Go Back   Corvette Forum > Off Topic > Politics, Religion & Controversy
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Albums Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ
Search
Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!


Corvette Store
 
 
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads
 
 
Vendor Directory
  
Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-05-2012, 05:22 PM   #41
RetiredSFC 97
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '09-'10

 
RetiredSFC 97's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2009
Location: Somewhere in Mo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by calwldlife View Post
Ed Ansner is a self described communist.
I wonder how much he got paid.
I know he never worked for free in the TV and movie industry.

Wow, is there any more proof needed that the teachers union is
infested with anti American setiment?
He is a socialist according to him, he stops short of communism but makes no bones about being a socialist. But I suspect it does indeed go further.

This type of act cannot be allowed to proceed. If it does, this country is screwed.
RetiredSFC 97 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:22 PM   #42
694speed350
CF Senior Member
 
694speed350's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2005
Location: vonore Tn
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by calwldlife View Post
Ed Ansner is a self described communist.
I wonder how much he got paid.
I know he never worked for free in the TV and movie industry.

Wow, is there any more proof needed that the teachers union is
infested with anti American setiment?
Just like todays Democratic/liberal/marxist/communist party (all the same)
694speed350 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:28 PM   #43
calwldlife
CF Senior Member
 
calwldlife's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2007
Location: Southern Cal Ca
Default

Ed is both
Quote:
In 1984 Ed Asner was one of the "co-sponsors" of the Ninth Annual Banquet of the Labor Research Association . This organization was identified as a Communist Party USA front. It cooperated with the Soviet international front group, the World Federation of Trade Unions.

The banquet honored Democratic Congressman Charles Hayes. Other cosponsors included Howard Metzenbaum and Bella Abzug.[2]
http://www.keywiki.org/index.php/Ed_..._front_sponsor
calwldlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:29 PM   #44
Poppa Bud
CF Senior Member
Cruise-In IX Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

 
Poppa Bud's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2006
Location: Beaver Lick, KY
Default

Anybody else think that the rich guy in the video bears a resemblance to Ed Asner?

I wonder why they don't show the graph that explains how the rich pay 90% of income taxes while 47% of the rest don't pay their fair share?
Poppa Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:30 PM   #45
RetiredSFC 97
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '09-'10

 
RetiredSFC 97's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2009
Location: Somewhere in Mo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppa Bud View Post
Anybody else think that the rich guy in the video bears a resemblance to Ed Asner?

I wonder why they don't show the graph that explains how the rich pay 90% of income taxes while 47% of the rest don't pay their fair share?
They will never tell the truth, it hurts their cause.
RetiredSFC 97 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:53 PM   #46
694speed350
CF Senior Member
 
694speed350's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2005
Location: vonore Tn
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredSFC 97 View Post
They will never tell the truth, it hurts their cause.
They never will. The Communist party has infiltrated the Democratic party for years and years. Most of the things they are doing now would make Stalin proud.
694speed350 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:18 PM   #47
Mr turbo rotary
CF Senior Member
 
Mr turbo rotary's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2000
Location: Va. Beach Va.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by racebum View Post
video seems pretty accurate, i like it
Then you are completely ignorant.
Mr turbo rotary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:35 PM   #48
owebo
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '11
 
owebo's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2006
Location: Washigton, DC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr turbo rotary View Post
Then you are completely ignorant.
It would be more accurate having the liberal teachers pissing on the children......
owebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:18 PM   #49
Chambered
CF Senior Member
 
Chambered's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2005
Location: Milford Michigan
Default

I just got an e-mail with this in it & watched most of it (could not make it through the whole asinine thing). Un-fricking-believable.
Chambered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:23 PM   #50
racebum
CF Senior Member

 
racebum's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr turbo rotary View Post
Then you are completely ignorant.
i know i know, i'm wrong, our education system is wrong.

damn them left commies!

keep wanting to raid my yacht money !

i don't know why those lefties just don't understand my 12th home remodel is more important than some guy eating. insane i tell you
racebum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:23 PM   #51
BradSW
CF Senior Member
 
BradSW's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2000
Location: San Diego CA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIMMESOME View Post
Well, your truth. But I guess that's ok. Who want's their kids to grow up to be free-thinkers anyway.
Oh don't even think you're not a g-d liar.
BradSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:41 PM   #52
SilverC1
CF Senior Member

 
SilverC1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2005
Default

It IS an interesting question as to who the intended audience is for this cartoon video, as it no doubt cost a non-trivial amount to produce.

I will not be surprised at all if it starts being shown in classrooms, at PTA meetings, etc. And woe to the students whose parents complain!

Teachers want to be viewed as professionals, but when they are represented by organizations like the CFT and CTA they become interchangeable laborers, driven to the lowest common denominator, by design. And in a larger sense, that is the societal objective of the unions and their political allies - to drive all of society to the lowest common denominator. Pathetic.
SilverC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:01 PM   #53
Red99SS
CF Senior Member

 
Red99SS's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2005
Location: Monmouth County NJ
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by racebum View Post
i don't know why those lefties just don't understand my 12th home remodel is more important than some guy eating. insane i tell you
The point is it's none of your freaking business what I do with my own money.
Red99SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:16 PM   #54
blaforce
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14
Support Corvetteforum!
 
blaforce's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2011
Location: Lake Tahoe CA
Default

Welcome to my world. My daughter challenged a teacher asking for his sources when he was spewing his left wing cr*p. She was shouted down my the other high school students and the teacher refused to reveal his sources. Her reports had to slant left or she would get marked down on her grade.
blaforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:18 PM   #55
Mr turbo rotary
CF Senior Member
 
Mr turbo rotary's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2000
Location: Va. Beach Va.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by racebum View Post
i know i know, i'm wrong, our education system is wrong.

damn them left commies!

keep wanting to raid my yacht money !

i don't know why those lefties just don't understand my 12th home remodel is more important than some guy eating. insane i tell you
Actually what you need to do is take a 101 BASIC economic class at your local community college. When you believe the absolute stupidity in a video like that you are clueless. The biggest fallacy and the entire premise of that video is the limited pie, zero sum game. If someone else makes more, you make less.

Just because Bill Gates or Donald Trump got richer faster than you does not imply they took food out of your mouth, that you would have more if they had less, or that you did not get richer too.

This idea that what one guy gets, the other guy of necessity has lost is just about as bogus an idea as exists. The contrary is one of the most fundamental ideas in economics.

Productivity increases and grows the potential pie, which results with more for everybody, more profits, lower prices, and higher wages. That has been the economic history of the United States and why our living standards are so much better than 100 years ago or 50 years ago or 20 years ago. That is what it means when "productivity increases" or "GDP per capita grows". The pie isn't limited or fixed.


Go get a little education and quit being ignorant and falling for leftist propaganda and class warfare.

Simply stunning, no wonder we are in the shape we are now in.
Mr turbo rotary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:25 PM   #56
racebum
CF Senior Member

 
racebum's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr turbo rotary View Post
Actually what you need to do is take a 101 BASIC economic class at your local community college. When you believe the absolute stupidity in a video like that you are clueless. The biggest fallacy and the entire premise of that video is the limited pie, zero sum game. If someone else makes more, you make less.

Just because Bill Gates or Donald Trump got richer faster than you does not imply they took food out of your mouth, that you would have more if they had less, or that you did not get richer too.

This idea that what one guy gets, the other guy of necessity has lost is just about as bogus an idea as exists. The contrary is one of the most fundamental ideas in economics.

Productivity increases and grows the potential pie, which results with more for everybody, more profits, lower prices, and higher wages. That has been the economic history of the United States and why our living standards are so much better than 100 years ago or 50 years ago or 20 years ago. That is what it means when "productivity increases" or "GDP per capita grows". The pie isn't limited or fixed.


Go get a little education and quit being ignorant and falling for leftist propaganda and class warfare.

Simply stunning, no wonder we are in the shape we are now in.


economics was actually my major before i left

this video has nothing to do with conventional econ

it's political and class-ist you could say. it's a direct attack on the rich. is kind of done in a propaganda style but my general dislike for republicans still makes me LOL at it and cheer on

those of you that make the trickle down argument and others always seem to forget the white elephant in the room that are commodities. commodities are why we expanded and why we took off, not politics and not some company that provided "growth"

we wouldn't have any of this if it were not for dead dinosaurs

the econ argument is a ruse that overlooks this glaring fact

Last edited by racebum; 12-05-2012 at 09:27 PM.
racebum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:37 PM   #57
Mr turbo rotary
CF Senior Member
 
Mr turbo rotary's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2000
Location: Va. Beach Va.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by racebum View Post
economics was actually my major before i left
Oh BS. Did you leave before you ever attended?

Quote:
Originally Posted by racebum View Post
this video has nothing to do with conventional econ
It has everything to do with econ, the rich don't pay their fair share and what they make they steal from the lower classes. What planet are you on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by racebum View Post
it's political and class-ist you could say. it's a direct attack on the rich. is kind of done in a propaganda style but my general dislike for republicans still makes me LOL at it and cheer on
No, you like it because you buy the class warfare babble.


Quote:
Originally Posted by racebum View Post
those of you that make the trickle down argument and others always seem to forget the white elephant in the room that are commodities. commodities are why we expanded and why we took off, not politics and not some company that provided "growth"
Now I know you never had any econ.

Tell me how commodities "took off" and exploded our economic growth? This should be good.
Mr turbo rotary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:42 PM   #58
racebum
CF Senior Member

 
racebum's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr turbo rotary View Post
Oh BS. Did you leave before you ever attended?

It has everything to do with econ, the rich don't pay their fair share and what they make they steal from the lower classes. What planet are you on?

No, you like it because you buy the class warfare babble.


Now I know you never had any econ.

Tell me how commodities "took off" and exploded our economic growth? This should be good.
tell me how you start your car without gas?

tell me how you build your car without steel?

tell me how you create a job in industry without a slew of commodities

strip out commodities and imagine what our country would look like
racebum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:47 PM   #59
Grumpy
Moderator
Cruise-In 5-6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-10-'11-12-'13-'14
NCM Sinkhole Donor
 
Grumpy's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2001
Location: What I know, is dwarfed by what I pretend to know

Default

howsabout instead of hijacking my thread, you start your own about commodities
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:47 PM   #60
Mr turbo rotary
CF Senior Member
 
Mr turbo rotary's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2000
Location: Va. Beach Va.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by racebum View Post
tell me how you start your car without gas?

tell me how you build your car without steel?

tell me how you create a job in industry without a slew of commodities

strip out commodities and imagine what our country would look like
We have had fossil fuels for well over a century as has the world. What exactly does that have to do with supply side economic theory?
Mr turbo rotary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:47 PM
 
Go Back   Corvette Forum > Off Topic > Politics, Religion & Controversy
Reload this Page Calif. Teachers Union Releases Cartoon Video Featuring ‘The Rich’
 
 
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Click for Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:58 PM.


Emails & Password Backup

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2