CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Southwest (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/southwest-44/)
-   -   [DFW] New Place for a Vette Gathering (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/southwest/1121652-dfw-new-place-for-a-vette-gathering.html)

RocketSapp 06-24-2005 04:24 PM

[DFW] New Place for a Vette Gathering

OK Guys I know that we have been saddened by the Ricers showing up at the Tuesday Car GTG in Plano. I just went to lunch at a new place and it's owned by a gear head. When we got there we found an 02 and a 79 Vette parked ON the walk by the entrance. I talked to the owners for about 30 to 40 minutes. Besides the Vettes he has 2 GTOs, Cuda, 60s series Vette *I think*, a 23 or 24 Model T Roadster Drag Car (10.78 Sec car). A couple Dragsters, a "mini" Forumula race car....

They are super intrested in us showing up for a GTG. They are also talking about having weekly car shows. They were talking about $10.00 per person to enter and them supplying the prizes.

Here is their web site...

http://www.myCruisers.com/

They are located in South Frisco. On Preston north of 121 about one light. North East corner, East of the Mall.

What do yall think? Shall we plan a Vette only GTG for Corvette Forum Members?

***************** UPDATE **************

OK, Looks like things are going to happen Tuesday at 8:00pm. If you need directions you can find them here on the web site.

http://www.MYCRUISERS.COM/directions.html

I will let them know that we are going to be there this Tuesday. If we like the place we can talk to them about this being a regular thing.

**************** UPDATE 2 *************

Just got an email back from Cruisers. They have us on the Calendar and will be ready for us.

tractorcrusher 06-24-2005 05:39 PM

That's literally 2 miles from my house, if you guys decide to meet up there I'll definately come out to check out your rides. (don't have a vette, yet)

Big Ron 77 06-24-2005 05:54 PM

I'm at 121 and Coit...sounds good to me! I've not checked out this place, but I will now!

Oh, for you Plano/Frisco people who don't know, Cruiser's is in the old Bahama Breeze location.

sxeC7 06-24-2005 05:55 PM

Hey Tim, can't you find someplace further away? :D

Sounds like a winner. Let's see how many Vettes we can round up. Any interest in changing to Thursday night or is Tuesday still the best for everybody?

Shame about Walmarts, but it was getting out of hand and just a matter of time before it got shutdown.

Big Ron 77 06-24-2005 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by sxe60
Hey Tim, can't you find someplace further away? :D

Sounds like a winner. Let's see how many Vettes we can round up. Any interest in changing to Thursday night or is Tuesday still the best for everybody?

Shame about Walmarts, but it was getting out of hand and just a matter of time before it got shutdown.

Hey George,

From their website, it looks like they have Mondays and Tuesdays open for Cruise Nights, but Wed.-Sun. is live music or some other venue that may make it too crowded.

Nice big lot though, with strip mall parking right behind it.

Big Ron 77 06-24-2005 06:04 PM

I'm in and I know Bad_Tcr will bring his sweet C5, and I can get at least one more C6 I know.

C5dream 06-24-2005 06:52 PM

You can count me in.

So what happened to the Walmart GTG? I missed a couple of Tuesdays.

AC54ME 06-24-2005 06:53 PM

We'll attend - if it only Vettes.

Ricers ruined the last GTG.

Still Tuesdays?

sxeC7 06-24-2005 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by C5dream
You can count me in.

So what happened to the Walmart GTG? I missed a couple of Tuesdays.

An idiot on a crotch rocket did a rear then a nose wheelie right up the parking lot lane and almost to the front door. :smash:

Even if that didn't happen, it was time to move on. Too many ricers, bikers, street racers, and teenie boppers were showing up. :(

sxeC7 06-24-2005 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Big Ron 77
Hey George,

From their website, it looks like they have Mondays and Tuesdays open for Cruise Nights, but Wed.-Sun. is live music or some other venue that may make it too crowded.

Nice big lot though, with strip mall parking right behind it.

Good point Ron, so then it stays Tuesday night about 8PM.

sxeC7 06-24-2005 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by AC54ME

Still Tuesdays?

As far as I'm concerned and I think everybody else here agrees, it should be just Vettes and it looks like Tuesday nights around 8PM is the time. :thumbs:

BSiegPaint 06-24-2005 10:04 PM

VERY close to me, too, and such that I could make it most Tuesdays even if it was just for a few minutes. :cheers:

CrossedFlags77 06-24-2005 10:21 PM

Sounds good to me.

Big Ron 77 06-24-2005 10:46 PM

Still Tuesdays?

Great. We still need to get together for lunch or something one day. Hope all is well.

I'm running out to the GTG in Wautauga tomorrow night...any Plano/Frisco area people want to meet up and caravan?

AMGPilot 06-25-2005 10:28 AM

RocketSapp,

That sounds good to me. I will try to be there :thumbs:

Skull One 06-25-2005 10:47 AM

RocketSapp,
You are my hero ( for now ;) )

Thanks for setting this up. I should be there around 8pm.

RocketSapp 06-25-2005 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Skull One
RocketSapp,
You are my hero ( for now ;) )

Thanks for setting this up. I should be there around 8pm.

Skull One,

Wow... Never been a hero before... I am sure it will not be long lived.

Everyone else,

I updated the first message in this thread with a link to the directions and the day and time. I would like to get some form of a head count so I can let them know what to expect.

RocketSapp 06-25-2005 12:33 PM

Just got email from Cruisers. They are looking forward to us being there. Pass the word around to everyone about this. Lets see if we can fill the place :-).

Tim

Big Ron 77 06-25-2005 12:42 PM

I'm in and will spread the word.

BAD_TCR 06-25-2005 12:51 PM

I'm in and I know Bad_Tcr will bring his sweet C5, and I can get at least one more C6 I know.

Sigh....not going to happen for me. Wife is scheduled (inducing) for labor Tuesday. All other days after that I will be there. It's only rock throw from my house. Just ate dinner there the other night too. Pretty good. Kind of wondered why they only had a stock C5 in front, but hey any restaurant that puts vettes out front is good for me.. :) See you all soon.

RocketSapp 06-25-2005 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by BAD_TCR
Sigh....not going to happen for me. Wife is scheduled (inducing) for labor Tuesday. All other days after that I will be there. It's only rock throw from my house. Just ate dinner there the other night too. Pretty good. Kind of wondered why they only had a stock C5 in front, but hey any restaurant that puts vettes out front is good for me.. :) See you all soon.

Well, if you need to store your Vette for a while they will put it inside where the T Roadster is. That way it will not be JUST a Stock C5 :D.

But.... Congrats on the child! That is going to be WAY more important than any car gathering!

ratpack1968 06-25-2005 02:26 PM

I'm definitely in for a Vettes only GTG. You picked a great location. I stayed away from the last one due to the teeny bopper, ricer, coffee can muffler crowd. Hopefully they will not follow. Any older vettes likely to show up? I'll bring my '65 L-79 roadster.

sxeC7 06-25-2005 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by ratpack1968
I'll bring my '65 L-79 roadster.

Bring it on, the older the better! :thumbs:

Sometimes, I wish I'd have kept my '60 C1. :yesnod:

RocketSapp 06-26-2005 11:33 AM

ttt

Lets not let this one get lost in the Shuffling Madness.

And yes... by all means bring that 65 along.

Tim

Big Ron 77 06-26-2005 05:21 PM

Partial head count:
RocketSapp
Sxe60
bdavidj
BSiegPaint
ratpack
AC54ME
SkullOne
CrossedFlags77
C5Dream
Vette-Pilot (maybe)
Big Ron
Bad_Tcr (would be except for wife having baby...lack of dedication is disturbing ;))

Anybody missed, pulling out or not officially announced?

CrossedFlags77 06-26-2005 07:48 PM

The new parts I need to get back on the road will not be at my house til Tuesday so it looks like I won't be able to make it this week. Definetly will next week.

AC54ME 06-26-2005 07:53 PM

Add C54ME2 - otherwise the S/O will be upset :lol:

Partial head count:
RocketSapp
Sxe60
bdavidj
BSiegPaint
ratpack
AC54ME
SkullOne
CrossedFlags77
C5Dream
Vette-Pilot (maybe)
Big Ron
Bad_Tcr (would be except for wife having baby...lack of dedication is disturbing ;))

Big Ron 77 06-26-2005 10:08 PM

Add C54ME2 - otherwise the S/O will be upset :lol:

I would never dream of leaving out the C/O (more appropriate term, right?)! See you folks on Tuesday. :thumbs:

Big Ron 77 06-26-2005 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by CrossedFlags77
The new parts I need to get back on the road will not be at my house til Tuesday so it looks like I won't be able to make it this week. Definetly will next week.

Hate to hear it. Your car is giving me withdrawals from the yellow '69 I had. Hope I get to see it next week then.

BSiegPaint 06-26-2005 11:18 PM

OK, I'm really getting serious about this... I pulled the '71 out this evening and clay barred the whole car and most of the chrome, then waxed her up as good as she'll get. Girl may be old, but she's all gussied up fer the shindig. :thumbs:

BSiegPaint 06-27-2005 12:57 PM

OH, JEEEEEEZZZZ!!!!!

I gotta go to LA tomorrow morning.

Right now I'm scheduled back on the 4:25 flight which gets me into DFW at 9:30 :(

If I get finished up with the job early (which I really should, no problem, I'll get standby to get back here earlier. I didn't stay up half of last night cleaning and waxing the '71 just to have it sit in the garage another week... :rolleyes:

Gray Fox 06-27-2005 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by BSiegPaint
OH, JEEEEEEZZZZ!!!!!

Right now I'm scheduled back on the 4:25 flight which gets me into DFW at 9:30 :(

If I get finished up with the job early (which I really should, no problem, I'll get standby to get back here earlier. I didn't stay up half of last night cleaning and waxing the '71 just to have it sit in the garage another week... :rolleyes:

Leave me the keys!!! :eek:

icedancer 06-27-2005 02:34 PM

Was hoping to drop in for your Tuesday night DFW GTG on the way home, but am stuck in Chicago longer than expected.

Bad connection somewhere between the fuel pump and the computer that permits it to work, it seems (so far). :(

At least the problem repeated (finally) at the service desk before I drove away.

Gonna have to catch you all on my next roadtrip!

Was hoping to see Brian, Mary, Dennis, Jelena and a few others again on the way home.

Stay well, wave at all Vettes, whether they wave back or not!

Gray Fox 06-27-2005 03:28 PM

:seeya Roy!!!

Well dang the bad luck - we were hoping to see you too!!

Hope all goes well with the car!!

Oh and since you can't see me, here's something to remember me by....
http://photos.imageevent.com/icedanc...e/100_0139.JPG

SPD FRK 06-27-2005 03:28 PM

Partial head count:
RocketSapp
Sxe60
bdavidj
BSiegPaint
ratpack
AC54ME
SkullOne
CrossedFlags77
C5Dream
Vette-Pilot (maybe)
Big Ron

Add me To the list of attendees: SPD FRK

This place is going to be a good meeting place for gear heads,
plus I can almost hit the building throwing rocks from my house.
On a side not I stayed and talked to the Policeman after everyone left last week and he suggested that all the kids move to the Sams lot since they close at 09:00pm. Not like he was condoning the activities of a few idiots but they can stay on that end of town and race on freeway.OH! :eek: and Plano's waiting on this activity to start along with DPS. :willy:

My thoughts are we need to be far away from that venue as possible. I like to race but in a controlled enviorment.

see ya'll Tuesday
Ben

SPD FRK 06-27-2005 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Gray Fox
:seeya Roy!!!

Well dang the bad luck - we were hoping to see you too!!

Hope all goes well with the car!!

Oh and since you can't see me, here's something to remember me by....
http://photos.imageevent.com/icedanc...e/100_0139.JPG

Theres a lot of black colored asphalt around....how's he goin to know when its you. :lolg: :lolg:

Big Ron 77 06-27-2005 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by SPD FRK

On a side not I stayed and talked to the Policeman after everyone left last week and he suggested that all the kids move to the Sams lot since they close at 09:00pm. Not like he was condoning the activities of a few idiots but they can stay on that end of town and race on freeway.OH! :eek: and Plano's waiting on this activity to start along with DPS. :willy:

My thoughts are we need to be far away from that venue as possible. I like to race but in a controlled enviorment.

see ya'll Tuesday
Ben

Glad to hear you'll make it Ben. It is a short drive for us! Is Andy coming out to (oh, and Bailey of course)?

See ya tomorrow.

Big Ron 77 06-27-2005 04:41 PM

OH, JEEEEEEZZZZ!!!!!

Bob, that's terrible. But, I have an open garage space, and I will take your '71 for you while you're gone...just the kind of generous, giving person I am. Really, not more than 300 miles/day...promise. :D That way at least the car doesn't have to miss the GTG.

WrEcKeD1101 06-27-2005 05:00 PM

Bob, that's terrible. But, I have an open garage space, and I will take your '71 for you while you're gone...just the kind of generous, giving person I am. Really, not more than 300 miles/day...promise. :D That way at least the car doesn't have to miss the GTG.

:lol: And while your out putting around in the '71, it would be a shame for that C6 to be neglected. I have a space in my garage for it and I promise as well, no more than 299 miles/day. :rofl:

Big Ron 77 06-27-2005 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by WrEcKeD1101
:lol: And while your out putting around in the '71, it would be a shame for that C6 to be neglected. I have a space in my garage for it and I promise as well, no more than 299 miles/day. :rofl:

And which one of you will be doing the driving? Hell, we can just play musical Vettes for a month or two!!

We can put names on cards at Xmas and draw who gets to drive what :rofl:. Scott's car comes with ear protection! I'm thinking you have to have the badazz stereo, otherwise you would never hear anything beyond the sweet sound of raw power.

You guys coming out tomorrow?

WrEcKeD1101 06-27-2005 05:13 PM

Correct me if I am wrong, but in musical chairs, isn't someone left standing without a chair? :lol: My luck, I'll be the one without the vette!

I am going to try to make it. I may be getting out of work a little late, unless I drive the vette to work. Hmmm...now there's a thought!

Big Ron 77 06-27-2005 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by WrEcKeD1101
Correct me if I am wrong, but in musical chairs, isn't someone left standing without a chair? :lol: My luck, I'll be the one without the vette!

I am going to try to make it. I may be getting out of work a little late, unless I drive the vette to work. Hmmm...now there's a thought!

Yeah, but Bob has 2 Vettes the '71 and the '04, so nobody has to stand!

Hope you make it out. :thumbs:

sxeC7 06-27-2005 05:44 PM

see ya'll Tuesday
Ben

I guess I didn't move far enough North seeing how this new place is in most of your backyards. :D

Good point about moving to Sam's parking lot. That get together was getting out of hand. :nono: :crazy: It's something we definitely need to be away from. :yesnod:

vettesvx 06-27-2005 07:47 PM

Looking forward to my first GTG

I've been to Cruisers and its a very good place and definitely is into accomadating those of us that are into Classics, I'll be bringing my '67.

RocketSapp 06-27-2005 09:49 PM

I talked to Cruisers yesterday and told them 10 to 15 Vettes. They are going to be ready for us.

Tim

Budman68 06-27-2005 10:34 PM

I'm in, not a pretty vette, but fast.....Budman

SmokeyTirez 06-27-2005 11:37 PM

How late will you guys be out there? I may try to make both GTGs. A buddy of mine with a sweet Impala police edition LT-1 wants to take it out for the Plano GTG. So maybe after we check that out for a while we'll swing by the CF GTG. Woohoo!

But why you gotta have everything on the same night? And at the same time! ;)

Thx for settin this up!

LeMansBlue04 06-28-2005 12:26 AM

Glad to hear you'll make it Ben. It is a short drive for us! Is Andy coming out to (oh, and Bailey of course)?

See ya tomorrow.

For sure Bailey and I can make it but the Vette is still up at 21st having a Tranny put in it.

I just knew those kids were gonna ruin it. I say we all vote for a 12 month school year and get e'm off the streets. :thumbs:

sxeC7 06-28-2005 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by SmokeyTirez

But why you gotta have everything on the same night? And at the same time! ;)

Thx for settin this up!

Read the previous posts and you'll see that the Plano GTG is not welcome anymore at the Walmart parking lot because of a few idiots. :crazy: Plus, it was becoming a Ricer, Biker, Teeny-bopper hang out. :smash:

The Corvette Forum Members decided to do their own Vettes only GTG at Cruiser's.:thumbs:

sxeC7 06-28-2005 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by Budman78

The faster they go the prettier they get or as Forest says "Handsome is as Handsome does". :thumbs:

sxeC7 06-28-2005 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by RocketSapp
I talked to Cruisers yesterday and told them 10 to 15 Vettes. They are going to be ready for us.

Tim

Hey Tim, you may have to revise that number upwards. :thumbs:

ratpack1968 06-28-2005 09:39 AM

Hey vettesvx,

I notice you're in McKinney. I'm at Virginia/Lake Forest. Let me know if you want to hook up somewhere in McKinney and run down to Frisco, I'll be bringing my '65.

ST31 06-28-2005 09:53 AM

New to the forum and a vette

Hi everyone,

I am new to the forum as of last night. I was referred to your site by the guys at Cruisers after asking them about car shows and gatherings.

I just bought my first vette (1963 Daytona Blue Stingray) about two months ago and love it.

I can not seem to load pictures yet so here is a link. http://photos.yahoo.com/jst22003

Count me in tonight as well. I look forward to meeting all of you.

Jim :flag:

Skull One 06-28-2005 10:27 AM

ST31,
Welcome to CF and glad you will be able to make it tonight. And as a warning, I will be groveling for a chance to check out your '63 and sit in the drivers seat. :)

ST31 06-28-2005 10:43 AM

A good friend of mine here locally has four vettes including his newest one. A perfect light blue with white top 1970 convertible 454, 4 speed, with only about 32K miles on it I believe. It's sitting in my garage now because he ran out of room in his. His wife wanted her spot back. My neighbors are wondering what the hell I am up to with all of the new cars, LOL :)

I'll ask him if he can make it tonight as well.

ST31 06-28-2005 10:57 AM

Just talked to my friend. Looks like he is in for tonight as well. :cheers:

Big Ron 77 06-28-2005 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by LeMansBlue04
For sure Bailey and I can make it but the Vette is still up at 21st having a Tranny put in it.

I just knew those kids were gonna ruin it. I say we all vote for a 12 month school year and get e'm off the streets. :thumbs:

I just talked to John today...ordered my headers. The Vette can make the next one.

See you tonight. :cheers:

Big Ron 77 06-28-2005 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by ST31
Hi everyone,

I am new to the forum as of last night. I was referred to your site by the guys at Cruisers after asking them about car shows and gatherings.

I just bought my first vette (1963 Daytona Blue Stingray) about two months ago and love it.

I can not seem to load pictures yet so here is a link. http://photos.yahoo.com/jst22003

Count me in tonight as well. I look forward to meeting all of you.

Jim :flag:

Jim, that's great. To be new to Vettes, you sure did it right from the start :thumbs:. I'm having C2/C3 withdrawals, and I feel money slowly ebbing from my fingers in the next few months.

See you tonight.

Big Ron 77 06-28-2005 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Budman78

Are you kidding...I want to check that puppy out...nice work on the conversion :thumbs:

Big Ron 77 06-28-2005 11:28 AM

Tim

It's looking like 20 or so...hopefully, with some nice C2s and at least one C3 (if Bob can't make it) thrown in, a C4, C5s and a couple C6s.

Somebody needs to bring a '62 or under in so we can round out the generations! :cool:

BAMF AE 06-28-2005 12:03 PM

Alright...............Guess I'll have to pull out my Mako Shark II and bring that bad-boy to the show tonight!

sxeC7 06-28-2005 01:49 PM

It's looking like 20 or so...hopefully, with some nice C2s and at least one C3 (if Bob can't make it) thrown in, a C4, C5s and a couple C6s.

Somebody needs to bring a '62 or under in so we can round out the generations! :cool:

:iagree: I swapped my '60 C1 for the C5 Vert and now I'm having withdrawls too. :crazy:

Budman68 06-28-2005 02:00 PM

I'll try to get some more C-3's out tonight.

RocketSapp 06-28-2005 02:30 PM

I will email them to up the count....

This is great!

Tim

ST31 06-28-2005 02:37 PM

Be sure to tell them we want the parking off of the outside patio. Ask them to cone it off. It has been when I was there in the past but that was on opening day and last Friday night.

ST31

tracdogg2 06-28-2005 02:48 PM

I'm in!

SPD FRK 06-28-2005 03:51 PM

Man!....we don't need no stinkin' ricers.....we got good ole' American Muscle.:D

what happens if we dominate the parking area.
Damn our own mini-cruise in.:willy:

cleaning up the car....boy I love this stuff !!
Ben

RocketSapp 06-28-2005 03:53 PM

Man!....we don't need no stinkin' ricers.....we got good ole' American Muscle.:D

what happens if we dominate the parking area.
Damn our own mini-cruise in.:willy:

cleaning up the car....boy I love this stuff !!
Ben

We will dominate the parking lot. But they have a ton of room so that is OK. And if we fill up the parking lot then Cruisers will be full as well and they will be happy.

I might even go pressure wash off the surface dust from the car.

RocketSapp\Tim

ST31 06-28-2005 04:19 PM

6 Attachment(s)
OK, it's official I am now a paid member. My buddy and I are looking forward to meeting everyone for the first time tonight with our cars.

His latest project is rebuilding a 58 or 59 (not sure of the year) with a new frame and C5 suspension, engine and tranny. Here are a couple of pictures.

ST31 06-28-2005 04:25 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is a picture of my 63 and his 65 when I was storing it for him in my garage. Now I have the 70 there.

sxeC7 06-28-2005 04:31 PM

OK, it's official I am now a paid member. My buddy and I are looking forward to meeting everyone for the first time tonight with our cars.

His latest project is rebuilding a 58 or 59 (not sure of the year) with a new frame and C5 suspension, engine and tranny. Here are a couple of pictures.

That looks like it's going to be a sweet ride.:thumbs:

RocketSapp 06-28-2005 04:33 PM

Here is a picture of my 63 and his 65 when I was storing it for him in my garage. Now I have the 70 there.

If you need me to drop by and drive one over tonight just drop me a message.. :D

Tim

ST31 06-28-2005 05:23 PM

2 Attachment(s)

If you need me to drop by and drive one over tonight just drop me a message.. :D

Tim

I could let you drive my other car, but apparently that would not go over to well with this crowd, LOL.

RocketSapp 06-28-2005 05:34 PM

I could let you drive my other car, but apparently that would not go over to well with this crowd, LOL.

OH No... I would drive that one... There is a pond over in that area and I hear that they skip like stones :D :D :D

On a real side note.... They have been told that there will be 20+ Vettes and the parking will be on the south side by the patio.

Skull One 06-28-2005 05:43 PM

WOW, 20+... :willy:

And this might become weekly? :hurray:

:party:

Nate '69 06-28-2005 05:48 PM

I'll def make it in a few weeks with the 69

chupacabra1974 06-28-2005 06:50 PM

How late do you think you guys are going be up there this evening?

My wife and I are meeting some people for dinner, but might be able to make it out when we're done.

Sean99SS 06-28-2005 06:53 PM

How late will yall be out there cause the gf doesn't get off till 9?

Haha as chupa asks the same question

RocketSapp 06-28-2005 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by chupacabra1974

My wife and I are meeting some people for dinner, but might be able to make it out when we're done.

Well, the ones in the Plano Walmart parking lot started around 8 and I have left there before at 11:30 and there were still guys showing up. I would think we might be a little late in the evening since we are indoors with food and drinks.

Call me if you want. 972-567-6740 and I will let you know if there are people still there.

Tim

Big Ron 77 06-28-2005 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by chupacabra1974

I would think the majority would still be around at 10pm...the old Plano location lasted until at least 11pm, but that's when the squirts had curfiew, I think.

EMINENT 1 06-28-2005 09:53 PM

If I get mine back by this weekend or Monday, I might do a drive by farting.

ST31 06-28-2005 11:19 PM

Great meeting everyone tonight and having a chance to see your cars. Count me in on Tuesday nights. :cheers:

Jim
ST31

sxeC7 06-28-2005 11:54 PM

Tim you did good! Nice turn out and a lot of neat Vettes. It was a fun evening. :thumbs:

Budman68 06-29-2005 12:01 AM

Had fun too. I had to drive through the mall parking lot to get my headlights to pop up. I guess I haven't used them in a while and they didn't want to wake up. Got to love old cars. Great fun.

SmokeyTirez 06-29-2005 12:09 AM

My buddy and I got there a little late. I didn't head in (I'm not much of a social butterfly). Next time I'll get there on time so I can meet everyone before getting situated into the restaurant. Neat place! Thanks so much for getting this going!

-Smokey

BSiegPaint 06-29-2005 12:32 AM

[boy scout] I hereby swear that If I don't bing the 'vette next week I will show up in a skirt [/boy scout]

Sorry I missed some of you, but my worst flight fears came true and I didn't get home on an earlier flight from LA. Stood in LAX for 4 hours on standby and ended up only beating my original flight home by 30 minutes :rolleyes: Next week... :thumbs:

Big Ron 77 06-29-2005 11:22 AM

[boy scout] I hereby swear that If I don't bing the 'vette next week I will show up in a skirt [/boy scout]

Sorry I missed some of you, but my worst flight fears came true and I didn't get home on an earlier flight from LA. Stood in LAX for 4 hours on standby and ended up only beating my original flight home by 30 minutes :rolleyes: Next week... :thumbs:

Yeah Bob, but the important thing is that you stopped by before worrying about petty things like your wife and child...that's the kind of dedication we like to see!!! Get any race offers in the Sable when you left? :rofl:

Good crowd, great cars and awesome food. This is a pristine locale...thanks again Tim.

Good to see everybody last night, see some of you again Saturday at the Xtreme Vette Show down at 190 and Coit.

Loved seeing the C2s out last night too... :eek:

RocketSapp 06-29-2005 11:25 AM

Good crowd, great cars and awesome food. This is a pristine locale...thanks again Tim.

It was my pleasure... I think I enjoyed it just as much as everyone else.

Tim

BSiegPaint 06-29-2005 11:42 AM

Get any race offers in the Sable when you left? :rofl: :eek:

You didn't see me on your left when you turned onto Coit? :lol: Man, I was FLYIN'.

73'Vette 06-29-2005 07:23 PM

Not sure my vette is as up to par as some of yours are, but I'm considering showing up sometime or another anyways. Sounds like you all had a good time.

RocketSapp 06-29-2005 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by 73'Vette
Not sure my vette is as up to par as some of yours are, but I'm considering showing up sometime or another anyways. Sounds like you all had a good time.

Dude... If you had seen my 89 you would not even be saying something like that. Bring her on out... Yall will love it.

Tim

BSiegPaint 06-29-2005 10:04 PM

I have a '71 that's got plenty of bruises, but I'll be out there with it next Tues. Come on down! We need more C3's out there :thumbs:

Budman68 06-29-2005 10:32 PM

My vette looks like a$$. I wouldn't worry about it. Run what you brung... :thumbs:

Pewter_Mike 06-29-2005 11:50 PM

I'll be out there next week...I've seen the place a couple of times on my way to the RoughRider's ball games and thought it looked interesting... Looking forward to meeting some local CF members :cool:

:cheers:

RocketSapp 06-30-2005 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Pewter_Mike
I'll be out there next week...I've seen the place a couple of times on my way to the RoughRider's ball games and thought it looked interesting... Looking forward to meeting some local CF members :cool:

:cheers:

We look forward to seeing you and your car next week. I have a lady at work that has a Pewter 99 that is a DD. Never been in it but it sure looks nice. You know... now that I think about it... I have never been for a ride in a C5 at all. Just C3s and my C4. Bummer...

Maybe I can get someone to take me for a ride on Tuesday. Then I can work on ST31 to let me drive his around a bit :D :cheers: .

Big Ron 77 06-30-2005 07:51 PM

We look forward to seeing you and your car next week. I have a lady at work that has a Pewter 99 that is a DD. Never been in it but it sure looks nice.

The lady is a "DD", or the car is a daily driver...I bet they both look nice. :rofl:

ST31 06-30-2005 11:55 PM

Maybe I can get someone to take me for a ride on Tuesday. Then I can work on ST31 to let me drive his around a bit :D :cheers: .

Rocket, you are just determined to drive my Supra aren’t you. Isn't this the second time that you have brought it up, :rofl:

CrossedFlags77 07-01-2005 12:49 AM

You know... now that I think about it... I have never been for a ride in a C5 at all.

I haven't ever ridden in any other Corvette except mine :lol: . All looks good for me being able to make it next week, I get off work at 7 so I might be a little late.

RocketSapp 07-01-2005 12:56 AM

Rocket, you are just determined to drive my Supra aren’t you. Isn't this the second time that you have brought it up, :rofl:

NNNooooooo Not the Supra... Anything but the Supra!!!! :D

RocketSapp 07-01-2005 12:57 AM

The lady is a "DD", or the car is a daily driver...I bet they both look nice. :rofl:

Actually, they both look great... The car has the wide rear end but the lady does not. Only problem with her is that heavy weight on her left ring finger.

Tim