CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-zr1-and-z06-136/)
-   -   [Z06] Here is some video from the ALMS Winter test at Sebring this week. (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-zr1-and-z06/2238910-here-is-some-video-from-the-alms-winter-test-at-sebring-this-week.html)

LG Motorsports 01-29-2009 09:35 PM

Here is some video from the ALMS Winter test at Sebring this week.

It was posted by "Racer X" . on Blip.TV I don't know who that is but it is about 11 minutes long and pretty good.

http://blip.tv/file/1711651?filename...Testing100.wmv

We were there and got down to a 2:03.5 which was about 1.5 seconds off the fastest Michelin time of the 3 day test. We were on last year Dunlop compound which is behind what the BMW team now has.

I ran almost 8 hours of testing in two days during 4 two hour sessions. I only got out of the car between two hour sessions.

We didn't have our proper 1st gear for the hairpin but we will for the race.

Thanks
Lou G

Short-Throw 01-29-2009 09:50 PM

Lou,

Where do you think the Michelins are picking up the 1.5 seconds? A few tenths all over or faster turns like 17 and 1?

Those Porsches go through the hairpin pretty good.

Your car sounds great! I hope you have a trouble free season!

Mike

Chalky 01-29-2009 10:06 PM

Lou:

Thanks for the update. GL @ 12 Hour!

Z06Fix 01-29-2009 10:30 PM

Ahh what a great sound track!!!

Lou, is GM going to get you the heads you need this year?

LG Motorsports 01-29-2009 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by Short-Throw (Post 1568748638)
Lou,

Where do you think the Michelins are picking up the 1.5 seconds? A few tenths all over or faster turns like 17 and 1?

Those Porsches go through the hairpin pretty good.

Your car sounds great! I hope you have a trouble free season!

Mike

Well if you consider that a slow corner is about 60mph +/- that is 88ft per second, and with 17 corners at Sebring, it would only take .1 sec to lose 8.8 feet.

Our data, when we compared the Kumho to the Dunlop tires showed the overall grip lost tenths of a second in each corner just from less traction.

When we put on a fresh set of stickers, the grip goes up so much, you can feel it and the car goes 1 second faster than an old set instantly.

So it is more likely that the Dunlop tires that we have now are losing just under a tenth of a sec on each corner. (maybe more in the long corners and less in the short corners.

We also did not have the correct gear for the hairpin turn which lost us a bit.

Thanks

Lou G

PS, We hope we just "Have... A... season" :thumbs:

1-2-b-67L89 01-29-2009 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by LG Motorsports (Post 1568749338)
Well if you consider that a slow corner is about 60mph +/- that is 88ft per second, and with 17 corners at Sebring, it would only take .1 sec to lose 8.8 feet.

Our data, when we compared the Kumho to the Dunlop tires showed the overall grip lost tenths of a second in each corner just from less traction.

When we put on a fresh set of stickers, the grip goes up so much, you can feel it and the car goes 1 second faster than an old set instantly.

So it is more likely that the Dunlop tires that we have now are losing just under a tenth of a sec on each corner. (maybe more in the long corners and less in the short corners.

We also did not have the correct gear for the hairpin turn which lost us a bit.

Thanks

Lou G

PS, We hope we just "Have... A... season" :thumbs:

Good luck Lou with "having a season" :thumbs:
It will be better this year for sure :cheers:
Chick

LG Motorsports 01-30-2009 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by Z06Fix (Post 1568749168)
Ahh what a great sound track!!!

Lou, is GM going to get you the heads you need this year?

No, We are lucky that they let me keep the Chevy Logo on the car. :eek:

LG

C6R 01-30-2009 06:00 AM

Thanks for posting the awesome vid Lou! :cheers:

I wish you all the best this season, hope you can have one and preferably a good one on that! :thumbs:

I can't begin to tell you how much respect I have that you keep on going despite the big manufacturers backed competition!

A fan from Holland! :flag:

mslymburner 01-30-2009 07:31 AM

Great Video.... my brother and I will be there for the race this year... can't wait!!!

(wish I were able to bring the Z!!!!)

Everett Ogilvie 01-30-2009 09:31 AM

The car sounds great Lou - here's hoping you have a very good and successful season!

:thumbs:

dollarbill 01-30-2009 10:33 AM

Good luck Lou. We will be there in the Corvette Coral 'stands' cheering you on. I hope to see you over in the pits too :cheers::thumbs:

LG Motorsports 01-30-2009 11:39 AM

Thanks guys.

We are still trying to tie up the loose ends to put this race together along with others.

We will keep you posted.

LG