CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Buyers remorse 1LT vs 2LT (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3424891-buyers-remorse-1lt-vs-2lt.html)

vampz13x 02-23-2014 07:36 AM

Buyers remorse 1LT vs 2LT

I ordered my C7 convertible last week. White with red interior, red calipers, chrome wheels, 7 speed, black top, 1LT. I'm starting to regret not getting the 2LT but it seems the only things I'm missing out on are: red stitching and HUD. The price tag is so steep between the two packages when these are the only two things I need. Ugh, I think I'm just looking to get talked into changing my order.

Florida_C7 02-23-2014 07:40 AM

Better do it quick depending on where your order stands

Mr.Lee 02-23-2014 07:44 AM

Decision

Originally Posted by vampz13x (Post 1586240780)
I ordered my C7 convertible last week. White with red interior, red calipers, chrome wheels, 7 speed, black top, 1LT. I'm starting to regret not getting the 2LT but it seems the only things I'm missing out on are: red stitching and HUD. The price tag is so steep between the two packages when these are the only two things I need. Ugh, I think I'm just looking to get talked into changing my order.

Vamp, I went back and forth with changes in what I would order no less then fifteen times. This is not a daily driver and I didn't want to invest that kinda of money in a garage queen. But with a little sage advice from my dad I ended up getting the 3LT Z51. The thought process was its my first Vet and I didn't want to leave anything on the table. If you can swing it get all the car you can because any type of buyers regret is to much to live with.

Waytofastvette2006 02-23-2014 07:47 AM

I walked into the dealership with every intention of ordering a 1lt z51. However when my wife found out the things that it did not come with she was like...... Just get the 2lt were not spending 60k on a car to skimp out at the last second on getting what you really want.

So that's what we did price came out to 65k by the time it was said and done.

Heated / cooled seats will be very nice
Heads up display ---- I've had this so many years in my c6 I can't step back words in my new car !

I got the adrenaline red leather and I really like how the 2lt package adds some extra color to the interior.

So the long and short of it is this. Buying a new corvette is a huge waste of money. The only advantage is your getting exactly what you want. It's already a **** ton of $$$ what's another $4500:rofl:

RHORTON164 02-23-2014 07:48 AM

Been there before

I learned the hard way that if I don't go all out I'd regret it later. I went with LT3, Z51 and all the performance extras. You only live once and you aren't going to take it with you!

ENCT 02-23-2014 07:51 AM

I am coming from a GT500 and the interior was the selling point for me. I went 3LT but would not have gone below 2LT. I would think the resale between 1LT and 2LT would be worth the cost. Everytime I drove my GT500 the dime store interior bothered me.
Eric

rotherd31 02-23-2014 08:00 AM

I went with the 1LT and Z-51 and I am happy that I did. The options in the 2LT/3LT were not worth the money to me. Could I afford them? Yes, but the bottom line, I didn't want them. What's really important here is that you get what you want and what you can afford.

ATX-C7 02-23-2014 08:03 AM

Personally I thought about it as well, but went with 2LT w/Z51--for what you get it was worth it to me, and resale more will want those items:

Console and door panels in interior color
Lumbar/wing adjust
Heated/vented seats
Seat emblems
Bose® premium audio
Universal Home Remote
Auto-dimming mirrors
Memory Package
Color Head-Up Display
SiriusXM Satellite Radio† with one-year subscription
Enhanced Theft-Deterrent Package
Luggage shade/cargo net

gthal 02-23-2014 08:04 AM

My motto is that when you are spending this much on a car, get it EXACTLY as YOU want it so there are no regrets. Anytime I have cheaped on something I have regretted it the rest of the time I owned the car. I now always option it the way I want.

leadville1 02-23-2014 08:13 AM

I went 1lt, but you can outfit this car very similar to a 2lt for far less money. I just bought the center arm rest and tunnel leather piece for around $300, I got the FAY carbon fiber dash for $500 and you can stain the stiching for $12. The 2lt doesn't even include the CF dash. The only thing that will be different on my car are the door handle cushions won't be red, but that is my least favorite part about the 2lt color combo.

The other options didn't amount to a hill of beans to me for $4k, you can install a homelink transmitter for $20, and the HUD I can't see being a huge advantage of the large display right in front of your face on the dash. I think the Z51 has way more value for the money.

vampz13x 02-23-2014 08:16 AM

Thank you!

This was super helpful! I'm going to go with the 2LT.

Originally Posted by Mr.Lee (Post 1586240800)
Vamp, I went back and forth with changes in what I would order no less then fifteen times. This is not a daily driver and I didn't want to invest that kinda of money in a garage queen. But with a little sage advice from my dad I ended up getting the 3LT Z51. The thought process was its my first Vet and I didn't want to leave anything on the table. If you can swing it get all the car you can because any type of buyers regret is to much to live with.

GreginNH 02-23-2014 08:21 AM

I also went back and forth from 1LT and 2LT. I suspect that 2LT equipped cars might have a bit more appeal when it comes to resale or trade in. The incremental cost difference between the packages represented good value to me.

GreginNH 02-23-2014 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by vampz13x (Post 1586240924)

My brother in law (who spends money like a drunken sailor) says "what's another fart once you've $hit your pants"!

Harry2 02-23-2014 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by vampz13x (Post 1586240924)

Good choice, IMO, when you spend this much money on a Vette you do not want any regrets thinking that you missed out on an option that you really would like to have, hope it gets built in time for Spring!

Vetteman Jack 02-23-2014 08:27 AM

If you think you will regret not having some of the items in the 2LT, best to go ahead and get them now. One of the things I would want is the HUD so a 2LT may be what I have to get unless you could order the HUD as a stand alone option like you could on the early C5s.

Patman 02-23-2014 08:27 AM

For me the vented seats alone are worth the price of admission with the 2LT package. I hate getting out of a car with leather seats on a hot summer day and having a super sweaty back.

Yamanator 02-23-2014 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by leadville1 (Post 1586240912)
I went 1lt, but you can outfit this car very similar to a 2lt for far less money. I just bought the center arm rest and tunnel leather piece for around $300, I got the FAY carbon fiber dash for $500 and you can stain the stiching for $12. The 2lt doesn't even include the CF dash. The only thing that will be different on my car are the door handle cushions won't be red, but that is my least favorite part about the 2lt color combo.

The other options didn't amount to a hill of beans to me for $4k, you can install a homelink transmitter for $20, and the HUD I can't see being a huge advantage of the large display right in front of your face on the dash. I think the Z51 has way more value for the money.

I feel the exact same. But everyone else go with 2lt and 3lt you deserve it. Then hopefully my 1lt z51 gets built first when they don't have your parts :rofl:

SRQStingray 02-23-2014 08:32 AM

If it doesn't break the bank, the 2LT is the way to go. The 1LT is a real bargain, but the 2LT adds a lot that most people want.

repo czar 02-23-2014 08:37 AM

The Heads Up Display is the greatest thing about the Stingray and I wouldn't have one without it. When I am driving my wife's car I miss the Heads Up Display and ask her why I can't see it on her car. The Heads Up Display makes the car a true luxury sports car. Like flying a jet fighter. They should add the circle that identifies your next target so you can shoot it off the road. I don't mean actually shoot it but target it as the next car you want to pass.

shaan 02-23-2014 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by GreginNH (Post 1586240960)
My brother in law (who spends money like a drunken sailor) says "what's another fart once you've $hit your pants"!

:rofl: that's hilarious

vampz13x 02-23-2014 08:46 AM

Stitching dye

Dude, this is an awesome idea. I like the HUD but in curious to hear more about the dye for the stitching. What did you use?

Specracer 02-23-2014 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by RHORTON164 (Post 1586240814)
I learned the hard way that if I don't go all out I'd regret it later. I went with LT3, Z51 and all the performance extras. You only live once and you aren't going to take it with you!

:iagree:

vampz13x 02-23-2014 08:50 AM

Leadville1

Can you post a photo of the stitching you dyed? I'm new to the forum so I'm not sure if it's possible.

Originally Posted by Specracer (Post 1586241107)

Higgs Boson 02-23-2014 08:53 AM

For me it was 3LT or 1LT. I don't see the point in going halfway. You either get it all or nothing. Since I finally admitted to myself that this car will just be a filler until the Z06 comes out, I went 1LT so I can play with the car for minimal investment then trade it. I did get a few upgrades like the NPP, Z51 spoiler, Comp seats and a couple other a la carte items. They were still less than the difference to 2LT. I will have the car for 12-18 months and I will put about 5000 miles on it. Just not worth the extra money to me.

leadville1 02-23-2014 08:54 AM

Just to be clear I don't have a Corvette yet, it is coming but this sticky post is pretty easy to follow, $12 in pens and a little patience.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...ever-imho.html

MikeyTX 02-23-2014 09:00 AM

Seats in the 2LT are so much better. That is part of the cost difference.

rjv0331 02-23-2014 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by Mr.Lee (Post 1586240800)

:iagree: especially for a first corvette.

ATX-C7 02-23-2014 09:04 AM

According to our own "non-scientific" poll, 2LT (with or without Z51) is the most popular trim with 48.56% of the vote (over 1LT and 3LT).

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...l-you-buy.html

Larry/car 02-23-2014 09:20 AM

I went with the creature comforts on the 2LT interior. I didn't go with the stinger stripe, colored calipers, Z51 spoiler, optional wheels, and NPP performance exhaust ($1,200 to drive around with the valves closed most of the time, not worth the cost). The 2LT interior has upgraded seats with adjustable side bolsters that make up for some lost support of competion seats. HUD, heated/cooled seats and upgraded HD radio are must haves for me.

Racerdj 02-23-2014 09:32 AM

I'd try to get it changed tomorrow morning.

Big Lebowski 02-23-2014 09:57 AM

I just picked up my 2LT Z51 MN7 on Friday after debating between the saving on a 1LT vs. a 2LT. You would miss out on the HUD (huge for me), heated and cooled seats (huge for me, as I drive it early and late in the year), memory (ehh) and the added seat support/adjustability (huge for me with a bad back). I would personally recommend getting it, but you need to know your financial limits...the 2LT will be better on resale too.

Turbooo2u 02-23-2014 10:02 AM

I got a good deal off the showroom on a 1LT but would have happily paid for the 2LT. I like the heated seats and home link.:cheers:

LIE2ME 02-23-2014 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by Waytofastvette2006 (Post 1586240808)
I walked into the dealership with every intention of ordering a 1lt z51. However when my wife found out the things that it did not come with she was like...... Just get the 2lt were not spending 60k on a car to skimp out at the last second on getting what you really want.

So that's what we did price came out to 65k by the time it was said and done.

Heated / cooled seats will be very nice
Heads up display ---- I've had this so many years in my c6 I can't step back words in my new car !

I got the adrenaline red leather and I really like how the 2lt package adds some extra color to the interior.

So the long and short of it is this. Buying a new corvette is a huge waste of money. The only advantage is your getting exactly what you want. It's already a **** ton of $$$ what's another $4500:rofl:

:iagree: with "Waytofast" The reasons he gave were the EXACT reasons I went with the 2LT. If you look at everything the 2LT actually comes with, it is a bargain in my opinion. BTW, I believe you can make changes to your order all the way up to 3000 build status, from what I have read, people do it all the time. If I were you, I would strongly consider going with the 2LT. You won't regret it in the end, I assure you..:thumbs:

Andrew6@TheDoubleAA 02-23-2014 10:25 AM

going from a 1LT coupe to a 2LT convertible

*additions I noticed
- A/C and heated seats (Great to have a/c seats in Texas) probably wouldn't pay the extra for it
- HUD * after installing the one in the 1LT I can say I don't see anyone ever trying that again unless they're replacing the dash.
- HD Radio * I would pay the extra for that
- Extra subwoofer in the rear *Factory sound system sucks to me. I miss my c6 JL audio system
- Memory seats * I've never used this as I'm the primary driver and I put it all the way back.
- Home Link *don't use this either
- Auto dimming mirrors * kind of a pain at dusk. system needs adjusting.

To sum it up I'd pay the extra mainly for HUD and HD radio, I was majorly disappointed in the 1LT not coming with that standard.

Fore58 02-23-2014 10:27 AM

Very happy with my 1lt. My car is not a daily drive so all of the extras were not a necessity. I feel that I am not missing anything from the 2LT/3LT. Just wasn't worth it to me. I live in Florida......the convertible was a much better option than the 2Lt. I could not afford both and my budget was at $60K. If you are looking at resale, I personally believe the convertible would edge out the 2LT. Right now that doesn't matter to me because this may be my last Corvette. :cheers:

C8Jake 02-23-2014 10:32 AM

1LT no options:nonod:no remorse
http://i687.photobucket.com/albums/v...unter59/h3.jpg

Fore58 02-23-2014 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by vampz13x (Post 1586241105)
Dude, this is an awesome idea. I like the HUD but in curious to hear more about the dye for the stitching. What did you use?

:iagree: The HUD would just be another distraction to me. You already have a big screen in front of you...nice and clear. I did not know that until I actually test driven one.

Bob-G 02-23-2014 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Yamanator (Post 1586241008)
I feel the exact same. But everyone else go with 2lt and 3lt you deserve it. Then hopefully my 1lt z51 gets built first when they don't have your parts :rofl:

No matter, anything worth it is worth the wait, therefore no regrets later.

vampz13x 02-23-2014 10:47 AM

That looks just like the one I ordered!

Originally Posted by leadville1 (Post 1586241152)
Just to be clear I don't have a Corvette yet, it is coming but this sticky post is pretty easy to follow, $12 in pens and a little patience.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...ever-imho.html

That looks just like the one I ordered!

vampz13x 02-23-2014 10:51 AM

Gorgeous!

Originally Posted by C7Jake (Post 1586241872)

I love cyber gray

Supersonic 427 02-23-2014 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by C7Jake (Post 1586241872)

:iagree: I have the 1LT with just NPP as it's only option....and I too, have no remorse. I bought what I could afford. The 1LT is very nicely equipped and has all that I need!
http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/s...psd0f98495.jpg

Glenmcp 02-23-2014 12:26 PM

Go with what you can afford. But you better hurry if you want to make a change. I went with the 2LT on my 07 and regretted it. So, my 14 has 3LT.

BMadden 02-23-2014 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by rotherd31 (Post 1586240855)
I went with the 1LT and Z-51 and I am happy that I did. The options in the 2LT/3LT were not worth the money to me. Could I afford them? Yes, but the bottom line, I didn't want them. What's really important here is that you get what you want and what you can afford.

:iagree: I'm totally with you, man. The only thing I cared about that the 1LT doesn't have are the heated/ventilated seats, but after reading the reports from several people on this forum they don't work that well anyway so that made my decision easy. I've never been interested in the HUD, an upgraded stereo is useless since I usually have the windows down and/or top out listening to the exhaust and I'm the only one who drives the car so I don't need memory seats. I can easily afford the $4200 upgrade to 2LT, but honestly I just feel like I'd be giving that money away. I'd rather look at it as having half of a supercharger paid for when the time comes. :cool:

Corgidog1 02-23-2014 12:48 PM

Buyer's remorse can ruin the enjoyment of ownership. Think of the extra cost of the 2LT as insurance against buyer's remorse.

Second Vette 02-23-2014 12:56 PM

Mine is a 2LT bought from Dealer Stock. I nearly bought a 1LT Car, but looking back I'm glad I didn't.

Love the Heads Up, never had it before. What really surprised me were the Ventilated Seats. Living in S. CA, I drive around without the Top most of the time. Even on a relatively cool day, the Sun beating down, especially in around town driving gets to be a little much. I hit that switch and it's night and day. They aren't "Air Conditioned" Ventilated Seats like my Wife's Car, but they do the job.

BTW - If you don't have them and you are uncomfortable sitting in Traffic, just flick on the Air Conditioner. Even with the Top off and the Windows down, it cools you off. Just think of it as your contribution to Globull (sic) Cooling.

There are other things on my Car that I probably wouldn't have ordered, but I'm glad whoever did place the order put them in. My favorite are the Competition Seats. They look great and they are very comfortable. Makes the inside look like an Exotic and I can't tell you how many people comment on them the first time they see the Car. It might be because the Car is CGM and the Seats are AR. They stand out to say the least.

Good luck with your choice. Whatever you get will bring a smile to your face, I guarantee it. :thumbs:

3 Z06ZR1 02-23-2014 01:25 PM

Several guys are taking a fabric marker and dying the seat stiches red.

I have a 1lt and it's perfect. Since they added the tilt wheel and extra power seat.

But corvette number seven and 5 of minutes of hud use. it's worthless!

heated seats same thing. the memory seats are not working well lots of threads on those. Never bother using that gimmick either

The Stereo sounds great and has the 2 10's for bass. A ten out does a 8 on low end any way.

z51 is the thing you want. The 19-20's look way better. Resale will be better the Z51 is selling 5-1! or more! :rock:

C8Jake 02-23-2014 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Rock'n Blue 08 (Post 1586243171)
Several are taking a fabric marker & dying the interior stitching. :rock:

ghetto mod :yesnod:

BMadden 02-23-2014 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by C7Jake (Post 1586243197)

If it works for people and they're happy with it good for them. Beats the hell out of paying $4200 for color matched stitching.

Corvette ED 02-23-2014 01:50 PM

The 2LT will bring more money and easier resale over a 1LT. Your ordering white/red and that alone you should go with the 2LT.

mpuzach 02-23-2014 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Rock'n Blue 08 (Post 1586243171)
...5 of minutes of hud use. it's worthless!

heated seats same thing. the memory seats are not working well lots of threads on those. Never bother using that gimmick either

I strongly disagree on both counts. While the absence of HUD wouldn't be a deal breaker for me, I use it every time I drive my Corvette. As for the heated seats, same thing (during the chilly months). They work well and I use them all the time.

3 Z06ZR1 02-23-2014 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Corvette ED (Post 1586243318)
The 2LT will bring more money and easier resale over a 1LT. Your ordering white/red and that alone you should go with the 2LT.

The z51 is the ticket for resale. Made less and outselling 5-1! :rock:

3 Z06ZR1 02-23-2014 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by C7Jake (Post 1586243197)

:iagree: Red seats are even worse! WORST GHETTO MOD is DARK LIMO TINT! :lol: But that is why they make all kinds of choices.

Aflyer 02-23-2014 02:08 PM

I think the HUD is great, I have it on my 03 with 100K, I really miss it when driving my wife's Grand Cherokee. Heated and cooled seats are nice as well.

My vote is for the 2LT, it has a lot of content for the money.

That said I ordered the 3LT, because I wanted to Brownstone color and it is only available in 3LT.

Yamanator 02-23-2014 02:39 PM

Ummm all things being relative that's a lot of money to make up. I don't see how it will be an easier resale. Like stated below the Z51 is going to be the bigger draw.

Larry/car 02-23-2014 02:50 PM

Memory seats. I am the only driver, I reposition the seats all the time and sometimes after a trip the seat adjustment is way off. I hit the recall button and set everything back to my zero position. Use the memory seat setting all the time.

robertf97 02-23-2014 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by BMadden (Post 1586242860)
:iagree: I'm totally with you, man. The only thing I cared about that the 1LT doesn't have are the heated/ventilated seats, but after reading the reports from several people on this forum they don't work that well anyway so that made my decision easy. I've never been interested in the HUD, an upgraded stereo is useless since I usually have the windows down and/or top out listening to the exhaust and I'm the only one who drives the car so I don't need memory seats. I can easily afford the $4200 upgrade to 2LT, but honestly I just feel like I'd be giving that money away. I'd rather look at it as having half of a supercharger paid for when the time comes. :cool:

That was part of my rationale for going 2LT instead of 3LT; that I could buy a supercharger for that money. The only way I would buy 1LT though is if I were making it into a race car. Got to have heated/vented seats and HUD!

3 Z06ZR1 02-23-2014 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Supersonic 427 (Post 1586242394)
:iagree: I have the 1LT with just NPP as it's only option....and I too, have no remorse. I bought what I could afford. The 1LT is very nicely equipped and has all that I need!
http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/s...psd0f98495.jpg

:iagree: The 1lt used to lack a couple things but now it's perfect for a sports car.

Hardly the plenty box with more room less weight.

7th Corvette and it's perfect for options.

The rest of the Cadillac stuff like heated seats, memory mirrors and seats even the HUD are great cause you can leave them off!
Or pay extra for them.

I prefer the sports car ride and looks of the Z51. In a corvette If I want a caddy ride I take my Tacoma! TRD! :D :thumbs:

Highway 61 02-23-2014 03:02 PM

Vamp, really only you can answer that question what is more important to you, the cost or having the HUD and red stitching. There is a thread on how you can color the stitching.

I going with the 1LT because I will only be putting about 3000 miles on it this year and probably no more than a thousand a year after that. So for me the 2LT isn't worth the extra cost and I don't plan on ever selling the car.

Highway 61 02-23-2014 03:19 PM

No way. After a few years you will only get back half the $4200 and it's not going to keep someone from buying the car because it only has a 1LT.

Like houses as they get older, you never want to have the most expensive house on the block. The lower priced models will draw the most attention.

Also, what happens with most commodities like houses and Corvettes, is the lower priced models will pull down the price of the higher priced ones and higher priced models will pull up the price on the lower priced ones.

KenHorse 02-23-2014 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Highway 61 (Post 1586243921)
No way. After a few years you will only get back half the $4200 and it's not going to keep someone from buying the car because it only has a 1LT.

I absolutely disagree with the bolded part.

OF COURSE there are going to be some who will pass over a 1LT C7 in favor of a 2LT if they want the features that includes.

Carnut12 02-23-2014 03:34 PM

Go 2LT for sure, if money is an issue ditch the Chrome Wheels. Buy aftermarket down the road, I think the silver wheels look the best, even if I liked them $2K for chrome is crazy.

Highway 61 02-23-2014 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by KenHorse (Post 1586244006)
I absolutely disagree with the bolded part.

OF COURSE there are going to be some who will pass over a 1LT C7 in favor of a 2LT if they want the features that includes.

What you are forgetting is, five years down the road, you won't have thousands of 2014's to pick from like today. Where I live (MSP) if you wanted to buy a 2014 five years from now, there probably won't be more than 10 of them for sales at any given time. Your choices will be much more limited in the future.

Patman 02-23-2014 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by KenHorse (Post 1586244006)

That would be me, when I start looking for a used C7 in a couple of years I will refuse any 1LT car, it must be 2LT or 3LT.

Supersonic 427 02-23-2014 04:31 PM

I have to laugh at all the "much better" resale value with having Z51, 2LT etc etc. Sure it will be better than a 1LT, but you are only going to get a fraction of what you paid for them!

Carnut12 02-23-2014 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Supersonic 427 (Post 1586244437)
I have to laugh at all the "much better" resale value with having Z51, 2LT etc etc. Sure it will be better than a 1LT, but you are only going to get a fraction of what you paid for them!

:iagree::iagree:

Options depreciate at a much faster rate then the car, they might help it sell faster, but that is about it.

Houston Z33 02-23-2014 05:09 PM

7spd manual, 2LT and Z51 are the deal breakers in my book.

Highway 61 02-23-2014 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Carnut12 (Post 1586244460)
:iagree::iagree:

Options depreciate at a much faster rate then the car, they might help it sell faster, but that is about it.

:iagree:That about sums it up! A less optioned car today will be worth more percentage wise from MSRP the farther in the future we go. In ten years the 2LT might get you $500 more than a 1LT.

Highway 61 02-23-2014 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Houston Z33 (Post 1586244709)
7spd manual, 2LT and Z51 are the deal breakers in my book.

That's why we have options, everyone want's something different and there's a buyer for everything if the price is right.

Skid Row Joe 02-23-2014 05:45 PM

Upgrade to the 2LT. No question about it here.

I'm reading of buyer's remorse rolling around now from what some impulse C7 buyers here bought. Don't be that guy!

Sounds like a beautiful color combo you ordered! :rock:

Strake 02-23-2014 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by RHORTON164 (Post 1586240814)

:iagree: Although this is somewhat apples and oranges….. if it makes you feel any better…….

Dec 2012 I bought our 8th Vette…. a 60th Anniv Grand Sport. We had previously owned a Grand Sport (2010) and loved all the features it had. The 2013 GS 60th Anniv model was even a 4LT…….

About 3 weeks later, it hit me….. Geez, if I was doing this, and getting a 60th Anniv model with the Anniv package, I SHOULD HAVE bought the 427 Vert. Of all the Vettes we've owned, only the first ( '65) was a Vert….. all the others were Coupes. This bugged me NO END for 2 solid months. I kept checking the forum, and our favorite CF major dealers (whom I've bought several cars from both ) and knew it would only drive me crazy until I bit the bullet and took the hit……

I traded our 2013 GS for the 2013 427 Vert……. both identical color, white with the blue interior and 60th Anniv package stripes, etc…… the GS only had 546 miles on it.

It's ONLY money and I didn't get hurt too badly. Mike @ Criswell treated us very fairly. I had bought the GS @ Kerbeck but they didn't have any 427's in the 60th Anniv package at the time ( 1 year ago) and I also liked dealing with Criswell too.

The peace of mind was ALL worth it……. I've never looked back and very glad we did what I should have done all along. I just never thought of the 427 Vert at the time we originally pulled the trigger.

For now, we're thrilled, love the 427 and have a 1 year wonder. After all, I got my once in a lifetime 427 and we're REALLY enjoying the Vert.
Here's a pic from a few days before Christmas this year.

http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/x...0/DSC_0978.jpg

Don't be sorry later, as I was…… if you want to change, GO FOR IT :rock:

vampz13x 02-23-2014 06:29 PM

Helpful!

That is helpful, thank you! And I love the Santa outfit and the Bette :)

Originally Posted by Strake (Post 1586245172)
:iagree: Although this is somewhat apples and oranges….. if it makes you feel any better…….

Dec 2012 I bought our 8th Vette…. a 60th Anniv Grand Sport. We had previously owned a Grand Sport (2010) and loved all the features it had. The 2013 GS 60th Anniv model was even a 4LT…….

About 3 weeks later, it hit me….. Geez, if I was doing this, and getting a 60th Anniv model with the Anniv package, I SHOULD HAVE bought the 427 Vert. Of all the Vettes we've owned, only the first ( '65) was a Vert….. all the others were Coupes. This bugged me NO END for 2 solid months. I kept checking the forum, and our favorite CF major dealers (whom I've bought several cars from both ) and knew it would only drive me crazy until I bit the bullet and took the hit……

I traded our 2013 GS for the 2013 427 Vert……. both identical color, white with the blue interior and 60th Anniv package stripes, etc…… the GS only had 546 miles on it.

It's ONLY money and I didn't get hurt too badly. Mike @ Criswell treated us very fairly. I had bought the GS @ Kerbeck but they didn't have any 427's in the 60th Anniv package at the time ( 1 year ago) and I also liked dealing with Criswell too.

The peace of mind was ALL worth it……. I've never looked back and very glad we did what I should have done all along. I just never thought of the 427 Vert at the time we originally pulled the trigger.

For now, we're thrilled, love the 427 and have a 1 year wonder. After all, I got my once in a lifetime 427 and we're REALLY enjoying the Vert.
Here's a pic from a few days before Christmas this year.

http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/x...0/DSC_0978.jpg

Don't be sorry later, as I was…… if you want to change, GO FOR IT :rock:

vampz13x 02-23-2014 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Skid Row Joe (Post 1586244962)

I'm reading of buyer's remorse rolling around now from what some impulse C7 buyers here bought. Don't be that guy!

Thank you! I think I'm going to change it. Have to increase the loans bit! Yolo lol

hawkgfr 02-23-2014 07:58 PM

exactly...In fact the 1lt will loose the least over msrp cost as new later on. Well its been that way the last 60 years... Hell some of the options won't be working a five years...:willy:

BMadden 02-23-2014 09:26 PM

Exactly, and I think a Z51 1LT car is still going to be more desirable than a non-Z51 with 2LT or 3LT.

KenHorse 02-23-2014 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Highway 61 (Post 1586244131)
What you are forgetting is, five years down the road, you won't have thousands of 2014's to pick from like today. Where I live (MSP) if you wanted to buy a 2014 five years from now, there probably won't be more than 10 of them for sales at any given time. Your choices will be much more limited in the future.

ROI aside, given a choice between similar cars with "close" pricing, one being 1LT and the other being 2LT, I bet most would go with the 2LT

Skid Row Joe 02-23-2014 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Skid Row Joe (Post 1586244962)

Originally Posted by vampz13x (Post 1586245277)
Thank you! I think I'm going to change it. Have to increase the loans bit! Yolo lol

Hey, it's your call and best judgment - it sounds like a honey of a color combination too!

You can't go wrong buying a new C7! :rock:

ATX-C7 02-23-2014 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Skid Row Joe (Post 1586247143)

You can't go wrong buying a new C7! :rock:

WHAT?? Change of heart now?

Just a few days ago you said "THERE IS NO GOOD REASON TO BUY A C7 NOW".

So which is it? :bigears

RickMN 02-23-2014 10:20 PM

No buyer's remorse here. This car is a great car even with just the 1LT interior. That $4200 cash that comes in the glove box of the 1LT is a pretty sweet option if you ask me.

Get what YOU want and will enjoy. Either way. Don't worry about the status of having the "right" package according to others, having a less-valuable car, or the resale. Or if you really want the HUD, more leather surfaces, or the Kalahari, then go with 2LT.

ronvenna 02-23-2014 10:42 PM

I was debating forever about forgoing my 1lt z51 order for a 2lt nonz51 that was in stock at about the same price, but Im glad I stuck with my 1lt z51 order coming in two weeks! Im coming from a 2LT Camaro and sitting in a 1LT Stingray is an enormous step up in interior quality, so i'm pretty happy. The only thing I would want from the 2lt is the HUD but later down the line i'm sure some vendor on here will do an install of that.

500 02-23-2014 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by patman (Post 1586240979)
for me the vented seats alone are worth the price of admission with the 2lt package. I hate getting out of a car with leather seats on a hot summer day and having a super sweaty back.

...+1...

3904351 02-24-2014 12:07 AM

choise was made for me. No chance of ordering a car here in Ontario so when the dealer a few miles from me advertized their one and only car they were getting was up for grabs all I had to say is I`ll take it. 2LT Convertible with crome wheel option, Nav and Auto for her. Just about the way I would have ordered it other then the colour . Would have rather got black or red but the silver looks great too.:canadaflag:

Highway 61 02-24-2014 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by KenHorse (Post 1586246985)
ROI aside, given a choice between similar cars with "close" pricing, one being 1LT and the other being 2LT, I bet most would go with the 2LT

Under those circumstances your right, but your statement also suggests that the 1LT would be the better buy for resale value.

pgway 02-24-2014 08:54 AM

Who cares about resale value?
I purchased what I wanted;
Z51
3LT
Mag Ride
Chrome Wheels
Performane Exhaust
Transparent Roof
If I was concerned about resale value, I would have bought a leftover
C6 at 17% off MSRP!

Supersonic 427 02-24-2014 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by pgway (Post 1586248997)
Who cares about resale value?
I purchased what I wanted;
Z51
3LT
Mag Ride
Chrome Wheels
Performane Exhaust
Transparent Roof
If I was concerned about resale value, I would have bought a leftover
C6 at 17% off MSRP!

:iagree: One should buy the options for his or her needs...not what they will bring in resale value.

Innocuous 02-24-2014 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by ENCT (Post 1586240824)
I am coming from a GT500 and the interior was the selling point for me. I went 3LT but would not have gone below 2LT. I would think the resale between 1LT and 2LT would be worth the cost. Everytime I drove my GT500 the dime store interior bothered me.
Eric

I had a 2014 GT500 and :iagree:

11B250 02-25-2014 03:25 PM

I started off wanting the HUD, but I was really sad I'd miss out on the HUD. then I realized the 2LT had other things like cooling seats, bose sound system etc. I think Z51 is a much better value, but I will use the creature comforts of 2LT whenever I drive the car vs Z51 features never. Just made more sense.

When the time comes, I'm going to try very hard to stretch for a 3LT, but we will see what happens. My budget is 60K right now, so we will see if I can stretch out few more thousand dollars by end of year to get a 3LT.

I will keep this car until the new gen comes out (so 8-9 years) and it will be a garage queen. We will make it work.

thedofuss 02-25-2014 03:35 PM

on resale, you will likely loose some customers with the 1lt--right or wrong, just the way it is. more important is having the z51 package. again, mostly for resale potential.

Modshack 02-25-2014 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by thedofuss (Post 1586260616)
on resale, it is. more important is having the z51 package. again, mostly for resale potential.

Ha ha! yeah 5 years from now you'll get back $1000 on that $5500 investment (lack of discount + package price) Good luck.

msm859 02-25-2014 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by thedofuss (Post 1586260616)
on resale, you will likely loose some customers with the 1lt--right or wrong, just the way it is. more important is having the z51 package. again, mostly for resale potential.

If you are worried about resale you should buy a stripper model with no options. Every single dollar you spend on extras will only return a fraction on resale. Even if the 3LT option kept 50% value - you still lost over $2,000. The reality is options hold less value - go check KBB. You might have an easier time finding a buyer when you go to sell a loaded vehicle - but again the truth is you only need to find 1 buyer.

Highway 61 02-26-2014 01:50 AM

Originally Posted by msm859 (Post 1586263239)
If you are worried about resale you should buy a stripper model with no options. Every single dollar you spend on extras will only return a fraction on resale. Even if the 3LT option kept 50% value - you still lost over $2,000. The reality is options hold less value - go check KBB. You might have an easier time finding a buyer when you go to sell a loaded vehicle - but again the truth is you only need to find 1 buyer.

:iagree: All this talk about options and resale only applies if your selling with in the next five years. 15 years and later, miles and condition will trump options any day.

Greg00Coupe 02-26-2014 11:02 AM

I agree with don"t cheap out........ But another option..... get a 1LT or 2LT.... take a few grand go to a quality upholstrey shop and get it customed how you want!!! You will have a one of a kind to your liking car!!!!

Down side........ custom is for you may affect trade in value if that is a concern. Of course some custom can be converted back to stock.

I got the 2LT thinking I could add the halo passenger side etc for around $600. Once I saw the interior I said man that is sweet enough. Done.

kp 02-26-2014 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Modshack (Post 1586261129)
Ha ha! yeah 5 years from now you'll get back $1000 on that $5500 investment (lack of discount + package price) Good luck.

Some think it may be easier to sell a Z51 car, it may be but if some of the Z51 extras have issues down the road that may not be the case. Time will tell there.

Plus it only matters if you are going to be selling the car private party, most dealers are going to value off the window sticker options/msrp. I highly doubt a 1LT Z51 will command a higher trade in value a few years from now than a 2LT base car. Private party - maybe if you find the right buyer.

Main thing is buy what YOU want, not what you think someone may pay more for or desire down the road. One thing for certain is that no matter what you buy it will depreciate, especially in a few years when they are selling new for a bunch off msrp.

pgway 02-26-2014 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Modshack (Post 1586261129)

Investment?
Anyone buying a C7 as an investment is a
Attachment 47770763

Carnut12 02-26-2014 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Highway 61 (Post 1586265097)
:iagree: All this talk about options and resale only applies if your selling with in the next five years. 15 years and later, miles and condition will trump options any day.

That is great news for the 1-2% of people that keep their cars that long...................:toetap:

Yamanator 02-26-2014 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by pgway (Post 1586267981)
Investment?
Attachment 47770763

Uhh...I think that was exactly his point...

Highway 61 02-26-2014 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by pgway (Post 1586267981)
Investment?
Attachment 47770763

I don't think anyone disagrees with you on that point unless you never plan to drive it and keep it for at least 35 years. By 2040, it will be worth more just because of inflation, but that won't help most of the 55 and older buyers, and besides now many people never sell their car? I just hope I'm still around in 2040.

snappy2u 02-26-2014 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by GreginNH (Post 1586240960)

That's Hilarious!!!:iagree::cheers:

charlie-vette 02-27-2014 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Andrew6 (Post 1586241807)
going from a 1LT coupe to a 2LT convertible

*additions I noticed
- A/C and heated seats (Great to have a/c seats in Texas) probably wouldn't pay the extra for it
- HUD * after installing the one in the 1LT I can say I don't see anyone ever trying that again unless they're replacing the dash.
- HD Radio * I would pay the extra for that
- Extra subwoofer in the rear *Factory sound system sucks to me. I miss my c6 JL audio system
- Memory seats * I've never used this as I'm the primary driver and I put it all the way back.
- Home Link *don't use this either
- Auto dimming mirrors * kind of a pain at dusk. system needs adjusting.

To sum it up I'd pay the extra mainly for HUD and HD radio, I was majorly disappointed in the 1LT not coming with that standard.

:iagree: You're the MAN when it comes to the HUD & audio, Andrew. I've a C6 1LT and have to agree with you, after reading your write-up on the C7 HUD installation, i.e., I'd never get a C7 1LT! I purchased the HUD kit from Gene, which should have your wiring harness and installed it in about 3-1/2 hours. If anyone has to have a HUD and a nicer audio system...get a 2LT. I'll be upgrading my C6 audio to Nav ASAP!

C7Joy 02-27-2014 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by gthal (Post 1586240869)
My motto is that when you are spending this much on a car, get it EXACTLY as YOU want it so there are no regrets. Anytime I have cheaped on something I have regretted it the rest of the time I owned the car. I now always option it the way I want.

Those were my exact thoughts! I have done it some many friggin times in my life that I decided not to go through the remorse thing again. For example, do I NEED the NPP package? Hell no! Would I kick myself in the arse later for not getting it? Absolutely! I know how my mind works. Gimme it ALL!

rahulprabhu 12-01-2014 11:03 PM

great idea!

This is a great idea. I just ordered a custom 1LT with ZF1. Couldn't convince myself to spend the extra money for 2LT. Where did you buy the center arm rest and tunnel leather piece from? Thanks.