CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   The OFFICIAL Scale from 0 – 10 What Do You Think of the NEW C7? Thread (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3198760-the-official-scale-from-0-o-10-what-do-you-think-of-the-new-c7-thread.html)

Dan Dlabay 01-13-2013 07:59 PM

Give it a 9 and when i see it in person this Thursday will up it to 10.:cheers:

isellpower 01-13-2013 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by jackhall99 (Post 1582816895)
Go buy a Viper then. That car should be awesome!

The Viper sites have better coverage than CF and the reviews of the car are much more positive. Should be plenty easy ordering a new Viper, most of the guys will be buying a c7 and keeping their Gen II's, III's, and IV's.

jss1 01-13-2013 08:01 PM

8. Looks good to me.

BigButtLover 01-13-2013 08:01 PM

I give it a 5. Front was a grand slam. Rear was a strike out. The rear was designed by the Aztek engineers.

Jim2003 01-13-2013 08:02 PM

Design looks no better than a 5. I will reserve the right to upgrade my number after seeing the interior, riding or driving one, and getting a first hand view. The Camaro rear end ruins it for me (I am a Camaro lover I have a 68 in my garage that I am the only owner).

I am soooooo overjoyed that last March I ordered my 2013 C6. My 60th is a smoother appearance that the C7. Just my .01 worth.

elitebomberX 01-13-2013 08:04 PM

I'll give it an 8. I am not super excited about the rear end, but everything else looks amazing. I cant wait to see it in person. Also I hope there is an option for black wheels.

Brownose 01-13-2013 08:04 PM

Angular transition

Definitely distinctive, transition to angular shape, and able to ID as a corvette. Not a bad looking car. Usually looks better in person. Dark grey awesome on this car because looks stealthy. I like it. I'll give it a 9.:yesnod:

chiavet 01-13-2013 08:05 PM

I give it an 7.5 to 8 sorta. Would like to see it in other colors besides red. Still not crazy about tail lights. Like the interior but will really have to see this thing in person before I can really judge it. The whole thing will probably grow on me like the C5 did. I hated it when I first saw one.

Anyone know what the price is gonna run?

BlueOx 01-13-2013 08:05 PM

After all that I have seen of this over the last year, I think it is a friggen knockout! I'm not a fan of red and black so that colored my view of this one but a medium silver or other colors will be totally awesome!

paul310 01-13-2013 08:05 PM

6 for me. There is too much detail, like all the creases in the hood, the little scoops and all that. Look at it next to a C6 and it is overwhelming. I do love the interior, but I think that it will be close to comparable to the C6 interior in 5 or so years. Also, I'm wary of the gages. We all know how the LCD gauges of the C4 went over. I have a feeling that those could easily be the Achilles heel when these cars are around the age of needed restoration. The driver modes look neat, but that is just another thing that can go wrong and need an expensive fix, like the C5 adjustable suspension. I hope Chevy offers a Corvette without all these gadgets. Overall, I am not impressed. I'd rather dump $50k into a nice mid-year, or even a used 427 Convertible in a few years when they depreciate a little.

rstrait 01-13-2013 08:06 PM

An 8 but I'm hoping it will grow on me. Especially the rear end.

Bumpnrun 01-13-2013 08:07 PM

9.5...Great Job Chevrolet!

tomlink 01-13-2013 08:07 PM

A little Aston Martin, a little Ferrari, but definitely all Corvette.

GM knocked this one out of the park. Outstanding, 9.5.

Let the haters buy something else - more for me!

sonny47 01-13-2013 08:08 PM

feedback

what a disappointment... I give it a 2 at best... and that's only because the interior looks decent

having owned both a 63 vert and 64 coupe (along with a 76, 90, and 06) I am upset that GM disgraced the STINGRAY name with this cartoonish car, whose exterior looks like it was designed by 5 different people - front/ hood/ back/ sides/ roof

what a disappointment...

Paul 68 01-13-2013 08:09 PM

C7

Give it a 8.

PRicanC6Xpress 01-13-2013 08:10 PM

Well

9 For the interior and the car itself, now Im giving it a 3 for the talllights.... They are really horrible. It might grow on me as well. When can you put a deposit on this car....... :woohoo::woohoo:

Mopar Jimmy 01-13-2013 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by runutzzzzz (Post 1582816751)
6... For now. It will grow on me.

:iagree: Especially when they come out with the ZR1 model making about 700 ponies. :cheers:

Not thrilled about the side profile (short rear end) and camorish looking rear end. :yesnod:

CaryBob 01-13-2013 08:13 PM

9. I reserve the final point for an in-person look. It takes more imagination than I possess to think that the rear end looks like a Camaro... I just don't see it.

MrKris 01-13-2013 08:14 PM

Yikes :(

The rear end shoots the whole car down for me. It's horrific. I hate it. Why would they want to add a futuristic Camaro rear end to a Corvette? I think some R&D heads need to roll.

Dale Pittman 01-13-2013 08:15 PM

Are there any C7 specs released? I would like to see a side by side comparison of the C6 to C7 in terms of weights, capacities, power, and pricing, etc.. I am thinking the C7 cost over a C6 has to increase by 10-15% to pay for all of the R&D that went into it, which will likely further reduce the number of possible camaro buyers that were on the fence about possibly upgrading to the corvette.

With that kind of R&D investment they should have focused on something technically challenging like a target weight of 3000 lbs (10% less than the current car), now that would have been an R&D effort that was worth it and showed engineering innovation and it would be a great selling point to the technical and performance focused buyer. It appears the C7 is maybe a 100 lb reduction over the C6, which is likely due to the base model getting the aluminum frame. What kind of innovation is that? The Z06 and ZR1 had this aluminum frame weight reduction feature for the past many years over the base model.

The renaming of the 6.2L engine LT-1 is funny, do they not realize that most corvette buyers know every corvette engine code since the C2 big block cars? And to only make 450 Hp after direct injection and optimizing everything else is weak. Corvette buyers want to be able to go fast, not get outrun by a kid in a new GT500 Mustang.

I like some of the exterior updates. The interior was also well in need of updating but I am not so sure of it yet. The rear does look like camaro which is not in line with corvettes of the past. They should have also looked at the Mid-Year cars and went for that 1963-1967 look in some aspects, to keep the long time Corvette buyers interested.

I hope it clicks with their target audience and sells well, but I think my 2012 Centennial Edition GS will hold its value, especially after adding a SC and few other simple peformance enhancing parts so it now runs like a corvette should, and can eat GT 500 Mustangs at will :)