Performance Results Dyno sheets, Timeslips, Track Records, Who has the Fastest C5 Corvette?

First C7 clutch in a C6!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 05:25 PM
PRE-Z06
Race Director

Received 2,061 Likes on 1,313 Posts

Default First C7 clutch in a C6!

Will be installing one in a Gen 5 camaro next week and of course they work in a C5...

The 6 bolt LT1 conversion flywheels are done. We put one in a C6 and, as you would imagine, the clutch feels just like stock and holds great!

We'll offer these in three packages -

LT1-S - $1,099.99 - Street setup using factory GM discs and our Monster Clutch conversion flywheel. This setup will hold 650 rwhp/rwtq and obviously have factory drivability. There is some very slight gear rollover noise due to the lack of dampened hubs on the disc, upon installation in the test C6 the noise was so minimal we didn't feel the need to change these discs as the torque tube on those cars transmit more noise than any other GM vehicle.

LT1-SC - $1,399.99 - Street/Competition setup uses our dampened ceramic button discs and our Monster Clutch conversion flywheel, the pressure plate and setup on the clutch retains factory components to maintain factory drivability with a more aggressive friction. This setup will hold 1000rwhp/rwtq.

LT1-R - $1,599.99 - Race setup designed for all out performance. It utilizes our sintered iron material and our Monster Clutch conversion flywheel which makes this clutch a stout piece that still keeps factory pedal effort and plate load. This setup will hold 1150 rwhp/rwtq.

If you want to pick up your own clutch from a local GM dealership and just buy the flywheel from us it's going to be $599.99. Each package will contain the GM clutch assembly w/ factory or modified discs (depending on which one you choose), pilot bearing, release bearing (we're applicable), and conversion flywheel. Slave cylinders will be additional.

There are some great features on the LT1 clutches that have really caught our attention. Having a built in pedal stop to keep high rpm pressure plate "float" at bay, nodular iron castings, and a great plate load to bearing load ratio makes this a nice factory clutch! Of course we're not fans of the self adjusting pressure plate, but, they've made some changes to the internals on these that vastly improve the design from the past ones. That said, this is the absolute smoothest twin for your 6 bolt setups, you cannot go wrong.

When we removed/eliminated the dual mass setup from the C7 we were able to reduce the overall weight by 15lbs! The setup now comes in at 53.5 lbs with a billet steel flywheel. If we get enough guys asking about a lighter setup we will offer one, however, the MOI on this is lower than a LS7 so even though the overall weight is pretty close the overall "feel" of the unit is that of a lighter clutch.
Old 11-09-2013, 10:05 AM
CTD
Melting Slicks

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

hmmmmm....this looks interesting. I'm looking to replace my RPS carbon street twin lite, it's to light causing drive ability issue's & pedal pressure isn't friendly to others.
Old 11-09-2013, 03:46 PM
PRE-Z06
Race Director

Originally Posted by CTD
hmmmmm....this looks interesting. I'm looking to replace my RPS carbon street twin lite, it's to light causing drive ability issue's & pedal pressure isn't friendly to others.
Sounds like it would be perfect for your application, don't hesitate if you have any questions.
Old 11-10-2013, 12:20 PM
CTD
Melting Slicks

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

That said, this is the absolute smoothest twin for your 6 bolt setups, you cannot go wrong.

When we removed/eliminated the dual mass setup from the C7 we were able to reduce the overall weight by 15lbs! The setup now comes in at 53.5 lbs with a billet steel flywheel

The weight is perfect for what I'm looking for. These statements are confusing, this is a dual disc correct? You removed/eliminated the dual mass?
Old 11-11-2013, 12:36 AM
All_Motor_C5LS6
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whats special about the C7 clutch?
Old 11-12-2013, 07:48 PM
PRE-Z06
Race Director

Originally Posted by CTD
That said, this is the absolute smoothest twin for your 6 bolt setups, you cannot go wrong.

When we removed/eliminated the dual mass setup from the C7 we were able to reduce the overall weight by 15lbs! The setup now comes in at 53.5 lbs with a billet steel flywheel

The weight is perfect for what I'm looking for. These statements are confusing, this is a dual disc correct? You removed/eliminated the dual mass?
Duall mass flywheel was eliminated and the unit is a dual disc, yes. I apologize for the confusion.

Originally Posted by All_Motor_C5LS6
Whats special about the C7 clutch?
Numerous things.
  • Longer life than any other twin
  • Improved SAC setup allowing longer life and easier pedal effort
  • Built in pedal stop to eliminate high rpm shifting issues
  • "T" rivets to limit floater plate travel further reducing any high rpm shift issues
  • Incredibly light pedal effort
  • Higher plate load and more surface area than the V6 pressure plate used by another twin disc manufacturer
  • Reduced MOI compared to single disc units
  • Cost effective lightweight option with dramatically reduced MOI when compared to other twins on the market - overall weight is not what is important, it is where that weight is!

This is to name a few, if you want me to go into further detail give us a call.
Old 11-12-2013, 07:54 PM
PRE-Z06
Race Director

Lightweight flywheel option now available. We were able to remove 4lbs from the outer edge, dramatically reducing the MOI...it is a $50 upgrade
Old 11-16-2013, 02:17 PM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

Received 252 Likes on 217 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

This looks like a very good option...I'm a big fan of the Luk clutches.

My buddy had a bad day at MIR yesterday with a clutch failure of a big name twin disk manufacturer. From my observations nothing has the reliability of stock.

Keep us posted with some track results.
Old 11-18-2013, 04:56 PM
PRE-Z06
Race Director

Originally Posted by Joe_G
This looks like a very good option...I'm a big fan of the Luk clutches.

My buddy had a bad day at MIR yesterday with a clutch failure of a big name twin disk manufacturer. From my observations nothing has the reliability of stock.

Keep us posted with some track results.
Should have some track results from a C6 this weekend, weather permitting.

I look forward to getting you into one of these when the time comes.
Old 05-31-2014, 10:58 PM
lve2xlr8
Instructor

Can I get an update on your latest impressions? Looking for a very daily drivable clutch setup for my c5z. I live in LA so a lot of stop and go
Old 06-10-2014, 10:49 AM
liquidforce917
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lve2xlr8
Can I get an update on your latest impressions? Looking for a very daily drivable clutch setup for my c5z. I live in LA so a lot of stop and go
I just installed this clutch kit in my H/C/I C5Z. This is a great setup and feels just a tad heavier than stock (hardly worth mentioning). Be sure to replace ALL of you hydraulics and add a remote bleeder!

Message me if you have any additional questions.
Old 06-13-2014, 08:44 PM
0SNL/MonsterClutchCo
Former Vendor

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by liquidforce917
I just installed this clutch kit in my H/C/I C5Z. This is a great setup and feels just a tad heavier than stock (hardly worth mentioning). Be sure to replace ALL of you hydraulics and add a remote bleeder!

Message me if you have any additional questions.
Thank you for the kind words!
Old 08-03-2014, 08:01 PM
fisher auto
Melting Slicks

Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by PRE-Z06
Sounds like it would be perfect for your application, don't hesitate if you have any questions.
OK, what HP are they capable of holding??? Price?
Old 08-04-2014, 03:49 AM
The Highlander
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Will the LT1-S hold 750rwhp?

Thanks
Old 08-05-2014, 07:01 PM
0SNL/MonsterClutchCo
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by fisher auto
OK, what HP are they capable of holding??? Price?
Originally Posted by The Highlander
Will the LT1-S hold 750rwhp?

Thanks
The holding power of a clutch can have many factors driving style, how the power is made (I.E. Nitrous,turbo,N/A), and many other factors. Please shoot me a P.M, email, or give us a call and we can go over specifics and get you a good deal.

Thanks
Old 08-10-2014, 10:28 PM
HP ADDICT
Pro

Sounds interesting. What clutch/flywheel would you recommend for a 95% street driven c6z with hopefully 1-2 trips to the drags every season. Car makes 580rwhp and 525ftlbs. Do you offer any complete packages with the hydrolics etc?
Thanks
Old 08-11-2014, 04:41 PM
0SNL/MonsterClutchCo
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by HP ADDICT
Sounds interesting. What clutch/flywheel would you recommend for a 95% street driven c6z with hopefully 1-2 trips to the drags every season. Car makes 580rwhp and 525ftlbs. Do you offer any complete packages with the hydrolics etc?
Thanks
I would recommend the LT1-S with the standard weight flywheel. We do offer hydraulic replacement parts such as slave cylinders and master cylinders. Give us a call so we can get you the exact package that you need. (817-750-2000)

Get notified of new replies

To First C7 clutch in a C6!

Old 08-12-2014, 11:07 AM
Turbo-Geist
Melting Slicks

Received 176 Likes on 138 Posts
2018 Corvette of Year Finalist
2017 C5 of Year Finalist

Is the clutch/pressure plate rebuildable? Is there any way to offer a flywheel that has a replaceable friction insert?
Old 01-04-2015, 09:16 AM
PeterC6LS3
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Which parts do i need when i want to upgrade my 08 C6 LS3 to a C7 Clutch Kit? Does it feel better than stock LS3/LS7 clutch?

Thanks alot
Old 05-04-2019, 11:30 AM
Z51vette08
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by PRE-Z06
"]
Will be installing one in a Gen 5 camaro next week and of course they work in a C5...

The 6 bolt LT1 conversion flywheels are done. We put one in a C6 and, as you would imagine, the clutch feels just like stock and holds great!

We'll offer these in three packages -

LT1-S - $1,099.99 - Street setup using factory GM discs and our Monster Clutch conversion flywheel. This setup will hold 650 rwhp/rwtq and obviously have factory drivability. There is some very slight gear rollover noise due to the lack of dampened hubs on the disc, upon installation in the test C6 the noise was so minimal we didn't feel the need to change these discs as the torque tube on those cars transmit more noise than any other GM vehicle.

LT1-SC - $1,399.99 - Street/Competition setup uses our dampened ceramic button discs and our Monster Clutch conversion flywheel, the pressure plate and setup on the clutch retains factory components to maintain factory drivability with a more aggressive friction. This setup will hold 1000rwhp/rwtq.

LT1-R - $1,599.99 - Race setup designed for all out performance. It utilizes our sintered iron material and our Monster Clutch conversion flywheel which makes this clutch a stout piece that still keeps factory pedal effort and plate load. This setup will hold 1150 rwhp/rwtq.

If you want to pick up your own clutch from a local GM dealership and just buy the flywheel from us it's going to be $599.99. Each package will contain the GM clutch assembly w/ factory or modified discs (depending on which one you choose), pilot bearing, release bearing (we're applicable), and conversion flywheel. Slave cylinders will be additional.

There are some great features on the LT1 clutches that have really caught our attention. Having a built in pedal stop to keep high rpm pressure plate "float" at bay, nodular iron castings, and a great plate load to bearing load ratio makes this a nice factory clutch! Of course we're not fans of the self adjusting pressure plate, but, they've made some changes to the internals on these that vastly improve the design from the past ones. That said, this is the absolute smoothest twin for your 6 bolt setups, you cannot go wrong.

When we removed/eliminated the dual mass setup from the C7 we were able to reduce the overall weight by 15lbs! The setup now comes in at 53.5 lbs with a billet steel flywheel. If we get enough guys asking about a lighter setup we will offer one, however, the MOI on this is lower than a LS7 so even though the overall weight is pretty close the overall "feel" of the unit is that of a lighter clutch.
So the lt1s ultilizes the factory c7 clutch pack? Be nice to have the option to order a replacement at the dealer

Quick Reply: First C7 clutch in a C6!