CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   Crystal Red Metalic Tint Coat (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/2577817-crystal-red-metalic-tint-coat.html)

AFVETTE 05-31-2010 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by tdbarnes (Post 1573828215)
EVERYBODY who sees my CRM 08 coupe tells me what a great color it is. Reminds of you Candy Apple Red. I love it.

MR as very similar:

Moody in the shade (almost a maroon)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...Exhaust003.jpg

And Candy Apple Red in the sun
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...e/d80349e9.jpg

My wifes 09 Cadillac SRX is CRM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...SRX/SRX002.jpg

It's a great color

Tom

-vet 06-03-2010 11:29 PM

CRM looks perfect here! Magnetic Red even more so...

Larry N. Johnson 10-09-2010 10:48 PM

C2 Red

Sorry to intrude on the C6 Forum, but I have a question for you.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/atta...96-rear-ps.bmp

I have a C2 that is in for paint and am close to making a decision on paint choice.
It is a 396 car that will likely get a roller cam GM crate engine and a Keisler 5 speed.
It has a 6 tail light mod, but otherwise pretty much stock.
The Trim Tag is MM for Milano Maroon.
The interior is tagged Maroon leather that needs replacement as well.
These colors or sort of dead in some people's opinion.

The Crystal Red Metallic Tint Coat has a lot of appeal because in the shade it is darker like the maroon in the car now.
But in the sun it will have a lot of pop.

Would you paint this car Crystal Red Metallic Tint Coat ?

DAS ZED 10-10-2010 12:59 AM

CRM and CGM are my favorite colors. :cool:

Check out my Fuel Rail Covers in my Sig.

Rebel 1 10-10-2010 02:22 AM

When we decided to get our '09 and deciding on a color, Chrystal Red Met.Tint coat was The Only Color for us!

BSE1956 10-10-2010 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by mpuzach (Post 1573826237)
It's beautiful and really lights up in sunlight. My only objection to it (and this is admittedly very nitpicky) is that being a shade of red, CRM doesn't contrast with the 4 taillights. I've always seen the Corvette's 4 taillights as being a strong design element; as such, I like them to stand out. On a red Corvette, they just don't stand out like they do when surrounded by most other colors.

:iagree: Great color.

Bobs11GS 10-10-2010 09:58 AM

I like the CRM so much, I bought one. 2011 CRM Grand Sport........Luv it!! Great color.

Street Rat 10-10-2010 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Inkmann (Post 1573828269)
Thanks everybody, I am close to buying a car "sight unseen" and am getting nervous.
I dont want to drive 6 hours to look at it and then go back and get it when I have my paperwork in order.
Allthough I am sure I would enjoy the drive home.

My wife wanted a red Vette. I told her that it would have to be a "different" red for me to buy it. We found one with the options that we wanted in North Carolina. It was CRM. I was uncertain as you are. I paid to have the car transfered to Texas "sight unseen". I had seen the pictures of it on the owner's web site. Pictures and comparisons of the different reds are also available here in the FAQs on the Corvette Forum. The day that I saw it in person I was stunned. It was a bright Texas summer day and the red metallic stood out beautifully. I'm very happy with my choice. A few coats of Zaino and some Zaino Clear Seal and I'm in Corvette heaven. :blueangel:

Max EPR 10-10-2010 04:12 PM

The first photos posted are the finest of that color available. They really do the paint justice. It's the color of my car and always gets smiles. :flag:

tanko 10-10-2010 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Mike Campbell (Post 1573835724)
CRM is a very nice color. Plus, if I were buying a new GS or ZO6 Corvette right now, there'd be a 90% chance I'd get that color. :thumbs: However, it isn't now and it will never be as nice and as eye popping as Monterey Red. The reason GM did away with MR was it was a 2 stage paint & cost more to paint. CRM is a very nice alternative...but, it's still an alternative. I know, I've been next to many CRM's in car shows etc..and even their owners admit...MR is deeper & better looking. :yesnod:

Guess I just started a hornets nest..:rofl:

:iagree: Yup. CRM is great, but Monterey Red is better. Loved that color on my '06 Coupe.

SouthBaySurfer 10-10-2010 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Larry N. Johnson (Post 1575573551)
Sorry to intrude on the C6 Forum, but I have a question for you.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/atta...96-rear-ps.bmp

I have a C2 that is in for paint and am close to making a decision on paint choice.
It is a 396 car that will likely get a roller cam GM crate engine and a Keisler 5 speed.
It has a 6 tail light mod, but otherwise pretty much stock.
The Trim Tag is MM for Milano Maroon.
The interior is tagged Maroon leather that needs replacement as well.
These colors or sort of dead in some people's opinion.

The Crystal Red Metallic Tint Coat has a lot of appeal because in the shade it is darker like the maroon in the car now.
But in the sun it will have a lot of pop.

Would you paint this car Crystal Red Metallic Tint Coat ?

A '65 396 Corvette is a rare and desirable car. The closer to original it is, the more valuable it would be. Since yours is somewhat modified, I wouldn't worry about keeping the color original. With that said, I think it would look great in CRM.

Larry N. Johnson 10-10-2010 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by SouthBaySurfer (Post 1575578986)
A '65 396 Corvette is a rare and desirable car. The closer to original it is, the more valuable it would be. Since yours is somewhat modified, I wouldn't worry about keeping the color original. With that said, I think it would look great in CRM.

Thanks for the comment; you helped me a lot make up my (weak) mind.

This choice thing makes me crazy. :ack:

On the one hand a somewhat rare car 9% of 65's were 396's.
Only 759 were factory sidepape cars of which this car is one.
65 was the only year they say that the Milano Maroon exterior combined with maroon interio as an option. My interior needs replaced. If the exterior color is changed, then the interior wants to be changed, too. (Further away from stock.)

The original 386 is long gone. The orig 4-speed, I have. The 6 tail light mod is easy to remove if I decide now. The wheels are bolt on, not an issue. The wheel fender lips are stock, not flared. The whole suspension is all original F40 HD stuff, never touched.

So really, when it is all said and done, if the car is kept stock, it's just the engine and trans change to go back to factory stock, a bolt in assembly. Seems a prudent decision to go that direction.

If a CRM colored Corvette is desired, then maybe this old C2 can be sold, and one day a shiney CRM C6 can be obtained!!

On the other hand, if I like the CRM color and the 6 tail lights mod, why not go for it? It's my car and if done tastefully and clean, then the resale value should still be there.

It's enough to make me crazy! :confused:

How does one sort it out?

Just Buy It 10-10-2010 11:07 PM

Do they make them in other colors? WHY?

Xvoyager 10-11-2010 01:14 AM

CRM is Awesome!!!!!!

Cyber Grey is an excellent choice, enjoy the GS!

RAT 10-11-2010 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by RRVettes (Post 1573826145)

:iagree:

Love that color and photo. :cool:

Originally Posted by mpuzach (Post 1573826237)
It's beautiful and really lights up in sunlight. My only objection to it (and this is admittedly very nitpicky) is that being a shade of red, CRM doesn't contrast with the 4 taillights. I've always seen the Corvette's 4 taillights as being a strong design element; as such, I like them to stand out. On a red Corvette, they just don't stand out like they do when surrounded by most other colors.

:iagree::iagree::iagree:

They are even more so noticeable with silver. Love the look of the silver with the tail lights. As much as I love CRM, which by the way is the color of my powder coated calipers. The rear of the Vette with CRM gets a little lost.

Just a little. :D:D:D

Still like it though. :cool::cool::cool:

zmonster 10-11-2010 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by George36 (Post 1574238697)

I like that license plate holder. Where did you get it?

DJSpeece 10-11-2010 12:08 PM

It was my second choice because it is a color that is beautiful in the sun, in the shade, and in the pouring rain. I ended up with a cyber gray which I just love, but the CR was a close second. It reminds me of the darker Monterrey Red which has of course been discontinued, but which was one of the most beautiful IMO.

Rednblack 10-11-2010 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by tdbarnes (Post 1573828215)
EVERYBODY who sees my CRM 08 coupe tells me what a great color it is. Reminds of you Candy Apple Red. I love it.

Same here - lots of compliments - :thumbs::thumbs:

August05 10-12-2010 09:51 PM

I think Crystal is two stage paint also. I have the 08 and love it but agree the Monterey was even better.

Originally Posted by Mike Campbell (Post 1573835724)
CRM is a very nice color. Plus, if I were buying a new GS or ZO6 Corvette right now, there'd be a 90% chance I'd get that color. :thumbs: However, it isn't now and it will never be as nice and as eye popping as Monterey Red. The reason GM did away with MR was it was a 2 stage paint & cost more to paint. CRM is a very nice alternative...but, it's still an alternative. I know, I've been next to many CRM's in car shows etc..and even their owners admit...MR is deeper & better looking. :yesnod:

Guess I just started a hornets nest..:rofl:

fullcontrol 10-18-2010 09:36 PM

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4045/...22fcb46a_b.jpg