CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   LED 'Halo' Tail Lights Installed (half way) - PICS! (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/2439785-led-halo-tail-lights-installed-half-way-pics.html)

ncvette_1FUNRIDE 10-04-2009 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by blueyeszr1 (Post 1571707566)
I like them, but I am thinking about blacking mine out

I have a local 'tint' guy that did my windows. He has mentioned that he could do the lights for me if I choose to do that. Right now I think I am going to leave them RED as I like the contrast with the Cyber Gray.

ncvette_1FUNRIDE 10-04-2009 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by Ed 718 (Post 1571707217)
The next request is pictures of the lights as the brake lights are applied. I was wondering the same thing on the eagle lights compared to the other over priced ones.

I should have some photos with the brakes applied, later tonight.

As for the more expensive ones, I have yet to see a picture of the 'Halo' lights like I have that do not look identical to mine.

If ANYONE has some of these installed and could check the back of the light housing I (and others) would be really interested to know if they say 'Eagle Eyes' in raised letters. If not, please post some photos of the back and front of these lights to confirm that they are unique.

Thanks, Randy

dansdrm 10-04-2009 11:22 AM

:iagree::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

BDillon 10-04-2009 11:36 AM

WOW, thanks for posting.
I think they look great and for the money I will definitely buy a pair after I see how they work out for you.
No way will I spent $400+ for a pair.
I am looking forward to seeing the brakes and if you have any problems.

Bill

SAMS67427 10-04-2009 11:50 AM

:thumbs:Thanks for sharing..They look great on the CG. Mine will be Blade Silver..I LIKE THEM ALOT,and the price is reasonable, compared to the others I've seen. May have to order today..Thanks Again!!!!!!:flag:

george vee 10-04-2009 12:45 PM

I have read here on CF that some LED lights run very hot and cause wiring problems.
Let us know if the wires that connect to the lights feel any different than stock. I would like to install them on my car they look good.
Thanks

rsmithuf 10-04-2009 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by george vee (Post 1571709451)
I have read here on CF that some LED lights run very hot and cause wiring problems.
Let us know if the wires that connect to the lights feel any different than stock. I would like to install them on my car they look good.
Thanks

It is not the LEDs themselves that run hot, but rather the load resistors that you must use get extremely hot burning. The LEDs are extremely efficient.

Vette332 10-04-2009 02:33 PM

Got to get some! They look great!

LS2-Zomb!e 10-04-2009 03:34 PM

Love them!

ncvette_1FUNRIDE 10-04-2009 05:31 PM

Comparision pics of LED with brake ON and OFF

Here is my car with brake ON.

http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/a...kelightsON.jpg

Here it is with brake OFF.

http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/a...elightsOFF.jpg

Also, these lights have a small box (2" x 1" x1" approx.) along the wiring that I believe to be some sort of resistor or regulator. It has some sort of adhesive that allows you to 'stick' it to the wall of the rear compartment just behind the light holes. ....... It holds really well so do not peel of the backing and place it until you are SURE of your placement. Once it is placed it will be VERY difficult to remove. :nono:

Hope this helps. Anyone that gets these, can feel free to PM me if they have any questions.

AGAIN, I love these lights. Already got many thumbs up from people who have seen them. :thumbs:

TommyV 10-04-2009 05:54 PM

Damit, I thought I was done modding. Got to get me some of those. :)

ten64 10-04-2009 06:01 PM

When you activate a directional, and the running lights are on, does the brake light alternate between running and brake? or do they blink on and off as they would if you didn't have the running lights on? Just thinking about how it would look at night. Thanks, hope I explained myself correctly.

ncvette_1FUNRIDE 10-04-2009 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by ten64 (Post 1571711962)
When you activate a directional, and the running lights are on, does the brake light alternate between running and brake? or do they blink on and off as they would if you didn't have the running lights on? Just thinking about how it would look at night. Thanks, hope I explained myself correctly.

If running lights are ON then the turn signal causes the LEDs to alternate between very bright and just normal (ON).

If lights are not on at all the the turn signal causes LEDs to alternate between very bright and off.

Does this answer your question?

ten64 10-04-2009 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by ncvette_1FUNRIDE (Post 1571712048)
If running lights are ON then the turn signal causes the LEDs to alternate between very bright and just normal (ON).

If lights are not on at all the the turn signal causes LEDs to alternate between very bright and off.

Does this answer your question?

Yes it does, thanks Randy!

rmwiles 10-04-2009 06:45 PM

I purchased the same LED Lights late last week. I will have them in on Thursday.
I got the Chrome with Clear Lenses. I will take some pictures when I get them installed. I really couldn't find any pictures with the Clear's on a C6 before I ordered them.
We have all of the clear Lenses on our bikes and they look great though. Should look good with the chrome back there, so we will see.

Rick,
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...sePA0909-4.jpg

Vette332 10-04-2009 06:50 PM

Can't wait to see the pictures with the clear lens.

ncvette_1FUNRIDE 10-04-2009 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by rmwiles (Post 1571712397)
I purchased the same LED Lights late last week. I will have them in on Thursday.
I got the Chrome with Clear Lenses. I will take some pictures when I get them installed. I really couldn't find any pictures with the Clear's on a C6 before I ordered them.
We have all of the clear Lenses on our bikes and they look great though. Should look good with the chrome back there, so we will see.

Rick

Yes, definitely post some pics. I'm sure a lot of people will be interested to see what those look like installed. :thumbs:

Thanks

ALVetteFan 10-04-2009 08:55 PM

Those look really good. :thumbs:

SAMS67427 10-05-2009 02:07 PM

:thumbs:Hey Randy....Thanks for posting about your LED's.. I ordered the ones like yours today. Thanks Again Sammy

not08crmanymore 10-05-2009 02:16 PM

:thumbs: nice.