Go Back   Corvette Forum > Off Topic > Politics, Religion & Controversy
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!

Corvette Store

C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads

Vendor Directory

Old 05-02-2013, 05:56 PM   #81
SeaFive
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot4 View Post
NO, we do away with the people who are trying to prevent us from worshipping in a way we choose. I do believe that one of the founding principles of this country was religious freedom.....

For most here, another Simple Concept.
SeaFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:59 PM   #82
LTC Z06
Get Some!
Support Corvetteforum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboatguy View Post

If you guys (meant to be gender neutral all inclusive term IOT not to offend anyone) have been in the Military recently and have never seen problems your either not close enough to the deck-plates or you may be part of the problem. Because it looked to me like it was getting worse but that could have been I was finally in positions where people were coming to me to REPORT IT....

Mike
Be specific. How many times did Sailors come to you saying a higher up was forcing them to listen to them or attend a service?
LTC Z06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:04 PM   #83
Dr. Evil
CF Senior Member
CI 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
CI-IV AutoX Champ
CI-IV Burnout Champ
St. Jude Donor '07-'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboatguy View Post

If you guys meant to be gender neutral all inclusive term IOT not to offend anyone have been in the Military recently and have never seen problems your either not close enough to the deck-plates or you may be part of the problem. Mike
Good lord, are you being intentially obtuse? I'm pretty sure a LtCol qualifies as being in a position for people to report it to. Are you saying that a self admitted agnostic LtCol is now part of the problem or that he is'nt "close enough to the deckplates"?
Hell, I'm just a former flight chief (squad leader to you Army types) and I've not seen any issues with it at my level at home or deployed. We did have chaplains stop by periodically and talk with the troops while they were working static posts in Iraq and they were able to identify and correct some issues the airmen had.

Wally,
the stuff going on at the AFA is well documented and is not representative of the rest of the AF. No one should have religious viewpoints forced on them. Without getting too deep into a debate on moral relativism, social norms, ethics, utilitarianism and so forth I do think there is a place in the military to at least expose future leadership to elements of religion since in most cases it forms the basis for moral landscapes. It also can be an important part of formulating a strategy(another topic). Ethics, their respective orgins and how they affect our decisions should be a part of a military education. You don't want a guy at the trigger of artillery, bombs, nukes that has no concept of morality. JMO.
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:08 PM   #84
gryphon
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaFive View Post
it's fine to take a cheap shot at the beliefs of others (eg WIZARD) but not willing to post up your own WIZARD.
That's a fair point.
gryphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:10 PM   #85
WICKEDFRC
CF Senior Member

By all means.....But first, lets execute that Muslim piece of ****, Hassan, for murdering 13 innocent men, women, and children on Fort Hood.

Wow....At times, I am so disgusted with our nation and our military leadership.
WICKEDFRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:11 PM   #86
LTC Z06
Get Some!
Support Corvetteforum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
Good lord, are you being intentially obtuse? I'm pretty sure a LtCol qualifies as being in a position for people to report it to. Are you saying that a self admitted agnostic LtCol is now part of the problem or that he is'nt "close enough to the deckplates"?
Hell, I'm just a former flight chief (squad leader to you Army types) and I've not seen any issues with it at my level at home or deployed. We did have chaplains stop by periodically and talk with the troops while they were working static posts in Iraq and they were able to identify and correct some issues the airmen had.

My guess is he is hyper sensitive, like a Black person that sees racism in the most innocent of things, he was surrounded by "Bible-thumpers" trying to oppress him.
LTC Z06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:23 PM   #87
BoostManiac
CF Senior Member

What country is this again??!!
BoostManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:33 PM   #88
URUSAINA
CF Senior Member

Key word proselytization

Similar to a reformed drunkard (Me) scrutinizing every sip of liquor/ beer you drink with witty associations to your eventual downfall......

I doubt the regular church goer has anything to fear......
URUSAINA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:34 AM   #89
Dr. Evil
CF Senior Member
CI 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
CI-IV AutoX Champ
CI-IV Burnout Champ
St. Jude Donor '07-'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTC Z06 View Post
My guess is he is hyper sensitive, like a Black person that sees racism in the most innocent of things, he was surrounded by "Bible-thumpers" trying to oppress him.
My thoughts as well. If someone invites me to church I do not get offended. I either decline or accept in a polite manner, its as simple as that. Some get offended by such an offer. To me its no different than the people at the supermarket trying to get you to try a sample of cheese on a cracker. I dont respond with "are you saying I'm fat/too skinny/omg I'm a vegan those poor cows!!!"
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 05:32 AM   #90
Grumpy
Cruise-In 5-6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-10-'11-12-'13-'14
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Click the image to open in full size.
Grumpy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:01 AM   #91
leadfoot4
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Click the image to open in full size.
leadfoot4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:01 AM

Go Back   Corvette Forum > Off Topic > Politics, Religion & Controversy
Reload this Page Breaking: Pentagon Confirms May Court Martial Soldiers Who Share Christian Faith