Performance Results Dyno sheets, Timeslips, Track Records, Who has the Fastest C5 Corvette?

MIR 2 Fartpipe vs WKMCD

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 07:46 PM
nickolbag
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pit-man
Me and Pipe talking about that daily ! I have a rack scheduled for the third week in November, but the problem is finding a clutch that will slip off the line, shift at high RPM and last more than 25 runs. A Tex is around$1500 now and I am going to have to pay $400 for the rack and the guys help. Too much money for me right now.

I'm fine tuning the Black Brick right now, just in case. I should be able to beat someone at the track
Let me know when you are doing it. I would like to help. I still have to take mine apart and I'd like the experience before I take it on myself in my garage.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:53 PM
pit-man
Le Mans Master

Received 242 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by nickolbag
Let me know when you are doing it. I would like to help. I still have to take mine apart and I'd like the experience before I take it on myself in my garage.
Will do Nick.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:41 PM
USAFZ06
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

pitt dont get a crapxtrailia
Old 10-26-2010, 10:42 PM
pit-man
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by USAFZ06
pitt dont get a crapxtrailia
Man, they are too much money now. What do you rec ?

Last edited by pit-man; 10-26-2010 at 10:47 PM.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:57 PM
USAFZ06
Burning Brakes

Man, they are too much money now. What do you rec ?
RPM A4 with a good converter haha
Old 10-26-2010, 11:01 PM
pit-man
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by USAFZ06
RPM A4 with a good converter haha
I hear that... but Auto's are a pain too. Getting the shift points set with a high stall, is a real slow process when you only get 2 runs a night. However, once they are set right..they are a lot of fun.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:04 AM
98vettedave
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hear that... but Auto's are a pain too. Getting the shift points set with a high stall, is a real slow process when you only get 2 runs a night. However, once they are set right..they are a lot of fun.
That A4 conversion at RPM can't be cheap. You might as well just buy that A6 C6 and be done with it. As you can see I know how to spend other peoples money...no problem there!
Old 10-27-2010, 09:04 AM
paint it black vette
Melting Slicks

mine shifts nicely at 6500 or so just after the nitrous turns off
Old 10-27-2010, 09:18 AM
98vettedave
Drifting

Originally Posted by paint it black vette
mine shifts nicely at 6500 or so just after the nitrous turns off
I guess your my last and best hope for a 383 win over FP at MIR2. One thing for sure I know you can't miss a shift and blow the race. How were your runs last weekend at the strip? Or are you keeping that quite so that FP won't panic and find a excuse not to show up.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:45 AM
Fartpipe
Le Mans Master

Received 115 Likes on 70 Posts

I have lots of reasons not to show up!!!!!!!

I gotta worry about missing shifts even more so than he does.... trying some different shifters too. Cutting down a stocker and threading hopefully this week, tried the mgw, been using the stocker in stock form.
Removed the front sway bar last night and getting alignment today. Gotta get some break in miles on a few things and trying the Hoosier 315's out again hopefully this friday. If they dont work i'm gonna be in a scramble for some 275/40/17 Mickey Thompson DR's. Since my old ones started to show some cords after a test run on a back road closed road ofcourse.

I wont have the electric waterpump on which is gonna be a bit of a problem and didnt get the light weight battery due to funds. I will most likely remove the passenger seat FYI and my damn washer tank is FULL to the gills LOL!
I need to find someone going that has some spare c5 axles just in case... cause I have to drive my car down!!!
Old 10-27-2010, 09:53 AM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

but Auto's are a pain too. Getting the shift points set with a high stall, is a real slow process when you only get 2 runs a night. However, once they are set right..they are a lot of fun.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:18 AM
stonabones69
Drifting

Originally Posted by Fartpipe

I gotta worry about missing shifts even more so than he does.... trying some different shifters too. Cutting down a stocker and threading hopefully this week, tried the mgw, been using the stocker in stock form.
Removed the front sway bar last night and getting alignment today. Gotta get some break in miles on a few things and trying the Hoosier 315's out again hopefully this friday. If they dont work i'm gonna be in a scramble for some 275/40/17 Mickey Thompson DR's. Since my old ones started to show some cords after a test run on a back road closed road ofcourse.

I wont have the electric waterpump on which is gonna be a bit of a problem and didnt get the light weight battery due to funds. I will most likely remove the passenger seat FYI and my damn washer tank is FULL to the gills LOL!
I need to find someone going that has some spare c5 axles just in case... cause I have to drive my car down!!!
Don't worry about axles pal... I have 6 extra in my trailer... MIR will be our maiden voyage so we'll most likely be taking easy shakedown passes and not breaking axles yet...
Old 10-27-2010, 11:50 AM
pit-man
Le Mans Master

The MGW is my third shifter. It has been the best shifter so far and the easiest to get in reverse (like glass). The B&M I had to fight for 30 seconds when in a parking lot wanting to back up.
Old 10-27-2010, 01:38 PM
WKMCD
Race Director

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

You've got a lot of work to do. Don't give yourself a heart attack.

Good luck!
Old 10-27-2010, 06:21 PM
98vettedave
Drifting

The MGW is my third shifter. It has been the best shifter so far and the easiest to get in reverse (like glass). The B&M I had to fight for 30 seconds when in a parking lot wanting to back up.
My MGW is a good shifter,but you need to understand that FP is still learning the six speed shift pattern so that presents him with a rather difficult obstacle to overcome prior to MIR2. Good luck there FP...I know you can do it.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:28 PM
pit-man
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by 98vettedave
My MGW is a good shifter,but you need to understand that FP is still learning the six speed shift pattern so that presents him with a rather difficult obstacle to overcome prior to MIR2. Good luck there FP...I know you can do it.
OMG that was funny as hell !!
Old 10-27-2010, 11:13 PM
edcmat-l1
Melting Slicks

I hear that... but Auto's are a pain too. Getting the shift points set with a high stall, is a real slow process when you only get 2 runs a night.
Srsly???????

Get notified of new replies

To MIR 2 Fartpipe vs WKMCD

Old 10-28-2010, 07:47 AM
pit-man
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by edcmat-l1
Srsly???????
Ok, I'm new at the tuning game...yes seriously Ed.

Let me start out with saying, I changed from a vaccum tranny to force motor tranny. I put 500+lbs in the back of my bed, Hoosier slicks on and had a passenger to try and set the shift points on the street. That took about 10 pulls and it was what seemed to be right on till I got to the track and it was short shifting. I guess I had tire spin I couldn't feel affecting the shift point on the street ? The 1-2 comes quick and hits hard. I had to go exactly 22 mph when I hit it or it would blow thru the shift point, anything higher and it wouldn't down shift.

Anyway, setting the shift point at 16 mph and 4000 rpm was making it shift at 6200rpm on the street.

So, I get to the track and make a run. My 4000 setting for the street, was short shifting at 4200 rpm at the track. Next I adjusted the mph up to 34 and the rpm up to 4900 rpm, and it was shifting past redline at 6480 rpm. Next trip I will guess and adj down 1 mph and 100rpm untill it is spot on. My 2-3 shift is still 250 rpm high.

If you have tips, fire them at me please !

Pitt

Last edited by pit-man; 10-28-2010 at 08:11 AM.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:18 AM
Fartpipe
Le Mans Master

Received 115 Likes on 70 Posts

Tip..... manual trans shift where ya want!
Old 10-28-2010, 09:27 AM
pit-man
Le Mans Master

Tip..... manual trans shift where ya want!
Yeah where you want, but not always WHEN you want !!! Sometimes that clutch won't let you shift...lol, know what I mean Green-Bean

Quick Reply: MIR 2 Fartpipe vs WKMCD