Go Back   Corvette Forum > Off Topic > Politics, Religion & Controversy
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Albums Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ
Search
Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!

Corvette Store

C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads

Vendor Directory

Old 08-07-2012, 05:25 AM   #1
Trainman-2
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Obama Lunch Rules

Kyle Olson
Aug 07, 2012

Obama’s war on meat continues with new school lunch requirements.

President Obama’s legacy may be that he successfully forced schoolchildren to eat less meat and more vegetables.

The school lunch regulations championed by his administration, and in particular First Lady Michelle Obama, take effect next month and they have schools and parents scrambling.

Not scrambling eggs, of course – too much cholesterol.

The implementation of the regulations comes on the heels of his Department of Agriculture being shamed into repealing a “Meatless Mondays” program in its employee cafeterias – a program that has already grown roots in government schools.

“As parents, we try to prepare decent meals, limit how much junk food our kids eat, and ensure they have a reasonably balanced diet,” said First Lady Michelle Obama in a USDA press release.

“And when we’re putting in all that effort the last thing we want is for our hard work to be undone each day in the school cafeteria. When we send our kids to school, we expect that they won’t be eating the kind of fatty, salty, sugary foods that we try to keep them from eating at home. We want the food they get at school to be the same kind of food we would serve at our own kitchen tables,” she said.

So those “fatty, salty” things like hamburgers will become smaller. Unless, of course, they’re black bean burgers.

And students can expect to see bigger portions of fruits, vegetables and whole grains.

Gone are hot dogs. In is “whole wheat spaghetti”! Good bye bean and cheese burrito. Hello cantaloupe wedges and green pepper strips!

Obama’s USDA is creating a nation of vegetarians, by regulation. Take that cattle ranchers!

But have no fear: We’re told the regulations don’t apply to “brown bag lunches.”

Yeah, tell that to the mother of a North Carolina four-year-old who last February received her daughter’s lunch back unopened, with a bill enclosed for $1.25.

That was because the lunch didn’t meet the requirements of the bureaucrat who inspected it and forced the four-year-old to eat the school lunch.

School lunches are the latest way for the “experts” to tell parents how to live their lives and educate their children. Of course, these are the same “experts” who are overseeing school systems with multi-million dollar deficits, pitiful graduation rates and students unprepared for higher education.

But at least they’re safe from the deadly hamburger.

Kyle is Founder and CEO of Education Action Group Foundation, a non-partisan non-profit organization with the goal of promoting sensible education reform and exposing those with a vested interest in maintaining the status quo.

http://townhall.com/columnists/kyleo...les/page/full/
Trainman-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:27 AM   #2
Trainman-2
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Government Knows Best!

If you are not sure about the above statement, ask any liberal, bureaucrat, or tree hugger and they will confirm it!
Trainman-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:09 AM   #3
solid dobe
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainman-2 View Post
Kyle Olson
Aug 07, 2012

Yeah, tell that to the mother of a North Carolina four-year-old who last February received her daughter’s lunch back unopened, with a bill enclosed for $1.25.
That was because the lunch didn’t meet the requirements of the bureaucrat who inspected it and forced the four-year-old to eat the school lunch.
un-freakin-real
solid dobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:51 AM   #4
Victor
CF Senior Member

I wouldn't say government knows best about how to feed my kids, but the intent is noble. (I'm not at all saying that I support this).

Most parents, when left up to their own devices, just let their kids eat whatever they want and get fat - then they blame genetics on it. Hmmm If genetics is the reason people are fat, why weren't there any fat people in Nazi concentration camps?

The same attitude translates to everyother aspect of raising a kid too.

Whatever. Let the masses gorge themselves with all this awesome highly processed sugary and salty food. Then while they're eating their twinkies and dorritos and washing it down with gatorade they can play excessively violent video games instead of running around outside and playing how kids should be playing. Instead of parents actually parenting their kids they can leave that to the schools and then get outraged when their kid grows up with a half-assed education and they aren't competitive in the global economy.

Parents, it's all your fault.

At least the government is trying to do something about it. Parents apparently aren't willing to step up to the plate (no pun intended [really]). I guess the government should just step aside and let our country's next generation fail.

Parents need to step up and actually invest time into their kids instead of spending it on facebook and texting. I bring my kids to the park all the time and I find it amazing how many of the parents there are just sitting on the side tapping away on their phone instead of playing with their kids. Even when a parent is pushing their kid in a swing, they have a phone in their ear half the time. The parents are physically with their kid, but mentally, they aren't. The same attitude transfers over to every other part of the kid's life, growth, and development. Will that same parent be their to make their kid eat their vegetables or will they just give them a candybar because they don't want to be pulled away from American Idol? Will the parent spend 20 minutes running around the yard actually playing and interacting with their kid, or will they just pass a video game to them so that they can log onto facebook and not be bothered with the kid? Will the parent spend two hours trying to tutor their kid and help them learn their multiplication tables when they get a failing grade in school?

I have two kids at home (my daughters are about 2 and 4 years old). I know first hand how much work it takes to raise them properly and I'm not just preaching without actually doing. Thats alright, let the masses fail. It'll just make it that much easier for my girls to rise to the top.
Victor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:46 AM   #5
VETTRLZ
CF Senior Member

The government has no business telling parents what their kids should be eating.

Fk the nanny state.
VETTRLZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:50 AM   #6
KenHorse
Obama Must Go
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Aurora, OR by way of Maui..... The Obama Regime is The Most Dishonest, Corrupt And Criminal In US History©

I ****ing DESPISE The Regime with every fiber of my being
KenHorse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:03 PM   #7
Dennis Wilson
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenHorse View Post
I ****ing DESPISE The Regime with every fiber of my being
Second that!
Dennis Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:03 PM

Go Back   Corvette Forum > Off Topic > Politics, Religion & Controversy