CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   I modified my Grand Sport emblems... (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/2633633-i-modified-my-grand-sport-emblems.html)

Bunker 07-09-2010 09:42 AM

Thanks for comments everyone, mostly positive it seems. BTW, the "splash guards" are the Apsis Z06/GS molded set. I have mixed feelings about them myself but they do one thing pretty well and that's protect the rear quarter from stone chips.

Anyway, there are a few asking about the process itself of painting and removing/installing the GS emblems. Woud it be better to start a new thread, specific to that process with pics and instructions or just jump in here with that info?

Wayne O 07-09-2010 09:46 AM

I'll give you an "A" for modding the emblems....good job! :thumbs:

Beautiful car! Maybe it's just me but the gap between the front tire and the car body seems huge. What's up with that?

Originally Posted by vettedoogie (Post 1574635242)
While I think you did a great job of painting them, they still stick out like a sore thumb against the red. I would rather people just painted them the body color & did black/white/gray lettering.

:iagree: I would have gone that route myself.

Joe_G 07-09-2010 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Bunker (Post 1574641007)
Thanks for comments everyone, mostly positive it seems. BTW, the "splash guards" are the Apsis Z06/GS molded set. I have mixed feelings about them myself but they do one thing pretty well and that's protect the rear quarter from stone chips.

Anyway, there are a few asking about the process itself of painting and removing/installing the GS emblems. Woud it be better to start a new thread, specific to that process with pics and instructions or just jump in here with that info?

IMHO, best practice is to start a new "how to" thread, then, put a link to that thread in this thread - all the folks following this thread who are interested will get the post update, and we can then go to the new thread.

Otherwise, your how-to will get buried in pages of "its great" or "it stinks" and it's not user friendly. Best to have the meat of the thread up top, not buried pages in as most won't bother to go through all the mundane posts.

Thanks in advance! :thumbs:

Bunker 07-09-2010 09:55 AM

Suspension had not settled, from having the front lifted, as someone previously guessed. I was so concentrated on getting pics of the emblems in the sun between clouds I didn't even notice at the time...sorry guys!

bluman 07-09-2010 09:59 AM

Chrome looks good if you have chrome wheels, color matched does also
Comp Gray with Comp Gray wheels,

nickfiddle 07-09-2010 10:47 AM

Really Cool... Looks GREAT... A good idea.... Won't be long before you'll be able to buy different colored Grand Sport emblems aftermarket.... Still, nothing more fun than doing it yourself. Great Job.
:thumbs:

C7/Z06 Man 07-09-2010 12:20 PM

Imho w/good taste!

If your going to color match the emblem than do it to the "cars color", not the wheels or anything else; it only makes sense. Yellow car= yellow emblem, etc. Go back and take another look at the pic and give it a little thought. :flag:

graywolf04 07-09-2010 01:36 PM

Look's good Pete.

cnw 07-09-2010 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Bunker (Post 1574641007)

Yes, I would go for the new thread.

Craig

musclecar6 07-09-2010 08:32 PM

The color goes well with the mud flaps (guard)

PARANORMAL 07-09-2010 08:41 PM

Nicely and Tastefully done, GREAT JOB:cool::thumbs:

rob62 07-09-2010 09:35 PM

Looks good.just curious,how many of the chrome haters have chrome anchor chains wrapping there licence plates?

Knob Jockey 07-09-2010 09:52 PM

It's too bad GM doesn't have a chrome chain steering wheel. Maybe DSV........

I love chrome. And pie.

Nd4spd2 07-09-2010 10:04 PM

The chrome badge looks fine if you have chrome wheels but when the badge is the only chrome part on the car it looks out of place. Painting it to match stripes, wheels or body color allows for personalizing it to your taste and ridding the car of that one gawdy out of place chrome part that doesn't go with anything. Looks great Pete.

Nd4spd2 07-09-2010 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by TEC6 (Post 1574639996)
Nice job Pete!! :cheers:

How are you liking the GS? You have any more mod plans for that beauty?

Hey Tim, are you kidding me!!?? I think he has a room full of mods waiting to be installed and waiting on others. He's becoming the mad modster... :D

MADinAK 07-09-2010 11:19 PM

Very nice. :thumbs:

su8pack1 07-09-2010 11:28 PM

:thumbs::thumbs:

cnw 07-09-2010 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by rob62 (Post 1574648315)
Looks good.just curious,how many of the chrome haters have chrome anchor chains wrapping there licence plates?

Are there chrome anchor chain plate frames. Ooo, man and just bought the one with skulls. Wonder if I can still return it?

Craig

rob62 07-10-2010 07:33 AM

don't exchange it,just get the chain one and mount it as an exhaust plate filler.You can tell everyone the center is cut out for better aerodynamics!! :rofl:

Bunker 07-10-2010 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Nd4spd2 (Post 1574648605)
Hey Tim, are you kidding me!!?? I think he has a room full of mods waiting to be installed and waiting on others. He's becoming the mad modster... :D

Really Steve? Look at your avatar pic and I'm the mod modster?!!!