CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-zr1-and-z06-136/)
-   -   [Z06] SALE - Catch Can SALE !!! - Elite Engineering (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-zr1-and-z06/1838515-sale-catch-can-sale-elite-engineering.html)

Elite Engineering 10-15-2007 11:10 AM

SALE - Catch Can SALE !!! - Elite Engineering

1 Attachment(s)
We have received a lot of requests to run some type of Sale or Group Purchase on our popular PCV Oil Catch Cans. After some solid weeks of manufacturing, we have finally built our inventory up to the point where I feel we could support a Sale.

This sale is exclusive to Corvette Forum members only. And you can only find this special pricing through the following link:

http://eliteengineeringusa.com/Catch_Can_GP.html

It's what's inside the Catch Can that counts.....with our stainless steel internal diffuser, we feel this is the best Catch Can on the market. Designed and tested exclusively on a LSX Corvette. It has quickly become the Catch Can of choice for many of the Corvette Forum Auto Tuners.

While supplies last, Available in Silver, Black, Red, and Blue.

Complete kit with all clamps, hose, and hardware for an easy installation, plus free shipping!
$125.00 Shipped to your door!

Check out our website for more information and pictures!

RoHo 10-15-2007 06:09 PM

Are these for the C6 Z06? if so where do they mount in the engine compartment?

fop91 10-15-2007 08:53 PM

I would like to know this to

ramairws6 10-15-2007 09:05 PM

This is a very nice piece!I have one on my F-Body and I love it. I paid more for it though.:rolleyes: Traver

Bristol 10-20-2007 01:01 PM

I received the PVC Oil Catch Can yesterday, and it is beautiful and built perfect. The problem is that the instructions do not provide for the C6 Z06. I am not sure which hose to cut and the mounting positon on the block has only one bolt hole available.

Has anybody done the installation on a C6 Z06? Any advice? Elite is closed for the week-end and I would like to install it today.

Thanks

RoHo 10-20-2007 01:53 PM

All eye's and ear's are on you Bristol, please post when you get all of the answers.

I had a catch can on my C5Z and they do work, after the install I never got any more oil in the intake, but like you I didn't see any convenient place in the engine compartment to install the can.:flag:

CJ1957 10-20-2007 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by RoHo (Post 1562315841)
Are these for the C6 Z06? if so where do they mount in the engine compartment?

I did not find it on the Elite website but this seems to be the same product.

http://www.southerncarparts.com/Inst/catchcan.pdf

Hopefully this helps. :thumbs:

Bristol 10-20-2007 04:03 PM

PVC oil catch

Originally Posted by CJ1957 (Post 1562390127)
I did not find it on the Elite website but this seems to be the same product.

http://www.southerncarparts.com/Inst/catchcan.pdf

Hopefully this helps. :thumbs:

That is not it. The C6 Z06 is a dry sump system and the layout is different from the C6. I have emailed Elite Engineering and will post the instructions when I get them. I hope they have done a Z06 before.:eek:

tjwong 10-20-2007 07:28 PM

I have installed the very same catch can on my Z, it connects into the PCV system just like other standard LS1/LS1 engines. It works very well and is very well made.

Bristol 10-20-2007 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by tjwong (Post 1562392219)
I have installed the very same catch can on my Z, it connects into the PCV system just like other standard LS1/LS1 engines. It works very well and is very well made.

Can you give me some more help?

Did you find two blt hole to attach the bracket to? Did you have to remove the harness from the front of the block?

Which line did you cut to place the PVC oil drain too?

Did you put anti-seizing compound on the SS bolts so they will not react with the alumium block?

Do you havw any pictures?

Thanks for any help you cn provide,

Bristol

MR Z 10-23-2007 10:57 PM

:bigears

tjwong 10-24-2007 02:37 AM

Originally Posted by Bristol (Post 1562395169)
Can you give me some more help?

Did you find two blt hole to attach the bracket to? Did you have to remove the harness from the front of the block?

Which line did you cut to place the PVC oil drain too?

Did you put anti-seizing compound on the SS bolts so they will not react with the alumium block?

Do you havw any pictures?

Thanks for any help you cn provide,

Bristol

I wil try to get some pictures for you this week. I was at the shop late tonight on my dyno working, and it looks like rain tomorrow so that means I won't be taking the Z to the shop. I was able to use the two bolt holes on the front of the right cylinder head, the bracket lines up very well using the two unused holes just next to the EVAP solenoid valve that is also mounted on the front of the head.

On another note, I removed the intake to replace it with a ported intake today, and I can tell you that 80% of the oil has been removed from getting into the manifold. The last time I removed the intake it was wet insde with oil, now while it still is getting some inside of the manifold, I estimate it to be less than 20% of what it was before the installation of the catch can.

RoHo 10-24-2007 10:40 AM

Tommie, once you had the can mounted are you still able to use the stock LS7 coil covers?--------Please show us some pic's.:thumbs:

Bristol 10-24-2007 04:52 PM

Pvc

Originally Posted by tjwong (Post 1562439085)
I wil try to get some pictures for you this week. I was at the shop late tonight on my dyno working, and it looks like rain tomorrow so that means I won't be taking the Z to the shop. I was able to use the two bolt holes on the front of the right cylinder head, the bracket lines up very well using the two unused holes just next to the EVAP solenoid valve that is also mounted on the front of the head.

On another note, I removed the intake to replace it with a ported intake today, and I can tell you that 80% of the oil has been removed from getting into the manifold. The last time I removed the intake it was wet insde with oil, now while it still is getting some inside of the manifold, I estimate it to be less than 20% of what it was before the installation of the catch can.

Wasn't one of the bolt hole used by a bracket harness? Did the canister bottom out on the water pump, and if I lift the canister up high it hits the dry sump tube.

We need pictures.:iagree:

Slow Poke 11-17-2007 11:10 AM

Has anyone figured out how to make this unit work with the Z06 dry sump system yet? I bought one and haven't seen anybody post the connection method yet. I don't want to cut any hoses until someone else says it will work on our cars. Thanks for any replies.

XC6VETTE 11-17-2007 01:27 PM

Tom Wong installed mine no problem....nice peice:thumbs:

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x...e/DSCN0218.jpg

Bristol 11-17-2007 01:33 PM

Empty the can

How the heck are you going to unscrew the bootom to empty the oil out?????????????:crazy:

burtonbl103 11-17-2007 01:38 PM

I love mine !!!

XC6VETTE 11-17-2007 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Bristol (Post 1562791761)
How the heck are you going to unscrew the bootom to empty the oil out?????????????:crazy:

Yes, I was a little disappointed to find out I'll have to unbolt it every time I want to empty it:willy: Tom said every 3 months or so but I should find out how many miles and if your style of driving affects the amount collected....anyone:bigears

Slow Poke 11-17-2007 05:34 PM

Thanks for the picture. Could you take one with the beauty cover off so I can see where the oil catch can top and bottom hoses connect to? Looks like you have an aftermarket air intake due to the location of the fresh air oil breather hose. Does one of the hoses attach to the fresh air piece and the other one goes to ?? Thanks for your reply.