CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Northeast (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/northeast-40/)
-   -   Anyone want to go curling? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/northeast/244366-anyone-want-to-go-curling.html)

Jim 77 02-23-2002 09:24 PM

Anyone want to go curling?

There is a curling club in the area... the idea of a corvette forum curling club is so funny I thought I'd give it a shot!
I don't know what their schedule is like, but I did email them. It is called the 'Philadelphia Curling Club' and is in paoli PA.
Anyone interested?
Jim

robiferretti 02-23-2002 09:32 PM

Re: Anyone want to go curling? (Jim 77)

What are you high? :crazy:

we should make a list of things we'ld rather do before we would have to go curling :smash:

mackeyred96 02-23-2002 09:49 PM

:cool:

BLISS 02-23-2002 10:49 PM

WTF ? :confused: :lol:

Curling ?

Aviatrix 02-24-2002 01:34 AM

Re: Anyone want to go curling? (BLISS)

Curling ?
Think of it as "precision polishing" , between a rock & a hard place :D (in an odd way, just might be right up the alley for the Zaino-crazed :jester :lol: )

cwhitpan 02-24-2002 01:36 AM

Count me in, Friends of mine were just thinking of doing this the other day!

BLISS 02-24-2002 02:11 AM

Re: Anyone want to go curling? (Aviatrix)

Aviatrix - are you implying the words, "Garage Queen" & "Waxer" , crowd here !??????

/rob

Curling ?

Think of it as "precision polishing" , between a rock & a hard place :D (in an odd way, just might be right up the alley for the Zaino-crazed :jester :lol: )

Mike69@ECS 02-24-2002 09:17 AM

Jim.... I think you've lost it!!!! Curling is Dangerous!!! You could drop one of those 47 lb rocks on your toes!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Out of pure curiosity... where is the club??? It's gotta be out on the Main Line, right? :D

Gordonm 02-24-2002 12:28 PM

Re: Anyone want to go curling? (Mike69)

I think this group is more into 12 oz. curling

Aviatrix 02-24-2002 08:59 PM

Aviatrix - are you implying the words, "Garage Queen" & "Waxer" , crowd here !??????

/rob

Curling ?

Nah.....but it does require some skill & attention to detail (tried it once - not as easy as it looks! :crazy: ) It's also an 'obsession' in Canada - just like show cars. {as my "lady-in-red" will never be show quality....really can't knock anyone's whose is, eh? ;) }

robiferretti 02-24-2002 09:02 PM

Re: Anyone want to go curling? (Gordonm)

:yesnod: :cheers:

Jim 77 02-25-2002 12:44 AM

Re: Anyone want to go curling? (robiferretti)

You don't all have to like the idea :jester
Mike, I'm a real rebel. Once I ate grapes without washing them... and I have been known to drive at 95 mph! :lol:
The club is on 'plank road' off of rte 30. I have seen it before, but can't remember when or why. It always seemed like an insignificant place.
The only real reason we wouldn't want to go curling is because it is a stupid idea. I don't know about you guys, but that hasn't EVER stopped me before!
Jim

cwhitpan 02-25-2002 06:29 PM

You name the time and place, don't we only need 4?!

:D I would like to meet some locals anyhow!

ram82fire 02-27-2002 04:36 PM

I,m interested !!!!!~Lets do it

GEO :rolleyes:

Mike69@ECS 02-28-2002 12:07 AM

Re: Anyone want to go curling? (ram82fire)

Jim 77 03-01-2002 09:55 PM

Re: Anyone want to go curling? (Mike69)

http://www.philadelphiacurlingclub.org
They have open houses tomorrow and next saturday (the 9th I think) from 1:00-3:30. I am going to the one on the 9th (and hope to see you guys there!). I don't have any info on membership, cost, times, teams... anything that belongs on the 'under construction' membership page. I'll do a drive by this week to make sure it is easy to find.
Jim