CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-zr1-and-z06-136/)
-   -   [Z06] Carbon Fiber weaved hood PICS (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-zr1-and-z06/2080140-carbon-fiber-weaved-hood-pics.html)

Gary Wells 07-21-2008 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Bobby @ LG Motorsports (Post 1566396635)
I have this carbon one here, sanded and cleared ( They do not come out shiney like that out of the mold, gary can vouch for that with wet lay)
But its ready to go, no muss, no fuss, no wait.
Bobby

I will vouch for that. Generally time consuming detail sanding is required prior to clearing.

Plano76vette 07-14-2009 09:53 AM

I like Jason HOOD!!! Everyone has a different opinion and I am glad they do, otherwise we would all have the same car and color!

bvanwoud 07-14-2009 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by 427Z (Post 1566332823)
the difference btween the pics of those exotics is that they are tastefully done and do not clash with the colors of the cars in the way red z does.

the red z makes the outline of the hood painfully obvious and screws up the lines of the car. it just looks like the hood needs to be painted.

whatever floats you boat but comparing those exotic cars and how they are done to the red z is apples to oranges

Agreed:iagree:enough said

jkrlucas 07-14-2009 11:14 AM

Anyone have pics of a Cyber Grey ZO6 with a carbon fiber hood?

fedaricko01 07-14-2009 11:53 AM

For those who do not like the hood on Jason's Katech Z06, you really need to see it in person because pictures do not do it justice. It looks freakin' awesome! :thumbs:

Bigbucks 07-14-2009 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by 427Z (Post 1566332823)
the difference btween the pics of those exotics is that they are tastefully done and do not clash with the colors of the cars in the way red z does.

the red z makes the outline of the hood painfully obvious and screws up the lines of the car. it just looks like the hood needs to be painted.

whatever floats you boat but comparing those exotic cars and how they are done to the red z is apples to oranges

:iagree:

QwikC 07-14-2009 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Katech_Jason (Post 1566333082)
I can understand where you are coming from. I like it though and so do about 50% of the people that see it in person. I get better response from people that actually see the car. Internet pictures do it no justice.

Jason,

In respect to diversity and personal taste(s) I don't find it rice but do find that its sense of composition (CF) is integrally conducive more so with a black, cyber grey, or a dark color scheme, and share 427Z's opinion about the continuity aspect of hood vs. roof top – different planes. Form and function does have merit as well as does placement/elevation relative to separation. Again, nothing intended but opinion merely rendered to aesthetic consideration however of personal perception and subjectivity.

The hood also appears to fit better than most, and I agree that pictures at times can discredit actual conditions. Just look at a forum member’s thread here and the reviews regarding his wide bodied Corvette. I suspect it may indeed look every bit better in reality than pictures make of it.

Incidentally, there’s nothing wrong with contrast if the elements of the form, less by insistence, lend themselves to such expression. Whether yea or nay, after all that’s said, it’s what pleases you that matters.

– best

NigelM5 07-14-2009 05:37 PM

I would get the carbon hood and paint it. You'll still see the carbon on the undersurface. Another option is paint it and leave the louvres in exposed carbon.

dvandentop 07-14-2009 06:06 PM

damn back from the dead on this topic

novaz06 07-14-2009 10:28 PM

that aston martin interior is amazing

1991Z07 07-14-2009 10:40 PM

I think they would look better leaving the raised center and the louvers exposed CF, and paint the rest of the hood (almost like 1stZ's car). I'd take it down to the nose and just follow the natural lines of the hood. Get someone to airbrush the scoop area with CF...

I can agree that the entire hood "only" just doesn't do it for me...I would want it to follow some of the body lines...used as an "accent" it would look killer...kinda like a Cooksie edition with a CF hood stripe :thumbs:

EZZK 07-15-2009 11:52 AM

How much kinds of all carbon hoods(weaved) for C6 Z06?
Anybody got pics of them?
:lurk:

Bahnzii 07-26-2009 03:15 AM

Originally Posted by jkrlucas (Post 1570781122)
Anyone have pics of a Cyber Grey ZO6 with a carbon fiber hood?

PureSwank 07-26-2009 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by Bahnzii (Post 1570917158)

Did you just revive this thread?
http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/q...r-troopers.jpg
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...e_All_Like.jpg