Go Back   Corvette Forum > Off Topic > Politics, Religion & Controversy
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!

Corvette Store

C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads

Vendor Directory

Old 10-17-2012, 04:28 PM   #1
jhammons01
CF Senior Member

Default Get the Transcript! (what? )

in the now famous interjection by Candy Crowley......Right at 1:58 in this clip, Obumble summons Candy to "Get the transcript" which she has in her fat little hand and she starts waiving it at Romney.

Why is no one questioning this other than just passing comments??

This to me is the absolute smoking gun and shouldn't be allowed to pass one more moment without having a few answers from both CNN and Obumble (as if the admin would answer)

Does anyone else feel like I do or is it just me?
jhammons01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 04:29 PM   #2
KarlK
CF Senior Member

That's was a total surprise to me too, pretty convenient huh?

Then Barry, like a little school boy who had just fooled the teacher, asked her to say it a little louder and she did!
KarlK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 04:31 PM   #3
KenHorse
Arrest the Criminal Obama
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Aurora, OR by way of Maui..... The Obama Regime is The Most Dishonest, Corrupt And Criminal In US History©

Not to mention that she later walked back her claim that Obama was correct. In fact, she admitted she was wrong when she said Obama was right.

Of course, the ObamaZombies won't talk about that...
KenHorse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 04:31 PM   #4
z edge
CF Senior Member

okay, where are the zombies at to defend this one?

z edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 04:31 PM   #5
KarlK
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenHorse View Post
Not to mention that she later walked back her claim that Obama was correct. In fact, she admitted she was wrong when she said Obama was right.

Of course, the ObamaZombies won't talk about that...
Nor will millions hear her retraction, damage is done.
Old 10-17-2012, 04:54 PM   #6
BenThere
CF Senior Member

Location: Chandler, AZ but, in January 2009, we all entered the Twilight Zone
I do have one.  If interested, PM me.

Oh, I noticed it all right. I was as dumbfounded as Romney at the time. It was, like, WTF?? My wife looked at me and asked what the heck is going on?

It seems to get more sorrid as time goes by. This episode won't go away too soon, either.
BenThere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:14 PM   #7
jerrybramlett
CF Senior Member

Default More info, please.

That particular video clip doesn't show her waving a transcript immediately following Obama's request. It doesn't have a camera on her at all. I actually thought Obama was directing his comment at Romney.

Did another network show the moderator waving something at Romney? If so, I'd sure like to know why she had that transcript copy in front of her during the debate.

Edit: After watching the video again, I'm certain Obama took his eyes off Romney and looked somewhere else (at the moderator?) as he said "Get the transcript". He also had a smug tone in his voice like it was a set-up. Hard for me to credit him with thinking that far ahead though.

Last edited by jerrybramlett; 10-17-2012 at 05:22 PM.
jerrybramlett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:21 PM   #8
Turbodude
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '08

Exactly.

Why on earth should she have a copy of the transcript at her fingertips?

They were tag teaming Mitt....as expected by most here.

The GOP needs to grow a pair and exercise better advance QA over the debate process. The parties should have the ability to call time-out, or terminate the debate on the spot if rules are violated without immediate correction. Without the implied threat of this, the MSM will continue to pizz on the GOP.
Turbodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:22 PM   #9
DocKevin
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrybramlett View Post
That particular video clip doesn't show her waving a transcript immediately following Obama's request. It doesn't have a camera on her at all. I actually thought Obama was directing his comment at Romney.

Did another network show the moderator waving something at Romney? If so, I'd sure like to know why she had that transcript copy in front of her during the debate.
She did. See the below link. At approximately 1:30 is when the set-up begins. You can see right before Obama says "Get the transcript", she moves her hand towards the middle of the podium and almost picks up a paper before waiting as though she were anticipating it. Then, after Obama says "Get the transcript" she picks up the paper to show it and says that Obama did in fact call it an act of terror.

It is important to note that Crowley completely backtracked after the debate, said Romney was right, she was wrong, and was wrong for saying Obama was right (indicating he was wrong as well).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzdWnigWY0o

I can't get the video to show up here even using the YouTube button, so if someone knows how, feel free. This video shows Crowley holding the transcript and Obama saying "Get the transcript".

Last edited by DocKevin; 10-17-2012 at 05:25 PM.
DocKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:27 PM   #10
Nimrod
CF Senior Member

Location: Willow Glen, Ca...... Oh No! Not Another Learning Experience!

total set-up

Nimrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:33 PM   #11
jerrybramlett
CF Senior Member

Default Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocKevin View Post
She did. See the below link. At approximately 1:30 is when the set-up begins. You can see right before Obama says "Get the transcript", she moves her hand towards the middle of the podium and almost picks up a paper before waiting as though she were anticipating it. Then, after Obama says "Get the transcript" she picks up the paper to show it and says that Obama did in fact call it an act of terror.

It is important to note that Crowley completely backtracked after the debate, said Romney was right, she was wrong, and was wrong for saying Obama was right (indicating he was wrong as well).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzdWnigWY0o

I can't get the video to show up here even using the YouTube button, so if someone knows how, feel free. This video shows Crowley holding the transcript and Obama saying "Get the transcript".
I agree. The whole thing looks like a set-up requiring cooperation from the moderator. I can't believe that the moderator had transcripts of all Obama and Romney speeches in front of her so she could immediately verify any quote from the past.
Old 10-17-2012, 05:36 PM   #12
Guibo
CF Senior Member

Crowley had multiple pieces of paper with her. You can't conclude that any one of them was the transcript.
Secondly, she didn't backtrack on anything.

"on Starting Point this morning, Crowley debunked this right-wing media narrative, explaining: 'I didn't say anything different off the air than I said" at the debate.'"
http://mediamatters.org/blog/2012/10...wley-wa/190691

What Crowley said about Romney being right was his point about the delay in the narrative changing from riots to a planned attack; this is information that the intelligence community gave to the WH and Congress, and did not change until they knew more facts. But Crowley said this during the debate. It was not after the fact. During the debate, she said both men were right: Obama did characterize the event as an attack of terror (which Romney, incorrectly, said he had not), and Romney was right about the delay as more information came out.
Guibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:39 PM   #13
owebo
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '11

I am glad she corrected herself....she would have been an idiot if she didn't....
owebo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:39 PM   #14
X-ZZ4
CF Senior Member
Cruise-In II Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14
Support Corvetteforum!

Send a message via AIM to X-ZZ4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlK View Post
Nor will millions hear her retraction, damage is done.

Yep. Damage done, the lie is spreading.
Attached Images

X-ZZ4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:49 PM   #15
jdmick
CF Senior Member

Axelrod and his minions likely have had a Benghazi mitigation team in place for several weeks now. All they had to do was forward a video clip and the "attacks of terror" talking point in advance to Candace with some urgent memo label and she was in the bag. Willing or unwillingly she was in on the setup.
jdmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:50 PM   #16
jerrybramlett
CF Senior Member

Default Yes, I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guibo View Post
Crowley had multiple pieces of paper with her. You can't conclude that any one of them was the transcript. ...
Please show me the other times that night when she held up anything in her hand while talking. I missed them all.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:02 PM   #17
Guibo
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Please show me the other times that night when she held up anything in her hand while talking. I missed them all.
She held up papers at other points during the debate. Just because she had papers while talking doesn't mean that those were the transcripts. In fact, if you watch her post-debate interviews, she indicated she was going on what she remembered about the Rose Garden speech; she didn't say she had the transcript right in her hand that would have proved Romney wrong. She wanted to move the debate on past this issue; she could have been holding the paper with information about people asking questions that night.
Guibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:02 PM   #18
owebo
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '11

Quote:
It looked like Obama had an ear bud in too.....
owebo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:10 PM   #19
KarlK
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by owebo View Post
It looked like Obama had an ear bud in too.....
Ear bud? as big as those flaps are I'd bet Axlenimrod and Gibbs were camped out in them.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:17 PM   #20
123sugey
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Obumhead new exactly what to expect. Corrupt as hell
123sugey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:17 PM

Go Back   Corvette Forum > Off Topic > Politics, Religion & Controversy
Reload this Page Get the Transcript! (what? )