CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C1 & C2 Corvettes (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c1-and-c2-corvettes-4/)
-   -   Its Back.... Shriner COPO with L-88... (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c1-and-c2-corvettes/2225860-its-back-shriner-copo-with-l-88-a.html)

achapman 01-13-2009 03:49 PM

Its Back.... Shriner COPO with L-88...

Well at least this time is has a new write up... Shriner's COPO with an L-88...

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/appli...&st=1&lot=1247

wmf62 01-13-2009 03:57 PM

the description is still ambiguous...
Bill

ctjackster 01-13-2009 04:05 PM

this is good:

"Originally a base motor 300"

Then they get a little ambiguous:

"and upgraded to a 427cid/430hp engine although it is now equipped with an L88 package"

and then they flat out go deceptive:

"Documented as 1 of 13 Shriner COPO cars with a correct L88 driveline."

:rolleyes:

Chuck Gongloff 01-13-2009 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by ctjackster (Post 1568538366)

Then they get a little ambiguous:

"and upgraded to a 427cid/430hp engine although it is now equipped with an L88 package"

and then they flat out go deceptive:

"Documented as 1 of 13 Shriner COPO cars with a correct L88 driveline."

:rolleyes:

Sounds like an attorney wrote it. :D

Chuck

ctjackster 01-13-2009 04:45 PM

damn attorneys! ('till you need one, that is ;) )

Chuck Gongloff 01-13-2009 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by ctjackster (Post 1568538794)
damn attorneys! ('till you need one, that is ;) )

We still love ya, Jack. :D

Chuck

Gimme1MoreC1 01-13-2009 05:38 PM

there's another thread going on trying to guess the hammer price of the Grand Sport #2, heck this would be a better guess. Come on, a totally "correct" L-88 Shriner ride, it's got to be 7 figures, huh?:bs

JohnZ 01-13-2009 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by ctjackster (Post 1568538366)
this is good:

"Originally a base motor 300"

I wrote Steve Davis a couple of months ago and got him to include that statement in the description; he said he and the current owner were both aware of the car's history.

Very careful and clever wordsmithing in the rest of the description, however... :rolleyes:

bigredbrad 01-15-2009 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by JohnZ (Post 1568541228)
I wrote Steve Davis a couple of months ago and got him to include that statement in the description; he said he and the current owner were both aware of the car's history.

Very careful and clever wordsmithing in the rest of the description, however... :rolleyes:

Like steve davis gives a crap what you or anybody else in the world thinks. If Zora himself rose from the dead and told steve to change the description and be honest about what this car really is, he would keep his smug look and sunglasses on and tell him right to his face to take a flying leap. Talk about arrogance and selling his soul for the almighty dollar, him and his boss take the cake.

I want to puke everytime I see craig pimping his mom up there on the auction stand all just to make another dollar.

I love the circus, just not the ringmaster

bigredbrad

53 Blue Flame Brett 01-16-2009 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by bigredbrad (Post 1568568428)
Like steve davis gives a crap what you or anybody else in the world thinks. If Zora himself rose from the dead and told steve to change the description and be honest about what this car really is, he would keep his smug look and sunglasses on and tell him right to his face to take a flying leap. Talk about arrogance and selling his soul for the almighty dollar, him and his boss take the cake.

I want to puke everytime I see craig pimping his mom up there on the auction stand all just to make another dollar.

I love the circus, just not the ringmaster

bigredbrad

They spend all the time in the world when auctioning one their VIP's cars. They DID short gavel the Sox and Martin car and screwed the guy. I don't blame him for chaining the car up afterward. Their consigner's contract is so ambiguous that they got away with it. It's fun to watch but I would never buy or sell there.
BJ = PT Barnum:bs

Ironcross 01-16-2009 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by 53 Blue Flame Brett (Post 1568570044)
They spend all the time in the world when auctioning one their VIP's cars. They DID short gavel the Sox and Martin car and screwed the guy. I don't blame him for chaining the car up afterward. Their consigner's contract is so ambiguous that they got away with it. It's fun to watch but I would never buy or sell there.
BJ = PT Barnum:bs

Except it was not the Sox car, but the Ramchargers Parts store 70s Cuda. It too had some possible misleading information. It was claimed to be the "Original" Ramchargers car. By 1970 all the original Ramchargers were either back to their old jobs at Chryslers or Elton Eckstran to his Law office. The Michigan Judge who purchased the car from the Ramchargers auto parts store thought he was going to make a killing at BJ`s. I understand he did clear close to 40K and I think made up with BJ`s.

jerrybramlett 01-16-2009 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by bigredbrad (Post 1568568428)
... I love the circus, just not the ringmaster

I don't even like the "circus". It's still an embarrassing display of American wealth and poor taste.

LSUvetteguy 01-16-2009 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by jerrybramlett (Post 1568571777)
I don't even like the "circus". It's still an embarrassing display of American wealth and poor taste.

:iagree:

GC2X4 01-16-2009 09:47 AM

What ?

If you can't read the description on this car and fully understand what you would be bidding on, then you should hire an attorney and sue your parents ---- for dropping you on your head when you were a child !!

BrettG 01-16-2009 09:51 AM

I hope either Ron Pratt or Terry M purchase it............

zadspal 01-16-2009 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by BrettG (Post 1568572545)
I hope either Ron Pratt or Terry M purchase it............

:D:iagree::rofl::lol:

ctjackster 01-16-2009 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by GC2X4 (Post 1568572499)
If you can't read the description on this car and fully understand what you would be bidding on, then you should hire an attorney and sue your parents ---- for dropping you on your head when you were a child !!

I agree that being stupid is no excuse, but if you were to read the board for this car (being sold by Larry Sachs, btw) like I did yesterday in the high-end tent out here, you'd be hard-pressed to appreciate the truth, and a strong case could be made that the car is being misrepresented - they have twisted the shriner thing into a selling point, as if this was some sort of shriner-commissioned L88 or something.

The fact is, the law provides that if you knowingly misrepresent some fact about the product you are selling, and that is a material fact, and the buyer relies on this material misrepresentation, you have a fraudelent sale; and that is not the fault of the buyer who has been mislead.

GC2X4 01-16-2009 01:38 PM

ctjackster

Since I'm freezing my tail off here in Cincinnati and do not have the pleasure of being in Scottsdale--I will not disagree with your statement
about what is represented on the sales board.
I was speaking of the cars description as listed here.

Harps 01-16-2009 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by jerrybramlett (Post 1568571777)

I agree too, but I can't pull myself away from watching the circus.

It's like complaining about the traffic and all the rubber necking around a traffic accident, and then when you come up on it yourself, you look over too. :lol:

BrettG 01-16-2009 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by ctjackster (Post 1568574794)
I agree that being stupid is no excuse, but if you were to read the board for this car (being sold by Larry Sachs, btw) like I did yesterday in the high-end tent out here, you'd be hard-pressed to appreciate the truth, and a strong case could be made that the car is being misrepresented - they have twisted the shriner thing into a selling point, as if this was some sort of shriner-commissioned L88 or something.

The fact is, the law provides that if you knowingly misrepresent some fact about the product you are selling, and that is a material fact, and the buyer relies on this material misrepresentation, you have a fraudelent sale; and that is not the fault of the buyer who has been mislead.

Have heard many an interesting story about LS, who happens to be a local Westchester resident.............
Can't say that I'd be interested in puchasing anything he has for sale....

(hope that was polite enought to not offend anyone especially the C.F. gods)