CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C4 ZR-1 Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-zr-1-discussion-50/)
-   -   Low RPM stumble/miss (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-zr-1-discussion/1081821-low-rpm-stumble-miss.html)

ShawnZR-1 05-05-2005 11:13 AM

Low RPM stumble/miss

Help me out here, it seems my beast has developed an attitude at low RPM's.
It seems to happen under the following conditions:
Key on or off,
Temps normal
RPM less than 1500RPM
Throttle position >25%
No Codes set.

As soon as it gets over 2K, it pulls to the stratosphere, all the way to 7000+.

I was trying to think if it did it at all before I installed the headers, but I can't say for sure. I don't think it did, but I can't swear to it.
Is false knock a possibility? I haven't scanned it yet but it seems that even last year when I had the stock manifolds on it, I had some knock counts. I run 93 all of the time.

Ok, hit me up with the ideas! :toetap: :cheers:

Jeffvette 05-05-2005 01:42 PM

Check plugs for fouling
Check plug wires to make sure they are seated

ShawnZR-1 05-05-2005 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Jeffvette
Check plugs for fouling
Check plug wires to make sure they are seated

I checked the wires last night, I'll check the plugs this weekend when the car has a chance to cool enough. FWIW, the plugs and wires were the first things I thought of.

DDSLT5 05-05-2005 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by ShawnZR-1
I checked the wires last night, I'll check the plugs this weekend when the car has a chance to cool enough. FWIW, the plugs and wires were the first things I thought of.

Did you use an ohm meter to check the wires? I had one that was inconsistent, the motor still ran reasonably fine, and the wire itself looked perfect, but the connection was frayed at some point - if the wires are original, time to replace them.

ShawnZR-1 05-05-2005 04:19 PM

I replaced the wires around October last year, they're not the originals. I only checked to make sure they were seated. I didn't go under the plenum to check them end to end yet. I have a feeling it's a mucked up plug, but I haven't had a chance to pull them. The car doesn't cool down enough at night and in the morning, well, I do have to go to work. I'll yank them out this weekend and see.

ShawnZR-1 05-09-2005 11:30 AM

Update: #2 plug was fouled as all get out. Black and carboned up. Runs like a purring kitten now! God, I love simple fixes! :yesnod: :cheers:

Jeffvette 05-09-2005 02:42 PM

Glad to see you found a simple fix

ZZZZZR1 05-09-2005 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by ShawnZR-1
Update: #2 plug was fouled as all get out. Black and carboned up. Runs like a purring kitten now! God, I love simple fixes! :yesnod: :cheers:

Good job, but...what caused the fouling? Bad injector?

DDSLT5 05-09-2005 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by ZZZZZR1
Good job, but...what caused the fouling? Bad injector?

BAD ATTITUDE!!! :willy: