CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C5 General (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general-103/)
-   -   [Z06] Vredestein Sessanta tires - anyone heard about these ? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general/1673048-vredestein-sessanta-tires-anyone-heard-about-these.html)

Twil1ght 04-23-2007 01:38 PM

Let me see if I can provide a diplomatic explanation. Take for example this: in one tire test I was in back in my superbike days, we had a front/rear compound we really liked in the corners, however, it wouldn't hook up coming off the corners. We moved the the rear wheel .25 inch backward in the swingarm. Presto, it stuck like glue. That would be a chassis change, and a minor one at that. There is a lot more differences than that between a C4 and a C5, let alone a Z06. Thus rendering performance feedback other than basic information such as "the tire fell apart on the highway" from one chassis relatively unapplicable to the other.

FASTAZU 04-23-2007 01:45 PM

The post was...Vredestein Sessanta tires - anyone heard about these..

Just passing what I have found out about them to fellow Corvette owners...Putting 400+HP on the ground still works the same...

FASTAZU 04-23-2007 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by We Gone (Post 1559939578)
The post was...Vredestein Sessanta tires - anyone heard about these..

Just passing what I have found out about them to fellow Corvette owners...Putting 400+HP on the ground still works the same...

:thumbs: :cheers: :D

I submit to you vast and far superior knowledge.. And crawl back in my hole now

locobob 04-23-2007 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Twil1ght (Post 1559939645)
Yea...ok...whatever... you have now entered into an area you know NOTHING about. You're dealing with a person who could take you around a race track and make you wet yourself. Get over it already guy. I wasn't insulting your car.

:rolleyes: I had thought all of the arrogant, full of themselves types had advanced to the C6Z section... Kudos to you for bucking the trend. :thumbs:

Ryan L 04-23-2007 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by locobob (Post 1559940030)
:rolleyes: I had thought all of the arrogant, full of themselves types had advanced to the C6Z section... Kudos to you for bucking the trend. :thumbs:

C6Z.... :party:

Ryan L 04-23-2007 02:40 PM

The C4 guys probably say the same thing about us. :rofl:

FASTAZU 04-23-2007 02:49 PM

Not all.... some of us own C3s-C4s and C5s :thumbs: :flag:

bernrex 04-23-2007 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by We Gone (Post 1559938924)
A few of us on the C4 side are running them...here is a link

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1631965

Very interesting. Twil(#1)ght is tough on us .... but, he makes good points.

I wish he would test this tire out for us. Maybe we can find him a set ... at a price he can't refuse :lol:

kbreese 04-23-2007 06:14 PM

I see my buddy twilight is at it again. His Southern charm is only outweighed by his tunnel vision and arrogance.

Obviously we know the car will react and perform differently on different cars, but it's not like it's going to be 100% completely different. Most tires perform generally well or poorly across the board, and certain things like noise for example are going to be largely constant regardless of the car. So to act like his link is completely useless is asinine.

Thanks for the link "We Gone." Regardless of what Doctor Motorsport thinks the info is useful and does provide some insight.

kbreese 04-23-2007 06:27 PM

I feel the same way about you M8. If you really think there is absolutely no use in his link or any tire reviews outside of those performed on C5Z's, than you not only have a lack of knowledge on the subject, but a complete lack of common sense as well :cheers:

kbreese 04-23-2007 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Twil1ght (Post 1559943828)
you not having 1/10th of the experience I do

Well if thats the case, it's an embarrassment for you.

Furthermore, regardless of your opinion, the guy posted the link just trying to be helpful. There was no need for you to be rude and condescending. It seems you have 2 purposes on this forum: 1, to attempt to belittle people and their vehicles, and 2, to toot your own horn.

kbreese 04-23-2007 07:02 PM

Again, we already know the performance will vary, but not 100% in every way. There is insight to be gained. Damn man, have you no common sense at all? I guarantee you, MOST everyone interested in these tires went over and and read the C4 feedback. And there's a reason for that. And it's not because we are all morons while Doctor Motorsport shakes his head in shame at us, lol.

Ms Eliz 04-23-2007 07:02 PM

:boxing :beatdeadhorse: :chill: :banghead: :bs :leaving:

JerriVette 04-23-2007 07:24 PM

Having gone through two sets of goodyears and soon to be defunct michelin pilots I think I might just give these a try.

Price seems good so might have to at the very least consider them.

Thanks for the heads up.

kbreese 04-23-2007 07:52 PM

They do seem promising, but the one thing I can't really get over is how they look from behind with the tread going the opposite way on the one tire. I don't like the non-uniform look and it makes it look like one of the tires was put on wrong, lol.

Twil1ght 04-23-2007 08:19 PM

...that will affect more than the look.

Ryan L 04-23-2007 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by kbreese (Post 1559944919)
They do seem promising, but the one thing I can't really get over is how they look from behind with the tread going the opposite way on the one tire. I don't like the non-uniform look and it makes it look like one of the tires was put on wrong, lol.

They are directional to an extent, just like the Supercars. If you look closer, the one type of tread is always on the outside.

kbreese 04-23-2007 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by Ryan L (Post 1559946301)
They are directional to an extent, just like the Supercars. If you look closer, the one type of tread is always on the outside.

Look at the pictures on the C4 link. With these tires it's blatant and it looks quite strange IMO.

ptindall 04-23-2007 09:35 PM

I also vote for Twi1ight to make them his next set and track them so we can get an educated opinion. :D Come on, whats the worst that could happen? Huh, huh, what da ya think? I read the C4 link and didn't find it helpful even if I had a C4. "I can spin 'em" doesn't help much. :bigears

Twil1ght 04-23-2007 09:40 PM

What you will find with that much variation in the contact patch from side to side is that the car will want to move slightly laterally during acceleration on the limit due to available traction. The difference will also manefest itself in water evacuation as one side will be trying to move water to the outside of the tire and the other side will be moving water to the inside of the tire. This would be where I would be most concerned as it could present a tricky circumstance in a hydroplane situation. During hard cornering there will likely be a very, very, minor difference in adhesion on the limit - not even likely to be noticed by but a few drivers. On the slower corner exits you will notice the slight lateral issue crop up depending on which way you are cornering.

EDIT: As for testing them - I have Road Atlanta on my short to do list, and now that I take the time to actually look at my schedule it's this friggen weekend (DOH) and I don't see how I could possibly get them in time to arrange that.