of sorts.

lol.. No I meant reading the commentary over there, thanks for posting the link, I knew he was a troll but its always nice to be sure. (sadly there are a few out there that are nuts, Ross Perot anyone?)