CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C5 General (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general-103/)
-   -   Rear tire stick out more on one side than the other ? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general/2567925-rear-tire-stick-out-more-on-one-side-than-the-other.html)

Toque 04-27-2010 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by SSTG (Post 1573898474)
Hey Mark, i've got my car in the shop right now, i've been talking with David Farmer and Delrin bushings might be the fix, i'll let ya know.

Seth

Seth:

Thanks for the heads up. Let me know how it turns out please. I appreciate you looking into this ! :thumbs:

Toque

PewtVette 04-27-2010 10:27 PM

Mine was off by 1/4 inch or so and was really bugging me so I through a 1/4 spacer in there. She's lined up perfect now.

SSTG 04-27-2010 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by Toque (Post 1573900394)
Seth:

Thanks for the heads up. Let me know how it turns out please. I appreciate you looking into this ! :thumbs:

Toque

No problem.:thumbs:

Originally Posted by PewtVette (Post 1573900801)
Mine was off by 1/4 inch or so and was really bugging me so I through a 1/4 spacer in there. She's lined up perfect now.

I just don't like the idea of a spacer.

JimZRyd 04-27-2010 11:31 PM

Good info Mark! Thanks!:flag:

AU N EGL 04-28-2010 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by PewtVette (Post 1573900801)

Spacer on one side?

that will through off your alignment and thrust angles .
Not a good idea.

Wheels must be aligned to the frame, not the fenders.

PewtVette 04-28-2010 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by AU N EGL (Post 1573902829)
Spacer on one side?

that will through off your alignment and thrust angles .
Not a good idea.

Wheels must be aligned to the frame, not the fenders.

Didn't think of my thrust angles- cause I never heard of 'em before. I'll read up on it and reconsider. Thanks.

AU N EGL 04-28-2010 05:57 PM

it is NORMAL for one fender to be different then the other.

in most cases it is the RIGHT fender a bit odd.

Fenders are NOT PERFECT / MIRROR IMAGES of each other. Far from it.

the circumference of each wheel opening is close but not the same.

Any measurements to fenders, ( right height) and relation to tires, is not a good idea.

besides if your driving your vette you wont see the difference ;)

EMINENT 1 08-15-2010 01:27 AM

I remembered this thread from a while back and found it cause I was wondering if this could be a fix for my issue.

After I got my new wheels installed the other day, it's a lot more noticeable.

My driver side rear sticks out more and not only that, it has a bigger gap to the fender.

I've been dealing with tracking issues for a while now and alignments aren't fixing them. What it's doing is when I turn to the left, there is more tension than the right, but the car drives straight. And, it's been aligned several times and checked. Could this cradle issue be the cause of this?

I've also checked ride height at the jacking points too since I'm lowered on longer rear bolts and they are equal on both sides so I don't know...

Toque 08-15-2010 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by EMINENT 1 (Post 1575014734)
I remembered this thread from a while back and found it cause I was wondering if this could be a fix for my issue.

After I got my new wheels installed the other day, it's a lot more noticeable.

My driver side rear sticks out more and not only that, it has a bigger gap to the fender.

I've been dealing with tracking issues for a while now and alignments aren't fixing them. What it's doing is when I turn to the left, there is more tension than the right, but the car drives straight. And, it's been aligned several times and checked. Could this cradle issue be the cause of this?

I've also checked ride height at the jacking points too since I'm lowered on longer rear bolts and they are equal on both sides so I don't know...

I was unable to get mine perfect. I think that there are just some MFG flaws that we can't fix. I know a bunch of C6's with the same issue. Its not just a C5 issue for sure. :yesnod:

Toque

Toque 08-15-2010 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by 8VETTE7 (Post 1575016666)
What!!!!! Are you implying that GM has some quality control issues???????? HERESY....

:nono:..... Of course not. I would never imply such a thing.... :leaving:
http://home.tiscali.nl/wildwizard/sm...assimilate.gif

Brad's LS3 Vette 02-05-2013 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by jpandes (Post 1573690725)
Thanks for posting this Toque. My passenger rear sticks out about a 1/4" more than the otherside. I was begining to wonder if my CCWs had different offsets:)

I was wondering the same thing about my tsw rims. Thanks for the post!

ZEE-OH-6 02-05-2013 11:22 PM

:reddevil ....... could you have CCW machine ( shave off ) the back side of your rims hub enough so that when you re-mount to the axle it's even with the other side ?????

Brad's LS3 Vette 02-05-2013 11:30 PM

No one will machine the back of the rims for insurance reasons. I called 4 different rims repair shop today. Sucks..