CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C5 General (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general-103/)
-   -   NEW Interior LED Mod Thread (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general/1996579-new-interior-led-mod-thread.html)

tstar 08-14-2013 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by 0H1Z06 (Post 1584658691)
As a caveat'.. Tim has to be one of the most stand up, honest men that I have done business with on this forum... No surprises w him... Good stuff Tim... you sell that car yet?

Nope... not even a nibble!!! It isn't your "standard" Vette so it may take awhile for someone looking for a weekend track car/show car to find it or I'm asking too much for it... I'm not exactly a motivated seller either if you know what I mean! :lol:

Did you see the For Sale post?

Tim

TXGS507 08-14-2013 08:41 AM

Actually I did... and I DO know what you mean...:rofl: That is a good way to be...:thumbs: Patience Grasshoppa...

Originally Posted by tstar (Post 1584667207)
Nope... not even a nibble!!! It isn't your "standard" Vette so it may take awhile for someone looking for a weekend track car/show car to find it or I'm asking too much for it... I'm not exactly a motivated seller either if you know what I mean! :lol:

Did you see the For Sale post?

Tim

tstar 08-14-2013 02:46 PM

Amen brutha....

OK... Back to our regularly scheduled programming!

FadeAYepez 08-21-2013 11:57 PM

Hopefully someone can direct me to the right direction, i jus had my hvac get in led upgrade, i love the way it came out and am happy with it. But i wanted to do a bright white led set up with only the a couple of leds in different colors but the rest of the hvac white. They came out a baby blueish color. I removed the plastic piece to the shifter to replace that led with a bright white 194 and that also came out baby blueish. I actually took a liking to this and would like to replace the rest of the switches with this color, would buying blue leds from oznium (since they r plug n play) be good and change the color to this baby blueish or would they be a darker blue? Thanks in advance
[IMG]http://i1309.photobucket.com/albums/...ps8b004e45.jpg[/IMG]

TheRadioFlyer 08-22-2013 08:50 AM

The baby blue hue is the result of a blue filter on a pure white light source. You should be able to replicate this on your other lights using the blue bulb filter found on the filament bulbs and placing them over a white bulb-style LED (it would work on chip style, but wouldn't be as easy to keep the filter mounted)

tstar 08-23-2013 04:50 AM

Whoever did your HVAC should have discussed this with you first to warn you that White LEDs in the Radio/HVAC turn out Blue/White or Ice Blue...

As RF said you would have to tint the LEDs in the remaining switches with a Blue Film or stain like a Blue sharpie perhaps. The problem is that every damn switch is different in material and thickness of material making it extremely difficult keeping the same hue throughout the car, that's why I stopped doing White on a normal basis!

FYI the Dimmer switch also has Blue film embedded in it while the HUD switch does not...

Tim

FadeAYepez 08-23-2013 04:56 AM

Thanks for the replies radioflyer and tstar, i should have jus went with an all blue interior, more than likely what i will end up doing and the jus leave the hvac that color.

MiRatlhed 11-09-2013 08:23 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Hello everybody ! I need some help with my mirror LED's.

I purchased these here:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/170875083885...84.m1423.l2649

They work fine and are very bright.

Attachment 48178858

My problem is they are really loose, they do not fit my 1997 C5 mirror very well. I took the mirror off the windshield and tried to squeeze the connectors together so I could get a tighter fit but they are still loose. Only so much those would come together until they would pop right back to their original shape. I looked at this list and bought the 42mm Festoon bulbs but it seems the girth or diameter of the bulb socket is just too small, they could even be a bit longer and would not have a issue. I even had to try and slide them to one side really far to try and get them seated. I took it for a spin last night and before I got home one of them had worked its way loose.

So do I need a different bigger bulb? I have plenty of room in there! haha

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Here is some more pics, I replaced my footwells with White and my rears with Blue. Gotta still do the panels which I am going to do with white.

Attachment 48178859

Attachment 48178860

These match my amps really sweet. The PowerBass name lights up in blue on these when they are powered on.

Attachment 48178861

What is the best place to get the neo-wedge type b's from these days? I need them for my doors, dash panels, shifter etc....

ASarsano 11-09-2013 06:28 PM

Superbrightleds.com

MiRatlhed 11-09-2013 07:01 PM

I ordered too small of a bulb. I for some reason had it stuck in my mind 42mm and I needed the 44mm bulbs. Thanks for the link! I will get some of the right ones ordered.

corvette lover45 11-24-2013 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by tstar (Post 1565145090)
Well a direct bulb for bulb swap Neo or LED/Combo anyway. Not alot of the customizing that we've done in the MOTHER (:rofl: ) Thread! But hey, as long as it stays managable and doesn't get 50 pages long...

I haven't started working on the custom Thread yet... Then again I haven't done TOO much customizing, a ton of experimenting though! :willy:

I actually use one of my stained glass mojo irons to remove the bulbs, the tip hits both pads at the same time. Then I use a solder sucker to clean out the holes. It would be nice to have someone helping as long as their breath didn't stink!

Did you catch that link on totally removing the Radio board?????

Tim

I had a question i did these mod and it turn out bad but my real question is would you know why my lights dont light up in the car also my buttons dont work on the radio i tested the leds with a 9v and they all work

SilverC54me 11-24-2013 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by corvette lover45 (Post 1585509972)
I had a question i did these mod and it turn out bad but my real question is would you know why my lights dont light up in the car also my buttons dont work on the radio i tested the leds with a 9v and they all work

As I mentioned in the other thread and may not have been totally clear on, since you did not disconnect the front panel from the main circuit board when testing with the battery that may have damaged the main circuit board.

Gary

Chicago1 11-24-2013 08:04 PM

2 Attachment(s)
ebay $15 bucks shipped for the pair. Its like daylight in my car..Don't mind the wiring mess I was installing boost/fuel gauge. That strip is plug and play

Attachment 48178862

Attachment 48178863

SacCityCorvette 12-26-2013 10:31 PM

Good stuff!:thumbs:

gtrslngrchris 02-13-2014 07:28 AM

Bump for this thread! I was stumped trying to figure out how best to make the TC/AH button light up better and this thread came through.

Fightin Irishman 02-13-2014 05:16 PM

This is an awesome thread! I may have missed it, since the thread has so many pages, but is there a way to change the color that the HUD displays? I think a blue display would look great.

tstar 02-14-2014 03:35 AM

Not that I'm aware of but I haven't torn one apart yet either. The other displays (Radio and HVAC) are sealed units and can not be changed.

I'm finally getting to work on the C6 stuff and I changed the display color on the HVAC easily, they are back lit LCD displays and I simply swapped out the backlighting PLCC 2s...

Tim

_r2h 02-22-2014 07:15 PM

Anyone replaced their orange "floodlight" with another color and have a picture? I'd like to replace with something in the orange/yellow range, but just would like something a just smidge brighter.

Any suggestions?

Edit: Is this still correct mod for the LED board in the mirror?

http://www.toquez06.com/led/led11.jpg

Thanks guys

nascar57 02-23-2014 12:47 AM

Yes, Although you dont need to do it for red. Works like a charm!

_r2h 02-23-2014 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by nascar57 (Post 1586240152)
Yes, Although you dont need to do it for red. Works like a charm!

Planned to do white which is why I was asking. Always have to pick the hardest of the options! :willy:

Now just have to find a replacement LED for the shift illumination LED that is yellow/orange'ish, but brighter than the stock one and i'll be golden!