CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C5 General (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general-103/)
-   -   [Z06] Vredestein Sessanta tires - anyone heard about these ? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general/1673048-vredestein-sessanta-tires-anyone-heard-about-these.html)

zQuick28 11-01-2007 06:51 PM

:lol:

Originally Posted by kbdub (Post 1562569828)
These tires suck. Do not buy them. Having loads of grip rain or shine, hot or cold makes our cars boring. I miss my F1's not hooking up when the temp drops below 60.

(f'n price is going to be $1200 next year when i want to replace them because they are so popular:willy: )

LOL, that is good, you wanna slip and slide....:lol:

Mac11 11-04-2007 08:47 AM

They suck so bad that "Tom's" has picked them up as a distributor and he's got a post up with some size info and prices.:ack:

Quick Silver Z 11-04-2007 09:03 AM

Still no wear rating for these tyres??? :bigears :lurk:

BitViper 11-04-2007 09:06 AM

Says 280 on the tire itself...

I got mine on..they are VERY quiet.....The Guys at the Goodyear store where I had them mounted were vey impressed with them and said that from the other sets that the've seen they wear about the same as the GS-D3's

Quick Silver Z 11-04-2007 09:20 AM

Thanks BV, that's a good enuff number! Looks like these tires will do the trick... :D

waddisme 11-06-2007 09:39 AM

Mine come tomorrow. I can't wait to get them on. The Michs I have are so bad, I thought I had a flat going home yesterday. Everyone is getting them from TOMZ, but the place I ordered from are far less than his. I just hope there are no issues!

Hooker 11-06-2007 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by BitViper (Post 1562551863)
Are you running the 275's up front as well?

Sorry Bit .... been out of town. Yes, I mounted the 275's up front - 295's rear. 17/18 configuration. The 275's are not a wheel well issue. Luv 'em. Get 'em. Drive 'em hard.

Be sure you get a 4-wheel alignment right after mounting. Just because it's a smart thing to do. ;)

BitViper 11-06-2007 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Hooker (Post 1562634336)
Sorry Bit .... been out of town. Yes, I mounted the 275's up front - 295's rear. 17/18 configuration. The 275's are not a wheel well issue. Luv 'em. Get 'em. Drive 'em hard.

Be sure you get a 4-wheel alignment right after mounting. Just because it's a smart thing to do. ;)

Too late..already bought'em and mounted them....so far...I like them

Diceman9 11-16-2007 11:59 AM

Got them mounted yesterday.... so far seems good but all new tires are good. They do seem a little hard riding. What pressure is everybody using in these?

zQuick28 11-16-2007 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Diceman9 (Post 1562777455)
Got them mounted yesterday.... so far seems good but all new tires are good. They do seem a little hard riding. What pressure is everybody using in these?

17" tire???
if so I would say from 26 PSI to 32 PSI, depending on the ride you like.
I have mine set at 27 PSI, and they are great.

Joy of 6 11-17-2007 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by Diceman9 (Post 1562777455)

Just returned from Spring Mt and ran 34 rear and 37 front (cold) and worked quite well

Diceman9 11-17-2007 11:08 AM

I checked mine and they had about 37-38. Took them down to 28. Much better......

RainJ 11-17-2007 07:22 PM

Who has the best price on these? (20" and 19")

floyd66 11-18-2007 08:05 AM

[B]I got them 3 days ago. Everything good I read here is true. WOW smooth, quiet, good bite. Great tires . Price is a bonus/B]

BitViper 11-18-2007 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by RainJ (Post 1562795408)
Who has the best price on these? (20" and 19")

Ive not seena significant diffrence between vendors and online sellers of theses tires....

BTW..Ive bought two sets in the past 3 weeks..I think I like them

LO PHAT 11-18-2007 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by BitViper (Post 1562543177)
Am I missing somthing...are there left and right sides?
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...7th/Tires1.jpg

Looks like I have two of the same

Despite the fact that my mother may have taught me about not saying anything unless I had something nice to say, I simply must comment.

THESE TIRES LOOK AWFUL!

Running these would be like buying directional tires and then mounting them backwards on one side of the car. The company can argue this whatever way they want to, but it is just plain cheap of them not to produce two molds for tires that have a directional (even if only in appearance) pattern.

It reminds me of the low cost aftermarket aluminum wheels that appear to be spinning forward on one side of the vehicle and backwards on the other side because the manufacturer only cast one wheel. Ack!

If having a symmetrical car means paying more for tires, then I am willing to pay more....

LO PHAT

zQuick28 11-18-2007 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by LO PHAT (Post 1562801683)
Despite the fact that my mother may have taught me about not saying anything unless I had something nice to say, I simply must comment.

THESE TIRES LOOK AWFUL!

Running these would be like buying directional tires and then mounting them backwards on one side of the car. The company can argue this whatever way they want to, but it is just plain cheap of them not to produce two molds for tires that have a directional (even if only in appearance) pattern.

It reminds me of the low cost aftermarket aluminum wheels that appear to be spinning forward on one side of the vehicle and backwards on the other side because the manufacturer only cast one wheel. Ack!

If having a symmetrical car means paying more for tires, then I am willing to pay more....

LO PHAT

LOL, you think these look awful??????
OK....
If you did the research, these tires are designed this way, the design enables you to be able to drive the piss out of these, especially when it is raining.... No slipping, no sliding, and the way they distribute water out of the tire is awsome!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Silver Z 11-18-2007 10:43 AM

Performance and price are paramount on my next tire decision, tread design (looks) is way down on the list.

Diceman9 11-18-2007 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by LO PHAT (Post 1562801683)

THESE TIRES LOOK AWFUL!

LO PHAT

Thats funny :rofl: I have got many compliments about the tread. To each their own.......:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :leaving:

g1k05 11-18-2007 11:33 PM

these tires are horrible. i would never buy a set. you guys should stop buying them too!:willy: :willy: :leaving: