Go Back   Corvette Forum > Off Topic > Politics, Religion & Controversy
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Albums Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ
Search
Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!

Corvette Store

C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads

Vendor Directory

Old 08-27-2013, 12:07 PM   #61
redvtt
CF Senior Member

Location: All great change begins at the dinner table Ronald Reagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerBiker View Post
If there is beer, babes, and BBQ, bikers will show!
Babes in burkas - maybe that'll work!!
redvtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 12:37 PM   #62
FormerBiker
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redvtt View Post

The newer softtail series are easy on the back. Also, you can get together with the dealer now - they'll customize the bike so you're comfortable, if that would work for you.
I had the accident on the FLH then I got the FLHTC-U. I even had the optional backrest. That scoot was nice. Allowed me to ride for another 10 years or so but after a while that was getting difficult. Now days spending over 3 hours in the vette starts to get to me. Getting old is a B*tch.
FormerBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 03:15 PM   #63
tikiman
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11

Pair of new Metzlers and a new chain. I'm 45 minutes from the beltway and I intend to be there.
tikiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 07:07 PM   #64
redvtt
CF Senior Member

“How appropriate. A million muslims surrounded by 2 million hogs!”

Quote:
Muslims who have begun promoting a 9/11 march in Washington that originally was to protest “anti-Islamic bigotry in the U.S.” and then turned into a “March Against Fear” may have some competition.

Loud competition. Very loud. And lots of it.

In what was a virtual impossibility before the Internet, a Facebook page has been created in which many individuals are coordinating what they have dubbed “2 Million Bikers to DC.”

At the Mr. Conservative blog, the author said: “The best way to counter bad speech is to oppose it with good speech. Sometimes ‘speech’ can be expressed simply by the number of people who are willing to show up to support a principle. That’s the view that hundreds of bikers (so far) across American have as they prepare to join a ’2 Million Biker Ride to DC’ to counter the planned Sept. 11 ‘Million Muslim March.’”

On the Facebook page, the community purpose is described as: “To honor those who were killed on 911 and our armed forces who fought those who precipitated this attack!”

More than 16,000 “likes” had been generated in just a short time.

“We have now created the final phase for states to coordinate! All riders need to look at the state list, choose your state and request to be added! Several states still need coordinators,” is included in the instructions.

Four dozen pages to coordinate delegations from individuals states already exist.

A Ronald Curaba said: “Who ever comments I would like to do this … should shut up and show up! Im a retired FDN Lt. I should be at my old firehouse where I was on that ill fated day …. but I will be in DC riding! God willing!”

Added Bryan Short: “How appropriate. A million muslims surrounded by 2 million hogs!”

Organizers of the page added: “Folks, just wanted to say thank you for your support. This event has been a lot of work. But for our country it is worth it. As with any event such as this we are being attacked from every angle. But we will not allow those distractions to deter us from our goal nor the goal of the originator of this event Mr. Bill Williamson.”

“God Bless Ride Safe,” added Tammy Bowman.

“Ride on brothers,” said Bob Halley.

“Don’t forget ya’ll don’t need a bike to participate. Support vehicles will be needed. I suppose most of the U.S. will be there in spirit. Those of us who are lucky to still have employment still need to work their knickers off to survive these days. Perhaps red/white/blue boys can adorn people’s homes in support?” suggested Trish Zysk.

Options for those who cannot make the trek to D.C.?

“Organize a ride to your own state Capitol! Get with like-mined folks and get started planning! Someone take a lead in your state and get the event in motion.”

Also, get with your ‘Impeach Obama Overpass’ organization.

“Whatever you decide please do something to support America on 911!”

See a video on the event:

While the American Muslim Political Action Committee originally billed its offering as the “Million Muslim March,” it now has been changed to the “Million American March Against Fear.”

The promoters initially said their march was to protest “anti-Islamic bigotry in the years that ensued the al-Qaida terrorist attacks that killed nearly 3,000 people on American soil.”

Now the group says its goal is to “ask all individuals and organizations working for peace to attend this collective action to tell our government leaders we want transparency and policies of peace. In the past 12 years since 9/11 the United States government as failed to protect and promote constitutional liberties and human life, here and abroad. We feel that accountability in government has been ignored and the time has arrived to collectively speak truth to power.”

An early statement from the group said, “On 9.11.01 our country was forever changed by the horrific events in New York. The entire country was victimized by the acts done on that day. Muslim and non Muslim alike were traumatized but we as Muslims continue 12 years later to be victimized by being made the villains. To this day every media outlet and anti Islamic organization has committed slanderous and libel statements against us as Muslims and our religion of Islam.”

ACT for America founder Brigitte Gabriel blasted the organization.

“It is amazing how fast they changed the original language on their website claiming victimhood, bigotry, and unfair treatment since Sept. 11th 2001,” Gabriel said. “Once they were confronted and debated by people like me who pointed out to them that in the last four years alone we have arrested on American soil 226 home grown terrorists. One-hundred eighty six of them were Muslims. Not Jews. Not Hindus, not Buddhist. But Muslims.”

Gabriel says the facts are that Muslim immigrants to the U. S. are responsible for a disproportionally large number of domestic terrorism cases.

“Of all immigrants who have ever immigrated to America since its birth, America never encountered such hatred and terrorism coming out of one faith based group in our country that accounts for less than 2 percent of the American population and is now responsible for over 80 percent of attacks against America,” she said.

“In 11 years since 911, the Islamic American community has not organized a one million man march to condemn Islamic terrorism against America and call Hamas, al-Qaida, Hezbollah, al-Shabaab, and other groups by their names – terrorists,” Gabriel said.

“Instead they are rallying to condemn America for what they call unfair policy here and abroad. It is about time the Muslim American community comes out and condemns every imam’s preaching in mosques throughout America who advocates overthrowing our democracy and inciting hatred against infidels and America,” Gabriel said.

“They should be coming out by the millions supporting America and its policy in eradicating Islamic terrorism, supremacy and violence,” Gabriel said.
Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/08/bikers-to...dXY86euqRlT.99

Contact Links in the article, for those who can go to D.C.

Last edited by redvtt; 08-27-2013 at 07:12 PM.
Old 08-27-2013, 07:13 PM   #65
sub006
CF Senior Member

Two million bikes in DC? I predict some LONG lines at the gas stations when the little peanut tanks need to be refilled for the trip home.
sub006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 07:20 PM   #66
redvtt
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerBiker View Post
I had the accident on the FLH then I got the FLHTC-U. I even had the optional backrest. That scoot was nice. Allowed me to ride for another 10 years or so but after a while that was getting difficult. Now days spending over 3 hours in the vette starts to get to me. Getting old is a B*tch.

My C4 seat paralyzed my *** after 3-4 hours - no cush left.

I'm 60; have a 2001 HD Deuce now. Before I get too old, I'll probably go with a newer Road King.
Old 08-27-2013, 07:34 PM   #67
Z06 RB
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redvtt View Post

My C4 seat paralyzed my *** after 3-4 hours - no cush left.

I'm 60; have a 2001 HD Deuce now. Before I get too old, I'll probably go with a newer Road King.
I have a FATBOY and an Ultra Classic. I have ridden my Ultra in all of the lower 48 states. There is no way I could have done that on the FATBOY.
Z06 RB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:04 PM   #68
SPIVET
CF Senior Member

Two million bikers are gonna need A LOT OF TOWELS to check their DIRTY oil after their journey. PERFECT!

SPIVET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:15 PM   #69
RadarP3C
CF Senior Member

Send a message via AIM to RadarP3C

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIVET View Post
Two million bikers are gonna need A LOT OF TOWELS to check their DIRTY oil after their journey. PERFECT!
You racist.

Radar

A friend will bail you out of jail....... A true friend will be there sitting next to you saying "Damn, that was fun!"
RadarP3C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:28 PM   #70
nitronick
CF Senior Member

Prediction.....

There will be at most a couple thousand muzzies show up. The media will use obscure camera angles in an attempt to make the crowd look larger or to cover for the lack of attendance.

There will be well over 2 million bikers, and the media won't show a single one of them.
nitronick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 12:17 AM   #71
Rule292
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub006 View Post
Two million bikes in DC? I predict some LONG lines at the gas stations when the little peanut tanks need to be refilled for the trip home.
Nope.

It'll be a bunch of fat-arsed old guys on geezer glides.

We've got 6 gallon tanks now, you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitronick View Post
Prediction.....

There will be at most a couple thousand muzzies show up. The media will use obscure camera angles in an attempt to make the crowd look larger or to cover for the lack of attendance.

There will be well over 2 million bikers, and the media won't show a single one of them.
You can guarantee that.

The muzzies will be shown as a conciliatory crowd of flag-waving Americans.

The slimeball MSM will pick out the odd grubby biker with obscenities on his jacket and he'll be the poster boy for the other million good guys that are there.

Bet on it.
Rule292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 12:51 AM   #72
redvtt
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 RB View Post
I have a FATBOY and an Ultra Classic. I have ridden my Ultra in all of the lower 48 states. There is no way I could have done that on the FATBOY.

An Ultra or Road King is next, whether or not I keep the Deuce. It has 3,200 miles on it - I got it in new condition, lots of chrome, custom flamed HD tank/fender set. I haven't had it out much this year, lots of work to do. I'm almost done ...

My neighbor has a ~$40,000 CVO Road Glide, IIRC. Very nice. He'll go ride ~800 miles on a weekend, just for kicks. He loves that bike so much, he rides it to Taco Bell for dinner.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:25 AM   #73
Interceptor430
CF Senior Member
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Who is going?
Let's ride!
Interceptor430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:24 AM   #74
evo8act
CF Senior Member

I am going bright and early with a couple of friends. If anyone is trying to meet up let me know.
evo8act is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:58 AM   #75
tempest62
CF Senior Member

Gabriel says the facts are that Muslim immigrants to the U. S. are responsible for a disproportionally large number of domestic terrorism cases.

“Of all immigrants who have ever immigrated to America since its birth, America never encountered such hatred and terrorism coming out of one faith based group in our country that accounts for less than 2 percent of the American population and is now responsible for over 80 percent of attacks against America,” she said.

“In 11 years since 911, the Islamic American community has not organized a one million man march to condemn Islamic terrorism against America and call Hamas, al-Qaida, Hezbollah, al-Shabaab, and other groups by their names – terrorists,” Gabriel said.

“Instead they are rallying to condemn America for what they call unfair policy here and abroad. It is about time the Muslim American community comes out and condemns every imam’s preaching in mosques throughout America who advocates overthrowing our democracy and inciting hatred against infidels and America,” Gabriel said.

----------------

but dave1 says muslims in america are different. that america is safe.

what an idiot
tempest62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:58 AM

Go Back   Corvette Forum > Off Topic > Politics, Religion & Controversy
Reload this Page 2 million Motorcycles to DC on 9/11/13 to counter million Muslim march