CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C5 General (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general-103/)
-   -   [Z06] Vredestein Sessanta tires - anyone heard about these ? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general/1673048-vredestein-sessanta-tires-anyone-heard-about-these.html)

bernrex 04-25-2007 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by kbreese (Post 1559958797)

No, it is absolutely incorrect that information needs to be or should be presented in such a manner. ;)

Those with the REAL WORLD experience get to 'rough up' on the novices ... to point out who really knows, and who is guessing about the question at hand.

John Wayne talked the talk ... and walked the walk. He also rode Point.

Remember that, when you take on those who have been in the saddle longer than you.

kbreese 04-25-2007 06:45 PM

lol benrex, you may go through life with your pants down and your arse up in the air for all the pompous people you deem as John Wayne in your life, but thats not my style.

Anyhow, John Wayne needs to realize that 95% of us here are not racing on ESPN, so we are more looking for general performance characteristics of a tire for street use and don't need to dissect details that will never even affect us. How many of us have our cars weight balanced, expertly aligned and have a pit crew ensuring exactness of all our suspension geometry etc etc.? What's that? None of us? Exactly. So some of the details he is getting into, while sometimes ignoring the larger picture, is really going to be useless to most of us.

ctusser 04-25-2007 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by u4ick (Post 1559961621)
You know I've got to tell you T, I'm new here and find alot of your "information" very usefull.

You should consider driveing your car on the street once in a while to get your head out of the clouds er off the race track.
Just a thought

I think I remember him saying he drives his car everywhere on the street, and drives it just to drive even with nowhere to go:) Although he comes off abrasive sometimes I try to read most of his posts b/c he usually has good information. He's probably just cranky b/c he can't get to the track enough and is suffering withdrawls from his racing days. ;)

bernrex 04-26-2007 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by kbreese (Post 1559974150)
lol benrex, you may go through life with your pants down and your arse up in the air for all the pompous people you deem as John Wayne in your life, but thats not my style.

Anyhow, John Wayne needs to realize that 95% of us here are not racing on ESPN, so we are more looking for general performance characteristics of a tire for street use and don't need to dissect details that will never even affect us. How many of us have our cars weight balanced, expertly aligned and have a pit crew ensuring exactness of all our suspension geometry etc etc.? What's that? None of us? Exactly. So some of the details he is getting into, while sometimes ignoring the larger picture, is really going to be useless to most of us.

:rofl: I see you're from NEW YORK. I now understand why you don't need the PEARLS that T gives out here on the Forum.

You're lucky to ever hit 70 in your neighborhood. Just buy some cheap, 40K mileage tires, and keep everything else 'stock'.

Have you considered a Prius ? ;)

bernrex 04-26-2007 11:57 AM

Going at bargain prices .........

Fronts @ 135.00 / Rears @ 150.00

Make these bids @ the bay .... if you want to feel lucky.

kbdub 04-26-2007 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by ctusser (Post 1559976897)
I think I remember him saying he drives his car everywhere on the street, and drives it just to drive even with nowhere to go:) Although he comes off abrasive sometimes I try to read most of his posts b/c he usually has good information. He's probably just cranky b/c he can't get to the track enough and is suffering withdrawls from his racing days. ;)

i just saw that he has 90,000 miles on his...

kbreese 04-26-2007 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by bernrex (Post 1559982389)
:rofl: I see you're from NEW YORK. I now understand why you don't need the PEARLS that T gives out here on the Forum.

You're lucky to ever hit 70 in your neighborhood. Just buy some cheap, 40K mileage tires, and keep everything else 'stock'.

Have you considered a Prius ? ;)

You do realize New York does not automatically = New York City, right? lol. I live on Long Island, pretty far out east..there's farms not too far down the road. I have plenty of roads to drive openly on, and well above 70 mph if I choose ;) There's a LOT of VERY fast street cars around here that would find your comments even more amusing than I did.:lol:

bernrex 04-27-2007 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by kbreese (Post 1559990024)
You do realize New York does not automatically = New York City, right? lol. I live on Long Island, pretty far out east..there's farms not too far down the road. I have plenty of roads to drive openly on, and well above 70 mph if I choose ;) There's a LOT of VERY fast street cars around here that would find your comments even more amusing than I did.:lol:

I've been to your neighborhood/island. Hard to get out of 2nd gear .... :D

Upstate N.Y. ..... now thats a scenic area, for a vette to stretch its legs.

zulatr 04-27-2007 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by bernrex (Post 1559999764)

great, now we've gone from bashing each other to where we live and drive.

still makes amuzing reading while chomping on a sandwich - better than reading email any day....

kbreese 04-27-2007 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by bernrex (Post 1559999764)

lol, so you've been here. Once? Well I actually live here and have lived here for about 9 years now. I think I know my surroundings a little better than you m8 ;) If you don't get out of 2nd gear on the LIE, Southern State Pkwy, Northern State Pkwy, Sunrise Highway, Ocean Parkway, or any other number of roads at most times other than rush hour, you are gonna get run over. And there are lots of open country-style back and side roads all over the island.

It all depends on where you are specifically. Obviously like any other parts of the country, some parts are conjested and city-like while other parts are open. Nassau county is pretty built up and conjested over all (closer to the city), but again, I am out east in Suffolk county and there are plenty of open roads to stretch your legs. And I am not a city slicker who's idea of an open road is a half mile stretch in between traffic lights, I grew up in the boonies.

zulatr 04-27-2007 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by kbreese (Post 1560004436)
lol, so you've been here. Once? Well I actually live here and have lived here for about 9 years now. I think I know my surroundings a little better than you m8 ;) If you don't get out of 2nd gear on the LIE, Southern State Pkwy, Northern State Pkwy, Sunrise Highway, Ocean Parkway, or any other number of roads at most times other than rush hour, you are gonna get run over. And there are lots of open country-style back and side roads all over the island.

It all depends on where you are specifically. Obviously like any other parts of the country, some parts are conjested and city-like while other parts are open. Nassau county is pretty built up and conjested over all (closer to the city), but again, I am out east in Suffolk county and there are plenty of open roads to stretch your legs. And I am not a city slicker who's idea of an open road is a half mile stretch in between traffic lights, I grew up in the boonies.

I grew up in Centerport. My dad was friends with Mark Donahue (yes, I'm over 50). My dad had a fuelie 64 roadster, Mark had a coupe, and I had a 350/350 67 SS Camaro (yes I know they didn't come with that engine that year, it was a transplant) that weighed 2850 pounds. My dad tought me to drift the car in one of the clover leafs on the Sagtigos parkway. We must have been there for three hours, and completely went through a set of (bias ply) tires. We also used to do 135+ mph speed runs on the seaford oysterbay expressway. Wouldn't try that now though...

Visiting now, things are much more crowded, but once you get out east it's still nice country and nice driving.

Where exactly are you? My dad is still there and I do visit in the Z often enough...

kbreese 04-27-2007 08:08 PM

Wow, very cool. Sounds like you had some good times here :cheers: I am in Shirley, exit 68 off of the LIE.

bernrex 05-03-2007 12:07 PM

My set of 4 arrive tomorrow.

May they perform as well as PS2's .... for 1/2 the price ;)

Twil1ght 05-03-2007 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by bernrex (Post 1560081909)
My set of 4 arrive tomorrow.

May they perform as well as PS2's .... for 1/2 the price ;)

I highly doubt that will be the case based on the harder compound required to get the 280 rating.

roSSco 05-03-2007 01:21 PM

Well that's certainly different!

http://i7.ebayimg.com/07/i/000/93/f9/4e64_3.JPG

DPG 05-03-2007 02:06 PM

^^^^^

hmmm... why would they do that? with the tread like that

jwenger 05-03-2007 03:13 PM

Darned if I know. I like the fact they beat out our F1's, PS2's and GS-D3's in tests and are so well priced. I would get them in a heart beat if my original F1's didn't have about 5,000 mi. left on them. Only thing I don't like is the mucked up looking tread pattern. But hey, who am I to question European tire engineers? They seem to have it going on, automotively speaking. All my friends would be asking if I bought some tread pattern rejects.

bernrex 05-03-2007 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Twil1ght (Post 1560082929)
I highly doubt that will be the case based on the harder compound required to get the 280 rating.

Must not of gotten your chance to run them @ Road Am. yet ...

Twil1ght 05-03-2007 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by bernrex (Post 1560097678)
Must not of gotten your chance to run them @ Road Am. yet ...

Nope...don't have them yet. Just speculating based on the 280 UTQG rating. They have yet to be put up against a tire of the quality of a PS2 or F1 Supercar, but they will eventually.

bernrex 05-03-2007 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Twil1ght (Post 1560103000)
Nope...don't have them yet. Just speculating based on the 280 UTQG rating.

Better start buying up all the 220 GY S/C's you can find :D