CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   What is the diff betwen a 1LT 2LT and 3LT (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/2600686-what-is-the-diff-betwen-a-1lt-2lt-and-3lt.html)

billyboy47 01-14-2016 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by GrandSportRob (Post 1591319813)
The 3LT pkg cost just under $6k in 2013. I only would've like the heated seats from it so it's not worth it. Never used HUD before, the GM Bose & NAV is awful. I purposely bought a 1LT GS in 2013 with non chrome wheels to save another $2k. The car is a weekend warrior & didn't need $8k worth of stuff I don't care for. In return I have a smaller car payment & thousands of dollars extra that can go to a new daily driver. :thumbs:

the fact of the matter is you wanted to SAVE money so how do you justify the bashing of the NAV and BOSE speakers? in my honest opinion there is nothing wrong with either one. when i purchased my car it wasn't for the speakers, nav or the hud. they just happened to be part of the package with the 2lt option that i wanted. i could afford it and there was no way i would have bought the cheaper version just to save a few bucks. as far as the chrome wheels, i love the look of them on my car and wouldn't settle for anything less. the hud to me is a plus because i can keep my eyes on the road while driving all the while looking at my speed and rpm. and i keep it in the mode that lets me know if i forget to turn my direction signals off since i can't hear them over the npp. the speakers can be tweaked enough to get a VERY decent sound from them. i knew when i bought the car it didn't come with the golden ear speaker system that you can purchase for home audio/video. it's a car for crying out loud. and the NAV serves it's purpose well enough to get me there.:thumbs:

billyboy47 01-14-2016 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by poochie781 (Post 1591320039)
reviving some old threads are good for people who have just bought a used vet and dont know the difference, y bitch about t. I thought these forums were to spread knowledge and ask questions not a soap box for "I know that already..duh".

exactly. we have a lot of newbies coming here to the forum and some of them are not familiar with the car just as i wasn't when i bought mine new back in 2013. it was a great relief to me joining the forum and seeking the answers to any questions i had. and believe me, i had quite a few questions.:cheers:

billyboy47 01-14-2016 11:34 AM

you know, i normally don't answer a thread that's a few years old, but then when i think about it there are those that are looking for help or just asking questions due to not knowing certain things about their car or curious about certain options that come with different models. and I'm sure they are very appreciative of members joining in to answer questions regardless how old the thread is. they need help and there are plenty of people here on the forum to provide that help in any way they can. at first I was a bit embarrassed for commenting when someone brought up the fact it was an old thread. now i realize no matter how old the thread, there are new members asking the questions. so disregard the thread i posted where I was hiding because I'm no longer embarrassed. :D

windyC6 01-14-2016 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by billyboy47 (Post 1591320388)
you know, i normally don't answer a thread that's a few years old, but then when i think about it there are those that are looking for help or just asking questions due to not knowing certain things about their car or curious about certain options that come with different models. and I'm sure they are very appreciative of members joining in to answer questions regardless how old the thread is. they need help and there are plenty of people here on the forum to provide that help in any way they can. at first I was a bit embarrassed for commenting when someone brought up the fact it was an old thread. now i realize no matter how old the thread, there are new members asking the questions. so disregard the thread i posted where I was hiding because I'm no longer embarrassed. :D

Good for you Billy. I was never embarrassed about using old threads either. But when they start making fun of old people....well that kinda hurts....LOLOLOLOL. Guess i'm gonna have to ad a little vodka to my prune juice tonight so I can sleep after such bashing....:rock::rock::rock:

Proud Owner 01-14-2016 05:47 PM

With a 2012 Grand Sport that includes 3LT The Bose system is perfect for us. I see no reason to mess with it.

billyboy47 01-14-2016 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by windyC6 (Post 1591323483)
Good for you Billy. I was never embarrassed about using old threads either. But when they start making fun of old people....well that kinda hurts....LOLOLOLOL. Guess i'm gonna have to ad a little vodka to my prune juice tonight so I can sleep after such bashing....:rock::rock::rock:

I think I'll join you in having a drink. Here's to you.:cheers:

C6 Snowboarder 01-14-2016 08:56 PM

I see early on in the posts 1-4 that 3LT adds HUD -- My 2013 GS has HUD but is only a 2LT...

billyboy47 01-14-2016 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by C6 Snowboarder (Post 1591325128)
I see early on in the posts 1-4 that 3LT adds HUD -- My 2013 GS has HUD but is only a 2LT...

The hud was included in the 2lt option in the 013. Don't know about other model years but if I had to guess I would say from 2010 on it was an option with the 2lt.

simplegto 01-14-2016 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by C6 Snowboarder (Post 1591325128)

That was my point that a 6 year old thread was useless.

billyboy47 01-14-2016 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by simplegto (Post 1591325295)
that was my point that a 6 year old thread was useless.

come on man.

simplegto 01-14-2016 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by billyboy47 (Post 1591325357)
come on man.

That stuff changed every year.:thumbs:

SouthBaySurfer 01-15-2016 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by billyboy47 (Post 1591325221)
The hud was included in the 2lt option in the 013. Don't know about other model years but if I had to guess I would say from 2010 on it was an option with the 2lt.

HUD was never offered as a stand-alone option; it was included in the 3LT. Starting in 2012, HUD, Nav, and Bose were all included in the 2LT, as well.

owc6 01-15-2016 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by SouthBaySurfer (Post 1591327697)
HUD was never offered as a stand-alone option; it was included in the 3LT. Starting in 2012, HUD, Nav, and Bose were all included in the 2LT, as well.

My 2009 2LZ Z06 has a HUD. I guess the LZ options were different than the LT options. It is listed as a stand-alone option on the vehicle build sheet.

billyboy47 01-15-2016 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by SouthBaySurfer (Post 1591327697)

I was referring to the HUD only in my reply. I know it wasn't a stand alone option.

SouthBaySurfer 01-15-2016 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by owc6 (Post 1591327839)
My 2009 2LZ Z06 has a HUD. I guess the LZ options were different than the LT options. It is listed as a stand-alone option on the vehicle build sheet.

Z06 had different option groups; 2LZ was more or less the same as 3LT in a base car. All Z06's, however, had HUD.

windyC6 01-15-2016 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by simplegto (Post 1591325295)
That was my point that a 6 year old thread was useless.

If I just purchased my first C-6 and know nothing about them and start researching them and see that they have harmonic balancer issues but then I notice that the thread is 6 years old, I'm sure not gonna think that the info is "Useless". I would at least check out its validity. And then after checking out the issue you find that it was valid then that particular 6 year old thread helped the person out.

billyboy47 01-15-2016 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by windyC6 (Post 1591328285)
If I just purchased my first C-6 and know nothing about them and start researching them and see that they have harmonic balancer issues but then I notice that the thread is 6 years old, I'm sure not gonna think that the info is "Useless". I would at least check out its validity. And then after checking out the issue you find that it was valid then that particular 6 year old thread helped the person out.

no matter how hard we try, we just can't seem to get thru to simplegto. :toetap:

simplegto 01-15-2016 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by billyboy47 (Post 1591329406)
no matter how hard we try, we just can't seem to get thru to simplegto. :toetap:

If you guys read the whole thread you would see that it was brought back from the dead to get traffic to click on a link that some shill from the forum put up. None of the 6 year old information is accurate. This was all about getting people to click on a link.:cheers:

Yaupon 01-15-2016 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by poochie781 (Post 1591320039)
reviving some old threads are good for people who have just bought a used vet and dont know the difference, y bitch about t. I thought these forums were to spread knowledge and ask questions not a soap box for "I know that already..duh".

Exactly. There are also folks who are new to this CF site and are going down the learning curve in preparation to buy a used vette, such as myself. The CF is invaluable to us noobies. Thanks to all of you for your knowledge and assistance. :hide:

harleen kaur 02-20-2020 01:41 AM

Norton offers support to install the software on the computer same way we, here at superb support offers www.norton.com/setup premium services to support the user to install Norton and other antivirus programs and other computer related issues.