CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-forced-induction-nitrous-86/)
-   -   *** I DID IT ! ! ! Smashed the 8-second barrier today *** (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-forced-induction-nitrous/2186514-i-did-it-smashed-the-8-second-barrier-today.html)

vetterlatethannever 11-19-2008 07:01 PM

Congrats man, that had to feel like nothing else!!!!

FLATOUT 11-19-2008 07:15 PM

Way to go Dude!

totally bad a$$

you guys are kickin BUTT!:thumbs:

wyndzer 11-19-2008 07:18 PM

Congrats man!! What is the exact tire you are running? I can't find any 315 Mt's anywhere in 16 inch.

rodney@rpmtransmissions 11-19-2008 07:31 PM

Congrats Mike I knew you would get that 8sec ET. I've been bustin you up for a while to try and make it happen, I guess it worked. I'm looking forward to meeting you (and letting you buy me a drink) at PRI in a few weeks. :D Hey would you mind if I put your 8sec video up on our website? :cool:

Z06wanted 11-19-2008 07:42 PM

congrads man

motoGPguy 11-19-2008 08:20 PM

Congrats Mike! :cheers:
It's been a long road for you. I hope you can sit back and simply enjoy the car now. After all, what more could you want from a street car?

I think Brent had the right idea when he bought a fully built, turn key race car and trailer for the track. If you want anymore than what you have now, you might want to consider doing the same. Although, I can't see how you could. 8 seconds is INSANE no matter who you are. The fact that you are doing it with a true street car just makes it more amazing. Props to you and Cartek for reaching all the goals that were set.....and then some.:thumbs:

Robert56@RNS 11-19-2008 09:06 PM

Wow Mike impressive pass no doubt, congrats. The thing is with a 1.37 60'er it seemed so damn smooth; that car is really set-up and took the power perfect. I also would like to host your video on my site, even though it's an N2O site i will add a turbo video section because the pass is such an accomplishment for a 100% true street/strip car. I knew you would get an 8.xx pass, but you have tore into the 8's and certainly more left. :thumbs:
Robert

madmatt9471 11-19-2008 09:41 PM

That is absoloutly sick man just sick :party:

I'm hoping for mid 10's with mine this weekend in bakersfield at FAMOSO! :D

I just need the MT ET Streets to hook good and I think I'll do it :smash:

Thanks,Matt

STEALTH 99 C5 11-19-2008 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by rodney@rpmtransmissions (Post 1567908818)
Congrats Mike I knew you would get that 8sec ET. I've been bustin you up for a while to try and make it happen, I guess it worked. I'm looking forward to meeting you (and letting you buy me a drink) at PRI in a few weeks. :D Hey would you mind if I put your 8sec video up on our website? :cool:

Rodney , I owe you more than a drink , dinner is on me my friend . Thank you for all you've done for me over the last 4 years , this would not be possible with out your help and great product , you can see in the video how crisp the trans shifts , it really kicks you in the asz inside the car . I'm proud to be the first RPM A4 Trans car in the 8's :yesnod: , and of course you can put the video up . :cheers: :thumbs:

STEALTH 99 C5 11-19-2008 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Robert56@RNS (Post 1567910188)
Wow Mike impressive pass no doubt, congrats. The thing is with a 1.37 60'er it seemed so damn smooth; that car is really set-up and took the power perfect. I also would like to host your video on my site, even though it's an N2O site i will add a turbo video section because the pass is such an accomplishment for a 100% true street/strip car. I knew you would get an 8.xx pass, but you have tore into the 8's and certainly more left. :thumbs:
Robert

Thanks Robert , And yes you can use the video .

STEALTH 99 C5 11-19-2008 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by wyndzer (Post 1567908639)
Congrats man!! What is the exact tire you are running? I can't find any 315 Mt's anywhere in 16 inch.

They are on backorder , very hard to find , my friend Adam gave me the set I just recently put on a few weeks ago , I have another set that's got a little life in them as a backup . I hope they keep making these tires .

TGstring 11-19-2008 09:51 PM

I'm new to the vettes but not new to the track- those numbers and that vid speak volumes!

running 8s on a car you DROVE to the track is VERY RARELY seen and it's such a beautiful sight when you see it :thumbs:

Congrats to you and everyone who had a hand in your success and frame that timeslip:thumbs:

tekhombre 11-20-2008 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by STEALTH 99 C5 (Post 1567899784)
Julio , I have huge respect for you as a tuner/engine builder and as a friend , thanks for all you have done for me over the past 8 years , we've had some great times together , it's days like today that make this sometimes frustrating hobby worth it , you are tops in your line of work . I have to say I think today tops the feeling I got when we were the first All-Motor IRS C5 in the nines four years ago . Thanks again to you , Roy , Mike , Julian , Max and Tim . You guys are a great team , and you have big things ahead of you . We have to have a little sit down this winter and see where we want to go from here . ;) :D

Thanks for the very kind words Mike. We will always be there for you. :cool:

Julio

BTW, here are the time slips.

http://www.cartek.net/images/stealth887.jpg

Mopar Jimmy 11-20-2008 12:45 AM

Freaking Incredble achievement Mike just OUTSTANDING and I feel your excitement bro and am happy for you! :cheers: :cheers:

GREAT JOB, incredible machine and did it with the tires you run on the street is very, very :cool: :cool:!!!!

Simply amazing that you were able to achieve this on Drag Radials (MTs I assume) that were hooking you better than slickes. Really speaks volumes on those drag radials and the fact you drove it to the track and drove it back home is truely priceless and the true test of your beast being a true street/strip car!

peter pan 11-20-2008 11:25 AM

Congrats for smashing into the 8s with a street driven Vette, never thought I would see that out of a daily driver:thumbs::thumbs:

STEALTH 99 C5 11-20-2008 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by orangecrrrush (Post 1567904643)
Mike,

That is awesome!! I know what work went behind that 8.87 from you and Cartek. Well deserved!!!!

Julio,

It must be the Cigar that made the difference!

Adam

Adam , You were part of that pass , if you didn't give me those tires , I would be in trouble , they have been on backorder for months , I don't know what I'm going to do when these wear out , hopefully they'll be available .

FreddyG 11-20-2008 05:23 PM

Congratulations Stealth on the Great runs!! :cheers:

Like someone else said in this thread, you didn't creep into the eights, you broke the door down! :thumbs:

STEALTH 99 C5 11-20-2008 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by LuvmyC5 (Post 1567918847)
Congratulations Stealth on the Great runs!! :cheers:

Like someone else said in this thread, you didn't creep into the eights, you broke the door down! :thumbs:

Thanks , I honestly would've been just as happy with an 8.99 , now that I know there is still more in it , and my competitive juices are flowing , with a few small changes over the winter , I think I'm going to shoot for 8.70's at 160 .

STEALTH 99 C5 11-20-2008 06:20 PM

Thanks to all of you guys for the props , the past 2-1/2 years have been rough for me , 3 surgeries , loss of a job , house etc , I didn't have the funds to put the car on kill and go after my goal , but the last few months have been great , good things are happening for me , and I got that 8-second slip , now it's time to regroup and set the bar higher .

Thanks for your support . :cheers: :thumbs:

uniquec5 11-20-2008 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by STEALTH 99 C5 (Post 1567919569)
Thanks to all of you guys for the props , the past 2-1/2 years have been rough for me , 3 surgeries , loss of a job , house etc , I didn't have the funds to put the car on kill and go after my goal , but the last few months have been great , good things are happening for me , and I got that 8-second slip , now it's time to regroup and set the bar higher .

Thanks for your support . :cheers: :thumbs:

Im glad everything is working out for you..:cheers: