CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvettes for Sale (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvettes-for-sale-98/)
-   -   FourFather Eddie Hill's Corvette convertible F/S (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvettes-for-sale/1754945-fourfather-eddie-hill-s-corvette-convertible-f-s.html)

FourFather 07-11-2007 01:36 PM

FourFather Eddie Hill's Corvette convertible F/S

CAR IS SOLD--Sincere thanks to all of you that participated, and kept bumping my ad to the top, and for all your kind comments. There are a lot of special people here on the Forum, and Ercie and I appreciate you!

:flag: NEW PRICE as of 9-04-07--$51,895. Mileage now 3569.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...rlightspar.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...pentopdown.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...llfromleft.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...pdownMay06.jpg

FOR SALE – My (Eddie Hill’s) personal Corvette Convertible. I found this one with just exactly the equipment and colors I wanted. It was one of only two existing and for sale new at that time in the configuration I wanted.

I bought it brand new, and I have been the only driver. It has never been on any kind of race track, never even a burnout, never taken out in the rain, (got caught out in an unexpected shower coming home from church recently). It has never been parked outside overnight, never smoked or eaten in, and it lives in a temperature–controlled garage, usually under a red satin-stretch (very sexy) cover, which is included with the car.

The car is VICTORY RED with COBALT RED leather trim interior.

LS2 6.0 liter 400 HP sequential fuel injection V-8 engine with aluminum block and heads.

Six-speed paddle shift automatic transmission.

Active Handling and Traction Control System, driver programmable, 4-wheel independent suspension.

Power front and rear disc brakes.
Power speed-sensitive rack and pinion steering. Limited slip differential.

Almost all of the original tread depth remaining on the factory–equipped “Run-Flat” tires, with tire pressure readout on the dash for all four tires.

Oil life (% remaining) readout on the dash.
Driver and passenger frontal and side impact airbags.
Active remote keyless entry system with push-button start.
Theft deterrent system with horn alarm.
Power 4-wheel anti-lock disc brakes.
Power and heated outside mirrors.

Power convertible top with heated rear window glass.
HID Xenon headlamps. Fog and daytime running lamps.

Automatic seat retract for easy exit and entry, and auto return, programmable, for two drivers.

AM/FM stereo CD with RDS and MP3.
Dual zone electronic A/C.
Carpeted floor mats. Driver information center. Cruise control with resume. Intermittent wiper system.
Leather seating surfaces. Six-way power sport seats. Leather wrapped steering wheel, power telescoping, with tilt.
Power door locks and windows. Electric rear window defogger.
Electric trunk and fuel door release.

Preferred equipment Group ; which includes:
Head-up display with maximum cornering G recall -- I have seen .99 G’s.

Universal home remote
Memory package
Auto-dimming inside rear view mirror with compass and driver outside rear view mirror
Electrically heated driver and passenger seats
RDS AM/FM stereo w/6-disc in dash CD w/MP3 playback, Bose Premium 7-speaker system. XM Satellite radio

Power telescoping and manual tilt wheel

A great feature is the driver-adjustable magnetic selective ride control, which lets you switch from a comfortable soft ride to firmer, more competition-oriented handling, just by turning a control knob.

Beautifully polished aluminum wheels

OnStar

And I’ve probably spent as much time washing, waxing, and detailing the car, as I have driving it.

The car is a 2006 model, and had only 3569 miles on 9-04-07 – definitely not a daily driver. I check the radar before taking it out, and take another vehicle if the weather isn’t nice. Wife Ercie and I take the Corvette out in the country to our little Cowboy Church on nice Sundays, and an occasional tour to the Wichita Mountains or around Arrowhead Lake. It is a beautiful, wonderful car, and the only reason I’m selling it is because I just traded my Lola T-70 Coupe for a new Ford GT and a new Ultima Can-Am/427 Chevrolet, and a new Ariel Atom. There are absolutely NO problems or issues with the Vette, and I love it dearly, best one ever, out of eleven I’ve had -- but FOUR is too many high-performance pretty-day cars!

The original window sticker shows that the new price of the car was $62,515, and I am offering it now for $51,895. On 9-04-07, as I type this, the Kelly Blue Book suggested retail value on a Vette with this equipment is $52,120 for one with 9,990 miles on it. So at my price of $51,895, you would be paying LESS than what retail is for a car with ALMOST THREE TIMES as many miles as mine has! The Kelly Blue Book says typical mileage for this vehicle is 25,000 miles, over SIX TIMES what mine has! It really is hard to believe how nice this car is until you see it.

There are a lot of nice pictures of the car on the website www.Photobucket.com , type FourFather in the search box, enter, and then click on slideshow.

If you happen to be a race fan, this is the Vette I owned (and, of course, still do) when I was inducted into the Texas Motorsports Hall Of Fame earlier this year.

I’ll be happy to show you the car at a mutually agreeable time. To arrange a time to see the car, call my business, Eddie Hill’s Fun Cycles in Wichita Falls, Texas, (940) 322-4121, and ask for my partner, Trey Sralla, or my daughter, Sabrina Hill. I am basically retired now, and not at the dealership very often, but Trey or Sabrina can always reach me.

We will be happy to help with financing. The last one we sold, we owner-financed it, set the payments the way the buyer wanted, and arranged safe delivery to the buyer.

We’d love to take a motorcycle in trade. Check out our business website -- www.eddiehillsfuncycles.com -- 41 years in the same location. We’re the oldest established dealer in Texas for Honda and Kawasaki, and we also sell Yamaha, Polaris, and Vicious Custom Choppers.:thumbs:

Thanks for looking!:cheers:

Eddie Hill:D

FourFather 07-12-2007 10:04 AM

Additional pictures

:flag:

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...tibleJu-25.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...tibleJu-18.jpg

Thanks for looking!:cheers:

Eddie:flag:

bradb 07-12-2007 10:19 AM

Eddie, the thought of you in an Ariel Atom is too good! Good luck selling your Vert. We'll miss you on the Corvette Forum.

best regards to Ercie and you!

FourFather 07-12-2007 11:58 AM

bradb--

Thanks!

The Ariel Atom is a real HOOT!:thumbs:

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...rdGTinshop.jpg

And Ercie just LOVES the Ford GT-- (as do I):cool:

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...evelinshop.jpg

Eddie :flag:

bradb 07-12-2007 12:49 PM

Eddie, you REALLY know how to pick your toys!

:cheers: to you and Ercie.

BTW, do y'all still have that little dog I used to see at the track?

FourFather 07-12-2007 03:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
bradb-

No, sadly, Hot Dog just passed away, after being with us 16 years and 9 months:(

But look at the newest member of the Hill family--Sweetie P Hill--:thumbs: :cool: :cheers:

Eddie:D

bradb 07-12-2007 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by FourFather (Post 1561046544)
bradb-

No, sadly, Hot Dog just passed away, after being with us 16 years and 9 months:(

But look at the newest member of the Hill family--Sweetie P Hill--

Hot Dog! That's right. What a cool little dog... well, rest in peace.
:blueangel:

Sweetie P look like another winner. I'm sure you two aren't spoiling that pup at all!

You guys live a great life, Eddie. Good job!

mikeerbC6 07-12-2007 10:30 PM

good luck

Red07C6 07-13-2007 12:51 AM

good luck

Our deepest sympathy on the loss of hot dog.I met him at englishtown years ago.What sweetheart.I know you and Ercie will spoil sweet P rotten! Dachshunds rule,just ask my 2.

FourFather 07-13-2007 11:10 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Red07C6 (Post 1561054231)
Our deepest sympathy on the loss of hot dog.I met him at englishtown years ago.What sweetheart.I know you and Ercie will spoil sweet P rotten! Dachshunds rule,just ask my 2.

Red07C6--

Thank you! Hot Dog was SUCH a blessing--:blueangel:

Sweetie P came to us--unsolicited--just a few days after Hot Dog's passing--like it was all part of some plan, somehow--:blueangel:

FourFather 07-13-2007 04:33 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Window Sticker for my Vette Vert

Thanks for looking!:)

Maalox 07-13-2007 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by FourFather (Post 1561058018)
Red07C6--

Thank you! Hot Dog was SUCH a blessing--:blueangel:

Sweetie P came to us--unsolicited--just a few days after Hot Dog's passing--like it was all part of some plan, somehow--:blueangel:

Here is a TTT for you and one cute pup. We have been considering another dog and these pictures have us thinking about a daschund. :thumbs:

deanoshiro 07-14-2007 02:31 PM

Y2Kaboom!

Here is the one I will never forget!
http://www.runyourownrace.com/images/y2kaboom.jpg

FourFather 07-14-2007 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by deanoshiro (Post 1561073631)
Here is the one I will never forget!
http://www.runyourownrace.com/images/y2kaboom.jpg

NOR WILL I!:eek: :eek: :ack:

I HATE that when that happens!:rolleyes:

titletaker 07-14-2007 03:25 PM

Sorry to sound stupid, but who is Eddie Hill? I am assuming a drag racer.
Nice looking vert.

Z16 #1669 07-14-2007 03:36 PM

I think you're correct.........try Google

scotty t 07-14-2007 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by titletaker (Post 1561074182)
Nice looking vert.

where have you been? under a rock?:cheers:

ren 07-14-2007 04:48 PM

Thats a beautiful car. I've always been a big drag racing fan. I live in Joe Amato territory. I always took my kids to Maple Grove dragway for the Keystone nationials. We always had pit passes. Always found that Eddie Hill was one of the more accessible drivers. One year, he posed for a picture with my daughter and signed an autograph. Great guy. Drag racing misses the Nucular Bannana.

Bluestripe67 07-14-2007 05:59 PM

It's an honor to be on the same forum with such a cool guy who has had some serious fun. Enjoy everything else you'll do in the future. :cheers:

Coves4me 07-14-2007 06:09 PM

Eddie, although I usually hang out in the C1 forum (We've got a 59 and a 62), I came across your post from a guy over there. Very nice C6. I'm about a year and a half away from buying another Vette, or I would buy yours. I'm envious of that Atom. I watched a video on Jay Leno's garage as he has one also. Basically, a BIG go-cart, but real fast!

I remember meeting you at the Motorplex several years ago on a Friday during qualifying. You signed a photograph for me that hangs in my garage to this day. Glad to see you're doin' OK. Do you still go on the roof to watch the stars? Good luck in the future.

Mark B. :thumbs:

FourFather 07-14-2007 06:43 PM

Nice looking vert.

If you are interested to that extent you can click on my website www.eddiehillsfuncycles.com and click on Meet Eddie Hill or click on racing career.

If you Google, use Eddie and Ercie Hill.

Or, to save you that trouble, I'm the only person to win the yearly dragracing championship, and hold the records, in the Top Fuel class on both land and water.:yesnod: :thumbs:

Thanks for asking, and thanks for the compliment on my Vette!:)

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...tJuly07013.jpg

titletaker 07-14-2007 07:14 PM

Doing it on water must be a real thrill and take some serious cahoney's.
Sounds like speed should be your middle name. How does the Ford Gt compare to the vette? Sorry to disrupt your for sale thread. Good luck on the sale.

FourFather 07-14-2007 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by ren (Post 1561075024)
Thats a beautiful car. I've always been a big drag racing fan. I live in Joe Amato territory. I always took my kids to Maple Grove dragway for the Keystone nationials. We always had pit passes. Always found that Eddie Hill was one of the more accessible drivers. One year, he posed for a picture with my daughter and signed an autograph. Great guy. Drag racing misses the Nucular Bannana.

Thank you!:thumbs:

We miss hanging out with the folks (fans), too!:(

But we are really enjoying our time off, and getting to do what WE want to do, instead of what the sponsors want done. We REALLY enjoyed our racing career, but no desire to return--

Hobs 07-14-2007 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by FourFather (Post 1561074098)

Eddie,
Which track is this ? I vividly remember a similar incident at the Texas Motorplex. We were sitting at about the ~330 foot point half way up the stands. When the engine let go the heat was unbelievable even that far away! Can't imagine what it was like for you. I then started getting a bit concerned about where all those parts were going. Winston vision (yeah that far back) showed you at the far end and there was nothing visible between the frame rails where the engine had been. Glad the only thing hurt was your pocket book.

Hobs

jim482 07-15-2007 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by FourFather (Post 1561058018)

Beautiful daschund puppy. They are great with kids and adults alike.
Best of luck with your new family member Sweetie P....

Nice Vert by the way...Glad you joined the Corvette Forum.
Even when the Vette is sold, you will always be welcome here.....:thumbs: :cheers:

FourFather 07-15-2007 09:15 AM

4 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Bluestripe67 (Post 1561075705)
It's an honor to be on the same forum with such a cool guy who has had some serious fun. Enjoy everything else you'll do in the future. :cheers:

Thank you, sir!:) It's fun for me, as well, to hang with like-minded folks here on the Forum!:thumbs:

I HAVE been blessed with some serious fun, more than just about anyone I know, and been able to basically do just exactly what I wanted to do my whole life, and get paid for it!:cheers: :cool:

Is this a great country, or what?:D

And a reminder that I really ought to sell one of these four-

And the only one I can sell without having to pay long-term capital gains tax, is the Vette Vert. I acquired the other three in trade for my Lola T-70, under I.R.S. section 1031 Like-Kind exchange, and if/when I sell one of those three, I owe tax. But not on the Vette. And I don't need FOUR pretty-day cars.

Thanks for looking!:thumbs:

Grey Ghost 07-15-2007 09:33 AM

Hi Eddie,

Thats an awesome C6 ! Wish I could afford one and I would be all over it. I also noticed some RC aircraft flying pictures. :thumbs: I forget what they call it - giant scale sport ? Or something...? I have flown some trainers. But man, those big boys that you make stand on their tail are too cool !!! Looks like many of us on this board share similar interest. Hope you have time to hang around and chat with us ! :thumbs:

deanoshiro 07-15-2007 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by FourFather (Post 1561074098)

Your print is hanging on my wall! God bless you.
:thumbs:

susko 07-15-2007 12:55 PM

Eddie, I am interested in your vette.. I can offer you $40,000 cash.

Ha, I just low-balled Eddie Hill. :cool:

Good luck with the sale, she looks great!!

Best Regards,
Mike :cheers:

FourFather 07-15-2007 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Coves4me (Post 1561075794)
Eddie, although I usually hang out in the C1 forum (We've got a 59 and a 62), I came across your post from a guy over there. Very nice C6. I'm about a year and a half away from buying another Vette, or I would buy yours. I'm envious of that Atom. I watched a video on Jay Leno's garage as he has one also. Basically, a BIG go-cart, but real fast!

I remember meeting you at the Motorplex several years ago on a Friday during qualifying. You signed a photograph for me that hangs in my garage to this day. Glad to see you're doin' OK. Do you still go on the roof to watch the stars? Good luck in the future.

Mark B. :thumbs:

Hi, Mark-

Thank you!:)

I do still get on the roof to star-gaze, watched the space station go by, a few weeks ago- very awe inspiring!:thumbs:

Took the Ford GT to our little Cowboy Church in Henrietta, Tx. today and gave a couple small boys (and, separately, their parents) a few rather spirited 0-60 and back down, and around a few corners ever so slightly crossed up- around the small courthouse square in downtown Henrietta. There was an awful lot of giggling going on, and not all of it was from my side!:D :cheers:

As we were leaving, after the rides were over, Ercie said, You do know that that is the police station across the street from the court house that you've been lapping, don't you?:eek: :eek: :eek:

No, I did not notice that---they must have been closed, though:yesnod: :blueangel:

FourFather 07-15-2007 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Hobs (Post 1561077199)
Eddie,
Which track is this ? I vividly remember a similar incident at the Texas Motorplex. We were sitting at about the ~330 foot point half way up the stands. When the engine let go the heat was unbelievable even that far away! Can't imagine what it was like for you. I then started getting a bit concerned about where all those parts were going. Winston vision (yeah that far back) showed you at the far end and there was nothing visible between the frame rails where the engine had been. Glad the only thing hurt was your pocket book.

Hobs

Houston--my last ride in a Top Fuel car, and the last time we've been to a dragstrip.

That was a brand new block on it's first run, and it did not go the full quarter mile, before the block basically shattered like glass- a defective cast block that was extremely porous and brittle, actually a reject block that should have been rejected/scrapped, but instead was sold to us as a good one-- After this, and probably partly BECAUSE of this incident, NHRA made billet blocks mandatory--no more cast blocks allowed.

I have frame-by-frame video showing the block coming apart- one cylinder head leaving the car with one side of the block still with it, and after the parts had all scattered into an area about three times the normal engine size, the hot parts (headers) ignited the hot oil and all that raw nitro spraying around. The engine came apart several frames before the fireball, easy to see on the video. Most people that saw the incident live, probably thought that there was an internal explosion that blew the block apart--not so. All the internal parts, crank, rods, pistons, bearings, etc. were fine.

The intense pressure-wave from the fireball blew my head and shoulders so far forward that my butterfly steering wheel put a prang in the front of my helmet! In one frame, my head is in the normal position, in the next it is against the steering wheel, and the next it's back in the normal position again. And all this with my shoulder harness literally as tight as my crew guy can pull them, while I'm holding a deep breath. So my belts leave me only enough room to breathe, no more. So when I got shoved/blown that far forward, something had to give--- and it was my L-1 vertebra- 40% compression fracture, and the most pain I've ever felt. It hurt so bad I thought a piece of frame tubing or something had punctured my back.:eek:

I told the Safety Safari to cut the cage off the car (the only time in my career that I allowed one of my cars to be cut up to get me out) and to lift me very carefully straight up and out, without flexing my back. Ercie was there watching, of course, and she said the pain was so bad that the tears were actually squirting forward, out of my eyes!:ack:

So my last ride ever, at a dragstrip, was out of there, in an ambulance!

Like it also was, at my last drag boat race!

I've never been back to a boat or a car drag race.:nono:

But I'm O.K. now.:yesnod:

Except for the brain damage--:(

Which the doctors all said was a pre-existing condition, or else I wouln't have been going that fast, anyway!:crazy:

FourFather 07-16-2007 11:43 AM

To corpeventspecial--

Hi, Hope you don't mind a public answer to your PM--:)

Question. Why we are no longer racing?

The short answer is---lack of sponsorship.

Pennzoil, our major sponsor for many years, had already told us at mid-year 1999, that they were not going to renew our contract for 2000. The budget then, for a Top Fuel Championship contender, was over two million dollars per year. We had been unable to secure a suitable Primary sponsor in the couple of months that had elapsed between when we knew we needed a new primary sponsor, and the back-breaking incident at Houston that I just described in my previous post.

And the extremely painful broken back stopped our sponsor search, and gave us time to reflect on our career and do some soul-searching as to whether we really wanted to continue.

I thought about all the motorcycle crashes.

The front-engined Top Fuel fires where I was always sitting in the biggest and hottest part of the fires (before there were firesuits).

Getting thrown out of a Top Fuel boat and having my body (in front of the crashing boat) clocked at 166mph:eek:

The Top Fuel boat crash at Firebird in Phoenix, at over 200 mph, that came close to ruining my eyes, and did break seven bones.

The blowover at Pomona where the car was straight up at 236 mph in the timing lights while it was going over backwards.

The horrible crash at Sonoma where the tread came off the rear tires at over 300 mph and the car disintegrated and crashed, with fire, for 5/8 of a mile, leaving just me and my roll cage with the engine laying beside me with some cables and hoses still attached. The only thing undamaged out of the car was my little windshield, with the Racers For Christ decal on it!:blueangel:

It is probably true that I'm the most-crashed person still alive.

And, after all, we had already been able to race more than just about anyone, and got to do it with a nice variety of rides, and with some success--- it just seemed like a good time to say when.:D

But if we had been able to get sponsorship, we'd still be out there!:yesnod:

Thanks for asking!:)

FourFather 07-16-2007 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by jim482 (Post 1561081103)
Beautiful daschund puppy. They are great with kids and adults alike.
Best of luck with your new family member Sweetie P....

Nice Vert by the way...Glad you joined the Corvette Forum.
Even when the Vette is sold, you will always be welcome here.....:thumbs: :cheers:

Thanks, Jim!:thumbs:

Sweetie P is very smart! It only took her about two weeks to train us to do exactly what she wants!;)

Thanks again-- it always feels like I'm among friends,:thumbs: here on the forum!:cheers:

joghotrod 07-16-2007 02:12 PM

Hi again Eddie,

I am sorry you are selling your Vette, but I guess with so many toys one has to go. I am glad you and Ercie are still doing fine. Remember the last time I saw you was when you and Ercie were going to be in a parade in your home town.

Do you think this thread will go 17 pages like the one when you sold your C5?:D Good luck on the sale.

Jimmy

cthusker 07-16-2007 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by FourFather (Post 1561095556)
Hi, Hope you don't mind a public answer to your PM--:)

Question. Why we are no longer racing?

The short answer is---lack of sponsorship.

Pennzoil, our major sponsor for many years, had already told us at mid-year 1999, that they were not going to renew our contract for 2000. The budget then, for a Top Fuel Championship contender, was over two million dollars per year. We had been unable to secure a suitable Primary sponsor in the couple of months that had elapsed between when we knew we needed a new primary sponsor, and the back-breaking incident at Houston that I just described in the my previous post.

And the extremely painful broken back stopped our sponsor search, and gave us time to reflect on our career and do some soul-searching as to whether we really wanted to continue.

I thought about all the motorcycle crashes.

The front-engined Top Fuel fires where I was always sitting in the biggest and hottest part of the fires (before there were firesuits).

Getting thrown out of a Top Fuel boat and having my body (in front of the crashing boat) clocked at 166mph:eek:

The Top Fuel boat crash at Firebird in Phoenix, at over 200 mph, that came close to ruining my eyes, and did break seven bones.

The blowover at Pomona where the car was straight up at 236 mph in the timing lights while it was going over backwards.

The horrible crash at Sonoma where the tread came off the rear tires at over 300 mph and the car disintegrated and crashed, with fire, for 5/8 of a mile, leaving just me and my roll cage with the engine laying beside me with some cables and hoses still attached. The only thing undamaged out of the car was my little windshield, with the Racers For Christ decal on it!:blueangel:

It is probably true that I'm the most-crashed person still alive.

And, after all, we had already been able to race more than just about anyone, and got to do it with a nice variety of rides, and with some success--- it just seemed like a good time to say when.:D

But if we had been able to get sponsorship, we'd still be ot there!:yesnod:

Thanks for asking!:)

Ed I've followed your interesting, colorful and very successful career for years! Having said that I can’t decide whether you’re the luckiest or unluckiest racer that ever lived… :rofl:
Bottom line is I’m extremely happy you managed to survive and recover from some of the worst racing crashes ever seen on the planet! I’m surprised your wife didn’t kill you years ago after putting her through all those mind numbing accidents. I really think she deserves a ton of respect just putting up with you all these years. :rofl: I salute you for not only preserving but also winning more than most in big time racing circles! Best of luck to you and yours in the future! Enjoy your retirement from racing and it looks like you have plenty of toys to keep you busy! BTW that’s a great looking vette and also the fastest color….. :cheers:

FourFather 07-16-2007 11:59 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Grey Ghost (Post 1561082113)
Hi Eddie,

Thats an awesome C6 ! Wish I could afford one and I would be all over it. I also noticed some RC aircraft flying pictures. :thumbs: I forget what they call it - giant scale sport ? Or something...? I have flown some trainers. But man, those big boys that you make stand on their tail are too cool !!! Looks like many of us on this board share similar interest. Hope you have time to hang around and chat with us ! :thumbs:

Thr R/C bug bit me really hard when I didn't have a race car to drive anymore--I think that's the main thing that preserved my sanity( like as if I ever really had any-:lol: )

The smaller of these two has a two cylinder horizontally opposed two-cycle 110 cc engine with a bit over 10 HP. Pulls a 28 inch diameter carbon fiber prop in the 6000+ Rpm range. It's a 33%, or 1/3 scale; it's one third the size of the full-scale aerobatic pilot-carrying plane that it is modeled after. Wingspan 102 inches.

The larger SuperXtra is 42% of full-size. 150 cc two cylinder, about 16 HP, pulling a 32inch diameter prop. 122 inch wingspan.

Lotsa fun!:yesnod:

FourFather 07-17-2007 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by deanoshiro (Post 1561083122)
Your print is hanging on my wall! God bless you.

I have the original artwork of that print hanging on my wall, too.:yesnod:

But it is NOT my favorite memory!:ack:

Thank you sir! God DOES bless me--Every Day!!:blueangel: :thumbs: :cool:

FourFather 07-17-2007 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by susko (Post 1561083936)
Eddie, I am interested in your vette.. I can offer you $40,000 cash.

Ha, I just low-balled Eddie Hill. :cool:

Good luck with the sale, she looks great!!

Best Regards,
Mike :cheers:

Mike, I am interested in selling you my Vette. Make it $60,000 cash and you've bought ONE FINE AUTOMOBILE!!:lol:

Ha, I just hi-balled Mike.:cool: :thumbs:

But, seriously, thanks for the good luck, compliment, and the bump to the top!:yesnod:

forloop 07-17-2007 12:34 PM

Nice looking vert.

http://www.nhra.com/50th/top50/E_Hill14.html

TTT

FourFather 07-17-2007 08:00 PM

4 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by joghotrod (Post 1561097525)
Hi again Eddie,

I am sorry you are selling your Vette, but I guess with so many toys one has to go. I am glad you and Ercie are still doing fine. Remember the last time I saw you was when you and Ercie were going to be in a parade in your home town.

Do you think this thread will go 17 pages like the one when you sold your C5?:D Good luck on the sale.

Jimmy

Hi, Jimmy.

Good to hear from you again. Hope y'all are still Vette'n like the last time we saw you.:yesnod:

17 pages? Who knows?:rolleyes:

I love the Vette, but it's the only one I can sell without paying capital gains tax on the proceeds of the sale--:(

Thanks!:)

FourFather 07-18-2007 09:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by cthusker (Post 1561103677)
Ed I've followed your interesting, colorful and very successful career for years! Having said that I can’t decide whether you’re the luckiest or unluckiest racer that ever lived… :rofl:
Bottom line is I’m extremely happy you managed to survive and recover from some of the worst racing crashes ever seen on the planet! I’m surprised your wife didn’t kill you years ago after putting her through all those mind numbing accidents. I really think she deserves a ton of respect just putting up with you all these years. :rofl: I salute you for not only preserving but also winning more than most in big time racing circles! Best of luck to you and yours in the future! Enjoy your retirement from racing and it looks like you have plenty of toys to keep you busy! BTW that’s a great looking vette and also the fastest color….. :cheers:

Thanks a bunch for all the kind words and well wishes!:thumbs:

I thought I'd go absolutely nuts without a racecar to play with, but it's actually better now-- I get to spend a LOT more time driving, and NOWHERE NEAR as much time servicing and transportng, rebuilding, etc.

Thanks for the Vette compliment- it is one of the VERY few with the fastest color inside, where you can enjoy it while you're driving it!:cool: :thumbs:

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...romhiright.jpg

FourFather 07-18-2007 05:41 PM

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...tibleJu-55.jpg

In our rear driveway. These morning glories just appeared-- we had never planted any-- and they have covered the fence! Cool!:cool: :thumbs:

Thanks for looking!

FourFather 07-19-2007 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by forloop (Post 1561110944)

forloop-

Thanks for the PR plug, and the bump to the top!:thumbs:

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...tibleJu-42.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...uskliteson.jpg
See the Head up display on the windshield?

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...e/MVC-021S.jpg

johncbourg 07-19-2007 04:37 PM

Nice car Eddie, you are the man. First in the 4's

I'll never forget it.

You were the reason I started following NHRA.

deanoshiro 07-20-2007 12:20 AM

Kenny Youngblood

Originally Posted by FourFather (Post 1561105863)
I have the original artwork of that print hanging on my wall, too.:yesnod:

But it is NOT my favorite memory!:ack:

Thank you sir! God DOES bless me--Every Day!!:blueangel: :thumbs: :cool:

Boy can Kenny draw, amazing what he can do on a napkin!
dso:smash:

FourFather 07-20-2007 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by johncbourg (Post 1561144756)

Nice car Eddie, you are the man. First in the 4's

I'll never forget it.

You were the reason I started following NHRA.

Thanks, John!:thumbs:

I'll never forget that either--one of the best days of my life!!:cheers:

The fans-folks like you- are a big reason why we enjoyed the racing so much, and did it for so long- and what we miss the most!

Nothing can compare to walking back to the starting line on the return road, celebrating with the fans, after a win!:thumbs: :cheers: :cool:

A short commercial--
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...tJuly07006.jpg

Thanks!, and Good Luck!:yesnod:

FourFather 07-21-2007 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by deanoshiro (Post 1561151396)
Boy can Kenny draw, amazing what he can do on a napkin!
dso:smash:

Kenny really does do excellent work!:thumbs: We have several of his originals, the painting used to copy the prints, on our wall, and they are among our most prized possesions!:yesnod:

More pictures--

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...tibleJu-22.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...tibleJu-21.jpg

Thanks for looking!

FourFather 07-21-2007 08:28 PM

More pix--

VERY lightly used brakes-
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...tJuly07014.jpg

Better pic of window sticker-
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...rJuly07202.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...e/IMG_5303.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...rJuly07201.jpg

Thanks for looking!:yesnod:

Hobs 07-22-2007 10:40 AM

Nuclear Banana

Originally Posted by FourFather (Post 1561086572)
Houston--my last ride in a Top Fuel car, and the last time we've been to a dragstrip.

That was a brand new block on it's first run, and it did not go the full quarter mile, before the block basically shattered like glass- a defective cast block that was extremely porous and brittle, actually a reject block that should have been rejected/scrapped, but instead was sold to us as a good one-- After this, and probably partly BECAUSE of this incident, NHRA made billet blocks mandatory--no more cast blocks allowed.

I have frame-by-frame video showing the block coming apart- one cylinder head leaving the car with one side of the block still with it, and after the parts had all scattered into an area about three times the normal engine size, the hot parts (headers) ignited the hot oil and all that raw nitro spraying around. The engine came apart several frames before the fireball, easy to see on the video. Most people that saw the incident live, probably thought that there was an internal explosion that blew the block apart--not so. All the internal parts, crank, rods, pistons, bearings, etc. were fine.

The intense pressure-wave from the fireball blew my head and shoulders so far forward that my butterfly steering wheel put a prang in the front of my helmet! In one frame, my head is in the normal position, in the next it is against the steering wheel, and the next it's back in the normal position again. And all this with my shoulder harness literally as tight as my crew guy can pull them, while I'm holding a deep breath. So my belts leave me only enough room to breathe, no more. So when I got shoved/blown that far forward, something had to give--- and it was my L-1 vertebra- 40% compression fracture, and the most pain I've ever felt. It hurt so bad I thought a piece of frame tubing or something had punctured my back.:eek:

I told the Safety Safari to cut the cage off the car (the only time in my career that I allowed one of my cars to be cut up to get me out) and to lift me very carefully straight up and out, without flexing my back. Ercie was there watching, of course, and she said the pain was so bad that the tears were actually squirting forward, out of my eyes!:ack:

So my last ride ever, at a dragstrip, was out of there, in an ambulance!

Like it also was, at my last drag boat race!

I've never been back to a boat or a car drag race.:nono:

But I'm O.K. now.:yesnod:

Except for the brain damage--:(

Which the doctors all said was a pre-existing condition, or else I wouln't have been going that fast, anyway!:crazy:

Thanks for taking the time to provide all the details.

Fare well to the Nuclear Banana daze!!!;)

Hobs

FourFather 07-22-2007 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Hobs (Post 1561177401)
Thanks for taking the time to provide all the details.

Fare well to the Nuclear Banana daze!!!;)

Hobs

You're welcome!:)

It was sure fun while it lasted!:yesnod:

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...tJuly07008.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...litesondim.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...tibleJu-40.jpg

FourFather 07-23-2007 10:12 AM

More pix-:flag:

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...tibleJu-37.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...tibleJu-33.jpg

FourFather 07-24-2007 11:48 AM

Sexy Satin Stretch cover included-:cool:

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...tibleJu-23.jpg

The Clevite Kid 07-24-2007 06:14 PM

I had never seen red-on-red before, and it looks GREAT.

May I point out that the car does NOT have NAV. Not needed if you know where you are going and what you are doing.

And it DOES have F55, a very sophisticated suspension that responds faster than you can imagine to variations in the roadway, the car, and the environment. Best choice for a touring Corvette C6.

Good luck selling this wonderful car, and best wishes for everything else. You still have loads of fans.

FourFather 07-25-2007 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by clevitekid (Post 1561210191)
I had never seen red-on-red before, and it looks GREAT.

May I point out that the car does NOT have NAV. Not needed if you know where you are going and what you are doing.

And it DOES have F55, a very sophisticated suspension that responds faster than you can imagine to variations in the roadway, the car, and the environment. Best choice for a touring Corvette C6.

Good luck selling this wonderful car, and best wishes for everything else. You still have loads of fans.

Thanks, clevitekid.

I could not agree more, that the Red/Red looks GREAT! And, like you, most folks have never seen one--very rare. I have bought the last several of my Vettes with this combo, but I usually have to order the car and WAIT!:ack: Hate the waiting!:ack:

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...tibleJu-53.jpg

So whoever gets this one will be getting what is essentially a new car properly broken in, waxed, Armour-alled, and detailed, ( by me, I love making it show-ready and showing it to folks), with enough miles to find out if there's a problem-(there were none, no issues/warranty at all) but without having to WAIT to get it built. And for less than new price.:thumbs: :cheers: :cool:

Your asessment of the suspension is like mine, VERY nice, and I've ordered it on all I've had, ever since it has been available. My next-door neighbor has a Z-06, and it is nowhere near as pleasant to ride in when we're just toodling around town--can't turn off the firm part of the ride.:(

Thanks for the good luck and well-wishes, and same to you!
We miss the fans, too!

pewter99 07-25-2007 01:19 PM

:seeya Eddie....I hope after the sale you continue to hang out here occasionally ...

FourFather 07-26-2007 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by pewter99 (Post 1561221214)
:seeya Eddie....I hope after the sale you continue to hang out here occasionally ...

Thanks. pewter99-:yesnod:

I plan to do that.:thumbs:

My Vert with its predecessor-:flag:
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...aragefromL.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...rlightspar.jpg

Thanks!

T VETTE 07-26-2007 01:12 PM

Just took a look in the C6 for sale column for the first time and must say what a surprise. I still miss seeing the yellow nuke. I'm going to Sonoma for the NHRA meet this weekend and will think of you on Sunday when first round rolls out. :cool:
(My first diecast was the yellow pennzoil TF car.)

FourFather 07-27-2007 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by T VETTE (Post 1561236053)
Just took a look in the C6 for sale column for the first time and must say what a surprise. I still miss seeing the yellow nuke. I'm going to Sonoma for the NHRA meet this weekend and will think of you on Sunday when first round rolls out. :cool:
(My first diecast was the yellow pennzoil TF car.)

T VETTE- Enjoy the race at Sonoma--We sure had a good time there in '93 when we won it!

We not only were #1 qualifier, our second best run would have been #2 qualifier, it was better than anyone else's best run.:thumbs:

We had top speed of eliminations- 293.93 mph, winning the semi against Kenny Bernstein and the temp was 97 degrees!

When we won the final, over Cory Mac, the temp was 98 degrees! Spectators were passing out all over the place- brutally hot! The track temp was 129!

That was our fifth win of the year, and if I remember correctly we had low ET of every round! One of our best weekends ever !:thumbs: :cheers: :cool:

If you enjoy your weekend 10% as much as we did, you'll have a great time!:yesnod:

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...tibleJu-50.jpg

vettsh 07-27-2007 04:56 PM

Eddie - there is no question - the car is beautiful.

I wish I could buy it from you, just because you owned it. I've always admired you more than any racer. You were a class act win or lose.

Good luck and God Bless. :seeya

FourFather 07-28-2007 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by vettsh (Post 1561253372)
Eddie - there is no question - the car is beautiful.

I wish I could buy it from you, just because you owned it. I've always admired you more than any racer. You were a class act win or lose.

Good luck and God Bless. :seeya

Thank you, vettsh! That is high praise, indeed, and much appreciated!:yesnod: :thumbs:

Thanks for the good luck and may the good Lord bless you, as well!!:blueangel:

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...tJuly07013.jpg

FourFather 07-29-2007 05:11 PM

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...tJuly07016.jpg

:)

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...tibleJu-42.jpg

FourFather 07-30-2007 11:02 AM

A better picture of why I need to sell something--My garage runneth over!!:yesnod:

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...tJuly07022.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...tJuly07019.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...ntthreequa.jpg

eddie:flag:

vettsh 07-30-2007 01:17 PM

:smiliedrool:

I'm in love again - with your garage......

Mr. Wonderful 07-30-2007 04:24 PM

Hi Eddie,
I read every post in this thread, and your replies were very informative/entertaining.
I'm 60 y/o, so I remember your racing career well, both on land and sea.

I have a Velocity Yellow '07, so not in the market for another C6, but will bring you back to the top :thumbs:

Good luck with the sale of this beautiful red/red C6.

I recently sold my red/red '65 coupe....

http://temp.corvetteforum.net/c3/fathomgreen69/65.jpg

FourFather 07-31-2007 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by vettsh (Post 1561284931)
:smiliedrool:

I'm in love again - with your garage......

Thanks! The garage has served us well. We won the '93 NHRA Top Fuel Championship operating out of it. It was pretty tight in there- we had to move the car over to the side to have room to work on the engines, and then had to move the engines over, to work on the car. Tight quarters!:yesnod:

It was REALLY tight backing our 18-wheeler into our residential driveway! Our next-door neighbor was nice enough to allow us to widen the radiused entryway to our driveway by donating that part of his property that we used. Pretty neighborly:) ! Then when the rig was in the driveway, we had to dolly the trailer up off the truck, separate them, and move the truck over close to the house, to have room to close our gate.:rolleyes: Then with the trailer as close to the gate as we could get it, the nose of the dragster just BARELY cleared the roof of our garage as we lowered the car down from the upstairs of the trailer where it rode. But we made it all work, we had a good time and lots of happy memories there- won the Championship, and had a good time doing it!!!:thumbs: :cheers: :cool:

Probably the last time ever for the Championship to be won out of a residential garage, at the owner/driver/tuner's house!:yesnod:

sidewayz 07-31-2007 12:46 PM

Throw in a full tool box and the car is sold! :smash:

Nice rides, Im one of your younger fans but my introduction to TF was watching you go through the lights on the rear wheels! Been hooked since.

Great career Eddie and your even a nicer guy. The sport, well all sports, can use more athletes like you.

Pat

Originally Posted by FourFather (Post 1561283208)

FourFather 08-01-2007 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Wonderful (Post 1561287462)
Hi Eddie,
I read every post in this thread, and your replies were very informative/entertaining.
I'm 60 y/o, so I remember your racing career well, both on land and sea.

I have a Velocity Yellow '07, so not in the market for another C6, but will bring you back to the top :thumbs:

Good luck with the sale of this beautiful red/red C6.

I recently sold my red/red '65 coupe....

http://temp.corvetteforum.net/c3/fathomgreen69/65.jpg

Mr. Wonderful-

"Informative and entertaining"--Thank you for that! I think I'm kinda practicing for maybe writing a book about some of the things, both horrifying AND wonderful , that we've experienced through the years.:)

You have some nice rides!;)

Thanks for the good luck and the compliment and the bump!:thumbs:

Eddie--AKA Father of the Fours:flag:

C6400hp 08-01-2007 09:20 PM

TTT for the Fourfather

FourFather 08-02-2007 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by sidewayz (Post 1561299415)
Throw in a full tool box and the car is sold! :smash:

Nice rides, Im one of your younger fans but my introduction to TF was watching you go through the lights on the rear wheels! Been hooked since.

Great career Eddie and your even a nicer guy. The sport, well all sports, can use more athletes like you.

Pat

Full tool box? You got it, Dude!:thumbs:

I'll include the toolbox, and all the special tools , some never even used, for a 1918 Webbley-Vickers! I'm not completely sure what all of them do.

One looks to me like it's a de-neuralizer for the small inverse polarity field that always seemed to develop around the inductance coil of the magnetron if you passed too close to a power station during an electrical storm.

Another appears to be a lynch-pin remover-installer.

I'm pretty sure there's still a burnisher in there-- for the pushrod floats, probably, not sure-

Although it's pretty rusty, there's still a gap gage for the piston wheels, and the other end of it can sometimes be used to de-gauss the secondary main jet. (For some as yet unexplained reason, nobody ever worries much about the primary jet-- go figure)

If you ever use the unobtanium alloy stator compressor-(you can tell it easy, it's the one that glows in the dark) DO NOT leave it out of the box overnight. I did that once, and the next morning there were 13 dead june bugs all in a circle around it, and all about the same distance away. "Critical Radius"?, maybe?:rolleyes:

:bs :lol:

But, seriously, thanks for the kind words, and the bump!:)

FourFather 08-03-2007 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by C6400hp (Post 1561321418)
TTT for the Fourfather

Thank you , sir, and have a good Friday.:thumbs:

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...tJuly07015.jpg

claysmoker 08-03-2007 11:26 AM

TTT. Hi Eddie, are you boring some holes in the sky this weekend? Keep the shiny side up!

Hot August Nights kickoff is tonight so I'm headin' north in the hotrod.:)

Have a great weekend:thumbs:

Dave

FourFather 08-03-2007 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by claysmoker (Post 1561342803)
TTT. Hi Eddie, are you boring some holes in the sky this weekend? Keep the shiny side up!

Hot August Nights kickoff is tonight so I'm headin' north in the hotrod.:)

Have a great weekend:thumbs:

Dave

Hey, Dave-

Not flying since I traded the Lola for the three new toys- there's been an awful lot of waxing and detailing done around here lately!:cool:

Hot nights--weird, but we haven't had 100degrees yet:rolleyes:

Y'all enjoy the hotrod, and thanks for the bump!:thumbs:

FourFather 08-04-2007 04:46 PM

More pictures-:flag:

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...tibleJu-34.jpg

I'd love to have a motorcycle trade-in!:yesnod:

FourFather 08-05-2007 04:05 PM

We may be able to help with financing-I personally carried the note on the last one I sold-:)

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...e/MVC-013S.jpg

And I have a trailer that we used to deliver the last one I sold--:yesnod:

Eddie

claysmoker 08-06-2007 10:58 AM

ttt

FourFather 08-07-2007 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by claysmoker (Post 1561379779)
ttt

Thanks, Dave!:thumbs:

Were the August Nights Hot?:bigears

Later-

FourFather 08-08-2007 01:02 AM

We'd like to talk about a motorcycle trade.:yesnod:

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...e/MVC-021S.jpg

FourFather 08-09-2007 04:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...tJuly07001.jpg

SPANKY LS1 08-09-2007 06:07 PM

Out of curiosity, what is the small emblem on the nose under the Corvette emblem?

Shawn

FourFather 08-10-2007 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by SPANKY LS1 (Post 1561432391)
Out of curiosity, what is the small emblem on the nose under the Corvette emblem?

Shawn

Hi, Shawn, Thanks for the bump.

The answer is---
Shameless self-promotion!:o

It's a little soft-metal stick-on with my motorcycle business logo on it.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...blemonC6-1.jpg

Due to my lack of photographic skill, I can't seem to get it clearly--

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...onCarbonFi.jpg

Here's a pic of our logo large enough to see what it looks like- this is a decal on my Ford GT--

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...e/IMG_5439.jpg

Ken07AOVert 08-10-2007 11:23 PM

things that go BUMP in the night.......

Just another bump for a beautiful car and a SUPER fellow...................The immortal Mr. Hill!!

Why can I hear the 'King of the hill music'? :lol:

If I slip and call him 'Hank' is the price going to go up??? :thumbs:

FourFather 08-11-2007 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by Ken02busa (Post 1561451178)
Just another bump for a beautiful car and a SUPER fellow...................The immortal Mr. Hill!!

Why can I hear the 'King of the hill music'? :lol:

If I slip and call him 'Hank' is the price going to go up??? :thumbs:

Thanks Ken, for the compliment, and the bump!:yesnod: :thumbs:

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...tJuly07005.jpg

FourFather 08-12-2007 09:56 AM

Sleeping in on Sunday--:)

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...SweetieNap.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...rtibleJu-8.jpg

Ken07AOVert 08-12-2007 12:32 PM

NOW I have the poker face working....

Ok Ed!

I am ready now!

I have 50,000 for you, nice fresh Canadian greenbacks!!! :thumbs:

Damn, thats hard even to type with a straight face.

You a poker player? LOL

FourFather 08-13-2007 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Ken02busa (Post 1561465476)
Ok Ed!

I am ready now!

I have 50,000 for you, nice fresh Canadian greenbacks!!! :thumbs:

Damn, thats hard even to type with a straight face.

You a poker player? LOL

Make it 60,000 used, grungy, soiled & dirty American dollars, and YOU'VE GOT A DEAL !!!!!:lol: :thumbs:

And I'll throw in, FOR FREE, a copy of of our Canadian water speed record of 223 MPH, set at Fanshawe lake, personally autographed to you!:rolleyes:

Or not- your choice:lol:

But, seriously, thanks for the bump.:)

SS MPSTR 08-13-2007 06:53 PM

Wow...incredible career. I remember watching on TV (and hearing from my dorm room) your races at Pomona. I was too poor and too strapped by school projects to actually go see you race.

TTT for ya.

FourFather 08-14-2007 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by SS MPSTR (Post 1561483731)
Wow...incredible career. I remember watching on TV (and hearing from my dorm room) your races at Pomona. I was too poor and too strapped by school projects to actually go see you race.

TTT for ya.

Thank you! We had a lot of fun winning at the L. A. County Fairgrounds:yesnod: :thumbs: -- and an over backwards flip through the finish line timing lights at 236 MPH:eek: , that wasn't all that much fun.:nono:

I was extremely poor while I was going to Texas A&M, too-- a real challenge just to come up with enough $ to buy books (always bought used if they were available) and be able to eat! Sounds ludicrous now, but there were many days I ate for one dollar a day, plus whatever my roommate would smuggle to me out of the chow hall--:rolleyes:

But I'm sure you'll find, as I did, that the sacrifices you made to get an education were well worth it!:yesnod: Probably the best trade-off any of us ever make!:)

deejaydu 08-15-2007 12:19 AM

Hello Eddie, your'e the greatest. This has been a very fun thread to follow.My wife,son and I were in Baytown the day that you did it.First in the fours that is and I bought a $10.00 yellow dragster for my then 4 year old son that you autographed for him. He of course is out of college now and still has that dragster on his dresser as one of his prized possesions.That $10.00 dragster nearly broke me that day but boy it was really worth it. If I did not already have a Black/Red 07 vert in my garage I would definetly have a Red/Red 06 vert with a license plate that reads "Ed Hill". Thanks for the memories and I am glad to see that you are enjoying your retirement.I will always be a fan. Jay

FourFather 08-15-2007 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by deejaydu (Post 1561503389)
Hello Eddie, your'e the greatest. This has been a very fun thread to follow.My wife,son and I were in Baytown the day that you did it.First in the fours that is and I bought a $10.00 yellow dragster for my then 4 year old son that you autographed for him. He of course is out of college now and still has that dragster on his dresser as one of his prized possesions.That $10.00 dragster nearly broke me that day but boy it was really worth it. If I did not already have a Black/Red 07 vert in my garage I would definetly have a Red/Red 06 vert with a license plate that reads "Ed Hill". Thanks for the memories and I am glad to see that you are enjoying your retirement.I will always be a fan. Jay

What a cool story!:thumbs: :cheers: :cool:

Thanks for taking the time, and caring enough, to share it! Ercie enjoyed it too!:yesnod:

I don't know if you've already picked up on this, but my "First in the Fours" dragster is on display at my motorcycle dealership, and there's a picture of it here-- www.eddiehillsfuncycles.com

Thanks again, and may God bless!:blueangel:

Gold Z 08-16-2007 01:55 AM

Eddie, I've got the solution to your problem. You can keep all four cars. Just park one in my garage. Since I live about a mile away you could visit it anytime you wanted. Just leave the keys. I'll keep it cleaned and polished, just like my Camaro. Of course I'd drive it, just to keep the oil circulated of course. :blueangel: The best part is.....I won't charge you anything! :yesnod: :yesnod:

BTW...I enjoyed our conversation at the gas station the other night and I REALLY like your new sexy black toy.

FourFather 08-16-2007 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Gold Z (Post 1561519200)
Eddie, I've got the solution to your problem. You can keep all four cars. Just park one in my garage. Since I live about a mile away you could visit it anytime you wanted. Just leave the keys. I'll keep it cleaned and polished, just like my Camaro. Of course I'd drive it, just to keep the oil circulated of course. :blueangel: The best part is.....I won't charge you anything! :yesnod: :yesnod:

BTW...I enjoyed our conversation at the gas station the other night and I REALLY like your new sexy black toy.

Hi, John,

If you PROMISE to not let the tires get flat-spotted from sitting too long----:lol:

I, too, enjoyed our conversation. I'll never forget the ride you gave me in your Hemi-Cuda--seems like about two lifetimes ago--something I'll never forget!!:yesnod:

I clicked some pix just now so some of the folks watching can see what we're talking about--

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...romlowrear.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1.../Ultima004.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1.../Ultima001.jpg

It's a British-built Ultima with a 600+ HP 427 inch small block Chevy, 2192 pounds, Porsche turbo transaxle, big Brembo brakes, Hoosier DOT slicks--It's still new and untested, but looks like it oughta run good!!:thumbs:

FourFather 08-17-2007 11:48 AM

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...tJuly07010.jpg

FourFather 08-18-2007 12:52 PM

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...indriveway.jpg

:cool:

FourFather 08-19-2007 10:47 AM

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...llfromleft.jpg

Did you ever see one in real life, Red inside and out? I order mine this way, and this is my eleventh, but I've never seen another one, other than mine.:yesnod:

LOVE the Red/Red!:thumbs: :cool:

Tact 08-19-2007 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by FourFather (Post 1561561986)

Did you ever see one in real life, Red inside and out? I order mine this way, and this is my eleventh, but I've never seen another one, other than mine.:yesnod:

LOVE the Red/Red!:thumbs: :cool:

:iagree:
I've got my '04 Z, torch red w/ mod red interior for sale, and I love the red colors. Good luck with your sale.:thumbs:

FourFather 08-20-2007 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Tact (Post 1561562891)
:iagree:
I've got my '04 Z, torch red w/ mod red interior for sale, and I love the red colors. Good luck with your sale.:thumbs:

Tact-

Thanks for the good luck, and good luck to you on yours.:yesnod:

Have you ever seen another Red/Red, other than yours?:bigears

Thanks!:flag:

Tact 08-20-2007 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by FourFather (Post 1561575093)
Tact-

Thanks for the good luck, and good luck to you on yours.:yesnod:

Have you ever seen another Red/Red, other than yours?:bigears

Thanks!:flag:

I haven't seen many but I have seen a few. I'm curious how many '04 Z's Gm produced with my combination. Your color combination I've never seen and your's is SWEEET!:cheers:

pocorojo 08-20-2007 03:35 PM

Eddie,
What a pleasant surprise to see you here. You and Ercie were so friendly when I came up to you in the pits at Firebird raceway, back in the days you were driving the white "Texan" car. I had my 4-year-old daughter with me at the time. You guys took time to tell us about your car and how qualifying was going. I became a fan-for-life that day. I really enjoyed the "First in the Fours" video. I still use the quote "a person can't hold a sustained scream for 40 years" that your mother gave in the video. :lol:

What an honor someone out there will have after purchasing this beautiful C6.:yesnod:

Thanks for all the memories.....Jim:thumbs:

FourFather 08-21-2007 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by pocorojo (Post 1561578763)
Eddie,
What a pleasant surprise to see you here. You and Ercie were so friendly when I came up to you in the pits at Firebird raceway, back in the days you were driving the white "Texan" car. I had my 4-year-old daughter with me at the time. You guys took time to tell us about your car and how qualifying was going. I became a fan-for-life that day. I really enjoyed the "First in the Fours" video. I still use the quote "a person can't hold a sustained scream for 40 years" that your mother gave in the video. :lol:

What an honor someone out there will have after purchasing this beautiful C6.:yesnod:

Thanks for all the memories.....Jim:thumbs:

Thanks, Jim!:thumbs: As drag racing became more and more "professional", one of the things I missed the most was having time to visit with the fans like what you just described. As the speeds and ET's got better and better, getting all the work and the tuning done between rounds just left less and less time available to visit--.Not anyone's fault, really, just the way things went--:(

Anyway, thanks for the story, and reminding me of one of Mom's memorable quotes!:yesnod: :thumbs:

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...velrearMay.jpg

FourFather 08-22-2007 11:22 AM

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...ofiletopup.jpg

This car, with the paddle-shift,has what amounts to Street Launch Control! :thumbs: Simply hold the brake pedal down firmly and gradually put the throttle pedal to the floor. The rpm will hold at about 1600 or so. Then to launch, simply release the brake pedal! The car will leave very quickly and hard with just the right amount of wheelspin! :thumbs: :cheers:

The car's computer can figure out just how much wheelspin is the proper amount for max acceleration with the traction available right there and right then! MUCH easier to get off the line properly and consistently, than with any of my standard shift cars, where it is all too easy to either spin the tires too much, or not enough, either one of which spoils the launch. I'm talking about on the street, the only place this car has been, where traction conditions vary wildly.:yesnod:

Some fun!!!