Performance Results Dyno sheets, Timeslips, Track Records, Who has the Fastest C5 Corvette?

Highest HP/TQ bolt on C5Z? 442/395

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2017, 02:55 PM
redbird555
Drifting

Received 99 Likes on 90 Posts

Actually not many people here seem to be interested in what he did...most people are trying to discredit his results...

If they truly were interested I'm sure he'd share but lots in this thread are too busy saying he has a happy dyno or that the different mods he had won't make any difference over normal in of the mill ones
Old 06-01-2017, 03:59 PM
NosLaser
Le Mans Master

Received 63 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by redbird555
Actually not many people here seem to be interested in what he did...most people are trying to discredit his results...

If they truly were interested I'm sure he'd share but lots in this thread are too busy saying he has a happy dyno or that the different mods he had won't make any difference over normal in of the mill ones
I found his results difficult to believe. I have a scientific mindset, so if the evidence makes sense I have really no choice but to believe where the evidence leads. I've asked questions and I've also responded and acquiesced when things made sense, such as on the injector issue.

But people shouldn't be chastized for asking questions about a unique combination that has yielded results that really haven't been seen before (at least by most people here.)
Old 06-01-2017, 04:02 PM
SOMFormula
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I tuned the car on my dyno. Both the first time, second time, and third time. Scotty did have someone "tune" his car on the street thinking it would make it better (it, actually, made it worse) and he added a MAF with a "MAF curve" that was provided to him (which was horrible and left the car very lean at WOT). So I had to do a lot of clean-up this past visit.

i don't mind answering any questions anyone has about Scotty's build or chain of events with his build.

Im really busy, so I may be a bit slow to respond. I'll chime in with quotes where I can if anyone is interested.
Old 06-01-2017, 04:26 PM
Scotty2000SS
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by NosLaser
I found his results difficult to believe. I have a scientific mindset, so if the evidence makes sense I have really no choice but to believe where the evidence leads. I've asked questions and I've also responded and acquiesced when things made sense, such as on the injector issue.

But people shouldn't be chastized for asking questions about a unique combination that has yielded results that really haven't been seen before (at least by most people here.)
I think it's more so how you're going about asking the questions. Sometimes I feel like you respond as if you are a pimple faced 16 year old lol. We are all here to learn right? That's how I got to where I'm at now
Old 06-01-2017, 04:37 PM
DPnSider
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SOMFormula
I tuned the car on my dyno. Both the first time, second time, and third time. Scotty did have someone "tune" his car on the street thinking it would make it better (it, actually, made it worse) and he added a MAF with a "MAF curve" that was provided to him (which was horrible and left the car very lean at WOT). So I had to do a lot of clean-up this past visit.

i don't mind answering any questions anyone has about Scotty's build or chain of events with his build.

Im really busy, so I may be a bit slow to respond. I'll chime in with quotes where I can if anyone is interested.
That's cool of you to stick up for him like this. Curious - was the MAF curve the lingenfelter curve? I've used that for a starting point myself and had to add at the top end of the curve

Last edited by DPnSider; 06-01-2017 at 04:43 PM.
Old 06-01-2017, 05:01 PM
SOMFormula
Instructor

Originally Posted by DPnSider
That's cool of you to stick up for him like this. Curious - was the MAF curve the lingenfelter curve? I've used that for a starting point myself and had to add at the top end of the curve
I would any of my customers that are down to learn and understand more about this hobby!
He's a good guy that did his homework and he also has taken what I've said to him at our past sessions and has applied them, successfully! Breather, Catch Can, false knock, stuff like that.
And I don't mind helping others with their builds when I can.

I believe he used the Texas Speed MAF curve.
Its a waste of time! I used one of my own I've built and have used successfully from the past. I also use linear smoothing over edited cells for a better blend. It's nice and smooth and consistent!

someone did ask about injector data. His injectors are maxed out. I did warn him. Nothing a set of whites can't fix! Then I can verify and make some minor adjustments in the injector data if he'd like while on the dyno.

also, my dyno is certified by dyno-dynamics on a regular basis. I also don't fudge the "smoothing" of the graph nor the correction multiplier.
Actually, because of this, I was able to see the top end having issues and I found that he had put the timing at 24 degrees (which is scary) on our 91oct Fuel here! The knock sensors had been turned off as well!

But overall, the car feels strong and I'm really interested in seeing what it does at the track!
Old 06-01-2017, 05:45 PM
robz
Le Mans Master

Received 154 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by SOMFormula
I would any of my customers that are down to learn and understand more about this hobby!
He's a good guy that did his homework and he also has taken what I've said to him at our past sessions and has applied them, successfully! Breather, Catch Can, false knock, stuff like that.
And I don't mind helping others with their builds when I can.

I believe he used the Texas Speed MAF curve.
Its a waste of time! I used one of my own I've built and have used successfully from the past. I also use linear smoothing over edited cells for a better blend. It's nice and smooth and consistent!

someone did ask about injector data. His injectors are maxed out. I did warn him. Nothing a set of whites can't fix! Then I can verify and make some minor adjustments in the injector data if he'd like while on the dyno.

also, my dyno is certified by dyno-dynamics on a regular basis. I also don't fudge the "smoothing" of the graph nor the correction multiplier.
Actually, because of this, I was able to see the top end having issues and I found that he had put the timing at 24 degrees (which is scary) on our 91oct Fuel here! The knock sensors had been turned off as well!

But overall, the car feels strong and I'm really interested in seeing what it does at the track!
That's where the work begins.
Old 06-01-2017, 05:59 PM
Scotty2000SS
Pro

Originally Posted by robz
That's where the work begins.
Ain't that the truth!
Old 06-01-2017, 09:45 PM
BoostedLS
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by DPnSider
This showed up in my email, but not in the thread. Thought I'd post it up. If "BoostedLS" checks back in, something weird happened.
Thanks! I wasn't sure what happened. I'm new to the forum but have been following Scotty's threads. I tried posting twice and didn't see anything show up so I gave up.

Nice work op
Old 06-01-2017, 09:57 PM
Scotty2000SS
Pro

Originally Posted by BoostedLS
Thanks! I wasn't sure what happened. I'm new to the forum but have been following Scotty's threads. I tried posting twice and didn't see anything show up so I gave up.

Nice work op
Thanks man. Really appreciate it.

I got the car re aligned today. Seems to hook up better now under acceleration. Maybe the previous owner took it to a road course lol.
Old 06-01-2017, 09:59 PM
DPnSider
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BoostedLS

Nice work op
lol I been trying to turn off the emails
Old 06-03-2017, 09:16 AM
Scotty2000SS
Pro

Gave it my all last night. Finally starting to figure out this clutch after about 20 passes. I've never been the best driver but it's nice having a clutch that takes a beating. I hot lapped it about 6 times around 9:30 pm and got a new PB.

Old 06-03-2017, 09:26 AM
NosLaser
Le Mans Master

Received 63 Likes on 49 Posts

Car is making horsepower.

Even with your non-driving *** 27mph from the 1/8th to the 1/4 NA is making some steam.
Old 06-03-2017, 09:34 AM
Scotty2000SS
Pro

Originally Posted by NosLaser
Car is making horsepower.

Even with your non-driving *** 27mph from the 1/8th to the 1/4 NA is making some steam.
Thanks brother. I appreciate it. Not sure if I like these Toyo drag radials yet lol
Old 06-03-2017, 09:50 AM
Scotty2000SS
Pro

Here's before and after the new tune side by side.
Old 06-04-2017, 04:05 AM
RonSSNova
Safety Car

Received 323 Likes on 264 Posts

Interesting.

I'm a tuner and dyno operator.
Dyno Dynamics to be exact.
So first question, were your numbers right off the Dyno? Or are they from the "Brand X" comparison that Dyno Dynamics provides?
That would be closer to a DJ.

Our customers always frown when we give them the true DD readings. Until they go to the track.

I haven't dyno'd either of the cars listed in my sig.
I only have tuned both at the track.

So what power do you think my LS1 is making?
Old 06-04-2017, 09:45 AM
Scotty2000SS
Pro

Originally Posted by RonSSNova
Interesting.

I'm a tuner and dyno operator.
Dyno Dynamics to be exact.
So first question, were your numbers right off the Dyno? Or are they from the "Brand X" comparison that Dyno Dynamics provides?
That would be closer to a DJ.

Our customers always frown when we give them the true DD readings. Until they go to the track.

I haven't dyno'd either of the cars listed in my sig.
I only have tuned both at the track.

So what power do you think my LS1 is making?
I don't know the answer to your question. The guy who tuned it posted in this thread.

What's the set up on your LS1?

Get notified of new replies

To Highest HP/TQ bolt on C5Z? 442/395

Old 06-04-2017, 11:01 AM
RonSSNova
Safety Car

Received 323 Likes on 264 Posts

Stock bottom end.
Older AFR 205 heads
EPS 226/230 .600 116 cam
Fast 102 intake
LS2 TB
85mm Z06 MAF
Headers
Vararam

Everything but the cam was bought used.

Auto trans, which costs mph due to converter slippage.

Not sure why my .sig doesn't show up automatically any more.

Ron

Last edited by RonSSNova; 06-04-2017 at 12:05 PM.
Old 06-04-2017, 11:33 AM
0WildVettes
Former Vendor

Received 81 Likes on 77 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by Scotty2000SS
I don't know the answer to your question. The guy who tuned it posted in this thread.

What's the set up on your LS1?
What was the DA the day you ran? When I correct mine to a DA of sea level I get 11.95 @ 121.5 mph which seems to be on par with yours. If your car was running that in bad air then you have something there.
Old 06-04-2017, 12:02 PM
Scotty2000SS
Pro

Originally Posted by WildVettes
What was the DA the day you ran? When I correct mine to a DA of sea level I get 11.95 @ 121.5 mph which seems to be on par with yours. If your car was running that in bad air then you have something there.
The DA was around 2000

Quick Reply: Highest HP/TQ bolt on C5Z? 442/395