CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvettes for Sale (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvettes-for-sale-98/)
-   -   FourFather Eddie Hill's Corvette convertible F/S (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvettes-for-sale/1754945-fourfather-eddie-hills-corvette-convertible-f-s.html)

FourFather 08-23-2007 01:33 PM

:cool: NEW PRICE as of 9-04-07- $51,895. Mileage now 3569.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...ffeyelevel.jpg

Eddie:flag:

FourFather 08-24-2007 10:51 AM

:flag: I'd like to take a motorcycle in trade, and I have a trailer we could use to transport the Vette, and if you have really good credit and enough down, I might finance the balance myself.:)

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...artertopup.jpg

FourFather 08-25-2007 01:19 PM

Whoever buys my Vette is welcome to go for rides in the other three cars, if you like, and if you happen to be a race fan, you'll get a generous supply of autographed and personalized racing memorabilia if you want.:yesnod:

Thanks for looking.:)

KeithKman 08-26-2007 03:31 PM

I am young, so I had no idea who you were until I opened this thread by accident. I guess you can't blame me since I was born the same year you won the 1988 Gatornationals in Gainesville.

I quickly did some internet searching and came up with a lot of info about you and how much of a class act you were/are. That seems to be harder and harder to find in professional sports these days.

I have always been fascinated with going fast on water. Most people would not understand. Most of the time when I tell people I went 80 mph on water, people don't care because they relate it to cars and think it is slow.

Through my internet searching, websites talked about your drag boat racing career and holding a world record for going through the 1320 in 229 mph. That is deadly fast on land, I could not imagine 229 mph on water.

What happened at Firebird Lake, outside of Phoenix in 1984 that caused you to crash? How fast were you going when you crashed?

Lastly, what are the main differences in driving a top fuel dragster compared to that of a drag boat?

Thanks.

FourFather 08-26-2007 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by KeithKman (Post 1561663111)
I am young, so I had no idea who you were until I opened this thread by accident. I guess you can't blame me since I was born the same year you won the 1988 Gatornationals in Gainesville.

I quickly did some internet searching and came up with a lot of info about you and how much of a class act you were/are. That seems to be harder and harder to find in professional sports these days.

I have always been fascinated with going fast on water. Most people would not understand. Most of the time when I tell people I went 80 mph on water, people don't care because they relate it to cars and think it is slow.

Through my internet searching, websites talked about your drag boat racing career and holding a world record for going through the 1320 in 229 mph. That is deadly fast on land, I could not imagine 229 mph on water.

What happened at Firebird Lake, outside of Phoenix in 1984 that caused you to crash? How fast were you going when you crashed?

Lastly, what are the main differences in driving a top fuel dragster compared to that of a drag boat?

Thanks.

Thank you for your kind words!

Going fast on water has always been a real HOOT!:thumbs: for me. The 229 mph I ran at Chowchilla, Cal., in the boat, actually felt faster than the Top Fuel car did at 323mph.:yesnod: Even my playboat(542 cu. in. Chev, with nitrous, in a 21 foot V-drive propeller boat) seems fast on the water, though it's not half as fast as my Top Fuel boat!

My last crash at Firebird (Phoenix) was at the finish line, clinching my World Championship again, with a win over the late Billy Todd. When I shut off after the finish line, the boat went airborne and did a flip in the air, throwing me in the water about halfway through the flip. I just hit the water the one time, no skipping or bouncing, just a brutal sudden stop!!:eek: Then the boat came crashing down fairly close to me, then the engine fell out of the sky, even closer to me, and then the battery came fairly close , too!!:eek: :eek:

The violence of the crash and sudden stop knocked me unconscious, and my "life vest" was, unfortunately, floating me face down in the water! But the pick-up crew got there very quickly and turned my face up, out of the water! The impact with the water had destroyed my face shield, and the water hit my eyes so hard that I was bleeding out of both eyes, and what had been the whites of my eyes was blood red . Stayed that way for about a month. My head swelled up, wide at the top like a triangle, and I would have looked right at home in a monster movie.:(

But the Good Lord pulled me through one more time-:blueangel:

Seven broken bones, and lotsa bruising, but I was a motivated healer, and said I'd be able to ride a motorcycle within six weeks, and I did, on the last day of the six weeks.:)

The doctors all said that the brain damage was a pre-existing condition, or else I wouldn't have been going that fast!!:lol:

We could never determine the cause for the crash, or how to prevent a recurrence.

My last ride at a boat race was out of there in an ambulance.

We've never been back to one.

KeithKman 08-26-2007 04:46 PM

Mr. Hill, thanks for responding.

I found a video of your crash at the 1997 NHRA Autolite Nationals at Sears Point Raceway on YouTube. Did they ever determined was caused that crash?

FourFather 08-27-2007 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by KeithKman (Post 1561663898)
Mr. Hill, thanks for responding.

I found a video of your crash at the 1997 NHRA Autolite Nationals at Sears Point Raceway on YouTube. Did they ever determined was caused that crash?

The Sonoma crash was caused by tire failure. The tread layer separated from the tire carcass. The tread layer "unrolled" off of the body of the tire, like a reverse of the building of the tire, where they wrap the tread layer around the body of the tire, and then bond it to the tire carcass. It came unstuck.

On that run,we ran a 4.674 second elapsed time at 310.88 mph, which was Top Speed and Low Elapsed Time of the event and the Track Speed Record, and the tread layer rolled off right at the finish line.
The resulting tire-out-of-balance condition at 310 mph literally shook the car apart! There is excellent video that shows the tread coming off, then the rear axle assembly is shaken out of the car, taking with it the wing, parachutes, and brakes. The engine is shaken loose from the car, and the "back-half", we call it, of the chassis which goes from my shoulders on to the rear of the car, leaves the scene.

Then the "front half" of the chassis, from my foot-box forward, folds around to the left. The front wheels, with the nose of the car, came all the way around to my left and tucked in more or less behind me, where the engine had been.

All this without hitting anything, just the catastrophic harmonic vibration of the tire going so out of balance as the tread came off!

Then we slid from the left lane all the way across the right lane and hit the wall within a few feet of where a young lady in a blown alcohol dragster had tragically hit the night before, and died of her injuries.:(

Upon the impact with the wall, the front half of the car with the nose and front wheels, went over the wall, and hit the big Budweiser inflatable, which collapsed and gradually settled down over the front of my car.

My roll cage with me in it, and the engine which was still connected with some control cables and fuel hoses, ricocheted off the wall and continued on down the track, leaving a fireball at the wall where we hit.
At this point, sliding along upside down at what was probably 150mph or so, I opened my eyes and saw a huge shower of bright orange sparks that started about six inches from my eyes and extended way down the track toward the starting line. And I thought, I'm STILL going fast enough to get hurt!!:eek:

This went on for what seemed like a long time, and just when I thought this deal HAS to be about over-- suddenly we went violently over AGAIN, this time because we hit the sand trap at the very end of the track, about 5/8 of a mile from where we started crashing!!

There were some internal engine parts that were reusable, but the only part of the car that could be used again was my little windshield, with the "Racers For Christ" decal on it!!:blueangel:

KeithKman 08-27-2007 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by FourFather (Post 1561674817)
The Sonoma crash was caused by tire failure. The tread layer separated from the tire carcass. The tread layer "unrolled" off of the body of the tire, like a reverse of the building of the tire, where they wrap the tread layer around the body of the tire, and then bond it to the tire carcass. It came unstuck.

On that run,we ran a 4.674 second elapsed time at 310.88 mph, which was Top Speed and Low Elapsed Time of the event and the Track Speed Record, and the tread layer rolled off right at the finish line.
The resulting tire-out-of-balance condition at 310 mph literally shook the car apart! There is excellent video that shows the tread coming off, then the rear axle assembly is shaken out of the car, taking with it the wing, parachutes, and brakes. The engine is shaken loose from the car, and the "back-half", we call it, of the chassis which goes from my shoulders on to the rear of the car, leaves the scene.

Then the "front half" of the chassis, from my foot-box forward, folds around to the left. The front wheels, with the nose of the car, came all the way around to my left and tucked in more or less behind me, where the engine had been.

All this without hitting anything, just the catastrophic harmonic vibration of the tire going so out of balance as the tread came off!

Then we slid from the left lane all the way across the right lane and hit the wall within a few feet of where a young lady in a blown alcohol dragster had tragically hit the night before, and died of her injuries.:(

Upon the impact with the wall, the front half of the car with the nose and front wheels, went over the wall, and hit the big Budweiser inflatable, which collapsed and gradually settled down over the front of my car.

My roll cage with me in it, and the engine which was still connected with some control cables and fuel hoses, ricocheted off the wall and continued on down the track, leaving a fireball at the wall where we hit.
At this point, sliding along upside down at what was probably 150mph or so, I opened my eyes and saw a huge shower of bright orange sparks that started about six inches from my eyes and extended way down the track toward the starting line. And I thought, I'm STILL going fast enough to get hurt!!:eek:

This went on for what seemed like a long time, and just when I thought this deal HAS to be about over-- suddenly we went violently over AGAIN, this time because we hit the sand trap at the very end of the track, about 5/8 of a mile from where we started crashing!!

There were some internal engine parts that were reusable, but the only part of the car that could be used again was my little windshield, with the "Racers For Christ" decal on it!!:blueangel:

Wow. I could not imagine. Thats for the details.

asmokegars 08-27-2007 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by FourFather (Post 1561674817)

:eek: :eek: :eek: Wow now that is a crash!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing Mr. Hill. :thumbs:

FourFather 08-28-2007 10:35 AM

Quote; Wow now that is a crash!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing Mr. Hill.

Yes, it was!!:eek: :eek: :crazy: :(

But no matter how many times I crashed, I never did really enjoy them all that much!!:lol:

gilly6993 08-28-2007 11:12 AM

Damn that was something....

FourFather 08-29-2007 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by gilly6993 (Post 1561688795)
Damn that was something....

From where I was, it looked even worse!!:eek: :eek:

FourFather 08-31-2007 12:35 PM

Would you look good in here?

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...rtibleJu-9.jpg

I'd be willing to consider a two-place airplane trade--I like Van's RV series.:yesnod:

FourFather 09-01-2007 01:30 PM

Sweetie P Hill's------

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...tieMugShot.jpg

Mug Shot!!:lol:

Eddie :flag:

kapayakapaya 09-01-2007 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by asmokegars (Post 1561674997)
:eek: :eek: :eek: Wow now that is a crash!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing Mr. Hill. :thumbs:

:lolg: :lolg: I love that you tripped the staging lights with your feet :rofl:

Your RT could use a little work though :leaving:

AtiLLa 09-02-2007 11:50 PM

:cool: Hey Eddie,

I just stumbled across your thread while watching the Nascar Cup race tonight. :thumbs: Thought I'd chime in and give you a bump. For those who don't know, I was the one who bought Eddie's 2001 C5 a little over a year ago. :yesnod: Its a beautiful car and was in perfect condition when I got it. The torch red/torch red color combination is amazing. It now has almost 12,000 miles on it and the only thing i have done to it was replace the battery and put a new set of rear tires on after running over something that put a gash in the right rear. This was my first corvette and I couldn't have bought a nicer car. I truely love it. :auto:

I was also one of the "dumb" ones who actually didn't know who Eddie was until I talked to him and checked him out on the internet. :leaving: I was always a Nascar guy, not NHRA. But after spending many hours on the phone with Eddie working out a deal that was mutually satisfying to both of us, I found Eddie to be a very honorable man. :cheers: I think he would have rather cut his shifting arm off than for me to think he was trying to cheat me in any way. I was told by several people that I was an idiot for trying to buy a vette that I found on the internet from some guy in Texas without actually going to see it and drive it first. But I purchased the car from Eddie and never saw it (except for pictures) until it arrived on the trailer and the car was just as nice as he claimed. In fact, if I didn't love the C5 so much, I would have traded up to his C6 and he would not have even started this thread.:cool:

So, I just want to thank you again Eddie for allowing me to give your "old" C5 a good home and I look forward to many more years of enjoying it. :steering: I know that whoever gets your C6 will be getting a brand new car in mint condition with a thick layer of wax on it, not one spec of dirt on the inside, and a trunk full of signed Eddie Hill memorabilia.:D

Atilla...:cool:

PS.... are you going to let me take the GT for a spin if I every make it out your way...???:D

TA8088 09-03-2007 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by titletaker (Post 1561074182)
Sorry to sound stupid, but who is Eddie Hill? I am assuming a drag racer.
Nice looking vert.

:toetap: Yeah you could assume that. Good luck with the sale Eddie :thumbs: Beautiful vert.

FourFather 09-03-2007 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by kapayakapaya (Post 1561752136)
:lolg: :lolg: I love that you tripped the staging lights with your feet :rofl:

Your RT could use a little work though :leaving:

That was fun, and the fans loved it!

I was also trying to make a point. I was there and wanted to race, and I had a brand new car there with me that I believe was capable of winning, (my engine combo had just set the track record and I was #1 qualifier), my sponsors wanted me to race, the fans wanted to see me race, and the guy I was scheduled to run against certainly had not "earned" a bye run (free pass into the second round) with his #16 qualifying spot. But there was an archaic rule on the NHRA books that would not allow a racer to put his spare car in the program, no matter how well he was qualified, if the spare car had not made a qualifying run.:(

So I outlined all that in a letter to NHRA, and petitioned them to change the rule, to allow a qualified racer to put his spare car into the program in the event of irreparable damage to the primary car.

And they did.:yesnod:

They call it the "Eddie Hill rule".:thumbs: :cheers:

(And my R/T is a bit better when I don't have three freshly-broken toes--- I was trying not to limp):rolleyes: :lol:

FourFather 09-04-2007 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by AtiLLa (Post 1561763565)
:cool: Hey Eddie,

I just stumbled across your thread while watching the Nascar Cup race tonight. :thumbs: Thought I'd chime in and give you a bump. For those who don't know, I was the one who bought Eddie's 2001 C5 a little over a year ago. :yesnod: Its a beautiful car and was in perfect condition when I got it. The torch red/torch red color combination is amazing. It now has almost 12,000 miles on it and the only thing i have done to it was replace the battery and put a new set of rear tires on after running over something that put a gash in the right rear. This was my first corvette and I couldn't have bought a nicer car. I truely love it. :auto:

I was also one of the "dumb" ones who actually didn't know who Eddie was until I talked to him and checked him out on the internet. :leaving: I was always a Nascar guy, not NHRA. But after spending many hours on the phone with Eddie working out a deal that was mutually satisfying to both of us, I found Eddie to be a very honorable man. :cheers: I think he would have rather cut his shifting arm off than for me to think he was trying to cheat me in any way. I was told by several people that I was an idiot for trying to buy a vette that I found on the internet from some guy in Texas without actually going to see it and drive it first. But I purchased the car from Eddie and never saw it (except for pictures) until it arrived on the trailer and the car was just as nice as he claimed. In fact, if I didn't love the C5 so much, I would have traded up to his C6 and he would not have even started this thread.:cool:

So, I just want to thank you again Eddie for allowing me to give your "old" C5 a good home and I look forward to many more years of enjoying it. :steering: I know that whoever gets your C6 will be getting a brand new car in mint condition with a thick layer of wax on it, not one spec of dirt on the inside, and a trunk full of signed Eddie Hill memorabilia.:D

Atilla...:cool:

PS.... are you going to let me take the GT for a spin if I every make it out your way...???:D

Hey, Atilla!:)

What a cool testimonial!:thumbs: :cool:

I had thought about maybe asking you to relate your buying experience with me, and here you've done it without me even asking! How cool is that?:)

Thanks a bunch for the recommendation! And yes, we'll go for rides in the GT, Atom, and Ultima , if you're ever through here!

If you should decide to go ahead now on moving to a C-6, I have just now marked mine down to $51,895 (more than $10,000 off sticker), and I could wait for awhile to see if you could retail yours--if something like that would appeal to you. Your credit is perfect with us!!:cheers:

And if you want to continue loving my/your C-5, I can certainly understand that-- it's a wonderful and exceptionally pretty car. I'll bet you've never seen another Red/Red, have you?

Anyway, thanks again, and ENJOY!:thumbs:

AtiLLa 09-04-2007 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by FourFather (Post 1561781160)
Hey, Atilla!:)

What a cool testimonial!:thumbs: :cool:

I had thought about maybe asking you to relate your buying experience with me, and here you've done it without me even asking! How cool is that?:)

Thanks a bunch for the recommendation! And yes, we'll go for rides in the GT, Atom, and Ultima , if you're ever through here!

If you should decide to go ahead now on moving to a C-6, I have just now marked mine down to $51,895 (more than $10,000 off sticker), and I could wait for awhile to see if you could retail yours--if something like that would appeal to you. Your credit is perfect with us!!:cheers:

And if you want to continue loving my/your C-5, I can certainly understand that-- it's a wonderful and exceptionally pretty car. I'll bet you've never seen another Red/Red, have you?

Anyway, thanks again, and ENJOY!:thumbs:

Eddie,

As tempting as it is, I still like the C5 way too much to give it up any time soon. But I really appreciate the offer.:cheers: And no, I havent seen another C5 with the torch red / torch red combo. I did come across some guy on the internet that had one, but i've never seen one in person other than ours/mine. http://www.corvetteforum.net/c5/jjurban/index.shtml

Good luck with the sale and if you come across anybody that would like to talk to me personally for any reason, just pass along my numbers to them.:thumbs:

Next time I'm anywhere close to Texas, I'll definitely stop by for a ride. If you happen to be out of town, just leave all 3 sets of keys with Sabrina and I'll turn them back in when I'm through.:D

atilla...:cool:

FourFather 09-05-2007 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by AtiLLa (Post 1561782518)
Eddie,

As tempting as it is, I still like the C5 way too much to give it up any time soon. But I really appreciate the offer.:cheers: And no, I havent seen another C5 with the torch red / torch red combo. I did come across some guy on the internet that had one, but i've never seen one in person other than ours/mine. http://www.corvetteforum.net/c5/jjurban/index.shtml

Good luck with the sale and if you come across anybody that would like to talk to me personally for any reason, just pass along my numbers to them.:thumbs:

Next time I'm anywhere close to Texas, I'll definitely stop by for a ride. If you happen to be out of town, just leave all 3 sets of keys with Sabrina and I'll turn them back in when I'm through.:D

atilla...:cool:

Atilla's C-5 while it was still here, along with my C-6 convertible for sale

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...aragefromL.jpg

Atilla-

Thanks again, and if I get someone serious about buying my current one, that might want to talk to you about what my used ones are like, I may take you up on your offer to talk to them directly.:)

Enjoy!:cheers:

FourFather 09-06-2007 12:11 PM

Odometer-- taken yesterday-:)

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...Sept507006.jpg

FourFather 09-07-2007 11:35 AM

I love the way this looks--:yesnod:

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...Sept507008.jpg

Snowman 09-08-2007 11:24 PM

Eddie,

Snowman here.

Just came across your post tonight. A friend of mine is looking at getting a red red convertible and may be a relative of yours, he is also a Hill, decended from the Hills who settled Round Top, Bastrop etc. Lives in Houston area. I sent the thread to him and will follow up by phone tomorrow.

Best of luck on your sale.

Doug

FourFather 09-09-2007 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Snowman (Post 1561839335)
Eddie,

Snowman here.

Just came across your post tonight. A friend of mine is looking at getting a red red convertible and may be a relative of yours, he is also a Hill, decended from the Hills who settled Round Top, Bastrop etc. Lives in Houston area. I sent the thread to him and will follow up by phone tomorrow.

Best of luck on your sale.

Doug

Thanks, Doug!:)

I'll look forward to speaking with him!:yesnod:

Included, if you want it, is this holder I made for my Glock and extra clip--they both stay in place without moving, and there are no rub marks on the pistol or the car-- and I can access it and have it ready to use in less than two seconds, should one of the crazies make it necessary. I've never had any trouble at all, but there's so much meanness going on out there--I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it!!:(

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...Sept507010.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...Sept507011.jpg

If you remove the holder, you can't tell it was ever there.:)

FourFather 09-10-2007 12:55 PM

:flag:

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...pdownMay06.jpg

FourFather 09-11-2007 10:31 AM

Better license frame--:)

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...loseuprear.jpg

Eddie:)

FourFather 09-12-2007 11:31 AM

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...opdownMay0.jpg

FourFather 09-13-2007 01:10 PM

Have you ever seen another Red/Red convertible? Other than my own, I haven't.:)

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...romhiright.jpg

frankmp 09-13-2007 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by FourFather (Post 1561842438)

I did'nt know GM offered that option on the 06 Vert:)

Frank

FourFather 09-14-2007 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by frankmp (Post 1561899860)
I did'nt know GM offered that option on the 06 Vert:)

Frank

Now that you mention it, it does look kinda factory, doesn't it?:lol:

Thanks for the bump!:yesnod:

TrackNoob 09-14-2007 01:31 PM

C'mon, you cheapskate tire-kickers -- buy the man's car already, for Pete's sakes! :lol:

The entertainment value of having the inimitable Mr. Hill grace the forum and this thread in particular is worth a little extra boost to the sales price, and if you can get him to promise to come by and continue to entertain us with tales of his newest toys and exploits, that ought to be worth even a tiny bit more...

Seriously, darn glad to have seen all the pics and stories brought to this dialog. Good stuff.

:cheers:

Harrykaw 09-14-2007 06:36 PM

What a gorgeous car!:yesnod: Wish I could trade up from my 2000 Mag red vert, but by the time I sell it, this one will be long gone!!:( Oh well, such is life. TTT.:cheers: Maybe I'l just trade my 95 Concours for the new C14 Connie!!:eek: :eek:

FourFather 09-14-2007 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by TrackNoob (Post 1561914101)
C'mon, you cheapskate tire-kickers -- buy the man's car already, for Pete's sakes! :lol:

The entertainment value of having the inimitable Mr. Hill grace the forum and this thread in particular is worth a little extra boost to the sales price, and if you can get him to promise to come by and continue to entertain us with tales of his newest toys and exploits, that ought to be worth even a tiny bit more...

Seriously, darn glad to have seen all the pics and stories brought to this dialog. Good stuff.

:cheers:

Thanks, TrackNoob, for the kind thoughts and the bump!:thumbs: :cheers:

TrackNoob 09-15-2007 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by FourFather (Post 1561921675)
Thanks, TrackNoob, for the kind thoughts and the bump!:thumbs: :cheers:

:thumbs:

FourFather 09-16-2007 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Harrykaw (Post 1561917902)
What a gorgeous car!:yesnod: Wish I could trade up from my 2000 Mag red vert, but by the time I sell it, this one will be long gone!!:( Oh well, such is life. TTT.:cheers: Maybe I'l just trade my 95 Concours for the new C14 Connie!!:eek: :eek:

Thanks for the compliment!:thumbs:

If you want to trade for a newer Kawasaki, I bet we could make you happy-- except maybe for the distance between us--that's a hike! I opened my business, Eddie Hill's Fun Cycles, forty-one years ago, as a one man store. And we are now the oldest-established Honda and Kawasaki dealer in Texas. I raced a Kawasaki 3-cylinder two-stroke road racer at Daytona in the 70's--what a hoot!!:yesnod:

Thanks for the bump!:)

Harrykaw 09-17-2007 07:17 AM

according to mapquest, just 1128 miles.:yesnod: I-20 to dallas and then another 150 miles or so. It'd be a great two day ride there and back. Hmmmm.........:D

FourFather 09-17-2007 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Harrykaw (Post 1561943604)
according to mapquest, just 1128 miles.:yesnod: I-20 to dallas and then another 150 miles or so. It'd be a great two day ride there and back. Hmmmm.........:D

The riding weather is just about perfect this time of year!!:thumbs:

If you do come to try to trade with us, we can go for rides in the Ford GT, the Ultima/427 Chev, the Ariel Atom, and the Vette.:yesnod:

Whether we wind up trading or not.:)

I'm serious.

benz320 09-17-2007 09:03 PM

Hey Eddie,
If I hadn't bought my wife a new car this summer, I would LOVE to have gotten your vette. I thought GM could never outdo the C5, but the C6 is awesome. By the way, if you need someone along for a ride in any of your cool cars, I live here in wichita. I saw you driving your Atom this past saturday as I was coming in from wichita raceway park. I got the drag racing bug after my dad gave me a signed picture of you on one of the penzoil glossy pictures. Thanks to that, I am now a drag racing fanatic. I am finally taking my wife to Ennis for the first time this weekend. She is finally coming around.

FourFather 09-18-2007 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by benz320 (Post 1561953208)
Hey Eddie,
If I hadn't bought my wife a new car this summer, I would LOVE to have gotten your vette. I thought GM could never outdo the C5, but the C6 is awesome. By the way, if you need someone along for a ride in any of your cool cars, I live here in wichita. I saw you driving your Atom this past saturday as I was coming in from wichita raceway park. I got the drag racing bug after my dad gave me a signed picture of you on one of the penzoil glossy pictures. Thanks to that, I am now a drag racing fanatic. I am finally taking my wife to Ennis for the first time this weekend. She is finally coming around.

Thanks, benz320!:thumbs:

Be advised, from someone who knows--DRAG RACING CAN BE VERY ADDICTIVE!!!:lol: :cheers:

Next time you see me out in the Atom, get my attention, and I'll give you a ride, if you like!:yesnod:

Thanks for the story and the bump--Y'all have fun at Ennis!!:thumbs:

BTW- somebody told me that they have a big picture of me(Or maybe my car) on the back of one of the grandstands. We haven't been back to a race since my last top fuel ride in '99- I just don't think I could stand to be there without my dragster-- so I don't know if the pic is really there or not. But if it is, and you have a camera with you, how's about taking a pic of it for me for my scrapbook?:)

Thanks!:)

El Puto 09-18-2007 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by FourFather (Post 1561961587)

Be advised, from someone who knows--DRAG RACING CAN BE VERY ADDICTIVE!!!:lol: :cheers:

Next time you see me out in the Atom, get my attention, and I'll give you a ride, if you like!:yesnod:

BTW- somebody told me that they have a big picture of me(Or maybe my car) on the back of one of the grandstands. We haven't been back to a race since my last top fuel ride in '99- I just don't think I could stand to be there without my dragster-- so I don't know if the pic is really there or not. But if it is, and you have a camera with you, how's about taking a pic of it for me for my scrapbook?:)

that Glock holder is some cool $hit - I need to make one for my Sig

benz320 09-18-2007 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by FourFather (Post 1561961587)

I will sure look for it and I will definitely have my camera and will snap a pic of it. Last year when I was there I think I saw it, so I will keep my eye out for it (when my eyes stray from the track:thumbs: )
And I will take you up on that ride next time I see you out. It looked like a blast!!

Have a good one:cheers:

FourFather 09-19-2007 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by benz320 (Post 1561965242)
I will sure look for it and I will definitely have my camera and will snap a pic of it. Last year when I was there I think I saw it, so I will keep my eye out for it (when my eyes stray from the track:thumbs: )
And I will take you up on that ride next time I see you out. It looked like a blast!!

Have a good one:cheers:

OK, Thanks!!:thumbs:

The Atom really is a Hoot! And my offer of a ride is a serious one!:yesnod:

Enjoy Ennis!:thumbs:

joghotrod 09-19-2007 11:38 AM

Hi Again Eddie,

Is that the supercharged version of the Adam that you have? How much HP does it have?

Good luck on the sale of your Vette.

Jimmy

FourFather 09-20-2007 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by joghotrod (Post 1561974076)
Hi Again Eddie,

Is that the supercharged version of the Adam that you have? How much HP does it have?

Good luck on the sale of your Vette.

Jimmy

Jimmy-

The Atom is the supercharged 245HP version.:thumbs:

This one's for sale-:yesnod:
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...rlightspar.jpg

Thanks!!:thumbs:

Eddie:D

FourFather 09-21-2007 12:13 PM

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...ofiletopup.jpg

FourFather 09-22-2007 11:10 AM

Sexy car cover included:thumbs:

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...tibleJu-23.jpg

I might finance and deliver-- I did the last one.:)

If you'd like a new car set up exactly like this one, but don't want to have to order it and wait, private message me and see if we can't work out a deal. :yesnod:

If you're serious about wanting a car like this, but worried about condition or possible problems with a car you've never seen in person, I can put you in touch with the buyer of my last one to verify how I keep my cars. And I would welcome and encourage an inspection by anyone-- a senior Forum member, perhaps; the local Corvette club, the Chev. dealer, or whoever.:yesnod:

Thanks for looking!

3rd_Vette 09-23-2007 12:30 AM

This is tempting:cool:

TrackNoob 09-23-2007 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by 3rd_Vette (Post 1562022484)

I'd say.

I don't go in for 'collectables' of any sort myself, and I actually laughed at the dealer on Ebay claiming his 2005 was a 'rare collectible' because it was the first production LMB (even though hundreds of 'demos', 'dealer cars' etc were already out there being sold and driven).

That said, for the right interested party, to have Drag Legend Eddie Hill's documented Red Corvette, with photos of him and you, financed by him, delivered by him, (or perhaps you visited him and drove the Atom and scratched the dog behind the ears while you were out there), car cover, gun holder, provenance, care, low miles, etc, that has GOT to be worth a substantial premium for someone... c'mon -- ten thousand page views on this thread -- heck the thread itself is now 'history' that should go in your binder of docs for the car...

BUY THIS CAR!!!!

[Disclaimer: I am in no way associated with Eddy Hill, Eddy Hill Industries, Eddy Hill Entertainment, Eddy Hill Fun Cycles, Eddie Hill slightly-less-fun Cycles, etc. I just hate to see someone who would appreciate it not get this fine auto and cherish it.]

FourFather 09-23-2007 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by 3rd_Vette (Post 1562022484)

Excellent!!:thumbs: :cheers:

That's really sorta the whole point!!:lol:

My bad:o

FourFather 09-25-2007 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by TrackNoob (Post 1562024833)
I'd say.

I don't go in for 'collectables' of any sort myself, and I actually laughed at the dealer on Ebay claiming his 2005 was a 'rare collectible' because it was the first production LMB (even though hundreds of 'demos', 'dealer cars' etc were already out there being sold and driven).

That said, for the right interested party, to have Drag Legend Eddie Hill's documented Red Corvette, with photos of him and you, financed by him, delivered by him, (or perhaps you visited him and drove the Atom and scratched the dog behind the ears while you were out there), car cover, gun holder, provenance, care, low miles, etc, that has GOT to be worth a substantial premium for someone... c'mon -- ten thousand page views on this thread -- heck the thread itself is now 'history' that should go in your binder of docs for the car...

BUY THIS CAR!!!!

[Disclaimer: I am in no way associated with Eddy Hill, Eddy Hill Industries, Eddy Hill Entertainment, Eddy Hill Fun Cycles, Eddie Hill slightly-less-fun Cycles, etc. I just hate to see someone who would appreciate it not get this fine auto and cherish it.]

TrackNoob

Thanks for the sales pitch! :thumbs:

Good thing you put the disclaimer in, or folks would think you are on the payroll!!:lol:

If you ever need a job in Public Relations, give me a call!!:lol:

TrackNoob 09-26-2007 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by FourFather (Post 1562052073)
TrackNoob

Thanks for the sales pitch! :thumbs:

Good thing you put the discaimer in, or folks would think you are on the payroll!!:lol:

If you ever need a job in Public Relations, give me a call!!:lol:

he he he :lol:

Pizzano 09-27-2007 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by TrackNoob (Post 1562024833)
I'd say.

BUY THIS CAR!!!!

Hit it on the head:thumbs:

This happened when eddie sold his C5 last year.

Cmon folks , you wont even find a cleaner,well maintained, documented,C6 out there, especially sold by a class act, And to my Nevada neighbors , remember you dont have to pay sales tax on any private party vehicle sale, that saves you thousands right there -VS- going to a dealership.:thumbs:

Good luck Eddie:thumbs: :flag:

FourFather 09-28-2007 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Pizzano (Post 1562076582)
Hit it on the head:thumbs:

This happened when eddie sold his C5 last year.

Cmon folks , you wont even find a cleaner,well maintained, documented,C6 out there, especially sold by a class act, And to my Nevada neighbors , remember you dont have to pay sales tax on any private party vehicle sale, that saves you thousands right there -VS- going to a dealership.:thumbs:

Good luck Eddie:thumbs: :flag:

Thanks, Pizzano!:yesnod: :thumbs:

I appreciate the good will and the good words, guys!:cheers:

And along those lines, I can sell my Vette either from me personally, or through my Eddie Hill's Fun Cycles motorcycle dealership-- whichever works for the buyer, tax-wise. There's no tax difference to me, either way, and my daughter Sabrina does the title work at my dealership- so I'll trade her a ride in my Ford GT or something for doing the paperwork. So the price would be the same either way you want it.:)

Thanks again, all you that are helping!:yesnod:

If I can get it to work, I'll post a slideshow of pix I took this week in my driveway of my Ford GT and the morning glories that just appeared on their own-- we never planted any. We'd lived here for many years and there had never been flowers of any kind here. One day wife Ercie was thinking about morning glories, and not too long after-- they started growing! :eek: True story!!:blueangel:

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...reequart-2.jpg
Click on the pic for a slideshow--

TrackNoob 09-29-2007 09:32 PM

Gt looks very nice... is that a BUMP on the side... :lol:

FourFather 09-30-2007 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by TrackNoob (Post 1562108040)
Gt looks very nice... is that a BUMP on the side... :lol:

\

BUMP???:eek: :eek: ;)

:lol:

FourFather 10-01-2007 10:53 AM

Beckoning--

It seems to be saying--"GET IN HERE AND LET'S GO PLAY!!!! :yesnod: :thumbs:

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...pentopdown.jpg

Eddie :flag:

FourFather 10-02-2007 12:51 PM

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...litesondim.jpg

To Todd, Dave, and Bryan--I have read and responded to your PM's.:yesnod:

Thanks!:thumbs:

FourFather 10-02-2007 05:15 PM

To Dave. I have read and responded to your second PM today.:yesnod:

Thank you!:)

FourFather 10-03-2007 06:55 PM

How about a slideshow?

Click on the pic!:yesnod:

Thanks for looking!

benz320 10-03-2007 08:20 PM

Hey Eddie,
When I went to Ennis, there is a picture of you in your car making your 4.990 run. I lost the XD card for my camera, but it is there aon the west side grandstands. Sorry I didn't get the pic.

Jason

FourFather 10-04-2007 11:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by benz320 (Post 1562158878)
Hey Eddie,
When I went to Ennis, there is a picture of you in your car making your 4.990 run. I lost the XD card for my camera, but it is there aon the west side grandstands. Sorry I didn't get the pic.

Jason

Wow, that's cool! :cool: It's good to know we'll be remembered like that.:yesnod:

Thanks for letting me know!:)

My Vette Vert A6/F55 for sale--

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...arlightson.jpg

FourFather 10-05-2007 11:27 AM

This is one of the places that wear begins to show-- if there is any--

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...tibleJu-47.jpg

FourFather 10-06-2007 10:14 AM

I put together another slideshow this morning-

Click on the pic to see--

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...h_MVC-022S.jpg

Thanks for looking-:yesnod:

FourFather 10-06-2007 11:26 PM

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...tJuly07015.jpg

buddabing 10-07-2007 04:16 PM

wtt

eddie im a old coot too, and have followed you your whole racing life, well most of it!!!! ok ok to the money part i'll pay your $51895 .00 for yours if you buy mine for $30,000, i have $42000 in it and its not your mommas mustang, just looks like it. 2005 auto, vortech supercharged, making 419 rwhp at 9 psi, safe tone. its as parfect and clean as yours. if intrested 281-494-7248 ....... pics.http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/d...uddabing_2007/

FourFather 10-07-2007 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by buddabing (Post 1562205442)
eddie im a old coot too, and have followed you your whole racing life, well most of it!!!! ok ok to the money part i'll pay your $51895 .00 for yours if you buy mine for $30,000, i have $42000 in it and its not your mommas mustang, just looks like it. 2005 auto, vortech supercharged, making 419 rwhp at 9 psi, safe tone. its as parfect and clean as yours. if intrested 281-494-7248 ....... pics.http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/d...uddabing_2007/

Hey buddabing-That is one fine-looking Mustang! Love those colors!

I haven't had a red Mustang since my '69 428 Cobra Jet with the shaker hood scoop!

With all the other toys I've been blessed with lately, I'm not really a very good prospect for your Mustang myself, but I've got a really good friend that's crazy about 'em-- 'specially with a blower, and that nice--I'll pitch it to him and see if we can get something going.:yesnod:

If it's something he'd like to discuss, we'll get back to you.:)

Thanks for the offer!:yesnod:

buddabing 10-07-2007 10:47 PM

thank you!!!!! i feel like i just met a movie star!!!!:yesnod:

3rd_Vette 10-08-2007 04:25 AM

Here is a bump for ya Eddie..:thumbs:

Im still looking at this:eek: :cool:

RED99 10-08-2007 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by FourFather (Post 1561651112)
Whoever buys my Vette is welcome to go for rides in the other three cars, if you like, and if you happen to be a race fan, you'll get a generous supply of autographed and personalized racing memorabilia if you want.:yesnod:

Thanks for looking.:)

Would one of these 3 cars be the real long one? :D If so, then I am selling everthing I have today. :lol: You have always been my favorite in drag racing, and T/F is my favorite class of them all. If I had the money, I would buy this in a heart beat. Here is a bump for you Eddie Hill, the King of Top Fuel. :flag:

FourFather 10-08-2007 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by buddabing (Post 1562210435)
thank you!!!!! i feel like i just met a movie star!!!!:yesnod:

Thank you!!:) You make me feel special!:yesnod: :o

FourFather 10-09-2007 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by 3rd_Vette (Post 1562212344)
Here is a bump for ya Eddie..:thumbs:

Im still looking at this:eek: :cool:

Thank you, sir!:yesnod:

Look all you like--I still enjoy looking at it myself!!:thumbs: :cheers:

USAZR1 10-09-2007 01:08 PM

Wish I could afford your roadster,Ed,but I'm not quite ready to buy,just yet. Here's another bump for you,though.:cheers:
All the best to you and Ercie!

My fiance and I saw you out cruising around in your new Ultima the other day. That thing looks tougher than your old Lola! Mike H. told me your new Atom was an E-ticket ride,too. So many toys,,so little time. :cool: :thumbs:

FourFather 10-09-2007 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by RED99 (Post 1562212795)
Would one of these 3 cars be the real long one? :D If so, then I am selling everthing I have today. :lol: You have always been my favorite in drag racing, and T/F is my favorite class of them all. If I had the money, I would buy this in a heart beat. Here is a bump for you Eddie Hill, the King of Top Fuel. :flag:

Actually--- I wasn't really thinking about giving rides in the really long one------:rolleyes:

The fuel mileage is atrocious---:ack:

You'd have to hold on really, really tight--(no passenger seat)----:eek:

There's not enough groove laid down anywhere around here to let the tires get a bite---:(

The transportation bill to get the Safety Safari here would be---high!--:smash:

Nobody here sells 98% Nitro--- and it wouldn't really be happy with much less----:(

Maybe we better go to Plan B---:lol:

But seriously, Thanks!!:D

FourFather 10-10-2007 10:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by USAZR1 (Post 1562230622)
Wish I could afford your roadster,Ed,but I'm not quite ready to buy,just yet. Here's another bump for you,though.:cheers:
All the best to you and Ercie!

My fiance and I saw you out cruising around in your new Ultima the other day. That thing looks tougher than your old Lola! Mike H. told me your new Atom was an E-ticket ride,too. So many toys,,so little time. :cool: :thumbs:

Thanks, Clint, for the bump and the well wishes!:yesnod:

I think the Ultima

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...aleftprofi.jpg
click on the pic for a slideshow--

is going to be more fun for me than the Lola--click on the pic below-

The Ultima (about 2100 pounds) is a little heavier than the Lola(2000), but the Ultima has more cubes (427 vs. 365), a lot more rubber on the ground, much better brakes, electrically controlled shocks like my Vette(but infinitely adjustable) and a much quicker-shifting transaxle. :thumbs: The steel tube Ultima chassis feels stiffer (seems to handle better) than the .040" aluminum Lola monocoque.:yesnod:

Plus the Ultima's all brand new and has more modern stuff. The wheel/tire sizes on the Lola were the latest thing 34 years ago, but there's no really good rubber available for it now.:ack: The Ultima's got Hoosier DOT slicks all around---P335/30ZR18 on the rear!:cheers:

And the Lola had become so valuable that I couldn't really enjoy driving it anymore--for fear of hurting it somehow.:eek:

I'll always miss the Lola, and I still think it is the most beautiful car ever built--I'll be eternally grateful for the time we had together:blueangel: -- but for me, now, the trade was the right thing to do.:yesnod:

Thanks again,

T VETTE 10-10-2007 01:09 PM

The NHRA Hot Rod reunion is this weekend in Bakersfield. Have you ever gone? Would love to see you there. Always a huge turn out and great weather. Hope the car sells soon.
TTT for the FourFather.:cool:

FourFather 10-10-2007 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by buddabing (Post 1562205442)

Hey, buddabing- My mustang-lovin' freind and I just got back from the lake- playing with my 542 inch V-drive, and I pitched your mustang to him. He's not in the market now--just bought a new GT 500-- 15 thou over sticker:eek: :eek:

But I tried--:)

Good luck!:yesnod:

Eddie :D

FourFather 10-11-2007 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by T VETTE (Post 1562245490)
The NHRA Hot Rod reunion is this weekend in Bakersfield. Have you ever gone? Would love to see you there. Always a huge turn out and great weather. Hope the car sells soon.
TTT for the FourFather.:cool:

T VETTE-

I never have gone to that, but I'll bet it's a lot of fun!:cool:

We just traveled too far, for too long, to want to travel anymore-- :(

Enjoy the reunion, and thanks for the bump!:yesnod:

FourFather 10-12-2007 11:05 PM

This is one of those things that go BUMP! in the night!:rolleyes:

The post, not the car--;)

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...tibleJu-42.jpg

TrackNoob 10-13-2007 11:01 AM

BUMP starting a Corvette-powered car...
http://www.tamsoldracecarsite.net/RE...feePushPom.JPG

FourFather 10-14-2007 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by TrackNoob (Post 1562286681)
BUMP starting a Corvette-powered car...
http://www.tamsoldracecarsite.net/RE...feePushPom.JPG

Looks like a --?Devin??

But, this is the one I'm offering for sale-

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...iletopdown.jpg

FourFather 10-15-2007 01:05 AM

:eek: Bump!:eek:

FourFather 10-16-2007 12:28 AM

Needs nothing but a good home:yesnod:

FourFather 10-16-2007 06:39 PM

Hey, Guys and Gals-- I'm going to be at Hallett Motor Racing Circuit, 35 miles west of Tulsa, Oklahoma, for--- --ATOMFEST!!:cheers: (Atomfest.net), if anyone cares to look.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...omlowinfro.jpg
Click on the pic for a slideshow:yesnod:

I'm leaving tomorrow and plan to be back Sunday, so if I'm not here to keep my ad toward the top or to answer inquiries, it's not 'cause I've lost interest--- just off playing with my Atom, with a bunch of like-minded Atomizers!!:thumbs:

See y'all again in a few days!;)

deejaydu 10-19-2007 12:04 AM

Here's a bump for you Eddie to keep you at the top. I hope you are having fun on your trip. Tell us all about it when you get back. Somebody should buy this beautiful Red Corvette. Jay

vette dan 10-19-2007 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by titletaker (Post 1561074182)
Sorry to sound stupid, but who is Eddie Hill? I am assuming a drag racer.
Nice looking vert.

You can't be serious!

FourFather 10-21-2007 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by deejaydu (Post 1562372606)
Here's a bump for you Eddie to keep you at the top. I hope you are having fun on your trip. Tell us all about it when you get back. Somebody should buy this beautiful Red Corvette. Jay

Hey, deejaydu-

Thanks for the bump!:yesnod:

The AtomFest was a real Hootnanny!!:thumbs: I had so much fun at Hallett with my Atom, it makes me want to keep my Vette and take it up there to see how it might feel!

Had no idea how much fun it would be turning right and left!:)

Bought a Traqmate GPS data acquisition system while I was there. It measures gee --accelerating, braking, and right and left cornering. And lap times, and speed at any point on the track.

I must have misunderstood somehow, but my friend who was helping me and learning the computer while I was lapping-- told me I reached TWO gee cornering, at one point. That can't be right:rolleyes: Sounds way high to me-- but I sure don't know much about it yet:o When I'm able to get him over here to show me how to access the data we got, we'll see what's really happening.

This system plugs in to a cigarette lighter port and will transfer easily into any vehicle. It'll be fun to see how different cars compare. My next-door neighbor has a new Z06 and I bet we put it in his car sometime to see.

Should be a fun toy!:cheers:

More later--

Thanks!

TrackNoob 10-22-2007 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by FourFather (Post 1562407849)

I must have misunderstood somehow, but my friend who was helping me and learning the computer while I was lapping-- told me I reached TWO gee cornering, at one point. That can't be right:rolleyes: Sounds way high to me-- but I sure don't know much about it yet:o When I'm able to get him over here to show me how to access the data we got, we'll see what's really happening.

Most are saying 1.3 G's max, but ya mighta hit 2.0, Eddie! You are a madman! In any event, I'll bet it is a blast!

FourFather 10-22-2007 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by TrackNoob (Post 1562408043)
Most are saying 1.3 G's max, but ya mighta hit 2.0, Eddie! You are a madman! In any event, I'll bet it is a blast!

Hey, TrackNoob-- I really WAS a tracknoob at Hallett--are you, really?:bigears

Even I.3 sounds high to me, but I've never really looked at cornering gee before. Had no idea how much fun it is!!:thumbs:

I want to go back! My buddy/pit crew/computer-learner, has a new Ford GT 500 Mustang, and he says he's GOING back to Hallett in a couple weeks. He rode the right seat in my Atom for several sessions, and really enjoyed it! Wants me to take the Atom, or my Vette, or something-- and I'm inclined to do it!!:yesnod:

This may be somebody's last chance at my Vette as a garage queen-- soon it may be a track car:lol:

FourFather 10-24-2007 10:43 AM

A short commercial break--:toetap:

I have this car for sale--:yesnod:

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...reequarter.jpg

:bigears

leftlane1 10-24-2007 03:28 PM

This thread might set the record for most bumps, views, and replies - all with no updated info on the car. Any price reductions?

vette dan 10-24-2007 03:33 PM

Hallett is a blast in the Vette. Go to youtube and do search on hallet and c5 and you should find my video I posted of laps at Hallett.

Have watched you for years in Drags and even saw you and wife once a number of years ago, making a mad dash thru DFW.

Take the vette to Hallett. Us old farts can still have fun.

Take care Eddie "the thrill" Hill

Danny Jones
OKC,OK

FourFather 10-24-2007 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by leftlane1 (Post 1562446008)
This thread might set the record for most bumps, views, and replies - all with no updated info on the car. Any price reductions?

Actually, the last ad I ran, for my C-5 coupe, ran quite a bit longer than this one has, so far!:yesnod:

But the buyer finally found a car (mine) with no issues, problems, or disappointments,(like he found with the others he had looked at) and mine was the right color with the right equipment--and I personally financed it for him and set the payments at the price he wanted, and I arranged for safe delivery to him.

And he is giving my car a loving home, and has always been on time or early with his payments--I'd finance another for him in a heartbeat.

So, although it took a while, the right car and seller and buyer got together ultimately with a transaction that both are happy with!:thumbs: :cheers:

"Updated info"--I have driven the car to church once(50 mile round trip) since the last mileage I quoted. I just now uncovered the car and looked at the mileage and it is now 3617 miles on today's date 10/24/07. I can't think of anything else that has changed, but if there's anything else you'd like to know, I'll be happy to answer if I can.:yesnod:

Price reduction? Yes, there was one, and the price in the ad now, $51,895.00, is my current asking price.

Thanks for looking and the reminder to keep the info current!:o

leftlane1 10-24-2007 09:55 PM

Thanks - I wasn't being a smart a**, I'm just gently trying to nudge you down into my price range. ;) I was in Wichita Falls a few weeks back and I had to resist the temptation to give you a call, because I would have had to figure out how to get 2 cars back to Dallas!

FourFather 10-25-2007 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by djones14 (Post 1562446089)
Hallett is a blast in the Vette. Go to youtube and do search on hallet and c5 and you should find my video I posted of laps at Hallett.

Have watched you for years in Drags and even saw you and wife once a number of years ago, making a mad dash thru DFW.

Take the vette to Hallett. Us old farts can still have fun.

Take care Eddie "the thrill" Hill

Danny Jones
OKC,OK

Danny-

I'll bet it would be fun in the vette-- if I could relax and not worry about hurting the car in some way:rolleyes: For some reason, I don't worry at all about hurting the Atom, and it costs more than the Vette-- but the Atom doesn't have all that beautiful bodywork. And I've always been so picky about keeping my Vettes new-looking. I'm afraid I'd put a rock chip or something in that pretty Red paint:eek:

I'll look up your video- Does it give any lap times?

I started off at 1:31 or so and finally got a best of 1:27.3, if I remember correctly what my computer-learning friend told me. I have all the data from the weekend but haven't installed the program yet- nor do I know how to run it yet. I'm giving my buddy a few days to catch up on his life after taking three days to help me, then we'll find out lotsa interesting data.

It would really be interesting to see how the active handling and traction control would work on the track, and whether I could do better without it:rolleyes:

The paddle shift would be wonderful, I think-- no shutting the power off to shift, and no missed shifts!:yesnod:

Thanks!

FourFather 10-26-2007 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by leftlane1 (Post 1562451980)
Thanks - I wasn't being a smart a**, I'm just gently trying to nudge you down into my price range. ;) I was in Wichita Falls a few weeks back and I had to resist the temptation to give you a call, because I would have had to figure out how to get 2 cars back to Dallas!

If you would like to gently PM me your price range, I'd be happy to listen.:bigears I'd be glad to personally deliver the car to Dallas- no problem.:yesnod:

FourFather 10-27-2007 01:36 AM

Picked up a new toy last weekend--:thumbs: :cheers:

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...m/DSCF0846.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...m/DSCF0858.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...m/DSCF0862.jpg

:D :cool:

I'm excited!! Haven't had one of these for years, and have really missed having a really quick playboat!:yesnod:

TrackNoob 10-28-2007 08:12 AM

I'll bet a hot boat motor like that has a heck of a BUMP stick....

(Hey, seriously, be careful out there. I used to think I was a bit of a devil-may-care type of guy, but flat bottom boats always give me the willies.)

claysmoker 10-28-2007 02:36 PM

A bump to the top for you:thumbs:

The guys told me you were out at the toy airplane races last weekend, glad you could make it. They were thrilled by your visit, but next time you need to fly. I'll bring the hardware!

Dave

FourFather 10-29-2007 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by TrackNoob (Post 1562495074)
I'll bet a hot boat motor like that has a heck of a BUMP stick....

(Hey, seriously, be careful out there. I used to think I was a bit of a devil-may-care type of guy, but flat bottom boats always give me the willies.)

How perceptive of you!! It does, in fact, have a BUMP-aLUMP-aLUMP cam--ya'oughta hear it idle!!:cool: :cheers:

And, seriously, a flatbottom can be--no, ALWAYS WILL be, meaner to you than a hydro, but I know that going in. I have already had one like this before, so it's not gonna be all new and surprising.

Actually, working that down-and-then-up pedal does take a certain amount of finesse, and the challenge is part of the fun! Too much down-pedal for too long scrubs too much acceleration off. Get off the down-pedal too quick and the boat loses its set and tries to dart to hell with you! Get on the up-pedal too hard and it can blowover and ruin your whole day!

But get it all just right--and there are few things in life that will ever be sweeter!!:thumbs: :yesnod:

I can hardly wait!!:willy:

Thanks!