CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   [BEWARE] Carolina Auto Masters (Jeff Creech) (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/1924211-beware-carolina-auto-masters-jeff-creech.html)

jayzze 01-26-2008 08:00 PM

your accident

sorry to hear about as a owner of a busisness i am responsible of the actions good or bad of my workers and i am responsible for my
customers goods since it is known as care custudy and control
this is where you should go after him goodluck

SpankUU 01-26-2008 08:00 PM

Its time for a lawyer and your day in court.

Bill Curlee 01-26-2008 08:08 PM

SUE THE BASTARD!

Please let us know how you make out. Good luck

Bill

blkchipC5 01-26-2008 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by jd94534 (Post 1563815147)
Its time for a lawyer and your day in court.

:iagree: It's actually easier than you think...the liability is all on him.

carnut08 01-26-2008 08:20 PM

Oh man! That makes me sick. Sorry to hear of your loss. Good luck.

HawaiiC6 01-26-2008 08:23 PM

It is sad to know that there are businesses out there that operate very unscrupulously, the owner had no right in letting an employee take your car without first obtaining your permission. By letting the employee take your car, he took full responsibility for the car.

He is therefore responsible for the car along with the mods and any monetary suffering you endured to get the car replaced. Which would the cost of the rental vehicle, any car payments along with insurance payments.

You should also contact the local news and inform them of what happened and maybe they would see that it would be a good story to get out to the public.

Good luck on the law suit and keep us informed.

MichaelB 01-26-2008 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by nmerhaut (Post 1563812873)
Sounds as though enough words have been said. Call a lawyer.

:iagree:

Originally Posted by BriscoCounty (Post 1563812852)
That sucks! Extremely unprofessional to let anyone without your permission drive it. Some of these guys think because they work on it, its theirs. Shouldn't have to get it in writing that joy riding in your car is not acceptable!

Sounds like you're going to need a lawyer. Shouldn't come to that, he should take responsibility and own up to it. Let us know how it works out. Something for others to take into consideration when you have this type of work done.

He had a great reputation on the forum too.....

NYC6 01-26-2008 08:38 PM

It will turn out good for you in the end,hang in there.:thumbs:

Weely 01-26-2008 08:40 PM

Talk to the insurance company of the driver and the repair shop. They should pay up. It shounds like this shop owner is totally unethical.

ZO6Gal 01-26-2008 08:42 PM

How in the world did the front end get destroyed like that without the air bags deploying?:willy: :eek:

Robin

Poppy's Vette 01-26-2008 08:43 PM

Man that sucks. I've know Jeff for years and I just can't believe this. He came out to Southern California and tuned my TA a few years back and this is just unbelievable. I would be one angry guy if I were you. Driving a customer's car without permission and not to check work is totally unacceptable. No excuses. Oh man Jeff, what were you thinking letting your employees get you into this situation? You need to come on here and say something.

Paul
1996 Blown WS6 TransAm 619 rwhp tuned by Jeff Creech

stormrider 01-26-2008 08:53 PM

On behalf of all of us on the C5 side, best of luck getting this taken care of. :sadangel:

Rage@AutoBuffs 01-26-2008 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by NYC6 (Post 1563815612)
It will turn out good for you in the end,hang in there.:thumbs:

:iagree: Sorry for all your troubles! Good Luck

johnodrake 01-26-2008 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by MichaelB (Post 1563815515)

He had a great reputation on the forum too.....

Looks like that may be down the toilet.

427435 01-26-2008 09:01 PM

A lawsuit will take a long time to proceed, and he may well hide any assests along the way-----which would only drag out the process farther.

I would strongly urge you to contact the police and district attorney and have them prosecuted for theft. They might then decide to settle with you quickly. You might have to get insistent with the district attorney, as they well try and duck the work.

tn4lee 01-26-2008 09:12 PM

I would suggest that you contact a lawyer immediately and pursue a lawsuit. You should also file criminal charges against the employee...he stole your car and totaled it in the process.

renegad44 01-26-2008 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by 427435 (Post 1563815989)
A lawsuit will take a long time to proceed, and he may well hide any assests along the way-----which would only drag out the process farther.

I would strongly urge you to contact the police and district attorney and have them prosecuted for theft. They might then decide to settle with you quickly. You might have to get insistent with the district attorney, as they well try and duck the work.

:iagree: Unauthorized use equals theft, he had no right to "joy ride" your Corvette. If the owner continues to beat around the bush, and the "thief" does not step forward himself, file charges. I can't tell you how to do it, but try to look around to see if the owner has a "liability umbrella policy" those are usually in the millions($) and only cost a couple hundred $ a year. Look into that, and if so, go after it. That is terrible.
Good luck......:cheers:

VET4LES 01-26-2008 09:14 PM

So sorry about your problem. It sounds like you are on top of it. Keep us posted.:cheers:

jim213 01-26-2008 09:17 PM

Geez that is just terrible. Keep us posted on this situation.

:willy: :willy:

Just 4 2 01-26-2008 09:26 PM

Boy, am I lucky, I was going to see what this guy could do. Get an attorney, you have to sue both CAM and the driver. As far as his assets, Yo probaby havd CAM first then The driver and Jeff personally