Photography The section to share and discuss photos you took and talk about camera gear.

Photo Vision - Color vs. BW images to convey emotions

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2020, 12:05 PM
Nitro-C5

Received 3,079 Likes on 908 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'12, '14-'15

Originally Posted by K.I.T.T.
NitroC5...just a quick edit here to apply to that one photo you have...I just pulled down the background about 80%, leaving some trace of color so it just feels less potent to the photo, but still has a semi-real feel.

For even more I put a base layer of black, then ran the opacity down on the background to 90%, leaving her alone

Then full background desaturation

In final, I increased the blur on the background, settled on about 65% desaturation of the background and essentially drew down the exposure using the opacity/black background method...it's the one I like best (as long as I don't look at it again...lol). Hope you don't mind me putting spin on your art...just trying to add to the convo. Only reason your watermark is gone from this one is because the blur killed it, not intentional
Thank you for taking time to add to the conversation. In the future I would ask that you please ask the Owner of the photos first before you modify their work in this Forum Section. Personally I do not really mind someone experimenting on my photos in a thread where I am asking for input/discussion etc...though asking first would be more appropriate and the respectful thing to do.
Old 08-30-2020, 02:07 PM
KnightDriveTV
Supporting Vendor

Received 2,325 Likes on 994 Posts

No problem. Deleted
Old 09-11-2020, 09:48 PM
carlton_fritz
Team Owner

Received 94 Likes on 31 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Quick Reply: Photo Vision - Color vs. BW images to convey emotions